Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Day Dreaming

Synopsis

Ok bad title I know.

But I've developed quite a skill over the years.

I've somehow gotten proficient at bringing myself to a dream like state while remaining conscious.

Its come from years of sleeping in class through highschool and college while trying to stay alert enough to know if the teacher is calling on me or asking a question I know.

Now I can easily slip off into this in-between zone between wake and sleep.

It ended up becoming a form of entertainment from me when I become bored.

When in this state my mind becomes incredibly creative and I can pretty much see what ever I want to or think up anything.

Its hard to describe, its like a blurry version of a lucid dream. Your in control to a point, your fairly conscious, but things slip away easily and your easily distracted. The longer in this state the less control I seem to have on things and random thoughts or uncontrollable dream like scenario's go off during it.

Once in a civ class I designed this incredibly beautiful landscape with a river dividing it, and multible bridges going over the river then imagined my self flying under the bridges along the water.

I enjoy it and do it quite frequently.

Anyone else experiance something like this?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darkbreed

• Synopsis

• irken_dreamer

• LightningMunk

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol nice way you "developed" this ability :)

Anyway, yes I'm very visual myself, almost as soon as I close my eyes the visions come and I can fairly easy see what I want in my mind as well as things coming on its own completely randomly. Sometimes I dive into these random visions and follow them to wherever they lead, it can be pretty exciting sometimes, and also very realistic. At the most realistic, I had a vision that was as real as seeing with eyes open and it was like I was actually there seeing the scenario though I was completely aware of it being a vision in my mind.

It's a useful skill that you can use for many good things so keep it up

-EA

its always something i wanted to research, how daydreaming happens. like you cant "force" it u know, it just happens you just lose total conscious of your surroundings and are just in this dream like state, pretty amazing

Ok bad title I know.

But I've developed quite a skill over the years.

I've somehow gotten proficient at bringing myself to a dream like state while remaining conscious.

Its come from years of sleeping in class through highschool and college while trying to stay alert enough to know if the teacher is calling on me or asking a question I know.

Now I can easily slip off into this in-between zone between wake and sleep.

It ended up becoming a form of entertainment from me when I become bored.

When in this state my mind becomes incredibly creative and I can pretty much see what ever I want to or think up anything.

Its hard to describe, its like a blurry version of a lucid dream. Your in control to a point, your fairly conscious, but things slip away easily and your easily distracted. The longer in this state the less control I seem to have on things and random thoughts or uncontrollable dream like scenario's go off during it.

Once in a civ class I designed this incredibly beautiful landscape with a river dividing it, and multible bridges going over the river then imagined my self flying under the bridges along the water.

I enjoy it and do it quite frequently.

Anyone else experiance something like this?

Wow I wish I could that. I know how that feeling between awake and asleep is, but how would someone learn how to create images and stuff like that?

Practicing some visualization techniques can help you improve your ability to see things in your mind. For example, go lie down in your bed, try imagine yourself at the front of the entrance door of your house, try to vividly see and feel yourself there, your surroundings, the color of your door and so on. Imagine yourself opening your door and going inside and try see as many details as possible, furniture, colors of walls, items you have placed around and so on. Imagine yourself walking all the way in to the room where you are currently laying in bed and imagining this and see your room in your mind as well.

Then you can open your eyes, look around in the room for a while and just notice all the details, and walk the whole path back physically which you just imagined in your mind, and observe and notice all details on your way all the way out to the front of your entrance door. Then look around outside, notice all details of your neighbourhood and house and what else you can see from right in front of your door and its surroundings. Then go back through the door and once again observe and notice as much details as you can all the way back to your bed and lie down again after having observed your room and all your things and colors etc there.

Now once again try to vividly imagine yourself in front of the entrance door after you've done the walk and observation physically.

Doing things like this can help you increase your ability to visualize things and the more you practice it the better you'll get. Your mental images should become clearer and more vivid. Do it with different situations and locations frequently such as on a daily basis and you might be pretty good at it. This is something you can do almost anywhere, when taking the bus notice and observe all the people in the bus and how the bus looks etc and close your eyes for a few minutes and try see it all in your mind, at work/school when you have a chance such as in a break sit down and observe your environments and then close your eyes for a moment and vividly try to imagine it in your mind as you just saw it. Etc.

-EA

Wow I wish I could that. I know how that feeling between awake and asleep is, but how would someone learn how to create images and stuff like that?

It helps to be in a 3 1/2 hour long summer class.

Or mostly helps to just be bored and have little to no distractions.

I sometimes wonder if astral projection is just a highly advanced version of this.

Mine can get incredibly realistic sometimes.

While i can active create things its incredibly draining to do so, its easier to just let your mind go and see where it takes you good or bad.