Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Collected "Facts" about shadow people.

Amarali2012

Yes, I wonder if the age/strength determines how physical/how much mass or how independent of the "real" shadows they can be. I wonder if the younger ones actually need to be in the shadows or "cast against something".

here is a post that might interest you on types of shadow try looking through the site its very informative

http://ghoststudy.com/new5/shadows.htm

this is from their gallery

http://ghoststudy.com/galleria/jun08/taffz10025.htm

Edited by Aanica

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amarali2012

• Aanica

• veledran

• JustNormal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have seen dark figures in the corners of my vision. or i'll swear someone is walking and ill look to see closer and they are gone. always dark mostly quick to hide. one time at walmart me and my sister were walking thru the busy front section where all the registers are. and a robed dark figure with dim red eyes was moving the opposite way. no one but my sister and i seemed to notice it. after it passed us it looked back at us then disappeared into the crowd. i forgot all about it untill i was reading this thread

Edited by Spiritharvester

I wonder what it is about wal-mart :/.. I've heard other folks say the same thing..

It could be :lol:

but it has come up on occasion though, seriously.. spooks and wal mart.. go figure.

I wonder what it is about wal-mart :/.. I've heard other folks say the same thing..
I think its the nature of the people it draws, I believe that you can have things follow you an with the amount of traffic flow there its bound to bring shadows and other types of influence, I think anyway

No offense to any walmart shoppers meant.

LOL! Who don't shop at walmart?

hehah. I hate but I do..

Yea, thats true though, considering it brings so many people in, and in one area. I suppose that would be a good possibility as to why..

LOL! Who don't shop at walmart?

hehah. I hate but I do..

Yea, thats true though, considering it brings so many people in, and in one area. I suppose that would be a good possibility as to why..

YES I am a guilty party too... :D

YES I am a guilty party too... :D

Well what else is there to do at three AM after a long hard night of investigating? Go to Wal-mart and have sleep deprived laughing fits at nothing and at the sheer stupidity of your own group! (who knew mock sword fight with a plunger Vs a toilet bowl scrub brush could be so much fun!?!)

Well what else is there to do at three AM after a long hard night of investigating? Go to Wal-mart and have sleep deprived laughing fits at nothing and at the sheer stupidity of your own group! (who knew mock sword fight with a plunger Vs a toilet bowl scrub brush could be so much fun!?!)
:lol::cry::lol:

The "hatman" I guess he'd be, appeared to me the first time in March '07. He showed himself to me and my boyfriend about 6 times in one night. To say the least I'd never been so terrified. I moved out of my duplex b/c of it. I've seen him about 8 times in the past year, but only when I'm 1/2 awake-1/2 asleep, and he never moves out of the doorway, and as soon as I scream he is gone. Is this him too, or just a dream? Every time I see him I have mixed emotions... I'm always terrified, but sometimes a feeling of extreme anxiety, sadness, and/or anger will take over me. It doesn't bother me as much anymore b/c I don't live alone.

i've a friend who was telling me about a shadow man with a hat. he felt he was being attacked and that the hatman was over lesser things controlling them. this friend told me he even shot at the figure thinking he was being robbed. i thought it was kinda funny and that he was joking. i think he may have been telling the truth after reading this thread

The "hatman" I guess he'd be, appeared to me the first time in March '07. He showed himself to me and my boyfriend about 6 times in one night. To say the least I'd never been so terrified. I moved out of my duplex b/c of it. I've seen him about 8 times in the past year, but only when I'm 1/2 awake-1/2 asleep, and he never moves out of the doorway, and as soon as I scream he is gone. Is this him too, or just a dream? Every time I see him I have mixed emotions... I'm always terrified, but sometimes a feeling of extreme anxiety, sadness, and/or anger will take over me. It doesn't bother me as much anymore b/c I don't live alone.

YES this sounds exactly like "The Man in the Hat" shadow person. All the reasons you described are the EXACT reasons why I think he is NOT a "true" shadow person. We ALWAYS see him when we are sleeping, when we are MOST vulnerable! Shadow people do not hurt people. I truly believe that these particular creatures (hat men) are actually an evil/demonic spirit because I feel that they feed on negative energy, IE, the dark emotions we give off under stress. Although the hat guy is one of most common shadows, I have never seen him. I have seen all the others though, and even few very rare types.

i've a friend who was telling me about a shadow man with a hat. he felt he was being attacked and that the hatman was over lesser things controlling them. this friend told me he even shot at the figure thinking he was being robbed. i thought it was kinda funny and that he was joking. i think he may have been telling the truth after reading this thread

Can you describe this "attack"? I am searching for personal accounts to back up my theories about the Hat Men being an evil/demonic entity, and not a "true" shadow person. If my theory is correct, then your friend probably felt like he was being drained, weak, and this shadow was probably trying to royally freak him out to generate more of energy they "eat", fear.

i have seen dark figures in the corners of my vision. or i'll swear someone is walking and ill look to see closer and they are gone. always dark mostly quick to hide. one time at walmart me and my sister were walking thru the busy front section where all the registers are. and a robed dark figure with dim red eyes was moving the opposite way. no one but my sister and i seemed to notice it. after it passed us it looked back at us then disappeared into the crowd. i forgot all about it untill i was reading this thread

