Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Collected "Facts" about shadow people.

Amarali2012

Asking why there are here is the same as asking why we are here. I wouldn't tackle that question because there is no answer. :hmm:

Well there is, but it is most likely too deep for any of us to fathom. It will also probably never be truly discovered, which is why we have these theories.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amarali2012

• Aanica

• veledran

• JustNormal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was little I use to see shadow people sometimes white, sometimes black. I use to be freaked out because I was little and that it didn't seem normal. I would tell my mother and father about "seeing" them out of the corner of my eye, figures that walked back and forth. My father would tell me to ignore it because ghost can't hurt you, only real people can. My mother told me to ask my great grandmother. When I asked my grandmother she stated that the shadow people that were black were bad and the white ones were there to protect me from the bad ones. My childhood wasn't very "chipper" so I personally believe that may have been a factor. But I did notice the older I got the more I would ignore and not see them as often. Though I "sense" that I may not be alone sometimes or see a shadow person, I force myself to ignore it. I believe that we all can "see" but some see just a little better than others. This is just my own opinion.

When I was little I use to see shadow people sometimes white, sometimes black. I use to be freaked out because I was little and that it didn't seem normal. I would tell my mother and father about "seeing" them out of the corner of my eye, figures that walked back and forth. My father would tell me to ignore it because ghost can't hurt you, only real people can. My mother told me to ask my great grandmother. When I asked my grandmother she stated that the shadow people that were black were bad and the white ones were there to protect me from the bad ones. My childhood wasn't very "chipper" so I personally believe that may have been a factor. But I did notice the older I got the more I would ignore and not see them as often. Though I "sense" that I may not be alone sometimes or see a shadow person, I force myself to ignore it. I believe that we all can "see" but some see just a little better than others. This is just my own opinion.

Thank you for your reply! We welcome any and all stories and theories on the Shadow Men.

Okay, maybe I misunderstood the information presented about shadow people. I thought they were spirits; thus, non-physical beings. How, precisely, would one ever capture one of them?

Okay, maybe I misunderstood the information presented about shadow people. I thought they were spirits; thus, non-physical beings. How, precisely, would one ever capture one of them?

if they take the form of shadows but are completely black then they are basically shadows. first off, have any of you ever seen one that isn't connected to another shadow? maybe they can only use shadows to move? right?

thats why i said tryin to get one in a room then have multple lights take away every shadow thats inside the room, making it isolated with no shadows to connect to to move.

just a theory buts sounds promising.

and just for your guys information; i am 16 and have very little proper sightings

From the few stories of friends and acquaintances that were eyewitnesses, they've seen shadow people outside in daytime free standing behind things like a normal person, and also seen them walk along an outside porch and when they passed a window, they were suddenly in the room.

From the few stories of friends and acquaintances that were eyewitnesses, they've seen shadow people outside in daytime free standing behind things like a normal person, and also seen them walk along an outside porch and when they passed a window, they were suddenly in the room.

guess this idea scraps my trapping then watching through a window idea but even though, if we were to take away all available shadows for them to attatch then it may work.

if they take the form of shadows but are completely black then they are basically shadows. first off, have any of you ever seen one that isn't connected to another shadow? maybe they can only use shadows to move? right?

thats why i said tryin to get one in a room then have multple lights take away every shadow thats inside the room, making it isolated with no shadows to connect to to move.

just a theory buts sounds promising.

and just for your guys information; i am 16 and have very little proper sightings

The only problem with that theory is they may look like shadows, but one thing can be ruled out. They're not shadows. A shadow is made when light is diffused around another object. Basically, a shadow is an absence of light. So by that account, having lights in a room serves no purpose other than giving the people in there light to see by. They look dark and shadowy in appearance, but they don't have the same properties of a shadow. :tu:

guess this idea scraps my trapping then watching through a window idea but even though, if we were to take away all available shadows for them to attatch then it may work.

