Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Collected "Facts" about shadow people.

Amarali2012

I have been told by geophysicists that differences in shadowpeople are correlated with the frequency of EMF's that the observer is under. I do not know how much I agree with this but they did give me a link that was very interesting. If I find it I will share it.

I'd like to see that, but I am doubtful how accurate that view is in all cases, if only because I have seen both in the same place, so the EMF factor would have been the same.... however, I am gratified to read that you have at least a geo-physicist looking at it. I have been begging for a phycisist who understands dimensional and string theory to opine on data I have, to no avail.

NS

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amarali2012

• Aanica

• veledran

• JustNormal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HAHA! This is what I adore so much about you, NS. I absolutely love your direct an honest approach to life. :lol: Thank you for the good laugh!

*blushes* You're welcome, but, actually, it was the blue moon shadow people, who aren't really shadow people, but lunar entities.... and one of their pitchers of unknown fluid pouring out that made me do it ????????? I must have blinked...... ?!

Tripe.

NS

I'd like to see that, but I am doubtful how accurate that view is in all cases, if only because I have seen both in the same place, so the EMF factor would have been the same.... however, I am gratified to read that you have at least a geo-physicist looking at it. I have been begging for a phycisist who understands dimensional and string theory to opine on data I have, to no avail.

NS

There are neurosurgens and others whom I have discussed this issue with. Dr. Michael Persinger believes that certain EMF frequencies cause delusions ... though I do not at all agree with the total principle. Mainly because if two people see the same things how can it be a delusion.

Look up Persingers God Helmet. Very interesting reading.

Dr. Michael Persinger believes that certain EMF frequencies cause delusions ... though I do not at all agree with the total principle. Mainly because if two people see the same things how can it be a delusion.

Look up Persingers God Helmet. Very interesting reading.

Yes, it was. Then I read a bit more about it at http://www.bioedonline.org/news/news.cfm?art=1424

Participants wore helmets that targeted their temporal lobes with weak magnetic fields, of roughly the same strength as those generated by a computer monitor. Persinger found that this caused 80% of the people he tested to feel an unexplained presence in the room.

A computer monitor strength EMF emission... I haven't seen this helmet, but would suspect that any sensory deprivation, such as blindfolding a person, would have similar results of sensing motion or something nearby after long enough of it in silence.

When I am home, I spend inordinate amounts of time on the computer, and given this theory I should be paranoid past expressing about hosts of presences all around me. In fact, *looks around, senses around* nobody is here, and usually nobody is here.

On the other hand, I have long believed that the huge increase in exposure to TV, computer monitors, and other electronics may be having a causative effect on some types of cancer rates.

Mind you, I am not a PhD and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express, either.

But, I am glad to see some scientific minds looking into the area of the paranormal, even if I do not agree with them all. He is trying to do something, and that is good. I think answers will come only when we can work together and chill out with the automatic blanket scepticism over the entire topic, along with denial and arguments among believers if one tries to offer a differing explanation as a suggestion.

Good for you, Ignus! I am glad to meet you and get an idea of what you are trying to accomplish, today.

JMO

NS

Yes, it was. Then I read a bit more about it at http://www.bioedonline.org/news/news.cfm?art=1424

A computer monitor strength EMF emission... I haven't seen this helmet, but would suspect that any sensory deprivation, such as blindfolding a person, would have similar results of sensing motion or something nearby after long enough of it in silence.

When I am home, I spend inordinate amounts of time on the computer, and given this theory I should be paranoid past expressing about hosts of presences all around me. In fact, *looks around, senses around* nobody is here, and usually nobody is here.

On the other hand, I have long believed that the huge increase in exposure to TV, computer monitors, and other electronics may be having a causative effect on some types of cancer rates.

But, I am glad to see some scientific minds looking into the area of the paranormal, even if I do not agree with them all. He is trying to do something, and that is good. I think answers will come only when we can work together and chill out with the automatic blanket scepticism over the entire topic, along with denial and arguments among believers if one tries to offer a differing explanation as a suggestion.

Good for you, Ignus! I am glad to meet you and get an idea of what you are trying to accomplish, today.

JMO

NS

thanks ... I have some links at home I will post them on this thread as soon as I collect them.

Also you can sit in a cave for a time to achieve sensory deprivation. I have done it and it is really interesting.

Time to go home see you later.

