Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Collected "Facts" about shadow people.

Amarali2012

I see them straight on. I even can follow their movements around the place at the time.

I remembered another time I saw a shadowman, this one was the type that is as if they are wearing nothing but a full body stocking. Solid black but no clothes.

So, there are two experiences I have had up close and personal with two different types. Both were straight on. Not deniable. The flutterbyes as i call them I sort of discount, seen as they are in peripheral vision, unless they persist. Then I cleanse the house and pray for help to do it also. If imaginary, it is interesting that after such cleansing, it stops.

I have seen bodysock man and I guess you'd call it a sprinter? Wearing a hat? In the latter case I got the sense it was somewhere and I startled it into running down the hall and away. I just watched it and didn't know what to think, it was such a surprise.

NS

edit to add: have you guys read the new post on the main page about the plasma theories of Alfred? I got very excited about what they might mean and plan to read up more on what he is doing. It rings a bell and I think he is onto something, but I am not certain yet what, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Nile_Shaman

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amarali2012

• Aanica

• veledran

• JustNormal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remembered another time I saw a shadowman, this one was the type that is as if they are wearing nothing but a full body stocking. Solid black but no clothes.

I'm not sure what I'd make of this if this is what I saw.. How did this make you feel?

When I see those soring bats or whatever, I get the instant overwhelming feeling of doom.. all negative emotions wrapped up in one..

I'm not sure what I'd make of this if this is what I saw.. How did this make you feel?

When I see those soring bats or whatever, I get the instant overwhelming feeling of doom.. all negative emotions wrapped up in one..

This happened about oh, almost 30 years ago. I'd moved into a new apartment and was awakened by this thing laying on top of me, facing me, with like a fraction of an inch between us. I was paralyzed with sheer disbelieving horror for a moment and with difficulty managed to get the word "Jesus" out of my mouth and suddenly was blinded by a flash of light and it was gone as if it never was there. I have read where another forum member had the same experience, too, and was hoping she would expound and we could compare notes. To my knowledge it has not happened since then to me.

I have long since read about sleep paralysis, and it is persuasive, however, I will never not believe that was a real "something", totally real. I also ponder the whole sleep paralysis thing, given it is so very widespread and why do we seem to see almost always the same things? It makes you wonder when you can see them when you are wide awake also. That could be all it was and SP totally the answer to all cases, but I just have reservations about it and came away from my run-in certain to this day it was real.

NS

I have long since read about sleep paralysis, and it is persuasive, however, I will never not believe that was a real "something", totally real. I also ponder the whole sleep paralysis thing, given it is so very widespread and why do we seem to see almost always the same things? It makes you wonder when you can see them when you are wide awake also. That could be all it was and SP totally the answer to all cases, but I just have reservations about it and came away from my run-in certain to this day it was real.

NS

I've wondered the same exact thing many times.

Also, just for more of my own research, and NOT to discredit you, can you offer proof that the shadow itself actually gave you the answer? That would be very exciting and even more interesting!

Nope, not sure what gave the answer, what the answer means, if it's real or made up. All it is is a response by something we do not currently understand.

Rolling Hills is know for shadow people. There's an antire wing on the second floor called the shadow people hallway. Last year when we went there, we set flashlights on the floor to see if we could see any movement & sure enough you could see something moving past them. It was freaky.

just thought i would share my very first and only encounter with a shadow person. my group and I were in a graveyard in this beautifully historical town called Skippak PA, all three of us, saw a shadow person, literally running (SUPER FAST) through the graveyard, we were totally convinced that someone was messing with us, so one of the members went running after it, hoping to catch some kid, but there was nobody in sight. i only really saw from head to torso, so i cant say for sure it was "running" but it was moving very fast, almost too fast for a human to run, and it certainly made me re-think my opinions of graveyards.

well according to most people the most common form of shadow people look like a man with a hat or a hooded figure so i took the liberty of posting a picture to ask you wether ot not this is what you saw

post-71487-1216153637_thumb.jpg

well according to most people the most common form of shadow people look like a man with a hat or a hooded figure so i took the liberty of posting a picture to ask you wether ot not this is what you saw

That is the more common description but not the only ones.

