Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chronokinesis

Nessieman23

Think Amber from Darker than Black. If you dont watch Darker than Black, Hiro Nakamura. If you dont watch Heroes: Time Control.

Is it possible beyond the magical realms of Contractors and Superheroes? This is the one type of kinesis I do not believe in personally. It's just not possible. Freezing, Fast Forwarding, Rewinding time. It just seems too fantastical, I know, I know, skeptics, So does everything else, right? Wrong. You can move objects physically, you can light fires physically, providing you have the tools. You can move water physically. Everything you can do with kinesis is possible in some way, right? But Chronal Manipulation (the official term), isn't possible either way, with or without equipment. We dont have time machines, do we? We cant somehow harness the power of time, can we? The answer is No, to all of those questions. The one thing we cannot do is Time Travel. I wish we could (who doesn't?), but we just can't!

TL:DR

What are your thoughts on Chronokinesis? Possible?

Oh yeah, and I know there are other characters with Chronokinesis other than Amber and Hiro, but those were the only examples I could come up with.

Edited by Nessieman23

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nessieman23

• darkbreed

• Elite

• luvnkind

Think Amber from Darker than Black. If you dont watch Darker than Black, Hiro Nakamura. If you dont watch Heroes: Time Control.

Is it possible beyond the magical realms of Contractors and Superheroes? This is the one type of kinesis I do not believe in personally. It's just not possible. Freezing, Fast Forwarding, Rewinding time. It just seems too fantastical, I know, I know, skeptics, So does everything else, right? Wrong. You can move objects physically, you can light fires physically, providing you have the tools. You can move water physically. Everything you can do with kinesis is possible in some way, right? But Chronal Manipulation (the official term), isn't possible either way, with or without equipment. We dont have time machines, do we? We cant somehow harness the power of time, can we? The answer is No, to all of those questions. The one thing we cannot do is Time Travel. I wish we could (who doesn't?), but we just can't!

Oh yeah, and I know there are other characters with Chronokinesis other than Amber and Hiro, but those were the only examples I could come up with.

I never really thought about it before.

Let me put it this way. If someone controlled time, how would anyone ever know? Our perception of time wouldn't change. There's also a question of - how would one manipulate time itself? Time is an intangible. It's abstract. I can see moving through time in different directions, but not changing the properties of time itself, simply because of what it is. I guess what I'm trying to explain is that if you truly were to freeze time, it would cease to BE time. You could in theory freeze everything within the context of time - just not time itself.

Hmm well I've heard of people changing the way they themselves percieve time. But I suppose it's just in their heads you know, like they think of something so it happens for them, the power of thinking.

Let me put it this way. If someone controlled time, how would anyone ever know? Our perception of time wouldn't change. There's also a question of - how would one manipulate time itself? Time is an intangible. It's abstract. I can see moving through time in different directions, but not changing the properties of time itself, simply because of what it is. I guess what I'm trying to explain is that if you truly were to freeze time, it would cease to BE time. You could in theory freeze everything within the context of time - just not time itself.

I'm trying to look at it from an average persons view, let's say, I can control time, ok? I would tell everyone I know, and I'd prove it, drive across the country and get a california liscense plate, and show it to whoever, or something.

Time is a pretty relative thing. Sometimes a minute can feel like an hour, other times an hour feel like a minute, if you know what I mean.

If it is possible to actually manipulate time itself, outside of yourself, that's a tough question. I'm not really sure what you are meaning, but it sounds like you are talking about slowing down or speeding up time by your mind, or putting it on "pause" etc. ?

In that case, I've never personally experienced any ability to do so, and if anyone else can do so I don't know how I would notice. But saying that time travel is impossible I have to disagree to though as I've had a couple time travel experiences myself, both physically and astrally. I'm a bit tired now so I'm not going to go into details about those experiences now, besides I've written about them before around here somewhere.

Also I'm pretty sure time travel has been scientifically proven to be possible, as I recall an experiment where they were measuring the time on ground and in high speed jet, synchronized with eachother, and the time was going a bit slower for the fast moving jet and people on board it. I can't find the article about that specifically, but I found something similar:

Our astronauts actually take a short trip into the future every time they go into outer space. As they travel at 18,000 miles per hour above the Earth, their clocks beat a tiny bit slower than clocks on Earth. The world record for travelling into the future is held by the Russian cosmonaut Sergei Avdeyev, who orbited for 748 days and was hence hurled .02 seconds into the future.

