Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Collected "Facts" about shadow people.

Amarali2012

hi everyone! just found this forum and thought i'd add my experiences with the shadow people to your collection/discussion:

(sorry it's sooooo long!)

most of my experiences with 'shadow people' occurred as a child. i would guess from the age range of 5 - 8 years old. i say 'shadow people' only because that is what i called them then. my experiences only occurred while living in a single house and i don't recall them following me once my family moved from that house. i do believe that the house i was living in was haunted and i described it as such even as young as 5 years old (prior to any adult 'teaching' me about what 'haunted' meant) when i began experiencing strange things; e.g. doors shaking all by themselves when alone in the house.

although i'm apt to connect my experiences with the house i was living in, i clearly recall a repeated nightmare that would occur during that age range which also seems to be connected. i began having that nightmare around the time i began seeing the shadow people and i just as quickly stopped having that nightmare (it ended with an unusual change in the plot) at the same time i stopped seeing the shadow people. the nightmare involved being trapped in a square room (maybe 500 x 500 feet large) with a brick floor (VERY large bricks). the room was just large enough to give me room to run and dodge an ENORMOUS shadow person. the shadow person was like a giant and there didn't seem to be any ceiling to the room... it just went up to infinity. the shadow giant would chase me for what seemed like hours trying to catch me, kill me or step on me all the while the brick floor that i was running on would move like a wave leaving cracks in the brick that if i stepped into would crush me. i would have this dream frequently, always waking up with fear. then one day the dream plot changed. there were two shadow giants. i was running as usual for my life, then all the sudden one of the shadow giants 'saved' me from the other. it was the last time i ever had that dream... and the last time i can ever recall seeing the shadow people in my bedroom.

now the shadow people themselves (not the ones in my dream, but the ones in my bedroom):

1. they were always short, say 4 feet tall. and there were always multiples. say anywhere from 3 - 5 shadow people. the shadows were dense black and i could not see through them. there did seems to be human-like proportions (head, arms, torsos, legs, etc), however the edges of the beings were not well defined and seemed 'fuzzy' and blended into the environment around them. i imagine the 'fuzzy' edges are why i tended to call them shadows as a child.

2. when i first began seeing them they would very slowly emerge from the shadows in the walls and then just stand around the edges of my room while i was in my bed trying to go to sleep. i would close my eyes in fear (too afraid to scream for my parents) and/or hide my head under the covers. once in a while i would have the courage to pull the covers down or open my eyes to find they were still standing in the exact same spot as they were when i had closed my eyes. sometimes i would actually watch them reappear again from the shadows. although i was still scared enough to close my eyes again, there was a tiny bit of comfort knowing they hadn't moved.

3. one day, however, i peered out from under my covers looking for that bit of comfort knowing they would be still standing in the same place and they had RELOCATED!! i was terrified! they weren't standing along the edges of the room anymore but there were standing around the edges of my bed! surrounding me! they were moving and it looked like they were touching me. i could not feel anything while they were touching me, so unsure of what they were doing i assumed they were 'examining' me. my reaction was always to hide my face under the covers until i fell asleep.

4. this pattern became the norm. seeing them along the edges of the room. closing my eyes. opening my eyes and finding them surrounding my bed 'examining' me. i began calling them the 'shadow doctors'. although i never was harmed, i was always afraid of them. no one else in the household ever saw them; just me.

5. there was ONE other shadow person that i would see. again, short (maybe 3 feet tall), however the edges of this being were 'crisper'. it wore a large brim hat (think 'spy versus spy' here), a trench coat with a high collar, seemed to tuck it's head/face into it's collar so all i saw was it's eyes. i always thought it was an evil spy and called it such as a child. it never moved (except for it's eyes) and always seemed to merge with a piece of furniture. it also had 'shifty' eyes that i could see moving back and forth. i never saw this shadow person at the same time as the others, but i would often see them in the same night. it was easier for me to feel this shadow person was my imagination more so than the ones mentioned above, not sure why. funny, i didn't even remember seeing this shadow person until i read others' experiences with shadow beings with top hats. i do not recall if the eyes were red as some others describe as seeing with 'hat people'.

