Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flying Ball of Light in my Room

marty13

Lightning balls, or ball lightning.

They can happen at random, they appear as balls of light and appear to be able to navigate through hallways and rooms, they're especially common here in Australia, not least out on the nulabour, where ball lighning follows cars at night.

No one knows excatly how they appear or what they are other than balls of compressed electricity. Just don't touch them, because there are reports of them killing people.

Edited by Feltorn

My bf told me one day that his mother and him were watching TV one day when a softball sized ball of light entered the room,flew by, then exited through the wall or window ,I forget which.I have never had any experiences with balls of light personally.

This is not a definite proof to the paranormal because this can be a possible case of group hallucination

Thanks

B???

A woman is out in a field running a news story and then suddenly a huge ball of light comes out of the ground. Normally I would dismiss this, but recently two people who are very close to me experienced a light pass through their car while driving. When I researched this I found it was happening to a large number of people. Look for yourself; let me know what you think.

The video is on www.thinkonyourown.com under “unknown” called “Mysterious Light”.

The research link can be found below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/northeast/guides/weird/ufos/pages/tiny_ufo.shtml

• Like 1

Could be your guardian angel prehaps?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Okay, now im new to this forum - although i have come on here quite alot for fun looking at loads of the stories...I origionally found this site when searching the internet for a similar experiance i experianced. Someone else had recorded what happened to them on here and from then on i read more of the stories.

Its a shame because i cant find the topic anymore but ill tell you my story first.

It was about 8.00 on evening when i was sitting on my laptop downstairs in the computer room. I was sitting on the floor with the laptop on a small table. All was fine when suddenly, in the top left corner of the room, i saw in the corner of my eye a ball of light fly at a reasonable speed across the corner that meets the ceiling. I instinctively glanced at this thing which had cuaght my attention but immediatley it had disappered,it was about the size of a 5p piece if i was to guess, and it flew similarly to a shooting star - in that it was there, and then it wasnt - and i saw it much like you would see a shooting star..

Now the other topic i first found was a very similar account made by someone who saw a ball of light fly infront of him across his computer screen. There was a number of replies, from people who belived they expeiranced something similar and it literally ALWAYS pccured when they were on a computer - maybe even when watching tv. There was alot of repsponse from sceptics who put thios down to an optical illusion due to staring at the computer screen for so long - and the fact there were no other eye witness i think this was generally taken to explain what happened.

My story is different however - because i was sitting with my girlfriend - who saw EXACTLY the same thing as me. We were both on the computer listening to music - and at EXACTLY the same time quickly turned our heads into the same direction before looking at each other and agreeing that it was DEFINELTY a ball of light - like a shooting star.

Now surely this must exclude the optical illusion theory - at least in this case? It cant of explined why we both saw it? I think its also worth mentioning that my family was renting this house and the husband of the previous rentors had died of a heartattack and fell down the stairs a year before. He died in hospital..Now i believe a little in ghosts and stuff but dont believe many accounts. i am very interested in it though and fail to see ANY explanation to this.

You may say it was an Orb - and if there ever was an example of one im sure this was it - not like stupic ghosts chasing tv series which shows particles of dust flying around and everyone saying ITS AND ORB ITS AN ORB. i genuinely believe this was a paranormal case.

Any theories or thoughts from you guys? This was a genuine experiance and think its also worth pointing out the previous experiance of others and linking it to using computers? is this a possible way of communicating with the paranormal? This happened about 3-4 years ago when i was 17 and depsite going on numerous ghost hunting adventures where weve heard footsteps in the early hours at an old pagan worship ground of an old church (located at cold christmas) - this is the only stone-cold evidence i have ever seen that may make me into a believer..what dyu guys think?

last night my wife and I were upstairs in bed the lights were off and there is a heavy shade with a blanket over the window so absolutely no light gets thru even during the day as I often work nights. The t,v was off with no other electrical devices even plugged in .. A small light appeared on 1 wall, it was about 5 feet off the ground and roughly the size of a golf ball. It was a white light with a tinge of green it apeared and moved about 6 feet over the ourse of a second or 2 tops. We both saw it she is quite freaked out i however am just very curious any ideas matt

Hi Matt, welcome to UM

If you put orb or balls of light into the UM search engine, you'll find loads of thread about the subject. Truth is, we just don't know what it is. Could be some form of electric discharge, an unstudied form of plasma. Many people also think it is some form of spirit energy.

Don't be too disappointed if you won't get many replies. I've noticed that lots of times true sightings - and I have no doubt that you saw what you saw- tend to fall through the grid for some reason. Maybe because they're often not that "spectacular" and just happen.

But thanks for posting anyway. It adds to the "database". :tu:

Any theories or thoughts from you guys? This was a genuine experiance and think its also worth pointing out the previous experiance of others and linking it to using computers? is this a possible way of communicating with the paranormal? This happened about 3-4 years ago when i was 17 and depsite going on numerous ghost hunting adventures where weve heard footsteps in the early hours at an old pagan worship ground of an old church (located at cold christmas) - this is the only stone-cold evidence i have ever seen that may make me into a believer..what dyu guys think?

According to an episode of a TV show I watched recently which was either Paranormal State or The Haunted a Catholic priest stated that those orbs can indicate the presence of either angels or demons.

This priest gets called in for many haunting situations but his name escapes me right now. Not that he is always right either but he does have a lot of experience with paranormal investigations.

Orbs appear on these shows quite often in relation to negative hauntings.