The one time (so far) I clearly saw a shadow (relatively speaking) it didn't have on a hat. I saw a torso, shoulders and head outline only.

Thank you for this post. If you have read the entire thread, and all the comments, then you will know about my theories on these two in particular. They are surrounded with stories of fear, nightmares, and alleged energy drain. For these reasons, I believe these two NOT to be "true" shadow people. I believe that they are an evil/demonic spirit or entity. Shadow people DO NOT hurt mortals. Thank you again, and I would welcome any other information from the source of this picture.

I've seen a Shadow Person with red eyes in a dream, more like a nightmare because all around me in that dream were mounds of skeletons and ashes and devastation. Plus, this Shadow Person kept chasing me. It was really spooky. I can still remember the dream vividly, but I have no idea what it means. Interestingly, it also wore a hat. Unlike the link pictures, this Shadow Person was very lean and wearing a black suit. The strange thing is I have this feeling that I will see it again or dream about it again. The thought certainly has haunted me to this day. This nightmare was probably 16 years ago.

I've seen a Shadow Person with red eyes in a dream, more like a nightmare because all around me in that dream were mounds of skeletons and ashes and devastation. Plus, this Shadow Person kept chasing me. It was really spooky. I can still remember the dream vividly, but I have no idea what it means. Interestingly, it also wore a hat. Unlike the link pictures, this Shadow Person was very lean and wearing a black suit. The strange thing is I have this feeling that I will see it again or dream about it again. The thought certainly has haunted me to this day. This nightmare was probably 16 years ago.

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying! Red eyes, hat or hood, equals NO GOOD! ALL of the accounts posted on Hat men, Hoodies, or red eyes have been about fear. How did you know it had on a suit? Was there an actual suit on a shadow? I have had a dream about a shadow man wearing actual clothing. It turned out to be a warning for my brother. He is deployed currently, and my dream may have saved his life. If this is the case with you, you may need to decipher the message. If you can tell us more, maybe we can help.

My first impression of the suit was that of an undertaker's. Again, this dream was 16 years ago. But I'm still freaked out by it. Mounds of skeletons, ashes, fires from the devastation were all around. I remember running away from that Shadow Person, but the strange thing is that I also knew in the back of my mind that running away from it is useless because it could easily catch up with me if it wanted to. And as I said, too, that it will come back again or I will see it again one day..., but I hope in a dream, not in reality. Edited by dlv

I just remembered. It's not alone, but it's not with other Shadow People. It was with flesh and blood people. It was talking to them. I only knew that I should be afraid of these humans. It's part of the reason why I was running for my life.

I just remembered. It's not alone, but it's not with other Shadow People. It was with flesh and blood people. It was talking to them. I only knew that I should be afraid of these humans. It's part of the reason why I was running for my life.

I do not know you, so of course I do not have knowledge of your life so far. I may be way off base but the first thought that comes to mind is "You cannot kill what you did not create". From the outside, this sounds like something from your past is haunting you. Or rather, you have a fear of something in your past that maybe you repressed because you simply could not deal with it. A forgotten fear, or a forgotten emotional wound can have a serious affect on you in the present. Take it from someone who knows. Flashbacks and panic attacks caused by something as simple as the smell of an item present during the trauma. The "shadow" may represent a forgotten adversary, or maybe you were never able to actually ID the real threat. The carnage, gore, death, and running for your life can symbolize this threat destroying you and/or your life. The other people present can symbolize paranoia and fear of outsiders and strangers, or a warning of false friends. "Trust no one". You were the only one left. In short, you must face your fear before it consumes you, and this is something you must do on your own. But you do not have to deal with it alone. Prayer if your are spiritual, and support from close friends and family. I hope your are able to make some sense of your nightmares and find some peace soon. Good luck.

