Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tips for EVP work

Pluto-x

Definition of provoking: agitative: causing or tending to cause anger or resentment;

Provoking is being aggressive.

That is a Dictionary definition of provoking.

EVP work can be done without provoking.

Asking questions ( without being aggressive ) is not the same as provoking.

This is the definition written from a dictionary.

Btw, way to post the definition to fit YOUR needs. What about the other way around. :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pluto-x

• MasterPo

• JustNormal

• Guardian Angel of Fire

I disagree with this on a number of levels. I personally have caught three or four completely intelligible and completely unexplainable EVPs. However, that being said, I have thrown out probably 100 in the process, both on my own level and my work with FGHS back when they were still around. Further, none of those were filtered, changed, enhanced, or anything in any way.

I guess some of the most important things to remember with EVP in general is its really an intelligent process. If you get a clear yes or no or more from a voice that wasn't there when you were first recording and its responding intelligently to your questions... well, odds are you have an indication of paranormality.

Of course, EVPs should never been taken as the sole means for establishing paranormality or hauntings, but rather used in concert with a number of other sources to help begin an explanation of what is going on.

Good to be back, btw. Used to be under the name WookieMcFly.

Later-

C

Couldn't agree with you more PAGhostHunter. Direct responses to questions is enough to say its Paranormal if they are by someone that isn't there. That is also an intelligent spirit that knows its surroundings and whom to communicate with.

EVPs are most likely created by interference from nearby items that emit noise on low-level frequencies, such as CB radios or through cross modulation. Or, just background noise, and this background noise is recorded, and replayed. If something "interesting" is heard, the sound sample is isolated, filtered, enhanced, and otherwise changed as much as necessary in order to make the "interesting" sounds into something vaguely intelligible. And when I say vaguely, boy do I mean it!

You know what a radio ro TV signal sounds like. The probability of intercepting a radio or TV signal that exactly answers a question you just posed not 2-3 seconds eariler is mathematically soooooo remote.

I've been using audio recorders personally and professionally for 20+ years. In all that time I have never gotten anything that even remotely sounded like a TV or radio signal.

I believe its the intent of your questions that it may be considered provoking.

To some people, just asking "Is anyone here?" is provoking.

BTW, what is "reverse infrared"?

Right now our team are working with people in the field who are working on reverse infrared.

Can you elaborate on what reverse infrared is & what your resources are? I'm just curious as to what it is.

Its a lot to digest in reading material. But this is the source. I am working with a department from Stony Brook University who is working with such technology. It already exists. I like the technology of high speed infrared as well. That might work well for our field.

Reverse Infrared & other Infrared Technology

You should look into the work of Patrick Burns. He's done a lot with digital IR photography

I'm more of a video technician of our team. I am learning about photography now. That is why I am attending Stony Brook University and the professor I am working with is into the same technology I am. Highspeed Infrared= no more fuzzy trail on video! LOL

I'm more of a video technician of our team. I am learning about photography now. That is why I am attending Stony Brook University and the professor I am working with is into the same technology I am. Highspeed Infrared= no more fuzzy trail on video! LOL

You're going to need a really fast camera to eliminate the trails. That won't be cheap$$.

Try using a high speed strobe instead. But don't watch the play back if you have epilepsy! :o

Its a lot to digest in reading material. But this is the source. I am working with a department from Stony Brook University who is working with such technology. It already exists. I like the technology of high speed infrared as well. That might work well for our field.

Reverse Infrared & other Infrared Technology

Wow! Thanks for the link! I've spent hours looking at the photo's on the links to your link. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

well it is really esey to do e.v.p i dot all the time it fun to do all you do is get a recorder and go in a room that no one in and it is quite and ask it queshen like did you die her and then whet for a mint or 2 then ask it more of them and you can make it show it self bye makeing it angery and say bad thens to it it all was works for me

well it is really esey to do e.v.p i dot all the time it fun to do all you do is get a recorder and go in a room that no one in and it is quite and ask it queshen like did you die her and then whet for a mint or 2 then ask it more of them and you can make it show it self bye makeing it angery and say bad thens to it it all was works for me

yea but just because you do that dosnt mean you'll ever have an EVP....i mean it dosnt happen all the time....