6. also, i saw a blobby fast moving black object one night sleeping on the floor of my sister's room (i was too scared to sleep in my room). the blob was moving very fast, but was 'stuck' to the wall and i saw it upon waking in the middle of the night. i thought it was related to the 'spy' (don't know why i felt this) and although i was initially thinking it was a figment of my imagination or part of my dream, i noticed my dog (on the floor with me) was also staring intensely at the same black moving blob on the wall.

of course, i always assumed when i was a child that all these shadow people were a result of my healthy imagination. my dog, however, made it difficult for me to believe that i was the only one who could see them and i now see i'm not the only person who has seen them.

anyhow, i'm glad i had the chance to tell you my story and i hope it contributes to your healthy discussion!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amarali2012

• Aanica

• veledran

• JustNormal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi! I'm not sure if what I have seen are shadow "people" or not.

they are shadows, for sure. They first came to visit in 1994, they were crawling up the walls. literally. and sometimes flying through the air. they multiplied in numbers. SOmetimes they were furry. I started seeing one at a time (I was a teenager) and once on my watch. I jumped and everyone laughed. I didn't tell ANYONE because I feared I was insane. Then one night when they were getting worse and worse, I had a friend over. I didn't tell her what i was seeing and tried to ignore them. then out of nowhere she started screaming and asking me if I could see the "black things". She was hysterical crying. i told her to calm down and that i did too. This went on for a long time. Her hand went paralyzed. it was weird, her fingers cramped together... When things subsided she puked.

I always seen them in that bedroom. I got used to them. When I lwent off to college, one of my brothers took over the bedroom. he asked me if i thought that room was haunted because he kept seeing black things. Keep in mind, I NEVER TOLD ANYONE! Also, a family friend (younger than me) started screaming one day because of what he was seeing.

After my family left the house, my mom recalled similiar stories. I wish I would have known I wasn't alone when I was going to commit myself to an asylum!

Are these the shadows everyone is talking about?

No I believe you speak of negative energies..or call them bad spirits , shadow people are not black blobs they look like humans always...no exceptions

I think I might have seen a "shadow person" about a year ago in my first sleep paralysis experience.

I was lying in bed with my eyes closed and waiting to fall asleep and I was mulling over something that happened that day, though right now I can't recall what it was. So I opened my eyes and literally saw him standing near the foot of my bed facing me. He was quite tall, 6-7 ft., skinny, with lanky limbs, a sort of creamy/dark/smokey black color, had no facial features(eyes, nose, mouth...etc), and looked physically real(3-D). I freaked out and tried to move, but apparently I was in sleep paralysis (I had no idea what SP was at the time), which made me freak out even more. I glanced at him again and he began to move toward me. So I squeezed my eyes shut, because I was seriously having a panic attack. Then it was like his presence was literally on top of me and pushing down on my entire body (this might of been because of the SP :unsure: ). But the thing that freaked me out the most was that even though my eyes were closed, it was like I could feel his face coming really close to mine. I'm not sure if it was really just the SP or a real shadow person.

Since then, SP comes to me often but he never appeared again.

Any thoughts? :(

I think I might have seen a "shadow person" about a year ago in my first sleep paralysis experience.

I was lying in bed with my eyes closed and waiting to fall asleep and I was mulling over something that happened that day, though right now I can't recall what it was. So I opened my eyes and literally saw him standing near the foot of my bed facing me. He was quite tall, 6-7 ft., skinny, with lanky limbs, a sort of creamy/dark/smokey black color, had no facial features(eyes, nose, mouth...etc), and looked physically real(3-D). I freaked out and tried to move, but apparently I was in sleep paralysis (I had no idea what SP was at the time), which made me freak out even more. I glanced at him again and he began to move toward me. So I squeezed my eyes shut, because I was seriously having a panic attack. Then it was like his presence was literally on top of me and pushing down on my entire body (this might of been because of the SP :unsure: ). But the thing that freaked me out the most was that even though my eyes were closed, it was like I could feel his face coming really close to mine. I'm not sure if it was really just the SP or a real shadow person.

