Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does God talk to ordinary people ?

UM-Bot

cross.jpg
Susan Shumsky: It is a rare gift to be called to hear the voice of God. By reading this article, you demonstrate faith in the prospect that two-way communication with God is feasible. This is indeed atypical. The fact that you even consider this possibility places you in a unique category of uncommon individuals. For example, were you raised in a family, religion, or educational institution where you learned that God could speak to you directly? Few people reading these words can answer "yes." Many people believe that God exists, yet few believe that God hears their prayers or answers them. Fewer believe that God is accessible and can talk to them. Exceptional people are willing to allow God to speak to them directly, but only extraordinary individuals act on what God guides them to do. Do you want to be one of these people? If so, you are rare and unique.

We are taught from an early age that when we talk to God it is called "prayer," but when God talks to us, it is called…"schizophrenia." If you were to enter a psychiatric office today and report that God speaks to you, what would be the reaction? You would be diagnosed with mental illness and walk out with a prescription for psychotropic drugs.

We often read about murderers—even mothers who slaughter their own babies—who claim that voices in their heads told them to commit murder. We hear of cult leaders who believe that God demands that their followers commit suicide. No wonder the widespread belief is that people who claim to hear God's voice are insane.

We are conditioned to believe that the only people sanctioned to have authentic conversations with God are great prophets, saints, holy men (I emphasize the word "men"), and other holy beings that lived at least two thousand years ago in some faraway land. These holy men wrote one book—a book literally written in stone. After that book was written, apparently, God has gone mute—and has not spoken to anyone since.

Right? Wrong: I believe these holy men have not signed an exclusive contract with God. They have no special combination to a padlocked, hallowed safe with elite access. Some religious institutions would have you believe that they own the secret passkey and, without their sanction, no one can walk through the doorway to heaven.

Billions of people are resigned to the idea that they cannot experience God directly—certainly not while they are still breathing. Sadly, such people eagerly await death, when they will enter the glorious gates of paradise and finally catch a glimpse of God's presence. They never conceive that they could directly experience God in this body during this lifetime.

The widespread belief is that God's blessing and grace are inaccessible without a middleman, such as a pastor, minister, priest, cleric, rabbi, guru, master, shaman, psychic, channeler, counselor, or priestess. Most of these go-betweens have the best of intentions, but regrettably, either intentionally or unwittingly, some of them become hucksters swathed in a veneer of spirituality, hawking their products to the masses.

Such salespeople have no incentive to help people hear God's voice directly. To use an analogy from the world of sales, if their customers were to have such experiences, then these retailers would soon be out of business. For their clients would "cut out the middleman" and "go direct."

However, it is my experience, and the experience of tens of thousands of people who have used the methods taught in my books or classes, that anyone can hear the voice of God directly.

The Pearl of Great Price: At the risk of giving away the "pearl of great price"—the most precious secret of the ages—in this article, I will tell you right now how you can hear the voice of God. This gift comes with no strings attached. You will not be required to convert to a religion, join a cult, venerate a guru, empty your bank account, or sacrifice your firstborn child. I will tell you right now how to "go direct." So here goes—a simple way to listen to the "still small voice" of God, right here and now, absolutely FREE:

Just sit down in a chair, close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, get quiet, still, centered, and balanced within yourself, and then simply—ASK. That is the entire secret. ASK. Ask a question, ask for guidance, ask for inspiration or healing. Then take another deep breath and do what I call the "Do-Nothing Program." That means, do nothing, nothing, and less than nothing. Then the "still small voice" will speak to you in your heart.

So the key to hearing God's voice is to ASK. The trouble is that we forget to ask. Or we think we cannot ask.

Or we think God is too busy for us. Is God too busy for you? Could God be too busy for anyone? If you believe God is too busy to pay attention to you, then you have a very limited idea of what God is.

God could never be too busy. God is not bound by time, space, or circumstances. Therefore, God cannot get tired or overworked. God does not only pay attention to "important" people and things. Everyone and everything is important to God. God does not play favorites. God is not available to only a select few so-called "holy" people. God is everywhere present and always available to anyone who asks.

In my latest book, How to Hear the Voice of God, you can learn this do-nothing method, which I call Divine Revelation®, of hearing the voice of God and receiving divine messages effortlessly, clearly, and precisely. The entire premise of Divine Revelation is "ask, and it shall be given you."

