Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Dragons

Dragon Seeker

And my point is that if he didn't engage in the practices he does (no citation, presenting wild ideas as facts, twisting sources to fit his conclusions), people wouldn't react to him in the way they do. I hardly ever see regular users treated like DC. The root cause of this is DC's behavior. The snide remarks from other users only go to show how thoroughly he has discredited himself with his activities.

(What the mod said.)

Edited by Otterclaw

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• draconic chronicler

• Pax Unum

• Dragon Seeker

Mmm, I agree. We might actually get somewhere if these debates could go orderly without personal attacks spewing everywhere, and arguments against each other. I don't mind real arguments like the skeptic vs. believer, because that is the whole point of a "debate" but the dragon threads on here can't seem to ever be an actually proper debate without attacking each other.

thats doubtful. and im not talking about the personal attacks, im talking about the lack of Any Evidence towards the Bold claims DC constantly seems to make. how much of this thread have read? not enough it seems.

people probably go on the attack because they get tired of the believer acting like a like a little kid or something. "theyre real cause i said so. you cant prove theyre not! blah blah"

I also say the same about DC. I don't agree with everything he says, but some things are interesting at the least, and he has never purpously decieved us. He had given us information that might have "lead" us to believe something, but we still shouldn't always be trying to shoot him down.

Clearly, you have not read much in this thread. go back, and youll probably edit this post once youve seen what hes said.

thats doubtful. and im not talking about the personal attacks, im talking about the lack of Any Evidence towards the Bold claims DC constantly seems to make. how much of this thread have read? not enough it seems.

people probably go on the attack because they get tired of the believer acting like a like a little kid or something. "theyre real cause i said so. you cant prove theyre not! blah blah"

Clearly, you have not read much in this thread. go back, and youll probably edit this post once youve seen what hes said.

Acutally, you havn't really been reading my post. Haven't I already said that I realize that we have absolutely zero evidence?

I actually have read a good amount of these pages, and while some of the things DC has said seems completely absurd, all of these are his personal opinion and beliefs. If you would like to point out some time in the past pages that DC has said something like that, please tell me where and when.

And even though they have a reason to go on the attack, it doesn't make it right.

And when I said "get somewhere" I meant dragons not DC.

All I ever tried to say was that people need to calm down. We are having a discussion about dragons. Why is that so hard?

Edited by Otterclaw

Acutally, you havn't really been reading my post. Haven't I already said that I realize that we have absolutely zero evidence?

umm, yeah, i have, thats why i didnt bother to comment on that. i know we have no evidence. wasnt talking about that.

I actually have read a good amount of these pages, and while some of the things DC has said seems completely absurd, all of these are his personal opinion and beliefs. If you would like to point out some time in the past pages that DC has said something like that, please tell me where and when.

go back and looks. hes claimed a great deal of things, and basically assumed we'd believe him, and take his word. but then we go look up some stuff, and realized hes wrong. saru and pax have done it alot. and then DC will change his argument and come up with some Other reason for his previous comment. you woulda seen that if youve been reading. thats why we cant take anything he says now seriously.

And even though they have a reason to go on the attack, it doesn't make it right.

And when I said "get somewhere" I meant dragons not DC.

All I ever tried to say was that people need to calm down. We are having a discussion about dragons. Why is that so hard?

i never said they should go on the attack. just stated why some probably do.

and the discussion isnt hard, just putting up with their Opinions as Fact.

umm, yeah, i have, thats why i didnt bother to comment on that. i know we have no evidence. wasnt talking about that.

go back and looks. hes claimed a great deal of things, and basically assumed we'd believe him, and take his word. but then we go look up some stuff, and realized hes wrong. saru and pax have done it alot. and then DC will change his argument and come up with some Other reason for his previous comment. you woulda seen that if youve been reading. thats why we cant take anything he says now seriously.

i never said they should go on the attack. just stated why some probably do.

and the discussion isnt hard, just putting up with their Opinions as Fact.

Mmmm, he has claimed a great deal of things, but I can only think of when he's "twisted information to do his bidding". I can't recall him doing something like outright saying "The world is flat. Get over it."

Well, this topic isn't about DC in the first place. But you make good points, so I give you credit for that.

Its funny, when you think about it, DC hijacked this thread too. Even though it's about dragon myths and lore, it's become purely about him.

Its funny, when you think about it, DC hijacked this thread too. Even though it's about dragon myths and lore, it's become purely about him.

Yes. Is he trying to promote the idea of dragons, or himself?

Yes. Is he trying to promote the idea of dragons, or himself?

probably both. because of his book thats coming out...this year is it? i dunno. i keep hearing its coming out, but thats it.

probably both. because of his book thats coming out...this year is it? i dunno. i keep hearing its coming out, but thats it.

B-I-N-G-O. there is an old saying, "there is no such thing as bad publicity". why would anybody come here day after day, talking trash that they know is gonna get everybody (well almost everybody) all riled up? why would anyone deliberately invite such redicule? it's to generate interest in his book. . .it has to be. there can't be any other sane reason.

I don't think there's a lot of point keeping this thread open at the moment, this has turned in to a discussion about one member as oppose to on dragons. Once the 'fair debate' rules have been implemented we should be able to get some good debates going on this topic, in the meantime I think it would be best if this thread be closed as this or any other dragon thread won't be able to get going properly until then.

We'll be working on the changes over the weekend, more details will be posted once these have gone live.

Closed.