Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can anyone see the future?

Stormyclouds

Sometimes I'll just know things but I can't actually see the future. Is there anyone on here that can do that as well? Is there anyone that can actually see the future?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormyclouds

• puridalan

• insanemind

• 3rd rock resident alien

Sometimes I'll just know things but I can't actually see the future. Is there anyone on here that can do that as well? Is there anyone that can actually see the future?

m8. if there was? we wud all be lottery winners!! but? if u look @ it like this?, weather reporters do a reasonable job of it but thats a restricted field

Hahaha! unless u live in Scotland?. (This is no relation to "Stormyclouds"). however if ur referring 2 anyone having this ability on a daily basis?..

I think we all have the ability, some more than others but if you look @ our past?, I think the future is predictable & inevitable?.

I have my own theory about your question tho.. if we luk @ the views surrounding 2012, look @ the climate issue, the fact goverments denied there

was a hole or that there was an `Ozone`layer in the 1st place, oneday!, then the next it was "ehm? Does any1 kno where the life jackets r coz its EVERY MAN 4 HIMSELF!". I personally think we ALL have the ability to do wot ur asking but the skeptics will always dismiss it So, if our future is down to a time limited puzzle being solved & the skeptics are those Tunnel visioned, egocentric, media control freaks? Then the future is bleak!.

Science tells us we have evolved over Gazillions of years.. thats 1000 000 x whatever? yet up until a few thousand years ago, we were wearing animal skins & the conversation was about UGG!! Thats a helluva long time with NO DIALOGUE eh?. Then sumthing happens? in a short space of time we move up town, up the ladder so to speak we start communicating we start seeing the world from a different perspective? We become civilised. We move into towns, cities Yes! No more cave dwellings for us!. Build boats become inter continental, fly here, jet there, Hell! next stop? THE MOON!! & BEYOND!!

IF, we ever manage to harness light?.

All that, in a few 100 years!. Amazing!. I feel the future is almost upon us.. & if we make it past or through the next stage? we`ll progress onto a different level where we can look into the future, communicate by thought & move through time in the same way we make a phone call, think about a friend or jump on a bus. Its only a matter of `TIME`. Makes you wonder Y all these movies etc point t0 this point in the game, doesnt it?. hahaha!

I can see the future after it has happened.

WOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SUFFERS FROM THIS?????

WOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SUFFERS FROM THIS?????

You see, you are not alone;P

Do you mean stuff like Deja-Vu?

No I mean actually knowing what's going to happen before it does. Or I've heard of some people seeing what was going to happen before it does.

Okay I don't think that I phrased what I'm trying to say right. What I mean is sometimes I know what's going to happen before it actually does, but I can't see what's going to happen before it does. I was wondering is there anyone else that can see the future or know whats going to happen before it does?

i occasionly seem to dream the future

nothing life altering though the best ive gotten so far is seeing a fat guy walk up to my car and ask me for directions

they have never been wrong so far though

i occasionly seem to dream the future

nothing life altering though the best ive gotten so far is seeing a fat guy walk up to my car and ask me for directions

they have never been wrong so far though

Are you serious? That's really cool. I don't dream about the future, I'll just be going on about my daily life and all of the sudden I'll get a feeling like somethings gonna happen. Like today I actually saw what was going to happen. I was shopping and I had a bottle of Alfredo sauce for my sister and it slipped out of my hand, the second it did I knew it was gonna crack open and spill out and that the lady at the end of the isle was gonna turn, look, smirk, and then turn away. Then what happens? It falls cracks open spills out and the lady turned, looked, smirked, and then turned away.

Edited by Stormyclouds

What you're describing is often called 'precognition' - the ability to know future events. This is apparently more common than was once believed. It seems to happen to certain individuals more than others so it may be in some way tied to our development or genetics.

There is a form of precognition known as 'presentiment' also that's kind of interesting. This is knowing, shortly in advance of an event that something is about to happen without knowing precisely what the event might be.

