Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Verifiable Evidence of Survival

Nile_Shaman

My current theory involves a break down of linear time, but I won't go into great detail. To make a long story short, we may be hearing live persons from another time period speaking when they are alive (past or future). The Catholic church may be correct when they say that GOD does not leave souls here on earth.

The idea of live persons from different time periods speaking in the present is a pretty wild theory, but is it any worse than believing the dead are speaking to us?

I have had an EVP which sounded like it gave a name of someone who had lived in the place I was investigating (first name only), but the problem with EVP is that they are so short and hard to hear it is impossible to know for sure.

Edited by cpjason

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nile_Shaman

• Radian

• seax

• JustNormal

QUOTE (jonny b @ Jun 22 2008, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I can try and spend some time looking for the photo,but, where I actually saw it was on tv, and I believe they were pilots from world war 2.They were all old at the time of the interview, but they were positive about what had happened, and in the photo, the person was almost as solid as they were, and he was a bit behind all of them as I remember it.Not in formation with the rest of them.Of coarse the photo was way before the computer age as it was an old photo from the 40's so I do not know how likely it was to have been a fake,but I like to take thier word for it, especially those that defended freedom and were in the biggest war the world has ever seen.I just believe that those old timers have a great deal of integrity, and I have alot of respect for those vetrans,as I do with all veterans actually.anyways the photo was cool, Ill see if I can track it down. :D

For some reason, I think I may have seen that one before... but, don't go through any trouble. If I was earlier I'd look for it myself.. :}

For some reason, I think I may have seen that one before... but, don't go through any trouble. If I was earlier I'd look for it myself.. :}

hehe ok,but I might look for it anyways, just because im thinking about it now,lol

I was thinking about the EVPs and rare full body photos or manifestations of phenomenon, and why they bother me.

When we know who died in a given haunted location, and have relatives around or available, do they recognize the voices captured? Do the faces ever match up with known pictures when alive? I've not heard of this being checked or ever verified, and would like to know some cases where it has been.

If a spirit can say something like "why don't they want us here?", why can it not say "I am Mary Jane and died in Tucson" ?

That something(s) is there we can't quite see or determine, I am reasonably sure of. But, what it really is eludes me.

Does anyone else wonder about this? What ideas have you had about it? Do you know of cases that have been verified as at least accurate to the deceased?

And what about these spurious entities who seem to just set up shop in a building they had no link to before? What do they even need houses for anyway? If they want people to stay away, why aren't they out roaming wastelands or something?

I collect data, but the logic eludes me. I just really have trouble believing in longterm Dead roaming the planet, and would like to know how others deal with these questions.

Thanks,

NS

Hello Nile Shaman.

I must say, the threads you start are always interesting and get me thinking. :)

Just speculating mind you......

I think your initial question should be added to (if it isn't already) the list of cross checking when investigating. Perhaps capturing an image first is what most investigators want. Those do seem to be a rare thing when they pan out as unexplained and are clear enough to make out details.

I don't think that long term dead would roam the planet. Either when a person catches glimpses of a roman legion or any of the headless ghosts that supposedly haunt the Tower of London, etc that the person/s are either seeing a psychic recording or as cpjason stated a window in time. Don't know why time gets all wobbly? But it seems that sometimes it does.

A friend used to work at a hotel.. To be perfectly honest the hotel in question seems to have a lot of paranormal activity. My friend would complain to me about the residents (the entities who lived their afterlife in the hotel) getting wound up when interlopers would come with guests. On those evenings there would be pronounced activity. When the guest with the attachment left the hotel would resume its normal activity.

Perhaps it's that we humans by and large are a social species. Most of us tend to like company so why would deceased persons show different behavior? If the person was antisocial in life they may be the solitary wanderer encountered. Or if a wandering soul found someone who they felt a connection to they might hang around to.... vicariously live again. Not as in a possession, but to watch and perhaps even watch over.