Well, if it's one of the Shadow People trying to communicate something to me, then I would imagine it would've done so by now. Perhaps it just one of those "it was only a dream" thing. Regardless, I was freaked out by the dream, enough to remember it to this day, 16 years later. Interestingly, I only dreamed about this Shadow Person once. And my life now? So far, I've been blessed in my life on many levels, but yes, I have experienced tragic events in my life, including war, abandonment and hunger. But, those were so long ago, way way before the Shadow Person dream. Thank you for your sincere thoughts on this, Amarali2012.

Any chance we can get these various pieces of information listed on the original post for easy access. Might make it easier to find the different items without having to go through each post, then we all could start brainstorming ideas.

Any chance we can get these various pieces of information listed on the original post for easy access. Might make it easier to find the different items without having to go through each post, then we all could start brainstorming ideas.

SURE. It will take me a day or two though. I was a bit of a house wife when I joined, but now have a full time job. Was there any particular information you were adressing? Or just all the theories collected thus far by the other posters? Just let me know, all get right on it.

SURE. It will take me a day or two though. I was a bit of a house wife when I joined, but now have a full time job. Was there any particular information you were adressing? Or just all the theories collected thus far by the other posters? Just let me know, all get right on it.

'Facts' and theories, then perhaps we could start discussing how we might go about trying to prove/disprove theories and come up with experiments to try and gather more info on this phenomenon.

My mother was seeing a black figure looking at her at nights ...It was look like an old lady ! I saw one too one night i was heading back home ! I didnt really stayed to watch so i m not sure if what i saw was something like that...

'Facts' and theories, then perhaps we could start discussing how we might go about trying to prove/disprove theories and come up with experiments to try and gather more info on this phenomenon.

Great thanks! I am on it right now! I should be mostly done around three thirty EST.

UPDATE: Revised Wednesday July 16, 2008

First off DISCLAIMER!: Just like all of you, I have no PROOF of fact. This is a collection of seemingly factual points gathered by countless personal accounts, including many of my own.

Yes we have all seen them, that is why you are reading this post. There seems to be more posts about this topic than any other. We all seem to agree that these entities are becoming more and more common and increasing in number. I would first like to state that there are not only different types/ranks of shadow people, but there are also other entities that are very similar in appearance, hang out in the same places, and act the same. But these others are VERY different from "shadow people", and can potentially harm you.

The different types reported have been seen in groups or just one or a few, lingering just out of your line of site or fleeing when you see them, usually seen at night or in the dark, and almost always hiding in other shadows. But they do come out and show themselves to some people. They do sometimes "free stand" as I call it. A free stander will come out in the open, light or dark, day or night, shadow or not. You will know because it will have a "full form", or a seemingly solid body. And it will also be standing where there is absolutely no possibility of another source casting a shadow. Sighting like there are VERY rare. I have posted mine in two other threads.

The appearance is just as varying. The most common reported is "the man with the hat". Others seen to have hoods, robes, and long coats. Almost everyone describes them as "men", but they can also seem feminine. They are usually very long or tall, with almost no features or any real shape. Some of them seem be "blobs", while others are shaped just as the name states, like people. There have also been reports of smaller, impish, or animal like types. There have even been reports of red glowing eyes.(I have seen one of them, probably the only time I felt "threatened")

The varying levels transparency are also a good way tell what you are seeing. Shadow people are NOT see through. They can be opaque like a lamp shade or frosted glass. If the entity in question is transparent or seems to invisible, it is not a shadow person. Think of a shadow cast by let us say a tree. You cannot see through the shadow, and since your are seeing the shadow it is not invisible. Shadow people are after all, shadows.

Why are they here? No one really knows. But all they ever do is watch. Observe. They will not hurt you, and normally they will not interact with you either. If one tries to harm you, talk to you, or otherwise disrupt your life, it is not a shadow person.