Many people have one ten-minute spiritual experience, and then spend the rest of their life talking about it. Dozens of best-selling authors have built their entire career upon that one time when a divine being appeared or spoke to them. However, Divine Revelation is about experiencing God whenever you want—at will. After you have learned how to hear the divine voice, you will receive spiritual experiences as often as you desire. You can call upon God and ask a question, ask for guidance, or ask to experience God, and then receive the answer or experience immediately, whenever you want—day or night. Just ASK.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• Shang Di

• my_psychosis

• AaronMichael86

By reading this article, you demonstrate faith in the prospect that two-way communication with God is feasible.

No I don't. I read it to see if she was making any good points. People who assume like that just pee me off.

By reading this article, you demonstrate faith in the prospect that two-way communication with God is feasible. This is indeed atypical. The fact that you even consider this possibility places you in a unique category of uncommon individuals.

I agree with the poster above, what an extremely irritating way to start an article.

But anyways, it sounds like you are just talking to yourself.

The article was a good advertisement for a new and upcoming book. This is what I got out of the article. The author has either red books on the law of attraction, like The Secret or The Science of Getting Rich, or the countless other Law of Attraction books out there. The author, assuming is a christian, thought, hummmm, how can I profit from this. The world is slowly changing its traditional view on the divine, but not completely letting go of the concept of God. What is done here is taking the theory of The Law of Attraction, complied it into a format that present day readers can understand and adding just a touch of religion in it. To me, if you read any other book on the power of thought or Law of Attraction, authors keep repeating the same material, but insist they are going to teach you "their" new method. Please, please do yourself a favor, pickup a book that's worth reading, go out and buy A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle.

I agree with the above posters, why would the Creator have a desire to communicate with something that to him is lower than microbes are to us? :yes:

this voice of God sounds alot like the human conscience

I agree that this sounds like an ad to sell a book and I think the author of this could have done a better job of promoting hearing God's voice if they had not made it sound like "Buy my book if you want to hear God speak to you."

However, they are correct when they say you can hear God speaking to you. We are not some low life that God would ignore. God cares about us enough to send his son Jesus into the world so we could know God, hear Him and one day live with him. God does speak to us all and you don't have to be a pastor to hear him. I believe He is talking to us all, all the time, but we just are not listening. To busy to listen sometimes or when we hear Him talking to us we think its just a fleeting thought or sudden mental inspiration.

So whether you accept what this person is selling or not does not matter. What they are saying about God is still true.

I agree that this sounds like an ad to sell a book and I think the author of this could have done a better job of promoting hearing God's voice if they had not made it sound like "Buy my book if you want to hear God speak to you."

However, they are correct when they say you can hear God speaking to you. We are not some low life that God would ignore. God cares about us enough to send his son Jesus into the world so we could know God, hear Him and one day live with him. God does speak to us all and you don't have to be a pastor to hear him. I believe He is talking to us all, all the time, but we just are not listening. To busy to listen sometimes or when we hear Him talking to us we think its just a fleeting thought or sudden mental inspiration.

So whether you accept what this person is selling or not does not matter. What they are saying about God is still true.

sounds to me like there's a schizophrenic nearby... ;)

One of my favorite quotes, I do not know who said it but: “I am God! How do I know well when I prayed to God I found that I was the only one there.”

One of my favorite quotes, I do not know who said it but: “I am God! How do I know well when I prayed to God I found that I was the only one there.”

That is an excellent quote! This guy in the article is just another huckster trying to sell his book. I am one with my creator...whoever or whatever that is, and I grow weary of people propagating God in all it's forms as some kind of societal/moral "cure all". As an Agnostic, I have come to realize that there ARE no answers for why we're here. We are either not meant to know or the universe is just chaos. Either way I have adopted a policy of "Live and let live", and "Treat others as you would want to be treated." It has served me well... and if there IS a God, heaven, or whatever, I'm sure that philosophy will serve me just as well in death as it has in life. Hey... maybe I should write a book and cash in on all the desperate people who need to be led into some kind of spiritual nirvana!

I am sure that if the creator spirit has anything to say to someone it will!

Perhaps the real question is will that person recognise it and listen?

sounds to me like there's a schizophrenic nearby... ;)

Who you saying is schizophrenic?

He is saying you are.