Still forgetting that they are not actual shadows. Read my posting above.

hmm, I've read your posts... Sorry but I think you are just dreaming. You can't trap theses things. From the encounter I had, I beleive they can come and vanish at will. They are some sort of extra-dimensionnal beings. And also, they are probably always many steps ahead of any of us at any time, so there is no use at all in trying to outwit them.

If you are meant to see them, they will pop up one day, but you should'nt wish so, to me they are related to demonic entities, nothing you want have contact with.

yes but it would seem they need the shadows to live/move. take the shadows away the being has nothing to hide in or move in

Edited by deviltrigger

yes but it woul seem they need the shadows to live/move. take the shadows away the being has nothing to hide in or move in

That's not a good deduction since by that account, anything that's dark colored would be part of the shadows. Sorry, but shadows are not a living theing, but only an absence of light. Nothing more. The "shadow" beings are more likely extra-dimensional. Not actual shadows. :no:

That's not a good deduction since by that account, anything that's dark colored would be part of the shadows. Sorry, but shadows are not a living theing, but only an absence of light. Nothing more. The "shadow" beings are more likely extra-dimensional. Not actual shadows. :no:

then why do they resemble and hide in shadows. i know they arnt really shadows but they live in shadows though. if they werent somehow attacted to shadows then you would see them walking in broad daylight or whenever.

then why do they resemble and hide in shadows. i know they arnt really shadows but they live in shadows though. if they werent somehow attacted to shadows then you would see them walking in broad daylight or whenever.

Monkeys resemble humans, but they aren't humans. Having something resemble something else doesn't make it the same thing. But I can say this, when I've seen them, it never mattered whether it was light or dark. Broad daylight I've seen them. Overcast days I've seen them. Night time I've seen them. Indoors/outdoors I've seen them. The light does not matter, nor does the darkness. :tu:

ok so, meiliken, describe fully what they have looked like and any ways of determining them from shadows.

Edited by deviltrigger

ok so, meiliken, describe fully what they have looked like and any ways of determining them from shadows.

For me they've looked like black patches of pure darkness. Rare, and usually followed by many patches of pure light. It's almost as if the pure light spheres are guarding the black spheres. The number of light spheres seem to outnumber the black spheres 1000-1. Since light is around them, and they don't have a shadow of their own, they don't displace light, and they are not ethereal/smokey/misty. Shadows are only made by displacing light. Sometimes they're not spheres, but humanoid shape, but that only happens when I concentrate to see them. Usually the dark ones follow bad people, the light ones follow good people. When the dark ones are following bad people, there is always a higher number of light ones following the dark sphere. This is what leads me to believe the dark are bad/corrupt, the light good/pure. I have no other explanation than that after I looked through all scientific analyses'.

ok so, do you see everyone have one following them or a select few? and do you seem to be the only one who sees them?

Monkeys resemble humans, but they aren't humans. Having something resemble something else doesn't make it the same thing. But I can say this, when I've seen them, it never mattered whether it was light or dark. Broad daylight I've seen them. Overcast days I've seen them. Night time I've seen them. Indoors/outdoors I've seen them. The light does not matter, nor does the darkness. :tu:

This is very true - great post!

I've seen them countless times, and they can show up at any given time of day, regardless of weather or if a lot of people are around or if you're alone. I think you have to be sensitive to 'presences' in order to see them, which is probably why one can be seen flitting through a crowded room and only one or two people actually see them. I've seen them outside in broad daylight (as you mention) and at night while we were all sitting around watching TV. The original poster had some great links and I agree with a lot of what was posted on those sites he/she referenced. A quote from one of them is particularly useful:

Characteristics of a Shadow Person:

* Male-like though gender is not obvious. - [Agreed, the majority of the ones I've seen were "male" in shape/form]

* Could be female in nature, but very rare. [again, this is true, I've seen maybe four that appeared to be female]

* Usually very tall like 7 feet, but can be short. [The ones I've seen were all of average human height, unless they were partially-manifested, but what portion of it I did see was of normal human proportion]