Since then, SP comes to me often but he never appeared again.

Any thoughts? :(

Yes I have some, this one I have seen too skinny and lankey not the dark black like the others but a creamy gray/black...I saw him go past a door way in my house very slowly enough for me to see him clearly..

I dont know why but this one does not have the heavy dark feel of the solids (the darker ones) and he is very tall weird kind of skinny head... I am gonna say I have seen the same one while sitting up typing so I would rule out SP...

hi everyone! just found this forum and thought i'd add my experiences with the shadow people to your collection/discussion:

(sorry it's sooooo long!)

most of my experiences with 'shadow people' occurred as a child. i would guess from the age range of 5 - 8 years old. i say 'shadow people' only because that is what i called them then. my experiences only occurred while living in a single house and i don't recall them following me once my family moved from that house. i do believe that the house i was living in was haunted and i described it as such even as young as 5 years old (prior to any adult 'teaching' me about what 'haunted' meant) when i began experiencing strange things; e.g. doors shaking all by themselves when alone in the house.

although i'm apt to connect my experiences with the house i was living in, i clearly recall a repeated nightmare that would occur during that age range which also seems to be connected. i began having that nightmare around the time i began seeing the shadow people and i just as quickly stopped having that nightmare (it ended with an unusual change in the plot) at the same time i stopped seeing the shadow people. the nightmare involved being trapped in a square room (maybe 500 x 500 feet large) with a brick floor (VERY large bricks). the room was just large enough to give me room to run and dodge an ENORMOUS shadow person. the shadow person was like a giant and there didn't seem to be any ceiling to the room... it just went up to infinity. the shadow giant would chase me for what seemed like hours trying to catch me, kill me or step on me all the while the brick floor that i was running on would move like a wave leaving cracks in the brick that if i stepped into would crush me. i would have this dream frequently, always waking up with fear. then one day the dream plot changed. there were two shadow giants. i was running as usual for my life, then all the sudden one of the shadow giants 'saved' me from the other. it was the last time i ever had that dream... and the last time i can ever recall seeing the shadow people in my bedroom.

now the shadow people themselves (not the ones in my dream, but the ones in my bedroom):

1. they were always short, say 4 feet tall. and there were always multiples. say anywhere from 3 - 5 shadow people. the shadows were dense black and i could not see through them. there did seems to be human-like proportions (head, arms, torsos, legs, etc), however the edges of the beings were not well defined and seemed 'fuzzy' and blended into the environment around them. i imagine the 'fuzzy' edges are why i tended to call them shadows as a child.

2. when i first began seeing them they would very slowly emerge from the shadows in the walls and then just stand around the edges of my room while i was in my bed trying to go to sleep. i would close my eyes in fear (too afraid to scream for my parents) and/or hide my head under the covers. once in a while i would have the courage to pull the covers down or open my eyes to find they were still standing in the exact same spot as they were when i had closed my eyes. sometimes i would actually watch them reappear again from the shadows. although i was still scared enough to close my eyes again, there was a tiny bit of comfort knowing they hadn't moved.

3. one day, however, i peered out from under my covers looking for that bit of comfort knowing they would be still standing in the same place and they had RELOCATED!! i was terrified! they weren't standing along the edges of the room anymore but there were standing around the edges of my bed! surrounding me! they were moving and it looked like they were touching me. i could not feel anything while they were touching me, so unsure of what they were doing i assumed they were 'examining' me. my reaction was always to hide my face under the covers until i fell asleep.

4. this pattern became the norm. seeing them along the edges of the room. closing my eyes. opening my eyes and finding them surrounding my bed 'examining' me. i began calling them the 'shadow doctors'. although i never was harmed, i was always afraid of them. no one else in the household ever saw them; just me.