Me? I'm no more schizophrenic than than than Dr. Jekyll.

lol No. I really am not schezophrenic. I am just saying that the writers premise is true but he could have done better if he had not been trying to make a sale. It kind of takes away from the truth when you say, "This is something God wants you to know and if you buy my book I will tell you all about it. I know he can't tell every detail about it in this article but he made the article sound more like a sales pitch than just telling people that we can hear God speaking to us. There are other avenues that should have been used instead of here.

linked-imageSusan Shumsky: It is a rare gift to be called to hear the voice of God. By reading this article, you demonstrate faith in the prospect that two-way communication with God is feasible. This is indeed atypical. The fact that you even consider this possibility places you in a unique category of uncommon individuals. For example, were you raised in a family, religion, or educational institution where you learned that God could speak to you directly? Few people reading these words can answer "yes." Many people believe that God exists, yet few believe that God hears their prayers or answers them. Fewer believe that God is accessible and can talk to them. Exceptional people are willing to allow God to speak to them directly, but only extraordinary individuals act on what God guides them to do. Do you want to be one of these people? If so, you are rare and unique.

We are taught from an early age that when we talk to God it is called "prayer," but when God talks to us, it is called…"schizophrenia." If you were to enter a psychiatric office today and report that God speaks to you, what would be the reaction? You would be diagnosed with mental illness and walk out with a prescription for psychotropic drugs.

We often read about murderers—even mothers who slaughter their own babies—who claim that voices in their heads told them to commit murder. We hear of cult leaders who believe that God demands that their followers commit suicide. No wonder the widespread belief is that people who claim to hear God's voice are insane.

We are conditioned to believe that the only people sanctioned to have authentic conversations with God are great prophets, saints, holy men (I emphasize the word "men"), and other holy beings that lived at least two thousand years ago in some faraway land. These holy men wrote one book—a book literally written in stone. After that book was written, apparently, God has gone mute—and has not spoken to anyone since.

Right? Wrong: I believe these holy men have not signed an exclusive contract with God. They have no special combination to a padlocked, hallowed safe with elite access. Some religious institutions would have you believe that they own the secret passkey and, without their sanction, no one can walk through the doorway to heaven.

Billions of people are resigned to the idea that they cannot experience God directly—certainly not while they are still breathing. Sadly, such people eagerly await death, when they will enter the glorious gates of paradise and finally catch a glimpse of God's presence. They never conceive that they could directly experience God in this body during this lifetime.

The widespread belief is that God's blessing and grace are inaccessible without a middleman, such as a pastor, minister, priest, cleric, rabbi, guru, master, shaman, psychic, channeler, counselor, or priestess. Most of these go-betweens have the best of intentions, but regrettably, either intentionally or unwittingly, some of them become hucksters swathed in a veneer of spirituality, hawking their products to the masses.

Such salespeople have no incentive to help people hear God's voice directly. To use an analogy from the world of sales, if their customers were to have such experiences, then these retailers would soon be out of business. For their clients would "cut out the middleman" and "go direct."

However, it is my experience, and the experience of tens of thousands of people who have used the methods taught in my books or classes, that anyone can hear the voice of God directly.

The Pearl of Great Price: At the risk of giving away the "pearl of great price"—the most precious secret of the ages—in this article, I will tell you right now how you can hear the voice of God. This gift comes with no strings attached. You will not be required to convert to a religion, join a cult, venerate a guru, empty your bank account, or sacrifice your firstborn child. I will tell you right now how to "go direct." So here goes—a simple way to listen to the "still small voice" of God, right here and now, absolutely FREE:

Just sit down in a chair, close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, get quiet, still, centered, and balanced within yourself, and then simply—ASK. That is the entire secret. ASK. Ask a question, ask for guidance, ask for inspiration or healing. Then take another deep breath and do what I call the "Do-Nothing Program." That means, do nothing, nothing, and less than nothing. Then the "still small voice" will speak to you in your heart.

So the key to hearing God's voice is to ASK. The trouble is that we forget to ask. Or we think we cannot ask.

Or we think God is too busy for us. Is God too busy for you? Could God be too busy for anyone? If you believe God is too busy to pay attention to you, then you have a very limited idea of what God is.

God could never be too busy. God is not bound by time, space, or circumstances. Therefore, God cannot get tired or overworked. God does not only pay attention to "important" people and things. Everyone and everything is important to God. God does not play favorites. God is not available to only a select few so-called "holy" people. God is everywhere present and always available to anyone who asks.