* Usually seen in a trench coat/cloak, or old fashion type over coat. [The 'male' shadows I've seen never had 'hats' or any clothing I could discern. The few female sightings I had seemed to be wearing long, lacy, old-fashioned skirts, though]

* Usually has a big hat: Example top hat. [Never saw one with a hat]

* 3-D in shape or opaque. [i've seen both, but mostly the 'clear' ones]

* No eyes, though occasionally red eyes have been reported but rare. [Never saw any red eyes]

* Extremely fast almost like lightning speed. [About 90% of the ones I've seen were moving very fast - just streaked by. I have seen several that just stood there or 'ambled by' at a regular human walking pace]

* Usually very silent. [Agreed - I have never heard one speak, but I've heard a low humming/droning buzz around the times I've had a sighting, though]

* Seem to have mass. [[Agreed - the 'solid' ones do]

* Seem to be able to defy common laws of physics (ex: can move through walls).

[Yes, they do this too. I saw one walk through a sliding glass door, and another walked through a wall]

* Can look spirit like/demonic.

Classifications of Shadow People:

* Bedroom Invaders:

Sentinels: They stand in corners of rooms and watch you (usually found in corners, doorways, or closets).

Yes, have one that lurks in our house's main hallway, usually by the bathroom door. *I read somewhere that they're drawn to water and will tend to hang out in kitchens and bathrooms for whatever reason...

Lurkers: They will lurk around a house in bedrooms and hallways watching you

Predators: Very rare type. The fear builds up and then disappears. There is a threat of injury and aggressive behavior, but there are no physical injuries. You may feel like your suffocating, or being pinched.

I've seen the 'Lurkers' but never encountered a 'predator'

* Visitors: Seem like they are from another world or other than human.

AGREED. In every occurrence where I've witnessed one of these things, the 'impression' I got was that they're simply 'observing' and that they speed away out of sight when they become aware that we can see them. It's because of this 'feeling' that I get the impression that they're either interdimensional or time travelers of some kind - sort of like 'tourists' that can see and hear us very well, but we can't really do the same -- mainly because we only perceive 3 dimensions and they're from a 4th or a 5th....

* MTB (Mind Their own Business): They show up on pathways. They are usually seen walking down hallways, pathways etc. They usually follow a track or specific path. They seem like they are going somewhere. They seem to have an objective, with or without the presence of humans.

Again, I think this is true. I've encountered ones that KNEW I saw them and they fled from my sight, while others seemed to do whatever they wanted regardless of whether they knew I saw them or not. Yes, they do seem to be 'going somewhere.' Sometimes I wonder if they are, in fact, following 'ley lines' we may not be aware of.

* Omens: They are associated with bad luck, or death. They get attached to people or families. The person’s feelings of bad luck will not go away unless the shadow person goes away. If you see an Omen you may go bankrupt, a break up with a boyfriend/girlfriend, divorce, loss of job etc. Omens may show up in your bedroom.

I think the same, but only from a 'historical tourist' perspective. Imagine this: if you could travel backward in time at will, what would be the first things you'd go see? The days preceding a great tragedy or a person's (ancestor's?) death and so on. What if you could observe but must not be seen by those you're watching because then it messes up the space/time continuum. What if they can't completely come back into our time or in our dimension, only 'partially' (due to laws of quantum physics we've yet to discover) and thus appear to us only as 'shadows' ???

* Haunters: Lurk around haunted locations. Example: Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Kentucky.

I think the shadows in a reputedly haunted location might in this case be a residual haunting rather than an actual sentient spirit --in most cases.

....interesting stuff.

Thanks for the above post, VividDreamer. You've clearly given this subject a lot of thought. In particular, classifying shadow people into main types ought to make reports of them more specific and help bring to light (so to speak) differences in their behavior. What I find most intriguing--and spooky--about these reports of shadow people is the fact that, unlike residual hauntings and even many intelligent hauntings, these shadow people are apparently aware of the person who's seeing them, and, furthermore, that they often flee or disappear when they notice they've been detected. That response does suggest that shadow people are watching us, studying us, for some reason. . . . Very ominous, indeed.