Oh, WOW. It is VERY rare to see ANY shadow entity "in the open" like this! A well lit corporation store like Wal-Mart, near the registers, is an extremely high traffic area for we mortals. He may not have been free standing but this is certainly an open spot for him! You say it was hooded with red eyes? I also believe these types to be like the hat men. Also a friend of mine, a very experienced investigator, tells me he believes they are psychic vampires! They DO feed on bad emotions! To back up Aanica's views, this creature was most likely following one particular person! I HAVE encountered on of these, and I felt THREATENED, I was SCARED. It also appeared to be invisible in a way, at first. If you were able to see it, you may have other unique abilities. And hopefully, the creature did not actually look directly at you, as that might be a bad omen. BTW, almost all shadow creatures try to completely avoid being seen, at least until they know you can see them. After that they play peak-a-boo for a while, and eventually, they just go about their business as if you are not there.

here is a post that might interest you on types of shadow try looking through the site its very informative

:D:tu: Thank you.

thanks so much for the info!! is there anything i can do that will make him not wanna come back?? when i see him it scares me so bad it takes days sometime wks to get over the jitters of it.

thanks so much for the info!! is there anything i can do that will make him not wanna come back?? when i see him it scares me so bad it takes days sometime wks to get over the jitters of it.

Positive Energy. I have never dealt with one of these myself but Positive Energy is always good! Aanica, who is a member and one of the poster on this thread has left links to wells of knowledge. Reading her posts has been very informative to me. Also read the link I left in the OP. As to positive energy, your world is controlled by your will. BELIEVE in yourself. Tell yourself he cannot hurt you, tell him he cannot hurt you in the name of your god/goddess. Do not make yourself a target: remember these creatures like for you to be vulnerable and fearful. Be sure to have light in the room, as near to where he usually stands, and as near to you a possible. I find that candles work best for "things that go bump in the night", because they are a source of "natural" light. BUMP BACK! He seems to be a bogeyman of sorts. If my theories are correct, they love to feed on the energy of bad dreams. This why they show themselves to us. To create fear, and thus cause more bad dreams. My solution for this is VERY simple: Have happy, calming, soothing music softly playing in the background as you fall asleep. It will distract your mind to allow peaceful sleep. But if you have it too high it may keep you up, but likewise make sure it is not so low that you cannot hear it.

let me see if i can remember some of the stuff he told me without muddling up what he said so i apologize if it seems incomplete. first there was an increase in shadow men. then there were a few hooded figures. he described it like this. the shadow people came first. like they were checking out the area. then the hooded ones came. "They made me feel defensive and kind of freaked me out." "They only came around after twilight." "I meditated and did my best to ignore them." "I must have p***ed them off cause when i was sleeping i woke up cause it felt like something was in my room." "I looked at the end of my bed and saw someone wearing a large brimmed hat. I didn't hesitate to shoot." the figure disappeared he went to see if there was a dead body on his floor. there was nothing. (he was living in a very bad part of town) the "boss" started paying him a visit every night trying to break him down. he told me meditating and staying calm eventually made it go away. something that stuck to me the most was that he was going through 2 peoples deaths who were close to him so he wasn't where he was "supposed to be spiritually" sorry i can't go into more detail for you.

let me see if i can remember some of the stuff he told me without muddling up what he said so i apologize if it seems incomplete. first there was an increase in shadow men. then there were a few hooded figures. he described it like this. the shadow people came first. like they were checking out the area. then the hooded ones came. "They made me feel defensive and kind of freaked me out." "They only came around after twilight." "I meditated and did my best to ignore them." "I must have p***ed them off cause when i was sleeping i woke up cause it felt like something was in my room." "I looked at the end of my bed and saw someone wearing a large brimmed hat. I didn't hesitate to shoot." the figure disappeared he went to see if there was a dead body on his floor. there was nothing. (he was living in a very bad part of town) the "boss" started paying him a visit every night trying to break him down. he told me meditating and staying calm eventually made it go away. something that stuck to me the most was that he was going through 2 peoples deaths who were close to him so he wasn't where he was "supposed to be spiritually" sorry i can't go into more detail for you.

They do seem to watch people who have paranormal/supernatural gifts. The hooded guys and the hat men like to drain energy that is caused by dark emotions. The "hoodies" & "hats" likely congregate in the same as shadow men because of the likeliness of high paranormal activity. They can hide better there. You CAN ignore regular shadow men, but as for hoods and hats, positive energy and believing in yourself is the only way to be rid of them.

They do seem to watch people who have paranormal/supernatural gifts. The hooded guys and the hat men like to drain energy that is caused by dark emotions. The "hoodies" & "hats" likely congregate in the same as shadow men because of the likeliness of high paranormal activity. They can hide better there. You CAN ignore regular shadow men, but as for hoods and hats, positive energy and believing in yourself is the only way to be rid of them.

How true i have seen this for myself...

They do seem to watch people who have paranormal/supernatural gifts.

If you enter the paranormal field, even casually on your own, "things" may become aware of you and follow you.

That's what I wouldn't want... :unsure2:

If you enter the paranormal field, even casually on your own, "things" may become aware of you and follow you.
Yes they do especially if you area sensitive person....