5. there was ONE other shadow person that i would see. again, short (maybe 3 feet tall), however the edges of this being were 'crisper'. it wore a large brim hat (think 'spy versus spy' here), a trench coat with a high collar, seemed to tuck it's head/face into it's collar so all i saw was it's eyes. i always thought it was an evil spy and called it such as a child. it never moved (except for it's eyes) and always seemed to merge with a piece of furniture. it also had 'shifty' eyes that i could see moving back and forth. i never saw this shadow person at the same time as the others, but i would often see them in the same night. it was easier for me to feel this shadow person was my imagination more so than the ones mentioned above, not sure why. funny, i didn't even remember seeing this shadow person until i read others' experiences with shadow beings with top hats. i do not recall if the eyes were red as some others describe as seeing with 'hat people'.

6. also, i saw a blobby fast moving black object one night sleeping on the floor of my sister's room (i was too scared to sleep in my room). the blob was moving very fast, but was 'stuck' to the wall and i saw it upon waking in the middle of the night. i thought it was related to the 'spy' (don't know why i felt this) and although i was initially thinking it was a figment of my imagination or part of my dream, i noticed my dog (on the floor with me) was also staring intensely at the same black moving blob on the wall.

of course, i always assumed when i was a child that all these shadow people were a result of my healthy imagination. my dog, however, made it difficult for me to believe that i was the only one who could see them and i now see i'm not the only person who has seen them.

anyhow, i'm glad i had the chance to tell you my story and i hope it contributes to your healthy discussion!

WOW Thanks for sharing, that must have been horrifying for you. Do you see them anymore?JN

Hi! I'm not sure if what I have seen are shadow "people" or not.

they are shadows, for sure. They first came to visit in 1994, they were crawling up the walls. literally. and sometimes flying through the air. they multiplied in numbers. SOmetimes they were furry. I started seeing one at a time (I was a teenager) and once on my watch. I jumped and everyone laughed. I didn't tell ANYONE because I feared I was insane. Then one night when they were getting worse and worse, I had a friend over. I didn't tell her what i was seeing and tried to ignore them. then out of nowhere she started screaming and asking me if I could see the "black things". She was hysterical crying. i told her to calm down and that i did too. This went on for a long time. Her hand went paralyzed. it was weird, her fingers cramped together... When things subsided she puked.

I always seen them in that bedroom. I got used to them. When I lwent off to college, one of my brothers took over the bedroom. he asked me if i thought that room was haunted because he kept seeing black things. Keep in mind, I NEVER TOLD ANYONE! Also, a family friend (younger than me) started screaming one day because of what he was seeing.

After my family left the house, my mom recalled similiar stories. I wish I would have known I wasn't alone when I was going to commit myself to an asylum!

Are these the shadows everyone is talking about?

IMO They sound more like negative entities, and I am happy to hear you got out of there. At least you know you are NOT alone anymore..JN

Aanica & JustNormal,

Thank you! I had no idea what they were. I'll look them up. I couldn't find a thread about them, but I'll check again.

WOW Thanks for sharing, that must have been horrifying for you. Do you see them anymore?JN

i don't see the shadow people anymore, but i do experience 'ghost-like' activity once in a while. i think i would rather see the shadow people - they seem less scary to me now that i'm older. well less scary, anyhow, than things moving on their own and whatnot.

I just posted some of my own experiences that i have had. I couldnt help but notice that you mentioned that Shawdow people are not harmful. If you have a chance read what I have posted on mine and maybe you can help explain some things.

By the way, I like what you posted....and i just want to say that this type of incident happened twice on two very different occassions.

i don't see the shadow people anymore, but i do experience 'ghost-like' activity once in a while. i think i would rather see the shadow people - they seem less scary to me now that i'm older. well less scary, anyhow, than things moving on their own and whatnot.