Reading ghost stories and myths and legends shows that there are as many different types of spirits(? best word) out there are there are types of people. Again to me this seems logical. No two people act the same when alive or have the same reactions. Perhaps one of the difficulties (providing ghosts exist) is that the living are dealing with individuals so there isn't going to be a cookie cutter solution. What works with one may not work with another.

Memorials set up do sound to me as the Mambo you talked with stated a way of placating the dead. In a way, it doesn't do anything but serve the living. But in a way it's kind of cruel to both parties. I don't understand all the roadside markers, I mean (in some traditions) it may keep the memory of that event fresh rather than the intended pacifying effect. All of the roadside markers are for people who died quickly and violently and every person who passes will reflect and feel pity, more if they are a local and know the person. Then if the immediate loved ones of the deceased also passes by the marker frequently they project their feelings of loss and sorrow to that spot. To me YIKES! you want to talk about a way to ensure a place has bad juju! Could that have a way of creating or augmenting a haunting?

Thanks for the good thread!

Warm regards,

Mabon.

I also saw my partner, Al, the night after his funeral, but have told that tale here before. He and I spoke for just a few exchanges, to the point of an issue between us, and then he was gone. I have seen a few souls at their death location while investigating, but not that many. Maybe, oh, at a third of the scenes. The rest, no soul was around.

Hi NS

Sorry to read about you loosing your partner. You KNOW without doubt that it was your Al you saw and conversed with that night, you know for sure that death isn't the end. I hope it bought you comfort at, what must have been, a really horrible time.

I watched Ghost Hunters International the other day and they were filming not too far away from the city I live in. We've got strong Brummie accents in our neck of the woods and the EVP they caught had a distinct Brummie accent, no doubt about it. I was impressed, as the only people in the building were Americans.

Also there have been examples of ghost photos looking like people who have died and have been recognised. I think the sailors following the ship were recognised as dead comrades (though the actual famous photos, just look like skulls to me) the testimony of sailors was that it definantly were their dead friends. Also the RAF airman Freddie Jackson, his squadron easily identified him in the photo.

The photo of the dead mother in law in the back of the car with her eyes glowing. There is also a photo of an old lady and there's a ghostly man behind her, he has been identified as her husband who had passed away several years before.

The idea of live persons from different time periods speaking in the present is a pretty wild theory, but is it any worse than believing the dead are speaking to us?

No, it isn't, and if we are to ever narrow down what this is, we do have to be willing to think of other ideas. I like your theory and have been mulling similar over in my mind lately. Not the same, ideas of ghosts being dreams (of the Dead), or imprints, or that there may be a spirit and soul and one is left which is randomly runs until the (mental? maybe) energy depletes. I don't think they are better than the basic ghost theory, but I am trying to think up what could be happening. Mind you, if it turns out to be that ghosts are what it is said they are, I'm ok with that. I just doubt it increasingly.

I have also thought they are actually alive and in their time, and maybe we occasionally are their haunts, when time is weaker somehow under some circumstances. Like your idea, but I had not formed the notion of time slips quite, as yet.

Thanks for your thoughts.

NS

Hello Nile Shaman.

I must say, the threads you start are always interesting and get me thinking. :)

As are your replies, my friend :).

Just speculating mind you......

I think your initial question should be added to (if it isn't already) the list of cross checking when investigating. Perhaps capturing an image first is what most investigators want. Those do seem to be a rare thing when they pan out as unexplained and are clear enough to make out details.

Speculation is, really, all we can do for now, I think, but it may lead us to something we can someday measure or evaluate. Yes, I'd find I have a lot more confidence in some of the "evidence" if PIs added in historical information about the place moreso. "A girl drowned in the pond" isn't very impressive. "In a Milwaukee Times (dunno if that is a real paper or not LOL, just an example) newspaper article dated 1890, there is a brief article about Millie Jones, a child of 8, falling in the pond and drowning" does more for me, and if there are any historical pictures or a copy of it available, that is even more impressive.