This is very true - great post!

I've seen them countless times, and they can show up at any given time of day, regardless of weather or if a lot of people are around or if you're alone. I think you have to be sensitive to 'presences' in order to see them, which is probably why one can be seen flitting through a crowded room and only one or two people actually see them. I've seen them outside in broad daylight (as you mention) and at night while we were all sitting around watching TV. The original poster had some great links and I agree with a lot of what was posted on those sites he/she referenced. A quote from one of them is particularly useful:

Characteristics of a Shadow Person:

* Male-like though gender is not obvious. - [Agreed, the majority of the ones I've seen were "male" in shape/form]

* Could be female in nature, but very rare. [again, this is true, I've seen maybe four that appeared to be female]

* Usually very tall like 7 feet, but can be short. [The ones I've seen were all of average human height, unless they were partially-manifested, but what portion of it I did see was of normal human proportion]

* Usually seen in a trench coat/cloak, or old fashion type over coat. [The 'male' shadows I've seen never had 'hats' or any clothing I could discern. The few female sightings I had seemed to be wearing long, lacy, old-fashioned skirts, though]

* Usually has a big hat: Example top hat. [Never saw one with a hat]

* 3-D in shape or opaque. [i've seen both, but mostly the 'clear' ones]

* No eyes, though occasionally red eyes have been reported but rare. [Never saw any red eyes]

* Extremely fast almost like lightning speed. [About 90% of the ones I've seen were moving very fast - just streaked by. I have seen several that just stood there or 'ambled by' at a regular human walking pace]

* Usually very silent. [Agreed - I have never heard one speak, but I've heard a low humming/droning buzz around the times I've had a sighting, though]

* Seem to have mass. [[Agreed - the 'solid' ones do]

* Seem to be able to defy common laws of physics (ex: can move through walls).

[Yes, they do this too. I saw one walk through a sliding glass door, and another walked through a wall]

* Can look spirit like/demonic.

Classifications of Shadow People:

* Bedroom Invaders:

Sentinels: They stand in corners of rooms and watch you (usually found in corners, doorways, or closets).

Yes, have one that lurks in our house's main hallway, usually by the bathroom door. *I read somewhere that they're drawn to water and will tend to hang out in kitchens and bathrooms for whatever reason...

Lurkers: They will lurk around a house in bedrooms and hallways watching you

Predators: Very rare type. The fear builds up and then disappears. There is a threat of injury and aggressive behavior, but there are no physical injuries. You may feel like your suffocating, or being pinched.

I've seen the 'Lurkers' but never encountered a 'predator'

* Visitors: Seem like they are from another world or other than human.

AGREED. In every occurrence where I've witnessed one of these things, the 'impression' I got was that they're simply 'observing' and that they speed away out of sight when they become aware that we can see them. It's because of this 'feeling' that I get the impression that they're either interdimensional or time travelers of some kind - sort of like 'tourists' that can see and hear us very well, but we can't really do the same -- mainly because we only perceive 3 dimensions and they're from a 4th or a 5th....

* MTB (Mind Their own Business): They show up on pathways. They are usually seen walking down hallways, pathways etc. They usually follow a track or specific path. They seem like they are going somewhere. They seem to have an objective, with or without the presence of humans.

Again, I think this is true. I've encountered ones that KNEW I saw them and they fled from my sight, while others seemed to do whatever they wanted regardless of whether they knew I saw them or not. Yes, they do seem to be 'going somewhere.' Sometimes I wonder if they are, in fact, following 'ley lines' we may not be aware of.

* Omens: They are associated with bad luck, or death. They get attached to people or families. The person’s feelings of bad luck will not go away unless the shadow person goes away. If you see an Omen you may go bankrupt, a break up with a boyfriend/girlfriend, divorce, loss of job etc. Omens may show up in your bedroom.

