Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Youtube to reveal its viewers

Radian

I hear ya ... everything our forefathers fought and died for .. all the freedom we've enjoyed to be tossed aside led by a moron who calls it ' just a damn piece of paper' .

it's all very 'unAmerican' and not 'patriotic' .

I would definately agree that it's un-american in the sense that the public gets absolutely no say so in this. There has to be some way that this can be protested.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ravyns_void

• Radian

• crtDzyn

• faraway

*ahem*

linked-image

and for part 2...

"In soviet Russia, Youtube watches you!"

Just needed to get those things off my chest...

how would they know who you are, seeing as how you don't have to register any details to view the videos?

Your IP address is logged

Your IP address is logged

How do they know e-mail address an name tho? more often than not you have more than one person using one IP address.

How do they know e-mail address an name tho? more often than not you have more than one person using one IP address.

Well if you register a youtube account that info would be known and traceable. It wouldn't be linked by the IP, but that IP will still trace it to a specific computer/household. If it's a public computer then it's not going to be traced to a person, but it can be traced all the same.

Most people aren't going onto youtube from random public computers in order to avoid being traced by this so it's still an invasion of privacy imo. It also opens the doors for more invasive policies to gain traction.

Edited by crtbud

I wonder what would happen if Google and Youtub decided to move it head quarters out of the states. I know a copy right is a copy right but at least the individual user wouldn't be held resposible for viewing what ever google allowed to be viewed.

Take the servers to Russia we have not jurisdiction for the content thats hosted by there servers if i do remember right. Also there ways to hide your ip with all the government trickery to try to monitor us theres always going to be them smart ppl that say hell no this wont go and find away to outsmart them.

Edited by insanemind

IP addresses change, dont they?

I believe if you reset something with your modem or router... not real good with networking. Either way the ip address can be used to locate where the information is traveling to/from as far as I know. With the know-how you could get around this or block it.