Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Collected "Facts" about shadow people.

Amarali2012

Since we had several items at Somerset City Cemetery involving Shadow People, I will go ahead and post them. This excludes the EVP.

During a much longer investigation we had three main encounters with shadow people.

1 - During the investigation, we would on occasion see heads and bodies behind gravestones, peering out at us.

2 - A member had to return to a vehicle and retrieve a recorder that he forgot. On his way back we saw him walking on the sidewalk outside of the cemetery with someone else following closely behind him. He reported that there was no one. (well lit area)

3 - One member who was sensitive said he felt something in the woods, right where it joined the cemetery. We had a growing feeling of uneasiness as we approached the area. We began to notice many more shadow people peering from the stones and later, when we reviewed the tapes we had someone talking on the tapes (not us, and we did not hear it) when we got by the woods. It was nothing but constant cussing and threatening language.

I'll add some day time photos of the cemetery in a few minutes...

YES please! And Oh, BTW, YAAYY! More theories! These wood peekers in your story are known as "sentinels" and are often seen "posted" like guards. Hmmm... Maybe they are guarding/watching to see who is i the area, or maybe to see who, if anyone, wanders into their territory, the woods. Makes you wonder. Did any of you go into the woods?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amarali2012

• Aanica

• veledran

• JustNormal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did any of you go into the woods?

I left due to unease and because earlier I was 'touched' by an orb and the hand that came in contact with it became very cold to the touch. So another member and myself left to try and warm it up (took a few hours).

Hey,I'm new to these forums(whole site really ^_^ ) and I somehow wandered into this topic.After I read a few pages,I felt I absolutely had to register and everything just for a simple question.It might seem stupid,but just honestly answer the question please.

Before or after you first saw one of the shadow people,have you tried to hear something that wasn't there?

I am sorry, but I have NO idea what you mean. Are you trying to ask if any of us tried to listen and see if the shadows were talking? My answer is no. I personally would NEVER attempt to talk to one of them. My reasons are listed in the OP. Another member has a recording he collected during some research, but he stated that he no proof that it was a shadow who spoke.

Hey,I'm new to these forums(whole site really ^_^ ) and I somehow wandered into this topic.After I read a few pages,I felt I absolutely had to register and everything just for a simple question.It might seem stupid,but just honestly answer the question please.

Before or after you first saw one of the shadow people,have you tried to hear something that wasn't there?

Never heard one make any noise. Usually it's something along the lines of "you turn around, see one, and they try as fast as possible to hide".

Like 'ghost ninjas' :lol:

My third and final addition is on shadow "creatures" or animals. As the name implies, these are obviously not shadow people or shadow men. Most accounts of these guys describe them as cat-like, birds or bats and other flying creatures, small imp-like /demonic humanoid shapes, or other indescribable shapes and/or blob-like masses. In short, their description varies just as much as their "human" counterparts. I have next to no information this type of entity. What I do have is this: they are usually associated with the coming of a larger more powerful presence. Many of us believe that they will gather near a place when a more powerful entity is about to manifest. Maybe they are its minions, or messengers, and are checking out the area before their master arrives. They could be bottom feeders looking to siphon some energy from a larger source that will likely not notice. Or the more popular theory: shadow pets. No one really knows.

As I've mentioned before those I've seen would appear just *before* something (usually horrible) manifest itself to me. Almost always when these odd shaped shadows DO appear there's an automatic and very overwhelming sense of doom, dread, fear, sadness, depression, etc,.. I can't put one word on it that describes it, but many words.. I've seen them always in groups.. more than three, or even five or more. Some larger and some smaller. When something does manifest they are always still in the background, but not as close to me as they were before this something did show itself. iow, they never really leave until that *something* also goes..

As I've mentioned before those I've seen would appear just *before* something (usually horrible) manifest itself to me. Almost always when these odd shaped shadows DO appear there's an automatic and very overwhelming sense of doom, dread, fear, sadness, depression, etc,.. I can't put one word on it that describes it, but many words.. I've seen them always in groups.. more than three, or even five or more. Some larger and some smaller. When something does manifest they are always still in the background, but not as close to me as they were before this something did show itself. iow, they never really leave until that *something* also goes..

Thank you, all the information we can get is important and helpful.

Like I said it was a stupid question,it was based off a story I heard(most likely fake) but the Shadow People sounded like what happens if you were to do it.

Like I said it was a stupid question,it was based off a story I heard(most likely fake) but the Shadow People sounded like what happens if you were to do it.