Time travel to the future is possible and has been experimentally verified millions of times. If an astronaut were to travel near the speed of light, it might take him, say, one minute to reach the nearest stars. Four years would have elapsed on Earth, but for him only one minute would have passed, because time would have slowed down inside the rocket ship.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtm....xml&page=2

i can't get really into this.. but i can offer what has happened to me only... i was in an accident a few years ago and what actually only took a split second... to me seemed like an eternity!!! I was traveling

at a speed of 65 mph and came over a hill straight into the back of a truck. from the second i seen the truck to the point of impact was a total of five feet which took less then a second to travel that far.. my skid marks

were less then one foot... now within this time the following things happened...

i seen the truck.. then time stood absolutly still.. .it stood so still that i seen the person driving the car coming in the other direction.. i seen the look on their face.. the phone to their ear... then when i looked in my rear view mirror.. which i also had time to look in i seen a red car with two people in it coming up the hill i had just topped.. i seen three little kids playing in the yard to the right of me.. then i looked up and the truck... with the slowest motion you can even imagine began coming toward me... it moved so slow i almost felt like i had time to get out.. but i just sat there... when i finally hit the truck it was almost like watching a really old movie.. when you first start it it goes really slow then all of a sudden it speeds up until it reaches the right speed... by the time this happened i was so in shock from the "time thing" i just sat there in an awe state of mind..

after the accident.. my body was moving at a faster rate then normal... i could actually see the particals of air.. i know this sounds crazy.. but it's my story and i'm sticking to it. :)

Interesting, I've been in 2 hard car accidents myself and can relate to what you are telling.

Specially my second accident, probably because I had been in one already just 2 months earlier I was pretty tensed and focused when in a car, and this time before the big hit it was like everything slowed down and I had the time to bend down and grab one of the door handles and hold on tightly as the car smashed into a mountain and rolled over and flew around before ending up on the tip of a cliff on the opposite side of the road. The first accident rendered me unable to move and I was sent to hospital, but the second time I could walk away from the accident without a scratch except for slight pain in the back, even though this accident was much more severe than the first one and the car was completely wrecked and on fire and back part fell down and parts of it were all over the place, hood off and so on. Could not even open the glove compartment after.

Everything must have happened really fast, but it is like my mind went up into high accelerated mode so I had the time to think and figure out what to do to secure myself as good as possible. My friend who was driving ended up in the hospital though and he was really gone and delirious after the crash and got a bad injury in his neck. This is many years ago now but I still don't feel comfortable in cars anymore and prefer to walk or take my bike when going somewhere.

-EA

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, there are some aliens who people say control time.

Interesting, I've been in 2 hard car accidents myself and can relate to what you are telling.

Specially my second accident, probably because I had been in one already just 2 months earlier I was pretty tensed and focused when in a car, and this time before the big hit it was like everything slowed down and I had the time to bend down and grab one of the door handles and hold on tightly as the car smashed into a mountain and rolled over and flew around before ending up on the tip of a cliff on the opposite side of the road. The first accident rendered me unable to move and I was sent to hospital, but the second time I could walk away from the accident without a scratch except for slight pain in the back, even though this accident was much more severe than the first one and the car was completely wrecked and on fire and back part fell down and parts of it were all over the place, hood off and so on. Could not even open the glove compartment after.

Everything must have happened really fast, but it is like my mind went up into high accelerated mode so I had the time to think and figure out what to do to secure myself as good as possible. My friend who was driving ended up in the hospital though and he was really gone and delirious after the crash and got a bad injury in his neck. This is many years ago now but I still don't feel comfortable in cars anymore and prefer to walk or take my bike when going somewhere.

-EA

so you know what i'm talking about... thought i was the only one... lol... not an alien but i know time darn near stopped... it seemed as if it took ten minutes to hit that truck.. i've hurd that if you find yourself in a very critical moment that you will begin to move faster then time itself.. i know this sounds weird. but it's almost like your body vibrates faster than this demention.. and it actually makes time seem slower.. when in actuality you are moving faster.. time itself stays the same you just move so fast it seems slower.. what do you think about this???