I think the same, but only from a 'historical tourist' perspective. Imagine this: if you could travel backward in time at will, what would be the first things you'd go see? The days preceding a great tragedy or a person's (ancestor's?) death and so on. What if you could observe but must not be seen by those you're watching because then it messes up the space/time continuum. What if they can't completely come back into our time or in our dimension, only 'partially' (due to laws of quantum physics we've yet to discover) and thus appear to us only as 'shadows' ???

* Haunters: Lurk around haunted locations. Example: Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Kentucky.

I think the shadows in a reputedly haunted location might in this case be a residual haunting rather than an actual sentient spirit --in most cases.

....interesting stuff.

WOW! Thank you VERY much for this wonderful addition! BTW for those who have not fully read my revision of the OP on page eight, NO ONE has determined whether or not these entities are ghosts, or a supernatural being. Also, we do not know if they are made of/from what they are thought to be: shadows. But they DO follow a few rules that apply to "real" shadows. The CANNOT go through an object and if they can then it backs up the theory that they ARE ghosts, and they are NOT completely see through, or invisible. In addition, a few personal accounts suggest that they may even be solid, and/or, can be harmed by physical attacks, although no one has ever reported be able to do so.

ok so, do you see everyone have one following them or a select few? and do you seem to be the only one who sees them?

I don't ask if others see them here. But no not everyone has them. Most people have none. I learned a long time ago not to talk to people I know about these things. I once had to have a psycho eval, and it of course found me perfectly sane. No one ever did a cat scan on me, which I've always wanted. Always wanted to see what my cerebral synapses looked like compared to others.

WOW! Thank you VERY much for this wonderful addition! BTW for those who have not fully read my revision of the OP on page eight, NO ONE has determined whether or not these entities are ghosts, or a supernatural being. Also, we do not know if they are made of/from what they are thought to be: shadows. But they DO follow a few rules that apply to "real" shadows. The CANNOT go through an object and if they can then it backs up the theory that they ARE ghosts, and they are NOT completely see through, or invisible. In addition, a few personal accounts suggest that they may even be solid, and/or, can be harmed by physical attacks, although no one has ever reported be able to do so.

Capitalising certain words puts emphasis on them as if stating a fact. They've not been substantiated as fact, only supposition insofar. Still, if you read my posting a few earlier about the explanation of what constitutes a shadow with light in the elctromagnetic spectrum, you'll see the idea of being made of "shadows" is impossible. If not shadows, and not a physical being, then the only things left is either mental alteration in the one who see it, or they're interdimensional beings.

Capitalising certain words puts emphasis on them as if stating a fact. They've not been substantiated as fact, only supposition insofar. Still, if you read my posting a few earlier about the explanation of what constitutes a shadow with light in the elctromagnetic spectrum, you'll see the idea of being made of "shadows" is impossible. If not shadows, and not a physical being, then the only things left is either mental alteration in the one who see it, or they're interdimensional beings.

I have never heard of or seen a Shadow Man pass through an object (until just now), or one that was completely see through, nor has anyone confirmed that they are in fact ghosts. We know that ghosts can pass through walls and can also be see through. If Shadow Men are ghosts, then they can do/be both. I personally believe that they are supernatural beings, or as you said "inter dimensional beings". The reason I believe this theory is because of the aforementioned. I have seen them run from physical objects as if they were afraid of pain. If they can become intangible, they have no need to fear these things. BTW, I stated in the very beginning of the OP that I make no claims to any of my data being fact. I apologize if you got that idea. In the newly revised OP on page eight, I stated that certain information has been widely agreed upon to be common, and as such, is "treated as fact" by myself and several others. BUT I would also like to emphasize that I am always open to change my beliefs in the light of new ideas and theories, and that I do not believe my data to be fact either. In any case, I apologize if I misled you, or offended you, and thank you for your post.

very interesting indeed. The know your there but following specific routes or observing shows that they have scientific intelligence. Like we are all a load of specimens in an experiment and we are being watched for results. Could this possibly be a real "matrix"? just a thought. The following their own paths knowing of us or observing just makes me picture them as scientists in a lab, walking around their lab full of experimental subjects.