Do not feel bad, there are no stupid questions. Your are here because you wanted an answer. Please share this story with us if you like. We are still compiling evidence to form a concrete theory on these creatures. And please list the source if you can.

Ok,I'll try to find it,and if it's deleted,then I'll just type up the relevant stuff.

Thank you. BTW if you click the "reply" button at the bottom right of post you are replying to, it will include the quote and the member's name. As you can see this gets confusing.

This isn't it,but this might be one of the Shadow People

Ok , well once my friend was staying over at my house and we wee walking downstairs to the livingrom at 11:53pm and it was reallly dark...So we were walking down to go watch some tv and than once we got down there , there was smething crawling on the carpet like , it looked like a man in dark clothing crawling on it and my friend said "Dude wtf is that???"And i paniced alittle and said back "i have no idea...Dude go upstairs now!!!"So we went to the 2nd floor and rn into my bedroom and turned the tv on in there And we paniced alittle and than we saw a shadow at the door...And thats where i turned the lamp on...And turned the flashlight towards the door and than the shadow just dissapeared and the next morning we woke up and we saw a BIG scratch on the side of my bed (has never been there)and no i have NO PETS at all...So i paniced ALOT so we went downstairs it was about 11AM and so me and my friend grabbed some breakfast...And so we both where pretty speechless...While we were eating...And than i finally said to him "What happened last night , do you know?"

And he said "Yes , dude...That was real!"

And so i turned my head to where we saw the shadowish thing at in the livingroom and all i saw was reguler carpet than i could have sworn wen i looked into my cereal i was eating honey nut cheerios and i saw the word "DEAD" and than i took a quick blink..and it was back to normal...AND YES THAT IS A TRUE STORY....

The date it happened on was 3 weeks ago...lolz SCARY!

This isn't it,but this might be one of the Shadow People

This does not sound like a Shadow Man, unless I misunderstood. No offense, but PLEASE use the spell check. LOL No I have never heard of a Shadow Man making threats or destroying property. Also this story seems to be VERY exaggerated.

This does not sound like a Shadow Man, unless I misunderstood. No offense, but PLEASE use the spell check. LOL No I have never heard of a Shadow Man making threats or destroying property. Also this story seems to be VERY exaggerated.

That's not mine,and that's not it.I can't find it,and I've given up on finding it.However I look foward to reading more about the Shadow People.

That's not mine,and that's not it.I can't find it,and I've given up on finding it.However I look foward to reading more about the Shadow People.

Well I apologize. Thank you though.

QUOTE "My third and final addition is on shadow "creatures" or animals. As the name implies, these are obviously not shadow people or shadow men. Most accounts of these guys describe them as cat-like, birds or bats and other flying creatures, small imp-like /demonic humanoid shapes, or other indescribable shapes and/or blob-like masses. In short, their description varies just as much as their "human" counterparts. I have next to no information this type of entity. What I do have is this: they are usually associated with the coming of a larger more powerful presence. Many of us believe that they will gather near a place when a more powerful entity is about to manifest. Maybe they are its minions, or messengers, and are checking out the area before their master arrives. They could be bottom feeders looking to siphon some energy from a larger source that will likely not notice. Or the more popular theory: shadow pets. No one really knows."

This I have seen and they were imp or demon looking There were several at one time and I had two friends see them also we were very scared

Edited by Aanica

QUOTE "My third and final addition is on shadow "creatures" or animals. As the name implies, these are obviously not shadow people or shadow men. Most accounts of these guys describe them as cat-like, birds or bats and other flying creatures, small imp-like /demonic humanoid shapes, or other indescribable shapes and/or blob-like masses. In short, their description varies just as much as their "human" counterparts. I have next to no information this type of entity. What I do have is this: they are usually associated with the coming of a larger more powerful presence. Many of us believe that they will gather near a place when a more powerful entity is about to manifest. Maybe they are its minions, or messengers, and are checking out the area before their master arrives. They could be bottom feeders looking to siphon some energy from a larger source that will likely not notice. Or the more popular theory: shadow pets. No one really knows."

This I have seen and they were imp or demon looking There were several at one time and I had two friends see them also we were very scared

When I see them, they are usually grouped together in small hoards in one area. I think they are a kind of lesser minion with an overseer.

When I see them, they are usually grouped together in small hoards in one area. I think they are a kind of lesser minion with an overseer.
Yes they were grouped togeather and I know it sounds wild but they were in a circle like they were dancing we were in the Cali dunes...I have searched a long time to find information on them cant thank you enough... Edited by Aanica

I've been reading this over the last few days and felt compelled to add my own sightings to this. I usually go around on here reading, but haven't felt like posting until I found this thread.

