Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are There Dangers of Telekinesis?

I have recently read a question on psipog.net I was just browsing around when if found a question asking of any dangers of it. The guy answered it by saying:

"Yes, telekinesis really can cause serious effects on your health, up to and including ending it permanently. Many (perhaps all) psionic effects affect the glucose and potassium levels in the blood. Actually, intense concentration affects them, too. The problem is that psionic activity can cause them to change quickly. A sudden drop or rise in either chemical causes problems. If the rise or drop is severe enough, it will kill you."

I don't know if this is true or possible. So I am asking is it true? I'm not really worried I just want to see if anyone knows of this?and if they do believe its true?

You can burst blood vessels in your eyes, nose, and brain.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

You can burst blood vessels in your eyes, nose, and brain.

Could you please cite the source or experience by which you are aware of this? Just curious. Thanks!

I know for a fact that electrokinesis can kill you, but I had no idea Telekinesis could.

I know for a fact that electrokinesis can kill you, but I had no idea Telekinesis could.

Oh, do you now? Care to explain how you know this?

Edited by Moonie2012

I have recently read a question on psipog.net I was just browsing around when if found a question asking of any dangers of it. The guy answered it by saying:

"Yes, telekinesis really can cause serious effects on your health, up to and including ending it permanently. Many (perhaps all) psionic effects affect the glucose and potassium levels in the blood. Actually, intense concentration affects them, too. The problem is that psionic activity can cause them to change quickly. A sudden drop or rise in either chemical causes problems. If the rise or drop is severe enough, it will kill you."

I don't know if this is true or possible. So I am asking is it true? I'm not really worried I just want to see if anyone knows of this?and if they do believe its true?

i believe that this is false, because all these type of abilities were part of the human DNA once.

Nature doesn't make mistakes and would never kill a life form by givivng more of what that lifeform can take.

therefore I think that the person who wrote this, has taken a oposition to these kind of abilities.

i believe that this is false, because all these type of abilities were part of the human DNA once.

Nature doesn't make mistakes and would never kill a life form by givivng more of what that lifeform can take.

therefore I think that the person who wrote this, has taken a oposition to these kind of abilities.

Can you say cancer, down syndrome, any genetic disease? Nature makes mistakes all the time.

• Like 2

Yes, it is dangerous. To believe in. :lol:

Anyone care to show me ONE case of some form of "kinesis" hurting someone? Even better, one case of PROVEN kinesis?

IF it was real, of course there would be potential danger.

• Like 1

Subconjunctival hemorrhage (Eyes)

Cerebral aneurysm (Brain)

Epistaxis (Nose) err also, don't blow too hard or pick it.

Hope that helps.

All true, but caused by "kinesis" of some sort?

As in Lord of Pains quote above...

I am highly suspicious.

Trying to keep an open mind... I don't fully agree with statements that have no basis, such as stating that all of our "abilities" were "once" wired into our DNA. Not sure where that could come from beyond incomplete theory and "logical rationalization." What I mean by that is that it seems like it could be a possibility, but has nothing really to back the claim or any information as to where such an idea came from, not saying I do not agree in some form, just that such comments should have some form of information to go along with it :P You know... For us information hungry types.

As for the dangers of PK... If you attempt it for too long there has been many instances when individuals' blood pressure dropped, blood sugar levels seem to decline, headaches, etc... Basically the same negative effects as one might encounter while attempting to focus on studying a complex subject for extended periods of time, or solve problems that just don't fully seem to link up. You're basically trying to exert some form of force without using your physical ligaments, but despite this, most have a tendency to tense their muscles anyhow. Breathing rates may alter, heart beat may rise, etc... So it would seem clear that there are some physical risks involved with "over practicing" and It would be important to listen to your body and know when to stop, or not try to hard and remain more passive.

If you Google the question or studies and research I'm sure you will find more of what you are looking for.

Take Care,

~Float

I think you can basically say "Anything can be dangerous if not handled properly".

Regarding the statement about changing of chemicals such as glucose and potassium levels and so on I have never seen or heard of any evidence suggesting such, which included my own experience with these matters and I've done some tests which included the mentioned substances due to other reasons, and all if fine according to my doc - I will take a new test now in July, the last one was couple months back, so I'll see if there are any changes since then - and I've practiced the mentioned topic and lots of other psychic/spiritual abilities lately.

Personally my health is steadily getting better the more I practice the things I do, both physically and mentally, and it has helped me to be able to both quit and reduce some medications I earlier had to use and some I still use but now in far lesser amounts and hopefully soon I'll be completely free from having to take any medications.

I would like to note that when it comes to things such as telekinesis, obviously your mind is highly involved here, so give it a thought that if you are able to use your mind to move physical objects, then perhaps you may also be able to use your mind to influence your body, even if it is unintentionally such as if you go around believing that what you are doing is dangerous for your health then it may very well manifest such for you. And so goes for the opposite, if you go and believe that what you are doing is good for your health, it may very well manifest that for you instead.

That's my 2 cents on this at least.

-EA

I'll say this from experience....trying too hard to do psychokinesis (eg. moving a pen) could harm you. About a year or two ago, I tried moving a pen, staring at it and concentrating hard on it for a good while. It exhausted me and my eyes were like exhausted too...didn't feel better again until two days later.

You are supposed to be as relaxed as possible when doing such things, not tighten up and get all tense and tweaked.

The best is getting into an altered state of mind first through breathing exercises and meditation to calm your mind and relax your body.

Then in a relaxed manner just focus on your intention and "let it happen".

