Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flying Ball of Light in my Room

marty13

I had something similar happen to me as i was lying in bed a bright yellowish ball like object floated across my window, in the same sort of manner in which you described, the difference is that what i aw was arond the size of a football and had a strange looking aura around it which i cant explain.never told anyone, no one would beleive it, but its a cool little thing i remember sometimes. it scared me at the time but thinking back to it its just kinda cool. heres a (horrificly bad) drawing of what i remember

what i saw.png

5749995fdd3c2_whatisaw.thumb.png.856e1b8

• 2 months later...

I've just had a similar experience this morning like 3AM I was sleeping and I suddenly woke up WIH my eyes wide open and there was this white ball thingy in front of me and it was in front of my dresses which is a deep rustic turquoise color so I knew it wasn't my furniture bc some of my furniture/accessories are white. But anyway yeah I saw this white ball of light and my windows are closed with blinds and curtains shut so I know it can't be from outside. It wasn't scary it was just there so I turned the lights on and I couldn't see it anymore. And also a few days before this I saw a red flash of light in my room like a red dot and then it left idk what it was or what the white light ball thingy is but they were in my room. It wasn't scary though but now I just can't sleep because I keep thinking about it and that's how I found this forum lol  

On Tuesday, July 08, 2008 at 11:34 PM, someoldguy said:

I didn't realize that there were no fireflies in England. I've learned something new today then. :)

Also your description doesn't sound like a firefly anyway.

Ball lightning is so rare, from what I understand, that you could practically rule it out period.

So I'm out of explanations in your case, marty13.

Just a note to say we do4 have fireflies in the uk, quite scarce but we fo have them

2 hours ago, Barron said:

Just a note to say we do4 have fireflies in the uk, quite scarce but we fo have them

Sorry to be such a pedantic ol' b*****, but the sad fact is that we don't get fireflies in this country, we have glow worms. Fireflies are a different species from glow worms, though they are both members of the same overall family. The closest to Britain that fireflies are seen is Belgium.

Fireflies glow while they are flying, but glow worms just sit where they are and glow, though female fireflies may not actually fly but just sit there and wait for the males to find them, just as the glow worms do. Sometimes people talk of fireflies and actually mean glow worms, which remain static.

About 10 years ago, my wife and I saw two glowing balls about the size of small melons pass silently through our living room quite slowly.

This happened on two occasions a few days apart but never since.

Recording this experience first drew me to this forum.

I'm guessing it was ball lightning of some sort.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone will see this now as this thread was so long ago, but just wanted to add an experience I had which was back in around 2009/2010. I was going through a pretty tough time emotionally with a relationship breaking down, a mortgage to worry about and children to break my heart over, and was crying out emotionally for an answer. One night, probably around 11pm ish, I was laying on one of the couches in the living room in complete darkness, thinking, asking in my head, worrying probably...the living room at that time was quite large and high ceiling with a staircase to my left, where my  head was. There was a large window at the top of these stairs and I became aware of a light which I first thought was a torch light being shone through the window. It took me a few seconds for my mind to go from 'a burglar is breaking in and looking through windows with  torch' to 'hold on, that window is high up at the side of thehouse', when the light began to move slowly towards me. It also began to get bigger and change colour, so what started off as a small muted white light, over the period if I had to say it of around 10 seconds, became orange and looked like a fireball (but not deep orange) and got to the size of a small melon, right in front of me on the sofa. I watched it hover there (actually at this point I was convinced this was how spontanious combustion must happen and I was about to set fire through this ball - so little time had passed but it's amazing how many thoughts you can have in so little time) when I watched it sink towards the rug and just...dissapear. I mean it just went out. I can't even remember it getting smaller although a part of my mind says it did.

I just want to add that very soon after this, things happened quickly to move and start a new life. I'm not going to say it was easy but after this happened, it felt like a defining point and things started to change quickly and easier than I first catastrophised.

I just wonder if anyone has anything similar to this, or indeed an answer. I've thought about this a lot over the years but for some reason it's on my mind a lot now, but I've never been successful in finding anyone else with a similar experience  or explanation.

Thanks for reading, and appreciate any (positve) feedback.

• 1 year later...

What I saw was a non-blinding bright light when it was pitch black and it was floating above me in this like majestic way almost like slow dancing. It dimmed part of the time but was still visible this happened about 3am. It was literally about 8 feet away and the size of a tennis ball.

I was sitting in my backyard just enjoying the evening and out of nowhere a blue ball flew over my yard and was two feet from my face. It lingered there for a few second like it didn't expect to be seen, then it flew over my head into the sky faster than anything I have ever seen. It was a bright blue fireball. I am the most skeptical person when it comes to encounters but I cannot even begin to explain this.