But, if you catch a full body apparition, it should be considered only half of the job, if you intend to say it is a catch of the drowned child. Verify the drowning really occurred, and get a picture as your goal, to fill the file and report out, IMO. IF you can. It's not always possible. But, the goal should be there. I don't see it though. I see pics posted which may or may not impress anyone, and woo-hoo, lookie what I got, a picture of something nobody really knows what it is of, I'm a super duper PI. I'd rather see "we got this during our exploration of Whatever Mansion and speculate it may be of the Whatever Family's daughter who died of X reportedly, and are researching to find out if there are any portraits or images of her to compare" would show me a true investigation, versus a ghost hunt.

I don't think that long term dead would roam the planet. Either when a person catches glimpses of a roman legion or any of the headless ghosts that supposedly haunt the Tower of London, etc that the person/s are either seeing a psychic recording or as cpjason stated a window in time. Don't know why time gets all wobbly? But it seems that sometimes it does.

It has been suggested that our perceptions and ability to perceive are what governs what our senses pick up and how we define reality. There are even suggestions that our perceptions somehow govern how reality manifests. I don't know that those suggestions are any more valid than a blanket belief in ghosts, but maybe we are changing and so pick such things up more.... or our ancestors just took it vastly more in stride and didn't make a big deal of it as being anything but normal to occasionally see Auntie roaming about the kitchen 20 years after she'd died.

A friend used to work at a hotel.. To be perfectly honest the hotel in question seems to have a lot of paranormal activity. My friend would complain to me about the residents (the entities who lived their afterlife in the hotel) getting wound up when interlopers would come with guests. On those evenings there would be pronounced activity. When the guest with the attachment left the hotel would resume its normal activity.

You're baiting me out, Mabon :). I have observed this. I also suspect it is why some always seem to have things happening around them, and others have less. Can't prove it, but it is something I have observed a lot, comparatively, and have even had to deal with re visitors in my own home.

Perhaps it's that we humans by and large are a social species. Most of us tend to like company so why would deceased persons show different behavior? If the person was antisocial in life they may be the solitary wanderer encountered. Or if a wandering soul found someone who they felt a connection to they might hang around to.... vicariously live again. Not as in a possession, but to watch and perhaps even watch over.

Everyone wants to use the P word when attachment and/or oppression is vastly more common and sufficient to most entity's general needs, if the theories are true. They also come about more easily for the entity, if it is one, because of our propensity to be curious and even eager for contact with Other. Volunteers, as I call them, abound on these boards, complaining when it gets out of hand, or else imagining thier new abilities are their very own.... I don't think so in most cases.

Memorials set up do sound to me as the Mambo you talked with stated a way of placating the dead. In a way, it doesn't do anything but serve the living. <snip>To me YIKES! you want to talk about a way to ensure a place has bad juju! Could that have a way of creating or augmenting a haunting?

Could be. Could be. When she first said that, I was, like, whoa, absurd, but the more I have thought about it, the more I think it is true. Subconcious, usually, for us repressed Westerners. Other religions, like Vodou, do not repress this and just view it as pragmatically as anything else. To me, those shrines serve as a warning to strangers about a potentially bad curve or place along the roadway. I saw it as grief expressed. Maybe that is true for some, and a treaty for others. I don't know.

((Mabon))

NS

Sorry to read about you loosing your partner. You KNOW without doubt that it was your Al you saw and conversed with that night, you know for sure that death isn't the end. I hope it bought you comfort at, what must have been, a really horrible time.

I believe in the afterlife, and so knew Al would be ok that way, but that he came back and dealt with the one issue that hurt me most about losing him, impressed me. No dream, I was awake fully and on the computer.