OK this next part is about the personal beliefs of me, and the people in my group. I am NOT saying this is fact, so please do not take offense or get preachy. This info may actually help someone!

The darker they are the older they are. And naturally the darker ones are more powerful. The free standers are usually very dark, darker than the shadows around them. They do not need real shadows as much or often as lesser shadows. "Sprinters", just like a free stander only it is running away, in most accounts are wearing hats. This may not be a shadow person(I have never seen one of these) but if it is, the hat may play a part in the ability to "detach" from the shadows.

The reason they hang around certain people is because those people are useful to them. They are not attracted by negative energy or bad vibes. Those types of shadow people are what I referred to earlier as "other entities that can potentially harm you". Especially the ones with red eyes, and most of types with clothing. I have NEVER see a shadow person with ANY clothing on, including hats.

Shadow people will usually hang around people who have strong ties to guess what? Yup the paranormal. And haunted places? No brain-er, where do lovers of the paranormal spend most of their time? The reason they love us is because usually someone in the crew will have some type paranormal power, ESP, kinetic or psychic ability. People like these are useful to shadow people. It my belief that these shadow people feel threatened by humans who can "bend the rules". Likewise it seems that people who are accustomed to the paranormal are not so afraid of them.

I have not yet heard any reports here on UM of this next part. People have been "taken away" by shadow people. They always come back within a week, unharmed with no recollection of where they were, what happened, or even that any time has passed at all. Some one will get so fed up with their presence that they will try to "attack" the shadow, or demand to what it wants. When this has happened the person usually followed the shadow somewhere, of their own free will. I have heard about three occurrences. In two of them the people became listless, apathetic, and seem to "give up on life" after they talked with the shadow. The third incident was someone I knew seven years ago. I saw my first shadow person over a year ago

and did not even know they existed until then. And only recently did I realize what happen to the friend in the story I will tell next.

She became so angry at the shadow that she tried to punch it. She wanted answers. She followed it into hr room and did not come out for two days. Since then she would sometimes zone out and speak of prophecy and esoteric knowledge in an unearthly voice that she could not have made. Someone else later told me that if a shadow talks to you, it will impart you with knowledge at a high cost. He told me the people who receive this knowledge can become a tool or a vessel/host for the shadow at any time. I believe the shadow was speaking through my friend. It is a good idea to just ignore them.

I do not think "the man with the hat" is a true shadow person either. One user posted a picture called the "sandman" to give a good reference. He may "the sandman" for all we know. And since he is always seen "looming over us while we sleep" I do not think he is completely harmless. I think he may be stealing energy as week sleep, or feeding our fear.

Here is a link with more detailed information posted by another user. http://www.liparanormalinvestigators.com/lipi_shadows.shtml

and this is a link to a specialist on shadow people http://www.visionaryliving.com/

I hope this thread can clear up some of the confusion. Again, these are only my beliefs and I make no claims to fact. I am always open to suggestions and criticism, but please try to be polite.

UPDATE: added new today, Wednesday July 16, 2008

At the request of a few posters, I am gathering all the new information from your replies. As you requested, I hope this can make things even more simple on the subject of shadow people.