If you're interested in an ongoing scientific experiment in precognition you might check out the Global Consciousness Project which is being run out of Princeton University. You can read more about it the Global Consciousness website

What you're describing is often called 'precognition' - the ability to know future events. This is apparently more common than was once believed. It seems to happen to certain individuals more than others so it may be in some way tied to our development or genetics.

There is a form of precognition known as 'presentiment' also that's kind of interesting. This is knowing, shortly in advance of an event that something is about to happen without knowing precisely what the event might be.

If you're interested in an ongoing scientific experiment in precognition you might check out the Global Consciousness Project which is being run out of Princeton University. You can read more about it the Global Consciousness website

Okay I'll check it out thanks. And I understand about precognition because sometimes I'll know about something a long time before it happens.

one night i dreamed that my sister came back home (we hadn't talked to eachother in over a year) and everything went back to the way they use to.. that day she came home, perhaps i overheard a conversation while sleeping. but i dunno, was just glad that we were friends again.

Can anyone see the future?

No.

i have Deja-Vu more then 3 times befor

the people that live there can,i am realy good with the past,little foggy on the present though

Yes, many can see the future I believe everyone can just that some people are blinded by so many other aspects of life they fail to see what is right there. I've done remote viewing, premonitions and so forth that have by the grace of god saved my life numerous times and those around me, as well as getting the chance to meet very unqiue human beings. It's not trying to look harder, it's trying to do this 'blank stare' and see what is in front of you and believe me it works, you have to unclutter your mind.

I wonder if you notice how all the most vivid thoughts, come at the most random of times ha-ha

i have Deja-Vu more then 3 times befor

Ya I get Deja-Vu too.

I can't sure that I really SEE the future, but I have had a number of odd dreams that came true. For example, one night I dreamed that my bestfriend told me she was dating this guy. After I woke up, I just dismissed it, becuase the guy was someone she never talked to. A week or so later, she tells me that her and the guy are dating. I've also experienced Deja-vu many time, but I never really put the two ideas together. In fact i experience deja-vu so much I always just thought that life just repeats itself. I can't be sure which is true, or if I even can see the future. But one thing I know, I have had times where things i see, sometimes even when I'm awake, become true.

i can sort of

its like i see something which is going to happen to me months before its going to happen.

but by then ive forgotten it so when that thing does happen to me i sort of remember it, call it deja-vu i guess

i can only see into my own future though and no one elses.

like the other day me and my friend dom were doing a stall for charity and my other friend joe who was helping us had to go do something else so dom says to me "oh joes gone and left us" and i go "yeah again" and then he says to me "again? this is the first time hes left us". i only said again because i thought i had this conversation before. it was weird...

Also i woke up yesterday and had a vision, something bad is going to happen to Sudbury :(

It sounds like alot of people get deja-vu. And I know what you mean sometime I get deja-vu like 4 to 5 times in a row! And just very recently like in the past few days I've been able to actually see the future. But it comes at the most random times! :P

Yes, many can see the future I believe everyone can just that some people are blinded by so many other aspects of life they fail to see what is right there. I've done remote viewing, premonitions and so forth that have by the grace of god saved my life numerous times and those around me, as well as getting the chance to meet very unqiue human beings. It's not trying to look harder, it's trying to do this 'blank stare' and see what is in front of you and believe me it works, you have to unclutter your mind.

I wonder if you notice how all the most vivid thoughts, come at the most random of times ha-ha

I agree with what you said about uncluttering your mind. When I was younger and my mind wasn't filled with so much junk, I was more in tuned with all things. One of my visions was me falling and falling on my back and being in pain. This happened to me a short time after when I climbed a wet tree. It was like playing a video in my mind that came true(sound included). I just didn't pick up on the warning until it was to late. These visions were common in my younger years and only occur once in a while now. Meditation would probably work....