I don't know if it makes sense to anyone else, but the few experiences I have had personally, were to a specific point or purpose, not random roamings and moanings. Now, is this because they were "real" and most aren't real? Or is it only because this is my critieria and so all else gets filtered out and any spirit wanting to talk to me has to meet the filter or drift on into the moonlight?

I am not so arrogant as some accuse me of being. I suspect the truth is somewhere between those two extremes.

Also there have been examples of ghost photos looking like people who have died and have been recognised. I think the sailors following the ship were recognised as dead comrades (though the actual famous photos, just look like skulls to me) the testimony of sailors was that it definantly were their dead friends. Also the RAF airman Freddie Jackson, his squadron easily identified him in the photo.

The photo of the dead mother in law in the back of the car with her eyes glowing. There is also a photo of an old lady and there's a ghostly man behind her, he has been identified as her husband who had passed away several years before.

Yes, and though both have been debunked (non paranormal possibilities stated to cause such a picture), the fact is, the witnesses testify it is who they knew in life. You can "debunk" anything. Even the truth :).

Thanks for your post, Reg

NS

I love to listen to CCR. Your mom must have been fine person.

best regards,

seax B)

Yeah, she was. CCR was her favorite. You know how usually people play that canned music before and after the funeral? We played a CCR cd. It was great.

Yeah, she was. CCR was her favorite. You know how usually people play that canned music before and after the funeral? We played a CCR cd. It was great.

Good Golly Miss Molly

Green River

Cross Tie Walker

Ramble Tamble

I Heard It Through The Grape Vine

Commotion

Who'll Stop the Rain

Bootleg

Sweet Hitchhiker

How sweet it is....................

best regards,

seax B)

Good Golly Miss Molly

Green River

Cross Tie Walker

Ramble Tamble

I Heard It Through The Grape Vine

Commotion

Who'll Stop the Rain

Bootleg

Sweet Hitchhiker

How sweet it is....................

*sighs happily* yeah...CCR, Joan Baez...James Taylor....there was a period there when songs were emotional photographs in a way :)... or maybe that is an age thing LOL. Maybe I just relate to those emotions better than the ones out today. They are about memories and experiences I had. Music is the closest thing I know of to Spirit.

NS

Hi NS...you want some examples..here is some great ones. Their is a group of people that get together (The Big Circle) to connect with lost ones through EVP's and you will be amazed what you hear. EVP's mention names of people in the circle....also their names as well....answer questions...and some of the EVP's sound sound like their voices when they are alive. Hope you enjoy. http://bigcircle.aaevp.com/gallery.htm

You know what they say Nile_Shaman,

Music calms the savage beast!

:whistle::lol::sk:su

Edited by seax

Speculation is, really, all we can do for now, I think, but it may lead us to something we can someday measure or evaluate. Yes, I'd find I have a lot more confidence in some of the "evidence" if PIs added in historical information about the place moreso. "A girl drowned in the pond" isn't very impressive. "In a Milwaukee Times (dunno if that is a real paper or not LOL, just an example) newspaper article dated 1890, there is a brief article about Millie Jones, a child of 8, falling in the pond and drowning" does more for me, and if there are any historical pictures or a copy of it available, that is even more impressive.

But, if you catch a full body apparition, it should be considered only half of the job, if you intend to say it is a catch of the drowned child. Verify the drowning really occurred, and get a picture as your goal, to fill the file and report out, IMO. IF you can. It's not always possible. But, the goal should be there. I don't see it though. I see pics posted which may or may not impress anyone, and woo-hoo, lookie what I got, a picture of something nobody really knows what it is of, I'm a super duper PI. I'd rather see "we got this during our exploration of Whatever Mansion and speculate it may be of the Whatever Family's daughter who died of X reportedly, and are researching to find out if there are any portraits or images of her to compare" would show me a true investigation, versus a ghost hunt.

I agree with you 100% on the true investigation vs. ghost hunt, this needed to be said and I'm glad you said it.