We moved into my family's current house about five years ago now and since then I've seen a shadow person on a fairly regular basis. Until about a year or so ago I thought it was the ghost of the former owner, who built the house. But then I ran across information on shadow people and I gradually began to see how much better it matched up to it.

Mine seems harmless, and I normally see it once a night, sometimes more. Give or take. I just recently went through a period of two weeks where it didn't make itself visible, and the last few nights its returned to regularly watching me from the entrance of the living room while I work on the computer or read.

See, there's stairs leading up from the front door where it stands, and a half wall seperates this area from the living room. it forms this nice little T of doors, and it stands in the exact middle. Sometimes when I spot it it just appears to fade away into thin air, but other times it'll duck down the stairs, rush down the hallway, or dive into the kitchen and spy on me by popping its head over the halfwall there.

It even made a rare early evening appearance tonight, just an hour ago ( at 8:30pm) in its spot. I saw it when I was turning back around in the dining room from letting the dog out and startled it. it was a darker shade than usual, and seemed happier than the last time.

The other night I got a feeling that it was a bit upset about something before it vanished. I don't know how to explain it other than I know it wasn't my own. Generally he doesn't startle me when he appears, though there are times. Its more surprise than fear, really.

I am also an Empath, so It may have something to do with that. Or that's the general feeling I've gotten.

It seems to be more interested in me than the rest of my family, something that intrigues me since my father used to dabble in the paranormal and is also an empath. Then again, I normally see it between 10pm-4 or 5am, and I'm up late on a regular basis.

We have a household of animals (2 cats, a dog, a rabbit, and some Degus, reminescent of ground squirrels) and they seem to notice when our shadow person is around. When we first moved in both the cats would hiss or hide, but now they just look right at it and blink. It doesn't seem to threaten them now, and they're used to it. It is a very weird thing, to see two cats and a dog barking and screeching at a space in the living room where nothing is there. Not a fly.

I think the most memorable story concerning our shadow person was when I was turning in for the night about a year and a half ago. My bedroom is downstairs. I was thirsty, so I came back up and got a bottle of water. When I started down the stairs again, however, I heard a steady, slow thump of footsteps behind me. They sounded every ten seconds counting or so behind me, and as if a foot was being set down heavily. I thought it was one of the cats, as she often makes a very similar sound and will follow me down the stairs so that we can play through the railing. But when I reached the front door landing and turned around, nothing was there. I waited for the sound and, without fail, it continued to sound, coming closer and closer down the stairs. when it was two steps from the landing I continued down to the basement, where I stopped and listened as it walked around the front door landing and started down the last flight towards where I stood. I went into my room again when it was about two steps from the landing, and shut the door. I waited and listened as it eventually hit the basement landing, and then it was silent, like it had disappeared. Ever since, I usually burn some incense in my room and pray with it before I sleep. (This happening may not have been the shadow person, but I felt it worth mentioning)

I used to, every now and again, see the shadow person in my bedroom near the door (which I always shut). I got very mad one night because I didn't like the feeling of being "watched" as I slept. After seeing it several times while reading in bed one night I asked it as politely as possible if it could please stay out of the room, that it was my area and I didn't like having it invaded. I said I knew it didn't mean it, but it was unnerving and I needed to sleep without the feeling of being watched. It seems to have honored this and I haven't seen it in my room since. (This was while I still thought it was a normal ghost)

Whatever it is, it only seems to want to observe me, and while I've never felt terror or dread in its presence, there are nights where the mood or feeling in the house shifts. Its hard to explain, as its not fear or dread, but almost a heaviness in the air. A thrill goes through you and you just feel excited. Not scared, just like a sudden adrenaline rush when its seen and curiosity.

I think it is similar in some regards to a person in the fact that these observed "moods" and "Feelings" change night to night, sighting to sighting. And since I tend to take on, to a degree, the emotions around me, it can feel like your bouyant when you see it and light or as if something is out of place and wrong. Its very strange.

I hope this helps some, and isn't too confusing. I haven't really typed the experience out before. I'll try to post more as I continue to have sightings.

I'm just glad mine doesn't seem aggressive or threatening, or is a red eyed being.

It also doesn't seem to be hooded.

I've been reading this over the last few days and felt compelled to add my own sightings to this. I usually go around on here reading, but haven't felt like posting until I found this thread.

I hope this helps some, and isn't too confusing. I haven't really typed the experience out before. I'll try to post more as I continue to have sightings.

I'm just glad mine doesn't seem aggressive or threatening, or is a red eyed being.

It also doesn't seem to be hooded.