Edited by Normguy25
Typo

• 1 year later...
On 7/7/2008 at 1:20 PM, marty13 said:

Okay, now im new to this forum - although i have come on here quite alot for fun looking at loads of the stories...I origionally found this site when searching the internet for a similar experiance i experianced. Someone else had recorded what happened to them on here and from then on i read more of the stories.

Its a shame because i cant find the topic anymore but ill tell you my story first.

It was about 8.00 on evening when i was sitting on my laptop downstairs in the computer room. I was sitting on the floor with the laptop on a small table. All was fine when suddenly, in the top left corner of the room, i saw in the corner of my eye a ball of light fly at a reasonable speed across the corner that meets the ceiling. I instinctively glanced at this thing which had cuaght my attention but immediatley it had disappered,it was about the size of a 5p piece if i was to guess, and it flew similarly to a shooting star - in that it was there, and then it wasnt - and i saw it much like you would see a shooting star..

Now the other topic i first found was a very similar account made by someone who saw a ball of light fly infront of him across his computer screen. There was a number of replies, from people who belived they expeiranced something similar and it literally ALWAYS pccured when they were on a computer - maybe even when watching tv. There was alot of repsponse from sceptics who put thios down to an optical illusion due to staring at the computer screen for so long - and the fact there were no other eye witness i think this was generally taken to explain what happened.

My story is different however - because i was sitting with my girlfriend - who saw EXACTLY the same thing as me. We were both on the computer listening to music - and at EXACTLY the same time quickly turned our heads into the same direction before looking at each other and agreeing that it was DEFINELTY a ball of light - like a shooting star.

Now surely this must exclude the optical illusion theory - at least in this case? It cant of explined why we both saw it? I think its also worth mentioning that my family was renting this house and the husband of the previous rentors had died of a heartattack and fell down the stairs a year before. He died in hospital..Now i believe a little in ghosts and stuff but dont believe many accounts. i am very interested in it though and fail to see ANY explanation to this.

You may say it was an Orb - and if there ever was an example of one im sure this was it - not like stupic ghosts chasing tv series which shows particles of dust flying around and everyone saying ITS AND ORB ITS AN ORB. i genuinely believe this was a paranormal case.

Any theories or thoughts from you guys? This was a genuine experiance and think its also worth pointing out the previous experiance of others and linking it to using computers? is this a possible way of communicating with the paranormal? This happened about 3-4 years ago when i was 17 and depsite going on numerous ghost hunting adventures where weve heard footsteps in the early hours at an old pagan worship ground of an old church (located at cold christmas) - this is the only stone-cold evidence i have ever seen that may make me into a believer..what dyu guys think?

I have a picture of this orb, I was able to capture the light on camera, if your interested in this discussion. Email is*snip* I will send you the info.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
removed personal info
  • Like 1

Once upon a time...a co worker and I ,after work at night on the shore of Lake Huron,  both noticed what we thought was a shooting star (meteorite)  ....but, then the object seemed to slow, and started curving around,and down,until it suddenly past by us nearly overhead ! It looked like a ball of light with slightly brighter light Swirling around on the perimeter !   It moved as if it wasn't necessarily quite in -sync with our TIME !  Pretty awesome huh?!      It was hard to gage the distance and size of the thing exactly...but it was way cool whatever it was !

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lightly said:

Once upon a time...a co worker and I ,after work at night on the shore of Lake Huron,  both noticed what we thought was a shooting star (meteorite)  ....but, then the object seemed to slow, and started curving around,and down,until it suddenly past by us nearly overhead ! It looked like a ball of light with slightly brighter light Swirling around on the perimeter !   Pretty awesome huh?!      It was hard to gage the distance and size of the thing exactly...but it was way cool whatever it was !

Email me at *snip*

ill send you the evidence

removed personal info

On 5/28/2016 at 9:13 AM, TheFlyiingBear said:

I had something similar happen to me as i was lying in bed a bright yellowish ball like object floated across my window, in the same sort of manner in which you described, the difference is that what i aw was arond the size of a football and had a strange looking aura around it which i cant explain.never told anyone, no one would beleive it, but its a cool little thing i remember sometimes. it scared me at the time but thinking back to it its just kinda cool. heres a (horrificly bad) drawing of what i remember

What’s cool is, you can layer the colors like a multi colored jaw breaker. I’ve seen the orb whith a white ball yellow ring green ring blue and red.

removed large unnecessary image

42 minutes ago, Kylekaaaa said:

I have a picture of this orb, I was able to capture the light on camera, if your interested in this discussion. Email is ------------I will send you the info.

You are 11 years too late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kylekaaaa said:

I have a picture of this orb, I was able to capture the light on camera, if your interested in this discussion. *snip* I will send you the info.

Or you could discuss it here...

removed personal info

52 minutes ago, toast said:

You are 11 years too late.

Hmmm, should we give this dog googly eyes today, hehehehe this is going to be so much fun XP.

7 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Or you could discuss it here...

How fast were you going bud, I gave myself a halo XP.