I have always been suspicious of EVP's and not because I can't hear them, but because as you said, if they can say something like "Get out of here" why can't they say "I'm Evelyn Smith"? You just never hear those kind of EVP's. ;)

I believe in the afterlife, and so knew Al would be ok that way, but that he came back and dealt with the one issue that hurt me most about losing him, impressed me. No dream, I was awake fully and on the computer.[/qoute]

I'm really sorry about Al. I know how hard it is to lose someone that close to you.

I'm so glad that you and he were able to square things. Not everyone gets that chance.

As are your replies, my friend :).

HUGS!!!! Sorry it has taken me a while to respond. Still working on the house. (The pony you gave me awhile back is fine and thriving. :lol: )

I agree with you. As much information that a researcher can gather together helps sort it all out.

Again, I agree. If an investigator suspects a specific incident as cause of the activity they should do this. Or if an individual has an encounter they could also try researching the area they had the encounter in to find out if it was an isolated incident or not. I use the hotel as example. A guest stays the night and has an encounter. The guest isn't local and doesn't know that there is reported activity in the hotel because it isn't billed as such. The person can either ask the person at the front desk about the encounter and hope that they will provide them with that person's honest opinion, or do some research on the area them self. A lot of records are on line now.

The reason a lot of places are investigated is the stories that get circulated about place. These stories may have basis in fact or not. It's knowing the back story that helps to sort things out. I've told a story on the board about an encounter that my friend had at the hotel and how a self-claimed area psychic and writer who does haunted tours had embellished the story to the point of nausea MF overheard the psychic telling the story to a tour group and snorted in disgust. Of course the psychic was irritated and asked MF what the problem was so MF told the psychic what they were telling had some of the basic story but had blown the facts all out of proportion. Of course the psychic got irritated and said something like, "your wrong... because I talked to the person." (The bold part is the important bit.)

"That's funny," MF replied. "I don't ever remember talking to you about it since it happened to me." :w00t:

I've always been glad that my friend was there to expose the parts of the story that were bogus. The events that happened were mystifying and didn't need 'tarting' up at all. Sad really. I don't know if the psychic understood that in that one evening they had blown their creditability? I personally would never trust a reading from that person nor would I ever buy one of the books the psychic sold as authentic 'ghost stories'. Because I would never know how much padding there was to the stories or readings. :no:

It has been suggested that our perceptions and ability to perceive are what governs what our senses pick up and how we define reality. There are even suggestions that our perceptions somehow govern how reality manifests. I don't know that those suggestions are any more valid than a blanket belief in ghosts, but maybe we are changing and so pick such things up more.... or our ancestors just took it vastly more in stride and didn't make a big deal of it as being anything but normal to occasionally see Auntie roaming about the kitchen 20 years after she'd died.

I can think of two of those theories off the top of my head but can only name one of them. Exactly the point that I was trying to make in another thread about the Foxfire series section that dealt with ghost stories. They were told in the person's own words, (no editing or embellishments, no attempt by the interviewer to put their own spin on things) and for the most part the stores were seen as curiosities by the person telling them. I didn't sense that the persons telling them were scared witless.... unnerved by the encounter but not terrified.

You're baiting me out, Mabon :). I have observed this. I also suspect it is why some always seem to have things happening around them, and others have less. Can't prove it, but it is something I have observed a lot, comparatively, and have even had to deal with re visitors in my own home.

No Mam! :innocent:

I've observed similar things, I can't prove it either (dangit!). It's like some people have their own personal chaos field... kind of like Pig Pen from Charlie Brown used to have a cloud of dust around him.

Everyone wants to use the P word when attachment and/or oppression is vastly more common and sufficient to most entity's general needs, if the theories are true. They also come about more easily for the entity, if it is one, because of our propensity to be curious and even eager for contact with Other. Volunteers, as I call them, abound on these boards, complaining when it gets out of hand, or else imagining thier new abilities are their very own.... I don't think so in most cases.