In my latest book, How to Hear the Voice of God, you can learn this do-nothing method, which I call Divine Revelation®, of hearing the voice of God and receiving divine messages effortlessly, clearly, and precisely. The entire premise of Divine Revelation is "ask, and it shall be given you."

Many people have one ten-minute spiritual experience, and then spend the rest of their life talking about it. Dozens of best-selling authors have built their entire career upon that one time when a divine being appeared or spoke to them. However, Divine Revelation is about experiencing God whenever you want—at will. After you have learned how to hear the divine voice, you will receive spiritual experiences as often as you desire. You can call upon God and ask a question, ask for guidance, or ask to experience God, and then receive the answer or experience immediately, whenever you want—day or night. Just ASK.

You don't need this guy's book to learn how to talk to God when God has His own book called "The Holy Bible". In it, God will tell you everything you need to know about love, life, and communication with Him.

As a Christian it saddens me that so many here mock and ridicule. It amazes me at how many are open to ghosts, aliens, monsters, etc...but find God to be a joke.

God does speak to those who believe upon Him thru the Holy Spirit. Blessings are abundant if your heart is open to receive. The last thing you want to hear from God is the phrase "I did not know you".

It amazes me at how many are open to ghosts, aliens, monsters, etc...but find God to be a joke.

Good point :rolleyes:

You don't need this guy's book to learn how to talk to God when God has His own book called "The Holy Bible". In it, God will tell you everything you need to know about love, life, and communication with Him.

As a Christian it saddens me that so many here mock and ridicule. It amazes me at how many are open to ghosts, aliens, monsters, etc...but find God to be a joke.

God does speak to those who believe upon Him thru the Holy Spirit. Blessings are abundant if your heart is open to receive. The last thing you want to hear from God is the phrase "I did not know you".

Hallelujah!

Well said!

Oakum

This is not God's voice they hear but rather the voice of His adversary presenting himself as God Almighty. Don't forget that satan is the counterfeit god and the one who is presently ruling this earth. Therefore, he will use any means possible to fulfill his dirty work by using his feeble elected puppets on earth to set the ground rules for all of humanity in hopes of replacing God's standards altogether. For as I see the world today I can speculate that he is almost succeeding in his quest.

Don't let any one try to convince you that it's going to be easy. You cannot let your guard down for one single moment, for if and when you do the dark one will seek you out and will try to snatch you away from the truth of God when you least expect it. This is why Jesus insisted that we do not cease praying and always have a personal conversation with Him daily through the Holy Spirit who is for the lack of better words the Spiritual Telephone used to speak directly to God and vice-versa. However on extreme rare occasion one might hear an audible voice coming out of nowhere. This can also be God or satan speaking. This is why we must be vigilant and aware of who is who speaking to you. I can guarantee that strong believers will know the difference between the two.

When I speak to God in my daily routine, God doesn't tell me to kill or maim anything but rather to be patient and compassionate towards everyone and everything, especially my enemies.

To do good to those who hate you or persecute you. This last statement is by far the hardest to accomplish, however He is absolutely right in doing so.

I can guarantee that if the devil would be the one speaking to me it would surely be the opposite of what I've just said not to mention with a lot of icing on top.

When I have conversations with God they're not audible but rather spiritual ones. For the lack of better words speaking to God is like having a conversation in the form of telepathy. You can hear His words in your heart and in your mind as if talking out loud. Can anyone grasp of what I am saying?

It is like the little voice behind ones mind that everyone seems to make fun of. Is it really just that a little voice or is it really God trying to tell you not to do that in a small tranquil voice?. The answers truly lie within your own faith.

Oakum

No I don't. I read it to see if she was making any good points. People who assume like that just pee me off.

Haha, I was thinking the same damn thing.

This is absolutely ridiculous. "If you want to be able to speak to God, you must BUY MY BOOK, AND I WILL TEACH YOU HOW!". Nothing more than a scandal to gain money.

Is there someone I can email, seriously, about GOD talking to me. I would not like to open air blog this, but do wish to discuss this topic as well as other spectacular supernal realities that I have experienced? If not, can someone direct me to a conversationalist on like topics? Thank you.

:tu:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :td:

linked-image

Because you have seen Me, have you believed?
Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed

Edited by ShyByNature

um...yea, the Bible, written by people who still thought the world was flat.... So if you follow everything in the Bible, do you dance with snakes and drink ether, or do you just pick and choose what you want to do in the Bible. You don't need a book to tell you how to live your life.