I understand, and its sometimes hard to tell what scares us more than the other. Spirit activity can be very disturbing as well, so none of it is fun for the most part..Thanks..JN

IMO They sound more like negative entities, and I am happy to hear you got out of there. At least you know you are NOT alone anymore..JN
I agree it sound more like negitive enitities, and yes..you are not alone. There are the same sightings reported all over the world.

All over the world, Shadow people report

Shadow People..About.com

Thanks Aanica, but I never knew they connected Shadow People with Demonics? Interesting read..JN
Well its a mixed bag of snakes...that's for sure some say "oh its just a spirit that doesn't have enough energy to manifest" or There interdimensional beings, lost souls, Nephiliem, the list is long to say the least.

What is common is the heavy feeling and the feeling of dread that comes with seeing them. I myself do not believe them harmless they IMO feed on negative energy and things like depression, despair and misery

They are most commonly attracted to a person and tend to follow them, I have had people come to my house and after they are gone seems they forgot their Shadow being...

Their intentions are unknown these are all of course theory's...

Well its a mixed bag of snakes...that's for sure some say "oh its just a spirit that doesn't have enough energy to manifest" or There interdimensional beings, lost souls, Nephiliem, the list is long to say the least.

What is common is the heavy feeling and the feeling of dread that comes with seeing them. I myself do not believe them harmless they IMO feed on negative energy and things like depression, despair and misery

They are most commonly attracted to a person and tend to follow them, I have had people come to my house and after they are gone seems they forgot their Shadow being...

Their intentions are unknown these are all of course theory's...

Gotcha, I hope someday someone figures out what they are, and what they are doing here. I saw one that night and other times it was as if someone walked by my bedroom door, causing a shadow on my wall, like it was a real person. I didnt get any feelings "then." JN

you can also take in consideration that shadow people are just spirits in their lesser form. i believe spirits take on this form because it is easier and less energy consuming.that could be why people have sighted them more than in there true form. which would be a full bodied apparition. to do anything it takes energy. i have come across a shadow person during the day. i was with my ex and my son in the backyard. the windows to the living room have window screens but you can see into the house clear enough to notice someone walking around. we were expecting her brother to come home from school any minute. as i was looking up towards the window i saw a black mass infront of the window as i start walking towards the door it burnt off around the corner into the kitchen. now i thought it was her brother running to his room the hide something. he has been getting into the drug phase.when i ran to his room to catch him in the act no one was there. then i realized who it was and let the spirit know that i saw them. an old women passed away in her mothers bedroom years ago. and i feel that it was her observing us. especially after a few nights before i tried to make contact with her.i also caught the shadow peering over me when i woke up.

Ok....Here goes

For about five years now I have been experiencing something I haven't even been able to bring myself to speak about until now. To be perfectly honest, I have been questioning my own sanity ever since.

The first couple of times it happened were months apart. It began to happen more and more often until it became an every night thing.

Basically what happens is that as soon as the lights go out i can see these blacks forms. the are somewhat human in size and shape but not in any definitive way. I cannot see any distinctive traits. No limbs or features at all, just forms. they are in one place and moving all at once. Almost as if they are writhing, for lack of a better word. They do not advance at all though. The problem is, at least what really is beginning to scare me, that they are getting closer and closer over time. At first they wee all the way across he room. Eventually they moved to the foot of the bed then next to the bed. Now, the other night, there was one hovering above my face. I usually do not open my eyes in the dark under any circumstances but for some reason I did the other night. Needless to say I was terrified in every sense of the word. From the beginning I have felt an overwhelming sense of evil and terror, but to have them getting so close is almost unbearable. I was talking about this with my mother and seriously considering seeing a psychiatrist. i decided to go online first and check it out. I was suprised to see that many people are having similar experiences. My question is, how do i get rid of the damn things? I do believe with all of my heart that they are evil in every sense of the word. I have seen what I am positive were ghosts more than a few times in my life and they were not at all menacing as these forms truly seem to be. One last thing, which I'm not sure is related at all but is worth taking a look at, it was just days after I first experienced this that my life as I knew it first began a journey of complete and total destruction that seems to still be going on. Things have happened that I could never fathom, sick and bizarre and truly unexplainable. i myself have done things that, looking back, I cannot explain or even honestly remember feeling present in my thoughts. Some of my memories feel as if I am watching a movie. I know I did it, i remember doing it but I don't remember being present in those moments. All I know is i went from being a normal, fairly mentally healthy person in a fairly normal life to being someone in some life I cannot even begin to understan or explain how I got there. I don't know if that makes any sense at all. Any ways. if anyone has any has any advice PLEASE let me know