WOW! Thank you for your story! And welcome to UM. This ONE story alone supports many of my theories, which are all listed in the revised OP. I am also an empath, and yes they do like people with "extra abilities". The fact that you have only been in your house a few years and that he can freely move about is a supporting fact to my theory that they are assigned to watch certain people. You moved to a new location so he may have been granted "freedom of movement" to continue watching you. And you also say he seemed darker and happier. This would support my theory on their darker shade meaning an increase in their presence. That they grow more powerful with age, and darker as they gain a more physical presence. Also animals a a VERY good judge of character. If they are cool with him, it is a safe bet that he is no threat, but I would guess that from your story anyway.

I'm not sure he can move completely free yet, actually. This particular area of the house is quite shadowy and he doesn't stray from it often. when he's done a dash through the kitchen (which often only has the stovelight on) there is still some shadows for him to stay in, though they are very light and close to the wall. But there definitely have been times when he's been free of shadows or darker than normal--like tonight. But still in that usual place, by the stairs and the entrance to the living room. I got a better gage because it was almost a direct facing forward sighting. I don't think he expected me to turn around so quickly.

Yeah, he seems harmless, so I haven't tried to bless the house or smoke it out with sage. I think its a pleasant truce: he gives me great ghost stories to tell the friends, and he gets to continue on with whatever he feels required to do.

Yeah, all the animals seem fine with him now. It was only when we intitially moved into the place. Our smaller cat, while she doesn't hide now and slink when she sees him anymore, still pays a fair amount of attention to him. If I sense he's in a bad mood after a sighting I just cart one of the cats with me to bed, in case he decides to go against my wishes and follow me into the bedroom. But its been two years since I requested him to stay out of there and he hasn't entered once since.

Oh, its nice to meet another empath! I've been gradually controlling it more as I've found out more about it. Any advice would be appreciated, if you'd like to PM on it more.

Yes, they do seem to hang around people with abilities or an general interest in the paranormal, it seems. I would like to know why they watch us so carefully if that's the case. Maybe to hide their secrets?

One things for sure: I'm happy he's happy! :lol:

EDIT: I was discussing with a friend how pleased the shadow person seemed earlier and what might have it in such a good mood. I know the last few days I've been reading everything I can about empaths and empathy, and from how they seem to watch those connected with the paranormal and sensitives... maybe it was pleased I am trying to understand myself better?

It was just a random theory on the occurance I got while talking. Had to put it out there.

Edited by Aeri

Two basic questions come to mind:

1) What are they?

2) What is their intent?

Has my revision help you come to any new theories yet? Thanks to you, I had two new ideas, one while writing the revision.

Has my revision help you come to any new theories yet? Thanks to you, I had two new ideas, one while writing the revision.

Well, as far as intent:

What does their level of intellect seem to be? Are they as intelligent as a human? Or do they seem to be going on a more primitive drive?

In addition, do they seem to be more malevolent in their actions? curious? playful? etc.

When I hear reports of the 'hat man' and 'hooded figure' along with the nature of other shadow people, it seems to me more like investigating.

The basic shadow people seem to hide once they have been noticed, where as the ones that tend to stay in sight longer tend to be reported as hooded figure or hat man.

The hat man seems to remind me of old P.I's with their hats and coats to help obscure their features. The same can be said for the hooded figures.

Edited by veledran

Well, as far as intent:

What does their level of intellect seem to be? Are they as intelligent as a human? Or do they seem to be going on a more primitive drive?

In addition, do they seem to be more malevolent in their actions? curious? playful? etc.

When I hear reports of the 'hat man' and 'hooded figure' along with the nature of other shadow people, it seems to me more like investigating.

The basic shadow people seem to hide once they have been noticed, where as the ones that tend to stay in sight longer tend to be reported as hooded figure or hat man.

The hat man seems to remind me of old P.I's with their hats and coats to help obscure their features. The same can be said for the hooded figures.

DEFINITELY investigative, curious, AND playful. The hats and hoods seem very malevolent from what I hear. I have NEVER seen a hat guy and I have seen a shadow guy stand in the open twice. That one seemed to have me under a microscope and was all business. And they DO seem just as smart as us.

Edited by Amarali2012

DEFINITELY investigative, curious, AND playful. The hats and hoods seem very malevolent from what I hear. I have NEVER seen a hat guy and I have seen a shadow guy stand in the open twice. That one seemed to have me under a microscope and was all business. And they DO seem just as smart as us.

Hmm, another question is:

Are the basic shadow people the same as the hooded figure and hat man, or are they different but happen to look similar?