Again agreed.

Could be. Could be. When she first said that, I was, like, whoa, absurd, but the more I have thought about it, the more I think it is true. Subconcious, usually, for us repressed Westerners. Other religions, like Vodou, do not repress this and just view it as pragmatically as anything else. To me, those shrines serve as a warning to strangers about a potentially bad curve or place along the roadway. I saw it as grief expressed. Maybe that is true for some, and a treaty for others. I don't know.

((Mabon))

NS

Ok now this is how your threads get me thinking. Sorry if this turns into a ramble.

Thinking about your insights to the highway markers and how I felt about them. I like your positive idea about them but it's difficult for me to get my own feelings of them out of my head. To me they mark the tragedy of the person's death rather than the remarkable story of their life. I don't think of death as an aspect of life to be feared. However, I think sometimes that minds can get stuck on an aspect of a tragic death until a person can't remember their loved one except at that one fixed point. Even a stranger to the marker that has that kind of energy may be able to read that energy. Or unsuspectingly trigger the energy. That's why even though I enjoy antiques I as a rule do not purchase mourning jewelry. Uh, thanks but no thanks. Don't need that type of energy around.

So this got me thinking... further along and in combination with the recordings in time or alternatively time windows. What if things like... Nessie, UFOs and various things identified as cryptids as well as a misplaced legion or two are actually time windows. There would never be a way to get evidence of the encounter beyond photos or EMF. No hair or foot prints because it's not in our time zone?

*goes off to ponder*

I too am sorry about your loss! Glad though you did have a chance to resolve it! ((((HUGS and LOVE))))

Mabon.

HUGS!!!! Sorry it has taken me a while to respond. Still working on the house. (The pony you gave me awhile back is fine and thriving. :lol: )

I'm so glad :)

Again, I agree. If an investigator suspects a specific incident as cause of the activity they should do this. Or if an individual has an encounter they could also try researching the area they had the encounter in to find out if it was an isolated incident or not.

History fascinates me as much or more than the paranormal again and also anymore. I was heavy into history, which led me into the occult, and now I am much more interested in history again. The occult becomes boring after a point. I have no interest in forming a paranormal group or PI thing, but I have long been wanting to start cemetary-ing it - going to them and taking pictures and documenting some of the old and almost overgrown ones out here in the Bayous, sending in the data to Geneology.com or else just starting my own for people needing to locate some ancestor from out here. I want to dig into the history of these byways most folks will never see or understand. Incidental to documenting with photography, finding out if there are any tales might touch on folkloric forms of hauntings, I guess. Documenting pictorially old places about to collapse and be gone and telling thier stories. That would be cool, to me. No problem if nobody else would agree. It just is perplexing to find almost nothign written down or preserved about this Parish. With the last locals elderly and dead or dying, there is not much left to capture of the lore. That kinda blows my mind, and I am not used to that attitude culturally. Backwoods Louisiana is different and sometimes extraordinary for us non-locals who really like to watch and think and have travelled a lot before coming here. It just wasn't the usual kind of settlement. Heavily logging and transient for a goodly while, and so not much left behind after the fact, it *seems*.

To shorten this (I suspect if we ever meet for coffee to gab, Mabon, it needs to be open 24 hours LOL) reference your comments about circulated tales about popular ghost hunt sites, I just don't find them to appeal as much as finding the unknown as yet ones. Let the pics tell what they will and tell the history of it and let it be what it is and was and will be. That appeals to me mostly :).

Re the amazing tale of the psychic and your friend, I'm shaking my head. That is the sort of tripe that makes life hard for real psychics or sensitives. But, it is no way exclusive to them, that sort of behavior and deceit. Needless deceit I might add. The truth is often more fascinating anyway. I eventually left organized Vodou because of the bull poop which was on par with any other religion and when it gets into outright fraud, I can't be there. So, I am rather an independant and have contact with only a few clergy in that religion anymore whose friendships withstood my explosion over the poopy stuff.