Ok....Here goes

Yep, here it goes again :). Hi Windy, and welcome to UM. I'm chuckling mostly because questions like your's come here a lot and it usually devolves into a war of words that leaves the person asking behind. I'll try to avoid that.

As you have already said you are considering seeking medical help and advice, I will skip advising to do that if you doubt yourself in any way or find yourself becoming depressed or having self injurious thoughts (even getting down on yourself short of suicide is hurtful).

Some questions to ask yourself include your own inner religious views. The purpose for this is to take from that some comfort and strength and perhaps some of the defenses within it to bolster your confidence against this sort of thing. I tend to advocate that which has meaning to you, as the purpose is to bolster your confidence when you need it.

Indications seem to point to fear as being one of thier objectives, whatever they really are. They seem to strengthen on attention and fear and negative emotions. So, one goal is to reduce your fear of them.

Some like to say there are no hazards in the paranormal, it's all easy and just requires some remarkable inner strength and specialness, however, for me it has always been a learning process when I have been forced to deal with it. The latest debacle in my life has been disastrous on every level, but I am getting through it by focussing on what I have to do to get through it, and my absolute belief in a Creator who wishes me well and that there IS a way to beat this. It has taken about two years, but I am seeing it happen and things are finally coming around and I am, it is true, a lot stronger for it all. But, the price was high, which I feel you can empathize with. I also have learned the value of advice from some of the "experts", and it doesn't prove out. You have to learn on your own, when it comes down to it.

I advocate this - the focussing on what you believe, whatever it may be, and going with that which proves to work for you. If, as people respond, you find yourself resonating well with one of them, feel easy about pm-ing them for more specific advice. Nearly everyone here are willing to help the sincere.

Bottom line, those things do not have any right to torment you, but they like to pretend that they do and can be reluctant to decamp. Grow in your firmness, never give up, and go with what proves to work. If I were you, I'd also have someone who doesn't know about it to stay with me and find out if they see it as well. This may not prove it real or false, but it will be something to know as you debate between seeking medical help or not.

I have seen the ones who advocate it's all good out there and no problem, and have to assume they never faced a tarbaby like this. I have seen others who demonize it promptly, and advocate exorcism, however, they remain bothered to some degree. The only method which has worked for me is faith and perseverence.

I hope this helps you somewhat :).

JMO,

NS

Thanx for your response. It's nice to finally be able to talk about this. I don't know why but I have had myself convinced that if i talk about it or admit to myself that it might be real, then that's when I truly am crazy. But the absolute truth is that I KNOW they are real. I consider myself a very strong minded human being but experiences I've had the past few years had me questioning myself and everything around me. I also don't really scare too easy, but these things terrify me in a way i have never in my life experienced. Not even close. I don't know, I guess in the back of my mind I'm still afraid that there is something wrong with me. It's like some crazy battle I'm having with myself. Religion is something I am really confused about. i was raised believing in God but struggled with what i was taught. For years I felt rebellious against those beliefs but was scared that maybe i was wrong and if so i would go to hell. I'm speaking of my childhood, teenage years mostly. But as an adult I have sought some kind of spirituality that resonated with me. I've studied almost every school of religion imaginible but remain unconvinced. I don't know, I just want to stop being afraid. Afraid that I'm falling apart and afraid of the dark lol

But the absolute truth is that I KNOW they are real. I consider myself a very strong minded human being but experiences I've had the past few years had me questioning myself and everything around me. I also don't really scare too easy, but these things terrify me in a way i have never in my life experienced. Not even close.