HAHA, ahem, sorry, that cracked me up. :D

As for scientists and their views of just trying to de-bunk ghosts/spirits, it would be much more refreshing if more of them were to actually also dwell in the "what if" of the subject. There's been plenty of times where a theory/idea was scoffed at and it ended up laaaater being accepted and even taught in schools. You'd think after such instances, people would be more open-minded to different theories outside the box. :( Jinkies...

HAHA, ahem, sorry, that cracked me up. :D

As for scientists and their views of just trying to de-bunk ghosts/spirits, it would be much more refreshing if more of them were to actually also dwell in the "what if" of the subject. There's been plenty of times where a theory/idea was scoffed at and it ended up laaaater being accepted and even taught in schools. You'd think after such instances, people would be more open-minded to different theories outside the box. :( Jinkies...

Agreed. Not to mention the fact that most experiments need to be conducted in a contralloed labratory type environment, and most of these events happen in someones home or on a road somewhere in the middle of nowhere. There isn't much serious "field" study when it comes to accredited universities and paranormal research.

Edited for never being able to spell "the" on the first try.

Edited by Paul Noise

Hey Aanica so do you think there is a difference between those shadowpeople (mr. hatman) who stood over me as a child and teenager versus the ones who streak through the bog near my house.

Some say no difference but one was definatly not afraid of me ... now as I am in the bog by myself and not afraid of them has my energy changed? I have seen Mr. Hatman though maybe not mine in this bog. I have over 100 sigtings since summer alone. I have also taken a gauss meter with me and can say that the EMF's in this area are really screwed.

Maybe I do need a bullie... ;)

I could not say for sure but the ones I have seen felt different and looked different, for example there was very dark ones at my home in Ky. growing up and the ones I have seen lately are more gray, a dark gray This is the one that looks like a it's wearing a hood and very tall and fast, the really dark ones did not have a hat but they did not run either. I do think there is a difference in the strength of each individual. The hat man I have seen once but felt his presence a lot I did not like this one.

It seem to be malevolent for some reason, the others did not feel like that. You have a bunch down by you ? that would make for some good experiments..!! and pictures....hint, hint.... ^_^

thanks ... I have some links at home I will post them on this thread as soon as I collect them.

Also you can sit in a cave for a time to achieve sensory deprivation. I have done it and it is really interesting.

Time to go home see you later.

Exactly. Anyone can try this and see what we mean. Go into a dark basement, or a room you're not real familiar with and blindfold yourself and just sit there in silence for a while, past the point you feel bored or restless, and you will find yourself after a while just sure someone is near you, or coming close, or you can hear something or breathing or a footstep, or something touched you.... In these experiements with the EMF he claimed about 80% were experiencing something. I'd bet about 80% would be close to who got things seeming to happen through mild sensory deprivation as well. It is just that robbed of vision, your other senses will try to take up the slack, imperfectly.

Sensory deprivation can seem very paranormal. This is part of many incidents experienced in a dark room also. Not all of them, but it is a real syndrome, and why experienced people seem mean to say an account doesn't seem real, by itself, sometimes. If you learn about it, you can debunk a lot of your own stuff, and better focus on what, if any of it, really isn't readily explained.

JMO

NS

I am constantly "thinking" I am seeing things move in my house, I live alone and have no pets. I don't think I have ever heard of these entities. But I am intrigued thanks everyone for all of your insight on this subject. Oh and thank you for giving me yet another thing to freak myself out about (Haha). It seems like most of the people have clearly seen shadow people. What do you think, are these things I think I see from time to time Shadow Peeps?? or is it just some sort of peripheral vision quirk??? I know it is a bit ambiguous, but they are always moving when I think i see them, movement is what draws my attention to what I think I see. So who knows? Again very interesting stuff though.

Edited by mjanus666

What do you think, are these things I think I see from time to time Shadow Peeps?? or is it just some sort of peripheral vision quirk??? I know it is a bit ambiguous, but they are always moving when I think i see them, movement is what draws my attention to what I think I see. So who knows? Again very interesting stuff though.

Generally speaking, when an SP is seen, it is really plain that you're looking at a humanoid form all of black. The peripheral stuff can be just a quirk, as you say. One way to find out, if you really want to know, is do something which would cleanse your space up - sprinkle holy water, smudge, burn some sandalwood incense or pray for help and for it to be cleaned up of negative things. Whatever you feel some trust in for this.

If this abates or ceases for a time, then it may be something passing through. If it stays the same, then probably a quirk.

If a quirk, then try cutting back on the caffeine :) LOL.

Quirk is the most likely.

