Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tips for EVP work

Pluto-x

I notice a lot of people on here telling their methods & stories with the use of an Ouija board and so forth. There are many ways to summon summon spirits without provoking or using the good old Ouija board. Here are some things my team works on and have had great results with these techniques and methods. Feel free to try them out. Just remember, it doesn't happen on demand. It happens in cycles. These methods aren't guaranteed to work for everyone. Find what works best for you. I'm just making suggestions. :innocent:

Tips & positive methods to summon spirits - ( Scientifically & with Methodology )

There are many ways you can summon a spirit without trying to provoke a spirit. When your doing EVP work ( Electronic Voice Phenomena ) or conjuring spirits with any technique, you never know what door way you are opening. You don't know what kind of spirits you are inviting into our world.

With any EVP work you certainly do not know how to close those door ways either.

Here are some techniques & methods anyone is welcome to try out that our team has tried. We have gotten some great results without the method of provoking.

Play some music from their time period. We find that music motivates in a positive manner.

Do some history searching. Try and find some interests of theirs. Such as what they like to drink, eat, a hobby, sports etc; Then ask those key questions regarding their interests. We treat them with much respect as if they were still alive. Treat them like how you would like to be treated. You'll be surprised what kind of results you get.

Light some candles. They say that spirits are attracted to different kinds of lighting. We also use other lights such as black lighting, neon, laser, infrared, u-v light etc;

We've gone as far as even using a Tesla ball. Its a device that holds electricity inside a glass ball. Its safe to touch. The electricity also moves inside the ball when you touch it physically. It might be a great way to get a spirit to physically interact.

Right now our team are working with people in the field who are working on reverse infrared. That might be something to look into. Its a new technology that ghost hunters are getting into. Infrared technology I think is the key to getting great quality video evidence. We can only see so much with the human eye. A camera lens can be a powerful tool for us ghost hunters.

We're also working on a device to help enhance or boost the EMF Field when working with audio. Similar to the Frank box but much different. Do not invest in the frank box. It does not work and many people have complained about the radio interfering with it. If you can find an old radio that gives off a certain amount of EMF Field, that is what we are trying use. Since EVP is a low frequency, we're trying to find methods to enhance those low frequencies.

We've tried using parabolic microphones. With a small frequency range so you do not gain outside interference. Buy a small range parabolic. They do work. However keep a note on what kind of building you might be in. Watch out for echo.

Just some positive ways to summon spirits using methodology and being scientific.

We do not suggest provoking. I believe that we ALL underestimate the spirit intelligence.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pluto-x

• MasterPo

• JustNormal

• Guardian Angel of Fire

Ouija, EVP...haha i've got one that will knock your socks off. Set up all lights were off, their was white candle, black candle, and a few tea light candles set around the board. Yes i find EVP's quite interesting, but to the human ear, we can only hear sounds so low, and so high, some can hear much higher than others, this one really got me as i couldnt debunk this at all.

Tymons_Basement_Ouija_Tell_Them_to_Stop_.wmv

I notice a lot of people on here telling their methods & stories with the use of an Ouija board and so forth. There are many ways to summon summon spirits without provoking or using the good old Ouija board. Here are some things my team works on and have had great results with these techniques and methods. Feel free to try them out. Just remember, it doesn't happen on demand. It happens in cycles. These methods aren't guaranteed to work for everyone. Find what works best for you. I'm just making suggestions. :innocent:

Tips & positive methods to summon spirits - ( Scientifically & with Methodology )

There are many ways you can summon a spirit without trying to provoke a spirit. When your doing EVP work ( Electronic Voice Phenomena ) or conjuring spirits with any technique, you never know what door way you are opening. You don't know what kind of spirits you are inviting into our world.

With any EVP work you certainly do not know how to close those door ways either.

Here are some techniques & methods anyone is welcome to try out that our team has tried. We have gotten some great results without the method of provoking.

Play some music from their time period. We find that music motivates in a positive manner.