Oh, I really do understand :). This is one of the pitfalls of delving into the occult, the trials by fire on your very sanity and challenging what you thought you knew before. Not that you have "delved", that is really not relevant, but you are exposed to some of it now and this is what happenes and is the psychological risk factor some folks here mention about it as a hazard. Not insurmountable, but it is a true trial and not everyone makes it out the other end with some rational concept of what it's all about.

And that sick cold inner dread these things live to force on you, in your very guts is enraging, isn't it? They can make you feel so helpless.

But, it IS a lie.

I don't know, I guess in the back of my mind I'm still afraid that there is something wrong with me. It's like some crazy battle I'm having with myself. Religion is something I am really confused about. i was raised believing in God but struggled with what i was taught. For years I felt rebellious against those beliefs but was scared that maybe i was wrong and if so i would go to hell. I'm speaking of my childhood, teenage years mostly. But as an adult I have sought some kind of spirituality that resonated with me. I've studied almost every school of religion imaginible but remain unconvinced. I don't know, I just want to stop being afraid. Afraid that I'm falling apart and afraid of the dark lol

You sound like me :). I have not much use for religion of any kind anymore, however, oddly enough, my faith in God/The Creator has grown a great deal. Don't fret about the religious stuff, is my advice, and when these things come, just pray to God for help and to make it go away, or open your eyes to learn what it may be there to teach you through the ordeal. Pray for protection. Keep doing it until you get that chill forced out of your guts. Do it again when it creeps back and you'll find it works and does lessen the fear grip these things need from you.

Some folks talk as if you should be able to just decide it doesn't bother you, just ignore them, and no big deal. But, I can't do the "shazaam!" thing and just be a super hero when the real nasties come out to play. Nothing wrong with my sanity at all. Praying simply to my Creator calms me and helps me get my mind off the creeps and back onto the strength and my belief in an actually pretty sweet reality here, and a finer one beyond it.

I know of no demon in hell or critter of malevolent intent who can overcome a person firmly fixed on the inherent love which underlies everything in all Creation. Not one. They must strike you there and make your doubt anything it takes to take you out.

If you are not sure of that underlying beauty and love, then add that to your prayers. Ask to begin to see it, to notice all the signs of beauty and love all around us. And if you need to leave a light on for a while, then do so. That is just a cultural thing made up to say that real adults sleep in total darkness. IMO, a real adult sleeps how they want to.

Once through this, you will know yourself better than folks who never do, if you just persevere and know others deal with it too, even if nobody really knows what these things are. I have some ideas and would like to hear your's if you care to share someday, but we don't know nearly half what we think we do.

You're alright, Windy, and not the only one by far. Stay tough and you will learn through necessity how to say no from your innermost self and mean it and make it stick. Nobody can take that away from you, once you have it :).

Doubt and fear are their tools. You need to strive to always grow in confidence and courage and will for good things. If a blessed crucifix or lovely crystal or scattering salt crystals all about your room helps you feel stronger in your faith, go for it. Just tools. It doesn't become superstition until you start believing in the tools, rather than why you are doing it, and in the Ultimate Toolmaker.

Just say no. It starts there.

Good wishes,

NS

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! (I know, late) I would like to thank everyone for all of your stories and advise/input. This thread had certainly become much than I originally thought it ever would. I hope this post has helped at least some of you, and likewise, I hope this gathered information can help us form so concrete FACT on these entities. I have been very busy lately, and must apologize for not being able to update and manage this post. If anyone feels that I need to gather all the new information and revise the OP again, feel free to PM me and let me know and I will get to that as soon as I am able. Happy Holidays to all, and I wish all of you and your families happiness in the coming new year!