First up: The Hat Men, the Old Woman, and the Hooded shadows. After reading through the ENTIRE thread, I have strongly noticed only ONE recurring fact about these three. EVERY mention of them relates to feelings of fear, paranoia, and vulnerability. Other accounts point to the victim feeling threatened, and/or just having experienced a personal trauma or other sadness. The Old Women is always a suspect during the occurrence of SP, when you CANNOT move. The Hat Man is alway leering over you while you are asleep,when you are MOST VULNERABLE. The Hoodies always seem to be following, or hanging around an individual who is an unhappy person, an endless supply of SAD/DARK EMOTIONS. These three types are the only ones who have been repeatedly reported to wear clothing of any kind, or to have glowing red eyes. This is the reason I believe they are NOT "true" shadow people. They DO actively interfere with our lives and cause harm! If not physical damage, then certainly psychological, emotional, and mental, which ANY of those is WORSE than physical damage. I believe these three entities are some type of evil/demonic entity or other spirit. I believe that they feed off of our fear,pain, and suffering. If you are being attacked by these creatures DO NOT make yourself an easy target! Keep a positive mind, keep your personal living space as happy and inviting as possible. If possible, have some source of light nearby when you sleep, maybe even calming soothing music to play gently in the background while you sleep. And above all else, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! Believe they cannot and will not hurt you. Tell them in the name of whatever/whoever you hold sacred that they are NOT WELCOME, and GET OUT! Mediation and prayer are also helpful. Whatever you can do to empower yourself.

(personal account) I have spent a great deal of time at a historical monument. The first place I ever encountered a shadow person. I normally go there in groups of three or more as it is a VERY active paranormal site. We are there so often late in the evening, that nothing there really scares us much anymore. We had been taking pictures there all day one summer. We went back well after dark to see if the conditions were better. This time we also had a MUCH better digital camera. Now as I said this place is familiar to us. On this night however, we felt uneasy, scared even. The place felt unnaturally foreboding that night. As if we were NOT welcome. There is a bridge over a marshy river near the ocean that you must cross to enter the park. The bridge is designed for cars, and takes about two minutes on foot. We were about to cross when we saw a white bird fly out from under the bridge. What it did is hard to describe. It flew upward in an arch, came back around and down, and "became a shadow" as it swooped back under the bridge. My friend was preparing the camera. I felt a presence at my right shoulder and as I turned to see who it was, I could see a shadowy outline of a black hood. My friend accidentally set off the camera just then. Captured in the view finder was the eerie image of the head of an Hooded Shadow, complete with red glowing eyes. Once the image had saved into the camera we tried to see it again. The only thing in the picture was the shadowy figure of a bird in the back ground. It looked like the accidental shot it was.

Second: Age versus strength. Most of you have stated that the shadows who are "running away", or standing in the open, "free standing", are much darker than other shadow men. "Darker than the other shadows around them". Most shadows seem to be the same shade as the shadow that they are hiding in and that they "run down the wall" when they escape. Many of you have also stated that these darker ones also seem more foreboding, to have more of a presence, stronger. It is also a known fact that shadow men almost always hide in other "real" shadows. "Real" shadows are cast from a source (person or object) against the ground, wall, or another object according to the position of the source of light. With all the stories including my own, I have come to a second theory. As a shadow man ages, he becomes stronger. His shade will become darker. I believe that the younger, less experienced shadow men, are incapable of leaving the shadows completely. Maybe they are unable to hide if they do. They may lack the knowledge of how to leave or hide if they leave. They may need to be cast against something, or maybe they draw life/energy from shadows. This raises another theory. Maybe they spawned right in the very spot they are needed. If this is the case, maybe they are able to move about freely if the people they are watching leave or move away. This may be the reason for accounts of a single VERY black shadow man fleeing the scene when the lights come on. They were looking for the person (people) they are supposed to watch. As they are better suited to moving around freely, I speculate that they become more "real" or have more of a physical presence. Which would explain why they seem to become a "solid black mass" when hit directly with a strong light source.

(personal account)Just this past February I had an encounter with a "full bodied" shadow man, "free standing" out in the open completely independent of any other shadow. I was in FL visiting a friend. It was around ten PM and I was out for a walk. I was on my way back to the house, and was passing the neighbors yard. This neighbor has big front yard with no trees or bushes. A very deep ditch cuts through the middle of the bottom half of the yard nearest the street. In order to reach the mailbox, they installed a simple wooden bridge made of two-by-four planks. There is no rail or handholds. That night, it was partly cloudy and the moon was in a waxing gibbous phase. For those who do not study the moon, that means it was nearly full, but noticeably not. There, standing in the center of the bridge, was a shadow man. He was about six feet tall, and while he had no real shape other than his head, he seemed to have the form of a man. I was no more than ten feet away. He was just standing there and watching me. I think he wanted me to see him, because he just kind of appeared there. My friend called out to me from the front door and I turned around for a split second to tell them I would be right in. When I turned back around, the Shadow Man was gone.