Do some history searching. Try and find some interests of theirs. Such as what they like to drink, eat, a hobby, sports etc; Then ask those key questions regarding their interests. We treat them with much respect as if they were still alive. Treat them like how you would like to be treated. You'll be surprised what kind of results you get.

Light some candles. They say that spirits are attracted to different kinds of lighting. We also use other lights such as black lighting, neon, laser, infrared, u-v light etc;

We've gone as far as even using a Tesla ball. Its a device that holds electricity inside a glass ball. Its safe to touch. The electricity also moves inside the ball when you touch it physically. It might be a great way to get a spirit to physically interact.

Right now our team are working with people in the field who are working on reverse infrared. That might be something to look into. Its a new technology that ghost hunters are getting into. Infrared technology I think is the key to getting great quality video evidence. We can only see so much with the human eye. A camera lens can be a powerful tool for us ghost hunters.

We're also working on a device to help enhance or boost the EMF Field when working with audio. Similar to the Frank box but much different. Do not invest in the frank box. It does not work and many people have complained about the radio interfering with it. If you can find an old radio that gives off a certain amount of EMF Field, that is what we are trying use. Since EVP is a low frequency, we're trying to find methods to enhance those low frequencies.

We've tried using parabolic microphones. With a small frequency range so you do not gain outside interference. Buy a small range parabolic. They do work. However keep a note on what kind of building you might be in. Watch out for echo.

Just some positive ways to summon spirits using methodology and being scientific.

We do not suggest provoking. I believe that we ALL underestimate the spirit intelligence.

:wacko:

Hey Pluto!!! :st It's interesting that you mention the Tesla ball. My son has one in his bedroom and we've seen it do some pretty strange things, it didn't occur to me that it might be connected to the activity in the house, which comes and goes. Next time it's heavy here, I'll check out the ball and see what it's doing.

As you know, I'm not much for sound, but with all of the amps in my home (kids are musicians, they have 7 amps) they sometimes get voices coming through their amps. It's weird, but I'm assuming that it's either radio or CB transmissions of some kind.

This was my gripe with Franks Box or any similar device, if my kid's amp could pick up non-ghostly transmissions, then surely any other of these electronic devices could, don't you think?

Thanks for the tips, I enjoy seeing what you and your team are experimenting with. :tu:

I am dubious about using enhancements - randomly generated sound can produce speech like patterns quite easily. Enhancing the emf field is just another source of randomly generated sound. Even if you get seemingly clear words you wont be able to state that it is NOT a created sound. You just wont know.

However I think these ideas are worthy of perusing for experiment sake. Collecting the data (how many evps and what circumstances) over a long period of time might open interesting doors. I would just be wary of submitting any thing as "proof".

I posted this in the wrong thread! LOL

Thanks Jennie 1

I just don't understand why teams provoke with aggression. I think that is why they do not get as good results as others.

Edited by Pluto-x

I am dubious about using enhancements - randomly generated sound can produce speech like patterns quite easily. Enhancing the emf field is just another source of randomly generated sound. Even if you get seemingly clear words you wont be able to state that it is NOT a created sound. You just wont know.

However I think these ideas are worthy of perusing for experiment sake. Collecting the data (how many evps and what circumstances) over a long period of time might open interesting doors. I would just be wary of submitting any thing as "proof".

Ah but just because you generate a larger EMF you dont necessarly increase the sound, because if you increased sound and EMF you'd have a White Noise Generator. My evp's are genuine and none of them are enhanced.

Ah but just because you generate a larger EMF you dont necessarly increase the sound, because if you increased sound and EMF you'd have a White Noise Generator. My evp's are genuine and none of them are enhanced.

I agree!! JN

What is "reverse infrared"?

I just think EVP's are quiet interesting especially if you end up with a plethera of EVP's in an investigation, like i did my first time i investigated in my basement, i was just astonished! Especially when my friend had explained what he saw a shadow of something walking around and after he said that we got on the recorder something saying 3 Seconds.

Friend_Hears_Something_Three_Seconds_Response.wmv

Ah so nice to be back because there are so many things I have been wanting to say.