Oh, I really do understand :) . This is one of the pitfalls of delving into the occult, the trials by fire on your very sanity and challenging what you thought you knew before. Not that you have "delved", that is really not relevant, but you are exposed to some of it now and this is what happenes and is the psychological risk factor some folks here mention about it as a hazard. Not insurmountable, but it is a true trial and not everyone makes it out the other end with some rational concept of what it's all about.

And that sick cold inner dread these things live to force on you, in your very guts is enraging, isn't it? They can make you feel so helpless.

But, it IS a lie.

You sound like me :) . I have not much use for religion of any kind anymore, however, oddly enough, my faith in God/The Creator has grown a great deal. Don't fret about the religious stuff, is my advice, and when these things come, just pray to God for help and to make it go away, or open your eyes to learn what it may be there to teach you through the ordeal. Pray for protection. Keep doing it until you get that chill forced out of your guts. Do it again when it creeps back and you'll find it works and does lessen the fear grip these things need from you.

Some folks talk as if you should be able to just decide it doesn't bother you, just ignore them, and no big deal. But, I can't do the "shazaam!" thing and just be a super hero when the real nasties come out to play. Nothing wrong with my sanity at all. Praying simply to my Creator calms me and helps me get my mind off the creeps and back onto the strength and my belief in an actually pretty sweet reality here, and a finer one beyond it.

I know of no demon in hell or critter of malevolent intent who can overcome a person firmly fixed on the inherent love which underlies everything in all Creation. Not one. They must strike you there and make your doubt anything it takes to take you out.

If you are not sure of that underlying beauty and love, then add that to your prayers. Ask to begin to see it, to notice all the signs of beauty and love all around us. And if you need to leave a light on for a while, then do so. That is just a cultural thing made up to say that real adults sleep in total darkness. IMO, a real adult sleeps how they want to.

Once through this, you will know yourself better than folks who never do, if you just persevere and know others deal with it too, even if nobody really knows what these things are. I have some ideas and would like to hear your's if you care to share someday, but we don't know nearly half what we think we do.

You're alright, Windy, and not the only one by far. Stay tough and you will learn through necessity how to say no from your innermost self and mean it and make it stick. Nobody can take that away from you, once you have it :) .

Doubt and fear are their tools. You need to strive to always grow in confidence and courage and will for good things. If a blessed crucifix or lovely crystal or scattering salt crystals all about your room helps you feel stronger in your faith, go for it. Just tools. It doesn't become superstition until you start believing in the tools, rather than why you are doing it, and in the Ultimate Toolmaker.

Just say no. It starts there.

Good wishes,

NS

Great advice ((Nile)) JN

Thanx again for the advice. I will try your suggestions. To be honest the thought of prayer arises nearly every time this happens but for some reason I hold back. i think maybe it's because i feel like a hippocrate praying all of a sudden just because I'm scared. I do understand what you're saying though and will definitely give it a try. I feel stronger already being able to talk about it and knowing I am not alone in this.

Oh yeah, to answer your question, I really can't imagine what those things are. At first because the first experience happened in my mother in laws house I thought it was my deceased husband. The whole idea of that makes me ill. I don't thnk that at all anymore though. All I know is that whatever it is it is bad news. At least that's the feeling I get.

Thanx again for the advice. I will try your suggestions. To be honest the thought of prayer arises nearly every time this happens but for some reason I hold back. i think maybe it's because i feel like a hippocrate praying all of a sudden just because I'm scared. I do understand what you're saying though and will definitely give it a try. I feel stronger already being able to talk about it and knowing I am not alone in this.

I think when you turn away from God or religion, and become caught up in what to, and what not to believe in, we become more vulnerable to the spiritual realm. Its my belief that everyone needs something to believe in, whatever God, is your choice, but our God is a forgiving one, so you are not a hyporcite for asking for his help at this time of your life. Negative entities and such, feed off our fear and also our lack of faith, so the stronger you become, the weaker they become so its a win win situation. You could also try to pray to St.Michael he is the protector against evil, and even once a day or before bed, could help your situation as well.. Good luck..JN