Well I believe it is possible for a majorly lower form of chronokinesis to be done. Like more like speeding up or slowing down something by manipulating your time perception. But I mean like the saying "time flies when your having fun" or like when your playing a sport and your about to make a big play and it seems everything slows down a bit. That is the furthest I think you can use that kinesis.

the problem if your a creature that has the ability to travel through time without use of a machine [presumably a human creature]

then once you had finsihed traveling either foward or backwarsds in time then you would be naked cus its pretty obvious that your clothes wouldnt come with you only the organic matter thats connected

Of course it is possible.

The way I see it theres no such thing as time just objects moving through space interacting with each other. In order to control time we would just have to control every single molecule or atom in space or in a certain area in space and make them move in reverse. What Im trying to say is if you really think about it theres really no such thing as time just objects moving through space giving the illusion that as time passes by things change but in reality things will still change even when you cant perceive time, time = things moving,interacting and changing, things moving,interacting and changing= time, if things dont move there is no time or a way to perceive time, my theory is kinda hard to explain. My main point is theres no such thing as time. And with the time going slower when your in a car accident I agree with Darkbreed your mind just works harder, processing things faster making it seem like time is going slower.

Edited by I Seek Wisdom

makeing time stop and go will be a coll power you can get away with any thing

The way I see it theres no such thing as time just objects moving through space interacting with each other. In order to control time we would just have to control every single molecule or atom in space or in a certain area in space and make them move in reverse. What Im trying to say is if you really think about it theres really no such thing as time just objects moving through space giving the illusion that as time passes by things change but in reality things will still change even when you cant perceive time, time = things moving,interacting and changing, things moving,interacting and changing= time, if things dont move there is no time or a way to perceive time, my theory is kinda hard to explain. My main point is theres no such thing as time. And with the time going slower when your in a car accident I agree with Darkbreed your mind just works harder, processing things faster making it seem like time is going slower.

Perfect Words.

Time itself I believed ironically is not fixed, even though in some aspects of math it is. It can have different variables for each scenario correct? My saying is unleash time and unwind the mind. With some reflection you might see that to hold true in some aspects I believe.

Why can't we control time? After all our society has managed to control millions of people based on time when to go to work, when to open/close that shop, what time to brush your teeth, what time to eat or not to eat...tell me haven't we been already doing that to ourselves in some very twisted manners

Why can't we control it, not all of it...but why not some of it, after all don't we create our own realities? I can control my body temp, circulation, pulse and what not...you can control the cells within your body, we are chemical beings after all and atoms are molecular items like us no? Than why can we not slow or speed up time, as we can with machinery, flight or fight response from the adrenals...isn't all just the way we choose to live our lives in? It's a choice

Edited by puridalan

I think that according to Einstein, time is a dimension. The 4th dimension to be exact. We can move through three dimension can we not? (Height, Width, Depth) So why can we not move through time? We have no clue how to do so.

The Perception of time is a different thing entirely. Completely different from affecting time. You can make yourself perceive time any way you want, provided you have the concentration for it. Just as you can make it seem like that 6ft tall man in front of a 60ft tree is the same height to you, you can make time seem to go faster or slower.

Hope I helped...

I think that according to Einstein, time is a dimension. The 4th dimension to be exact. We can move through three dimension can we not? (Height, Width, Depth) So why can we not move through time? We have no clue how to do so.

The Perception of time is a different thing entirely. Completely different from affecting time. You can make yourself perceive time any way you want, provided you have the concentration for it. Just as you can make it seem like that 6ft tall man in front of a 60ft tree is the same height to you, you can make time seem to go faster or slower.

Hope I helped...

actually we do have a basic idea of how to travel through time although its impossible to do these with todays technology

A] travel into and through a worm hole[or black hole i cant remember]

B]travel faster with the speed of light [which is apparent completely impossible]

I've heard of a guy who has designs for a time machine. It apparently works on creating a worm hole with nothing but light spun so fast it creates extreme gravity in a small space distorting space. He also said that with it we would be able to travel to the instant he turned it on, but no farther back. Something about a time loop...Eh..