As a shadow man gains more of a presence, he can act/re-act more like a human would. "Free standing" shadow men do not "cast" a shadow of their own. But they, themselves really are a "solid black mass", then maybe they can block your view of whatever is behind them, like a physical item or being can.

(personal account from a post on July 9, 2008) I spotted one while at a friends house and was watching it. It decide to change positions and something happened. You know how when light shines into a dark room, or outside at night from a window, and nearby object will reflect the glow? Well when he moved, it was just like the kitchen light had just been switched on then! The shadow man actually blocked the light! I relocated him further down the wall and when the kitchen light did go out, the glow on the charcoal grill also disappeared. I am not exactly sure how long I was watching the shadow man, but I know I and my boyfriend were waiting in his car for over half an hour for our friend to come home. He [the friend] lives with his grandparents and they have a big back yard with a long walk to the door. The neighbors have an L-shaped back porch steeped in shadow. There was only one shadow man and he was hiding in a shadow from collapsed table umbrella laying against the house. I think I was watching him for about ten minutes when he moved in front of the grill lid. I lost interest because I am so used to them. But, about ten minutes later when the reflected glow suddenly appeared on the grill again I looked up to see him slinking away down the wall toward the street. My friend's grandma tries to leave the light on for him, but when he is late she turns it off. She did not know we were outside, and he was over an hour late.

My third and final addition is on shadow "creatures" or animals. As the name implies, these are obviously not shadow people or shadow men. Most accounts of these guys describe them as cat-like, birds or bats and other flying creatures, small imp-like /demonic humanoid shapes, or other indescribable shapes and/or blob-like masses. In short, their description varies just as much as their "human" counterparts. I have next to no information this type of entity. What I do have is this: they are usually associated with the coming of a larger more powerful presence. Many of us believe that they will gather near a place when a more powerful entity is about to manifest. Maybe they are its minions, or messengers, and are checking out the area before their master arrives. They could be bottom feeders looking to siphon some energy from a larger source that will likely not notice. Or the more popular theory: shadow pets. No one really knows.

Hey,I'm new to these forums(whole site really ^_^ ) and I somehow wandered into this topic.After I read a few pages,I felt I absolutely had to register and everything just for a simple question.It might seem stupid,but just honestly answer the question please.

Before or after you first saw one of the shadow people,have you tried to hear something that wasn't there?

Since we had several items at Somerset City Cemetery involving Shadow People, I will go ahead and post them. This excludes the EVP.

During a much longer investigation we had three main encounters with shadow people.

1 - During the investigation, we would on occasion see heads and bodies behind gravestones, peering out at us.

2 - A member had to return to a vehicle and retrieve a recorder that he forgot. On his way back we saw him walking on the sidewalk outside of the cemetery with someone else following closely behind him. He reported that there was no one. (well lit area)

3 - One member who was sensitive said he felt something in the woods, right where it joined the cemetery. We had a growing feeling of uneasiness as we approached the area. We began to notice many more shadow people peering from the stones and later, when we reviewed the tapes we had someone talking on the tapes (not us, and we did not hear it) when we got by the woods. It was nothing but constant cussing and threatening language.

Here are some daytime photos of the cemetery.

*Note: the red-orange item in picture 4 is a traffic cone.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/ve...n/Somerset1.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/ve...n/Somerset2.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/ve...n/Somerset3.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/ve...n/Somerset4.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/ve...n/Somerset5.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/ve...n/Somerset6.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/ve...n/Somerset7.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/ve...n/Somerset8.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/ve...n/Somerset9.jpg

Edited by veledran