So, in other ways you are not to try hard at all, try it easy

=)

-EA

You are supposed to be as relaxed as possible when doing such things, not tighten up and get all tense and tweaked.

The best is getting into an altered state of mind first through breathing exercises and meditation to calm your mind and relax your body.

Then in a relaxed manner just focus on your intention and "let it happen".

So, in other ways you are not to try hard at all, try it easy

=)

-EA

:tu:

ok nice to see some answers. It was on PsiPog.net I was browsing around and found that question

"Many (perhaps all) psionic effects affect the glucose and potassium levels in the blood. Actually, intense concentration affects them, too. The problem is that psionic activity can cause them to change quickly. A sudden drop or rise in either chemical causes problems. If the rise or drop is severe enough, it will kill you."

This is a testable claim. Something tells me that people won't be too keen on being tested or providing evidence for this effect.

• 8 years later...

One of the main problems that I've had is lots of headaches. So my doctor gave me some pain killers, but, sometimes they do not work

Do roulette wheels resist telekinesis ? Must do !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Abraham Van Varenberg said:

One of the main problems that I've had is lots of headaches. So my doctor gave me some pain killers, but, sometimes they do not work

You are aware that this thread is over 8 years old..?  And I presume you mean you do telekinesis - so please show us your work.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I have been practicing this stuff for about I think 2 - 3 months and I can surely say that Telekinesis is Real and just like as the coin has two sides in the same way this power has some other side faces also !

just about last two three days I started experiencing pain behind the eyes and pressure always in the 3rd eye .

Suddenly sometimes I get  chill rigors even if there is not TOO much cold and dizziness also.

More weird thing is that it all used to last for about 20 -25 min and then I was perfectly fit and fine .

What I used to do is that I used to do practice of telek without doing any pre- meditation  and  maybe that was the reason behind all these problems !

Now what I do is that I first meditate till I feel completely myself and feel that my will power is becoming strong during meditation. 

One more thing after meditation my 3rd eye starts feeling pressure and I  feel warmth in my palms then only I start telek practice . Also I don't do it for too long the intervals are about 1-2 min only .Then I again meditate .Redo 

Now I don't have the problems mentioned above But I  DON'T KNOW WHY I still feel very hungry after doing telek Practice !        

...so would you care to explain what you have done to test these powers?  And are you open to questions in regards to those tests, or must we just take your word?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Utkarsh Dubey said:

I have been practicing this stuff for about I think 2 - 3 months and I can surely say that Telekinesis is Real and just like as the coin has two sides in the same way this power has some other side faces also !

just about last two three days I started experiencing pain behind the eyes and pressure always in the 3rd eye .

Suddenly sometimes I get  chill rigors even if there is not TOO much cold and dizziness also.

More weird thing is that it all used to last for about 20 -25 min and then I was perfectly fit and fine .

What I used to do is that I used to do practice of telek without doing any pre- meditation  and  maybe that was the reason behind all these problems !

Now what I do is that I first meditate till I feel completely myself and feel that my will power is becoming strong during meditation. 

One more thing after meditation my 3rd eye starts feeling pressure and I  feel warmth in my palms then only I start telek practice . Also I don't do it for too long the intervals are about 1-2 min only .Then I again meditate .Redo 

Now I don't have the problems mentioned above But I  DON'T KNOW WHY I still feel very hungry after doing telek Practice !        

I just wanted to make a comment on telekinesis. I had two bored guys that worked for me on the night shift. They were experimenting trying to do  telekinesis as a challenge to each other.  One guy I knew couldn't meditate or concentrate on anything. The other one could. The one that could concentrate by just got migraines and pressure behind eyes but no success but he got kind of ill when they finally gave up. After a several months they came running to me about one office being haunted by ghosts! There was a poltergiest activity with stuff flying of the walls and moving objects where they were experimenting.

I thought it was really  because of what they were trying not ghosts and the one guy accomplished it later subconsciously. What amused me the most is they were so afraid when something really did happen. I told them look just tell it to go away, it just wants to be known. I told it to stop, we know you are here and the stuff stopped and didn't happen anymore. The really serious guy starting questioning my privately since he kind of knew thatI knew about such things and was very surprised. 

He was doing visualization and causing bad effects on his head physically. More or less he was building real stress by visualizations and not being able to release an effect he desired. I believe subconsciously he finally did after he gave up, he had a gift or curse depending on how you view it.

I knew about such things because my mother had poltergeist activity around her all her life and went kind of crazy in occult explanations of the movements of objects and the religious views and that she was a natural  born a witch! Thank God, I had level headed grandparents, I could live with at times.  I was the one that tried to figure her out psychologically and what kind  of unknown fields or forces she was  tapping into for another more reasonable explanation. She's became ill hungry tired and got nose bleeds after the activities and believing in all kinds of hauntings and welcoming it to have powers!

Believe me it's not a good thing to experiment things  with that way. Most people mess with this stuff because they want power and control for all the wrong reasons and hurt themselves and others, one way or another. 

Visualization and concentration leading to headaches etc whether or not you have an latent weird  ability, is because it's like just trying to visualizing your  arm to move but it doesn't that way, your brain must connect and control it by nerves and muscles. It's more of controlling a reflex action of part of you, not a will of vision and concentration. Your meditation can  bring  you to feeling an object as part of you just  as your arm is somehow, and sometimes it works and is a scary thing both to yourself and others and it's not always controllable because it's using you subconscious which is not a good thing if you're no well balanced mentally. 

• Like 1