Good wishes,

NS

Generally speaking, when an SP is seen, it is really plain that you're looking at a humanoid form all of black. The peripheral stuff can be just a quirk, as you say. One way to find out, if you really want to know, is do something which would cleanse your space up - sprinkle holy water, smudge, burn some sandalwood incense or pray for help and for it to be cleaned up of negative things. Whatever you feel some trust in for this.

If this abates or ceases for a time, then it may be something passing through. If it stays the same, then probably a quirk.

If a quirk, then try cutting back on the caffeine :) LOL.

Quirk is the most likely.

Good wishes,

NS

LOL I live on Caffeine NS..What do you think about the "shadow animals" or whatever they are. They are also black, fuzzy, furry, with tails and feet, and run faster than you can blink, are they in the same category? Thanks..JN

One way to find out, if you really want to know, is do something which would cleanse your space up - sprinkle holy water, smudge, burn some sandalwood incense or pray for help and for it to be cleaned up of negative things

Hmm, I'm kinda new to all this but I'm all for cleansing my space of negative things... do you have any resources for me on this topic, or for lack of a better term "how to's"??

And there is a good chance Caffeine is playing a role, I drink 3-4 shot espressos, daily sometime twice! HA

Edited by mjanus666

LOL I live on Caffeine NS..What do you think about the "shadow animals" or whatever they are. They are also black, fuzzy, furry, with tails and feet, and run faster than you can blink, are they in the same category? Thanks..JN

Me, too :).

I think that we are limited in our ability to always discern what we are limitedly seeing, and there is a danger of lumping too much together as being "like". If we are pursuing SP, we need to rigidly define what an SP is and stick with that. Black masses, black humanlike forms, dark apparitions, the black floaty things, black mists, or floorboard runners we need to keep in their own category until the day ever comes when we know they belong in the same file. IME, the critters you speak of are linked to something else, which I do not believe are linked to SPs, as yet.

I think of it like a Martian kid, peering through a magic scope and seeing a human and being told that is what it is, then assuming all the other life forms it can see on Earth are humans too.

We just do not know enough, yet.

JMO

NS

Me, too :) .

I think that we are limited in our ability to always discern what we are limitedly seeing, and there is a danger of lumping too much together as being "like". If we are pursuing SP, we need to rigidly define what an SP is and stick with that. Black masses, black humanlike forms, dark apparitions, the black floaty things, black mists, or floorboard runners we need to keep in their own category until the day ever comes when we know they belong in the same file. IME, the critters you speak of are linked to something else, which I do not believe are linked to SPs, as yet.

I think of it like a Martian kid, peering through a magic scope and seeing a human and being told that is what it is, then assuming all the other life forms it can see on Earth are humans too.

JMO

NS

Thanks Nile, I think I know what they are related to, but was curious if these were shadow people's pets LOL...JN :P

Hmm, I'm kinda new to all this but I'm all for cleansing my space of negative things... do you have any resources for me on this topic, or for lack of a better term "how to's"??

Depends on your background, really. If you grew up generally Christian oriented, then holy water from a Catholic Church sprinkled about while praying for your space to be cleansed of negative or bad energies and influences will suffice. Or burn some incense with a more spiritual note to it. I like sandalwood, frankincense and myrrh, or sometimes nag champa for this. I have a frank and myrrh candle burning on the mantel in here right now. I like it :). Some people burn white sage to smoke the area (watch out for the smoke detectors if you do this LOL). I do that if I want a more nuclear effect, and will smoke the place out if need be. Most people do not need to do that, though. Sometimes, I do.

But, I am more expedient than purist. Once all I had was a can of Oust handy, so I prayed over it to be blessed to clear out the nasties, then sprayed it copiously all throughout, and that worked.

The main thing is to form your will to take dominion/ownership/right to your personal space back and then do something to suit actions to that will. You have every right to not be harassed in your own space, I don't care if some entity used to live there before you, it can learn to play nice or get the f out, IMO. I am very hard core about this space thing, and after so many years of the attitude, I don't have much trouble with unwelcome visitors and voyeurs anymore.

It is less about religious stuff and more about learning that you have rights, and they know you do, and hope you don't find out and assert them.

And there is a good chance Caffeine is playing a role, I drink 3-4 shot espressos, daily sometime twice! HA

ROFL! Well, let us hope it is just monsters romping about your house and keep the caffeine :). Being cut off from my caffeine would turn me into a slavering exorcist in a hurry LOL!

You're cute, janus :) Thanks for the chuckle.