Demons are nothing to fool around with. They are big trouble.

As far as communicating with the spirit world the paranormal investigators are now using a device called I think a 'ghost box' which allows spirits to form words.

There seems to be quite a few paranormal investigators out there nowadays. They often work with people who have psychic abilities.

I personally don't recommend trying to communicate with the spirit world without the supervision and assistance of some sort of clergy or religious figure.

I don't like any of that crap and I don't want to experience it. I don't want to see any orbs of light, shadow figures, etc.. I have enough problems in my life already.

Do you guys realize that marty13 hasn't been here in almost two years? :D

Yes. I was replying to Matt76, who posted a similar experience on 28 March 2010. ;)

whoa damn.. i experienced something like this aswell..

i was getting ready to fall asleep and i was getting settledinto my bed when some ball of light came into my room from the window.. i guess since it was light it went through glass? i dont know.. but it was the size of a soccer ball.. it moved around in my room and then burst into a big flash and was gone..

• 4 years later...

hello i am 13 and i forgot my first sighting but my last one i do remember. i was on my phone mining my biusness and all of the sudden i see a black ball of light form out of no were and it hade a red aura. the bell rang bye

Welcome to the club, gluttonfree! A couple of questions for you. How big was the "black ball of light" with "a red aura"? How long did the ball stick around?

• Like 1

Also I know that red can mean lust and the aura was on the physical layer BTW I only can get on at school,in my club and sat

Long story

So, it basically flashed in, and then flashed away? Or did it fade in and out? And don't worry about where or when you can get on, as long as you can get on.

Oh and BTW the guy who was seeing those energenic lines between those fingers was him starting to see auras naturally. I on the other hand needed practice. And sat can only see the first layer.

And wats even more weird is that I cannt see auras automatically. But the Deamond I could. Another weird thing that's weird is that it was VERY VIVID.

My encounter with ball lightning happened about 5 years ago. I was with a friend and we both grabbed each others arm at the exact same time .We froze and watched what we could not understand. Both of us had never heard of ball lightning. We both had wild ideas of what it was and after a month of wondering and not talking much about it I typed into the computer strange ball of light and wow there it all was and now I can tell the story and do from time to time. This beach ball size glowing ball came through the downstairs wall and floated up the stairs at a fast pace. When it got to the top of the stairs it blew through a bedroom door and was gone . It took 10 minutes to finally have the nerve to open the door and it was not in the room . The ball was red, blue and some white and it did make a sisal like noise as it moved . The best way to explain the feeling when you see something like this is that you know that what you see is real but you immediately accept the fact that unexplainable things do happen and that it is happening to you at that very moment . This is the only thing unexplainable I have ever seen and I knew in an instant that I would never ever forget it .The ball did not taunt us but I have read about ones that have taunted people and that makes me wonder wow.

Edited by Still Waters
Removed personal info.

• 5 months later...

Woke up suddenly, saw a light in the corner of my room. It was moving. The light could only be described as "incandescent" looking, yellowish around the edge, white in the middle, like a light bulb, or I think more correctly, a spot light style light, for it moved and wavered. It cast light on the wall, like a very low powered light bulb would. It moved up and away from my position in bed and up towards the wall (slanted wall 1 1/2 story house) and disappeared through it. I got to see it for 3-4 seconds. I have never seen anything like this ever before in my life.

Anyone seen or experienced anything like this. I was NOT sleeping during this, I was wide awake. Any idea what it was?

• 1 year later...

Less than a week ago I woke up at around 4am, I walked out of my room to get a glass of water. As I walked through the door frame I came face to face with a strange small gold ball of light, about the sized of a softball, that was making different kinds of buzzing noises to itself for a second before it noticed me. I felt like I had snuck up on it or something, it had no eyes or any features but I could tell I noticed it because all of a sudden it starting rotating in circles about 5-6 feet off the ground. I thought that I was seeing stars or something at first so I just walked towards it. The golden ball of light then sounded like a firework exploding, after it made this popping noise, the ball burst forward down the hall way away from me leaving a golden strip of light behind it for about seven feet. Then, after leaving the 7-foot trail of light behind it, the ball of light disappeared for a second, but then the blinds covering the window a few feet in front of where the light disappeared shook like something was going through it. The heavy wooden blinds were stuck to the window for a brief second as if some force had pressed them there.

I have never been the type of person to believe in ghosts, but I definitely saw this small floating ball of golden light and I heard it make noises like a: hum, buzz, sparking and popping sounds. I also saw the ball move in small circles. I no absolutely saw a golden strip of light shoot across my hallway, and my windows physically moved as if a very strong gust of wind had hit it, but leaving only a small shape against the blinds. However, I at no point felt like this light was threatening, angry, or dangerous. I would say it seemed friendly, whatever it was, but there is no way to tell. At the same time, this was the weirdest, most unexplainable phenomenon I've ever witnessed. I saw it and I heard it, the experience lasted about five seconds all together. This golden ball of light seemed to be human in some ways, it is hard to explain, but I could tell that I startled it or caught it off guard. It seemed to be conscious and aware of its surroundings to some extent because it moved in a straight line, and precise circles about 5-6 feet off the ground, and its noise patterns and pitch of the humming/buzzing changed right before it shot off down my hallway and out the window through the blinds and a closed window. I will never be convinced of ghosts but this was a crazy experience, I have no idea where this ball of light came from or what it was, but it was definitely real.