Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toilet paper - flush away, not throw away

Still Waters

TAIPEI (Reuters) - A city in south Taiwan began training potty users this week to flush toilet paper instead of throwing it in the trash, to reduce 340 tonnes of stinky waste generated daily, local media and officials said on Tuesday.

"An old habit is to throw toilet paper in the trash can beside the toilet, which causes a major stink that's bad for public sanitation," city Environmental Protection Bureau Director Chang Hwang-jen told Reuters.

"Japanese and Western visitors who come to Taiwan find this Taiwan toilet habit to be quite poor," she added.

Taiwan's plumbing can now handle toilet paper without clogging the pipes, a break from the past, the city of Tainan told its 764,000 citizens at a news conference on Monday.

Click Here

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chemical-licker

• aflac duck

• IamsSon

• Mr  Honeybadger

they do that in greece, put it in the trash because the numb nuts only put in a small pipe to take the waste away :wacko:

they do that in greece, put it in the trash because the numb nuts only put in a small pipe to take the waste away :wacko:

If you see the average tube size in Greek plumbing you would refrain from dropping anything into the toilet either. The first thing I did in my house is build in a new toilet, with adequate plumbing.

If you see the average tube size in Greek plumbing you would refrain from dropping anything into the toilet either. The first thing I did in my house is build in a new toilet, with adequate plumbing.

Same in Spain as well, I heard anyway.

If you've been out on the town and eat a curry or two. Best not to use Greek toilets, eh. :lol:

Same in Spain as well, I heard anyway.

If you've been out on the town and eat a curry or two. Best not to use Greek toilets, eh. :lol:

:yes: so true

hmmm... in mexico, yes? i recently visited some relatives who live just pass the texas border, and they never flush their toilet paper!! i can see everything peaking out of a trashcan that sits 5 inches from your *** when you sit down.

I remember when we moved to the U.S. (from Reynosa a city right across the Texas Border) we had to learn to flush our toilet paper because you could not do so in Reynosa or you would clog the toilet.

I actually never knew that other countries threw their toilet paper in the trash can. Those bathrooms must smell horrible. Unless they have some powerful fart-fans in the ceiling.

I actually never knew that other countries threw their toilet paper in the trash can.

Same here. I guess you learn something everyday.

On a side-note, my sandwich doesn't taste as good now. :(

Same here. I guess you learn something everyday.

On a side-note, my sandwich doesn't taste as good now. :(

I'm still hungry, unfortunately. /twitch

We had to be really careful with one of our old places, 'cause when they set out double wide down, they used ****ty plumbing. It clogged nearly everytime we flushed toilet paper down it. On top of that, no one would fix it, so we had to take the bolts out of our sewage thingie and open the lid and unclog it ourselves every time. I'm sure our neighbours thought we were weird, and it was gross.

Imagine the poor guy that walks out one of those bathrooms with T.P. stuck to his shoe... :lol:

i cant believe it took them that long just to get wider pipes

ewwwwwwwww.... gross, lol, that sucks they dont have wide pipes and have to throw um away