Re Foxfire ghosties, yes, it was very pragmatic, how they saw it before. Nowdays we just have to define everything as to how it makes us special or affects us or apply meanings and labels.

No Mam! :innocent:

I've observed similar things, I can't prove it either (dangit!). It's like some people have their own personal chaos field... kind of like Pig Pen from Charlie Brown used to have a cloud of dust around him.

I know exactly what you mean! :)

Thinking about your insights to the highway markers and how I felt about them. I like your positive idea about them but it's difficult for me to get my own feelings of them out of my head. To me they mark the tragedy of the person's death rather than the remarkable story of their life. I don't think of death as an aspect of life to be feared. However, I think sometimes that minds can get stuck on an aspect of a tragic death until a person can't remember their loved one except at that one fixed point. Even a stranger to the marker that has that kind of energy may be able to read that energy. Or unsuspectingly trigger the energy. That's why even though I enjoy antiques I as a rule do not purchase mourning jewelry. Uh, thanks but no thanks. Don't need that type of energy around.

Yeah, and we do tend to do that for way too long when a loved one dies. The loss is what we tend to grieve over, and when the pain fades, only then do we seem more able to move on and carry the good memories with us. I had time to expect Al's death and we were brutal conversationalists. He knew I'd not be at his funeral and why. It's a little late then, far as I'm concerned to act like you give a damn and care. If you love someone, show it daily, take care of them in the little ways while you have them, so the guilt or duty doesn't drive you to have to go to the funeral IMO. We talked about this a lot before he got diagnosed. Funerals are for the living. That is just how I see it, and if you did not give a rat's behind about me when I lived, then don't BOTHER, ok?

So this got me thinking... further along and in combination with the recordings in time or alternatively time windows. What if things like... Nessie, UFOs and various things identified as cryptids as well as a misplaced legion or two are actually time windows. There would never be a way to get evidence of the encounter beyond photos or EMF. No hair or foot prints because it's not in our time zone?

I am increasingly thinking we do live in a multi-dimensional space, and time may be a factor as well. This is why I am dubious increasingly the more I see "evidence" of ghosts from current investigations. I have seen enough myself to know there is survival after death, but I don't know this corresponds to ghosts in the current sense.

I too am sorry about your loss! Glad though you did have a chance to resolve it! ((((HUGS and LOVE))))

Mabon.

That was pure Al. The most loveable butthead I EVER knew .....

and love, still.

Hugs, Mabon. Love you too,

NS

I'm so glad :)

but I have long been wanting to start cemetary-ing it - going to them and taking pictures and documenting some of the old and almost overgrown ones out here in the Bayous, sending in the data to Geneology.com or else just starting my own for people needing to locate some ancestor from out here. I want to dig into the history of these byways most folks will never see or understand. Incidental to documenting with photography, finding out if there are any tales might touch on folkloric forms of hauntings, I guess. Documenting pictorially old places about to collapse and be gone and telling thier stories. That would be cool, to me.

With the last locals elderly and dead or dying, there is not much left to capture of the lore. That kinda blows my mind,

NS

I find this fascinating NS. Let me know how I can help. I frequent these places out of sheer adventure. It would be wonderful to add some rhyme and reason for being there. Your idea sounds very productive and I would love to get into something like that.

Yes, whole languages are lost as this people cross over. It blows me away that entire civilizations have risen and perished in the sands, and we know so little about what went on then. It makes me wonder of our own destiny in time. But I think we will succumb to the horrors of mans destructive capabilities long before the first monument crumbles. Our destiny is already written, because we have paid little heed to the destinies of those before us. Oh well, I think I am old enough to miss looking like yesterdays bratwurst at the hands of some foolish foreign warmonger.

I'm sorry if I am off topic. I just found your last post fascinating...as always. ~Jackal