The interesting thing about the future is that it does not exist yet. Neither is it predestined/predetermined to happen, because every self willed person makes decisions every second of the day which creates a chaotic and almost limitless number of potential futures.

However once an event has happened it is fixed /solidified along the timeline. Thus someone/thing which is capable of living outside of linear time might be able to see right along it. Whatever the reasons, somehow it is possible to see down at least your own potential timeline. What is more, it is possible to use this information to change one potential outcome along your time line to another. This is not as strange as it seems as we continuously make conscious and subconscious adjustments to our future everytime we make a decision. The hard thing to fathom is just how we can sometimes see accurate snapshots of future events. To me they come from outside, either a universal consciousness we might calll god, or an overmind which somehow exists acroos a multiverse of potentialities and encompasses a perspective beyond the linear time line.

This sounds complex but in real terms it means. I can have a dream which exactly replicates the real events of the next day. I can have oral warnings of dangers ahead which allow me to avoid them. I can have simple flashes of knowledge from a few minutes to years ahead. I have reached the point where i write these down if i am sure they are precog moments. One night during a game of yahtzee, i had twp almost simultaneous flashes. First that in the next mnute or two someone was going to throw a yahtzee of a certain number. I wrote this down and when it happened a minute or two later felt very good. I also had a flash that mrs bhutto was going to be assasinated. I wrote this down too, but with much greater reluctance. Within 2 or 3 days she was killed.

I have a very bad feeling about a very public figure, which i am not prepared to put out in public for obvious reasons, but have written down and dated/ sealed so that if it does happen i will have the personal knowledge that this was not just something i constructed after the event.

All my life, through no skill of my own i have been given flashes of events. Most are serious intersections in my own life, but some are just entertaining/amusing and a few relate to people outside my personal life. I can not deliberately or consciuosly control this in any shape or form . When it happens it happens and the knowledge almost invariably proves to be correct, There have bee at least half a dozen ocasions over fifty years wher i have had a direct warning a few minutes to a few seconds before a fatal event in my life. Most of these have been on the road, In every case that warning was enough for me to take action towhich changed whwt i would have done and thus save my life. When i was 0nly 17/ 18 on a dark night pouring with rain a voice or feeling i cant remember now made me pull up sudennly on a suburban street. Seconds later a train raced past a metre in front of my car. I was about to drive over a level crossing with lights flashing but in the rain and surrounding lights just could not see them. #0 years later a voice told me to look in my rear vision mirror as i prepared to turn off an empty high way onto our side road. A car doing over 100 miles an hour was just about to hit me but the second or two of warning allowed me to pull back .The other driver went off the highway onto a parralel dirt road and disappeared . Even though he had veered off the road, without my warinng and pull on the sterring wheel he would have hit me at 100 mile an hour on my drivers door.

There was no reason to suspect a car behind me and a curve in the road blocked my sight till the last minute anyway. My brother who was riding a motorbike behind us pulled up and said,"i thought you were dead. How did you know to swerve away at the last minute.?" He said the cars passed so closely that he could not see any gap between them and i know that as i looked at the other car speed past, it was only a couple of inches/ a few centimetres from my door.

The really close calls might be attributed to a sort of sixth sense/ premonition. The warnings with a muchlonger time frame are harder to account for.

That is funny I too saw that bhutto was going to be killed, however when I saw it, it was I think at least months before it happened. I also have it recorded/dated even online to verify it. If you don't mind I was hoping to compare our dreams...I know that personally she was calling out for help. Maybe that's why a lot of people saw her before she died...because she knew she was in trouble. I rarely see my own future, I just see everyone's elses...or really lack there of.

In the case of bhutto, for me it was just a flash of knowledge while conscious. Im still not sure how real a presentiment it was, because of the family history and the fact she had returned to pakistan both putting her, logically, in danger, but it was a strong enough flash for me to comment on it when it happened . I rarely say anything anymore, especially when it involves peoples' lives.