First to "provoking".

Anytime you try to do evp work, or to communicate with a spirit/ghost/what have you, it is considered provoking. No matter the level, no matter how nice you are about it, it's still provoking.

In regards to using the Tesla ball....nope. I highly think anything with that is nearly impossible to suggest.

Wishful thinking because one can not control or even find a pattern to the flow inside the ball to suggest it is being manipulated on the outside.

Also, EMF can manipulate sound to a degree. "Density"

Ah so nice to be back because there are so many things I have been wanting to say.

First to "provoking".

Anytime you try to do evp work, or to communicate with a spirit/ghost/what have you, it is considered provoking. No matter the level, no matter how nice you are about it, it's still provoking.

In regards to using the Tesla ball....nope. I highly think anything with that is nearly impossible to suggest.

Wishful thinking because one can not control or even find a pattern to the flow inside the ball to suggest it is being manipulated on the outside.

Also, EMF can manipulate sound to a degree. "Density"

Welcome back, Feel better now? LOL.JN

Thanks and that is maybe .001 of what I want to say. :)

LOL Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.. :lol:

Welcome back CW... missed ya on the boards. I don't know if I would necessarily say that doing evps is provoking because we talk to it like we were talking to another person. We never ask questions in past tense or anything relating to death. I also don't think that that falls under the catergory of conjuring/summoning.

Edited by LIGhostChick

Welcome back CW - a new name too. :st

Reg

Definition of provoking: agitative: causing or tending to cause anger or resentment;

Provoking is being aggressive.

That is a Dictionary definition of provoking.

EVP work can be done without provoking.

Asking questions ( without being aggressive ) is not the same as provoking.

This is the definition written from a dictionary.

To provoke:

• to stir up, arouse, or call forth
  • to incite or stimulate
  • to give rise to, induce, or bring about

(Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006. )

Provoking is intended to stirr up activity that may not happen with a gentile question. The problem is you have no control over when, where, who and how the reaction (if any - doesn't always work) is directed.

Excellent definition MP.

I don't think asking polite questions or general questions is provoking.

I believe its the intent of your questions that it may be considered provoking.

When your doing EVP work ( Electronic Voice Phenomena ) or conjuring spirits with any technique, you never know what door way you are opening. You don't know what kind of spirits you are inviting into our world.

EVPs are most likely created by interference from nearby items that emit noise on low-level frequencies, such as CB radios or through cross modulation. Or, just background noise, and this background noise is recorded, and replayed. If something "interesting" is heard, the sound sample is isolated, filtered, enhanced, and otherwise changed as much as necessary in order to make the "interesting" sounds into something vaguely intelligible. And when I say vaguely, boy do I mean it!

Not even to mention that now, that the phenomenon has a number of devoted followers, some hoaxers have probably entered the fray.

Additionally, some of the "voices" people believe have been caught on tape are likely fueled by human natures propensity to try to make sense out of random patterns, called pareidolia, in this case, noise.

The face on Mars, hearing messages on records played in reverse and Electronic Voice Phenomena are examples of pareidolia.

Another possible explanation is that people may have used old tapes, knowingly or not, for EVP sessions, and that the voices they hear come from previous recording "bleeding through".

To bad that Meek and ONeil from Spiricom, who promised direct two-way communication with the dead, never made it. How cool would it be to call up my dead grandmother, but then again, this is exactly what keeps this idea of EVP alive.

The - What if...

This EVP nonsense is one of those times when Occams Razor should be applied .

"One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything."

Edited by hazzard

To provoke:

• to stir up, arouse, or call forth
  • to incite or stimulate
  • to give rise to, induce, or bring about

(Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006. )

Provoking is intended to stirr up activity that may not happen with a gentile question. The problem is you have no control over when, where, who and how the reaction (if any - doesn't always work) is directed.

Exactly my point, which a few people I have talked to in this field have said, even asking simple questions can be provoking, but to "call forth" by asking if someone is present, lighting candles, etc.....kinda "provoking" if you ask me.