NS

I am constantly "thinking" I am seeing things move in my house, I live alone and have no pets. I don't think I have ever heard of these entities. But I am intrigued thanks everyone for all of your insight on this subject. Oh and thank you for giving me yet another thing to freak myself out about (Haha). It seems like most of the people have clearly seen shadow people. What do you think, are these things I think I see from time to time Shadow Peeps?? or is it just some sort of peripheral vision quirk??? I know it is a bit ambiguous, but they are always moving when I think i see them, movement is what draws my attention to what I think I see. So who knows? Again very interesting stuff though.

HAHA! I know exactly how you feel/ what you mean! I kept myself plenty scared all night the whole time I was composing the OP. I was too scared to sleep even! Yes, it is more than likely that you are seeing Shadow Men. Do you have any sort of gift, or personal tie to the supernatural? If so, that would be the main reason they are present in your life, according to my beliefs that is. Also, it is good to keep in mind that fact that they will continue to hide until you both acknowledge and accept their existence. So if you do not want to trouble yourself with those thoughts, then just ignore then, and pretend they are not there. :D

Thank you for the breakdown NS, I will figure out what makes sense to ME for cleansing my space, that seems to be the gist of it.

Do you have any sort of gift, or personal tie to the supernatural?

Nothing comes to mind as far as "gifts" go, I do fancy myself a damn talented artist haha. I went through a phase where I was experimenting with Lucid dreaming a few years ago, and I was having very powerful and strange, occasionally frightening experiences. I don't really fool too much with my subconscious anymore because of those experiences. Not sure if that would be considered a tie to the supernatural or not.

Nothing comes to mind as far as "gifts" go, I do fancy myself a damn talented artist haha. I went through a phase where I was experimenting with Lucid dreaming a few years ago, and I was having very powerful and strange, occasionally frightening experiences. I don't really fool too much with my subconscious anymore because of those experiences. Not sure if that would be considered a tie to the supernatural or not.

Yes it is if you were experiencing them in a controlled OBE state! :tu:

But, I am more expedient than purist. Once all I had was a can of Oust handy, so I prayed over it to be blessed to clear out the nasties, then sprayed it copiously all throughout, and that worked.

That is so cool...LOL I do have some oust....even the name fits... :lol:

Also, probably one the most simplest ways to clear out a mild build up of stagnant or negative energy, is to throw open all the windows in your space and let natural currents do their thing. Done regularly enough it can be fairly effective.

For extremely potent or problematic levels/situations you're probably better off seeking someone who can work with and manipulate energy :tu:

Edited by Lady_Anvilabeel

My, my! Do you guys always venture off on these comical tangents on all the threads? It is absolutely GREAT! I do love a good laugh! I can just see it now: "I 'OUST' thee in the name of......!" LOL You are all so great! Now I know why I chose to join this forum, I truly believe nothing could dishearten this group of paranormal investigators!! Thank you all for shedding a humorous light on this "Shadowy" post! (I know, but I just HAD to go there)

Me, too :).

JMO

NS

HMMM, thank you! Fully agree! The very reason for this post it to create some sort of definition. Even when we have one formed, it will still all be hypothetical though. Here is a funny side story: The Kangaroo. Did you know that the name is actually the words for "What is it?" in the native tongue of the African tribesmen? When the British were colonizing, thy had a translator who would teach them the word for anything they pointed to, or would directly translate when they spoke. Before the translator could spot the Kangaroo, it had hopped away. In actuality, he had taught the Englishman the way to say "What is it?", he taught him the meaning of the word Kangaroo. So the next time you see a large hopping animal-like shadow with a pouch, you should ask yourself, Kangaroo?

Who decided the hat men were dangerous? IME, they all wear hats or a hoodlike thing as if to obscure their appearance.

Black masses are not the same thing, as you know :).

NS

Sorry NS, I did not see this reply till just now, I have been so busy lately! (I work at Wal*Mart and it is Christmas time......) If you have read through all the accounts on this post alone, I have not seen or read one reply with mention of Hat Man where he was a good guy, or not looming over a sleeping person, or making someone scared. They always say "looming", which IMO is a nice way of saying "Creepy PERVE!!!!!", LOL Once again, the point of this post is to form a collection of data based on personal accounts so that we can ATTEMPT to discover factual information. I wrote them off to be bad guys because I have not heard one tale yet with a kind hat man. If you know any, please share. ^_^ EVERYONE is welcome to debate my findings with personal accounts. I should also note, again, that I personally have NEVER encountered a Hat man.