Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Does the Government Have to Hide?

meatwadmonk

As you know, there have been serious issues. The Roswell crash, Phoenix Lights... What is the government hiding? Every time a MAJOR event like this occurs, they are always saying: What was that? Then a week later they will say: Oh yeah, we did have something tested, there were a few planes in the sky that night.

One thing is certain. They are hiding SOMETHING involving aliens and UFOs. Is this a test lab experiment gone wrong from the government, they are trying to hide. Is there a truth only they know [which is too shocking for the public]? One thing is clear -- something is wrong. Because we would know if aliens exsisted or not, if only the government would tell.

Plus, what about the MIB agents? This had to start somewhere... What is the government trying to hide?

Edited by meatwadmonk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaoszerg

• Space Commander Travis

• Agent. Mulder

• Myles

As you know, there have been serious issues. The Roswell crash, Phoenix Lights... What is the government hiding? Every time a MAJOR event like this occurs, they are always saying: What was that? Then a week later they will say: Oh yeah, we did have something tested, there were a few planes in the sky that night.

One thing is certain. They are hiding SOMETHING involving aliens and UFOs. Is this a test lab experiment gone wrong from the government, they are trying to hide. Is there a truth only they know [which is too shocking for the public]? One thing is clear -- something is wrong. Because we would know if aliens exsisted or not, if only the government would tell.

Plus, what about the MIB agents? This had to start somewhere... What is the government trying to hide?

MIB = CIA

I agree that the government hides a lot of things but I don't think they know jack about UFO's and just lead people on to make them think that they do.

I think if we actually knew everything the Government has been hiding we'd all be shocked.

really . I mean look what has come to light --- this administration has altered CDC reports on the health threats of global warming ! if our health is no great concern and money means more , why else would they do it except for corporation greed , what else is hidden ?

Cheney Aides Altered CDC Testimony, Agency Official Says

Tuesday 08 July 2008

»

by: Juliet Eilperin, The Washington Post

photo

A former EPA official says Vice President Dick Cheney's staff censored Congressional testimony in order to remove any references to the human health consequences of greenhouse gas emissions. (Photo: iStockphoto)

Ex-administrator says official from vice president's office edited out six pages.

Members of Vice President's Dick Cheney's staff censored congressional testimony by a top federal official on the health threats posed by global warming, a former Environmental Protection Agency official said today.

continued

In a word.... Impotence...

The last thing any politician ever wants to be seen as , or characterised as is Impotent. When was the last time you ever read a story about a Politician who "couldn't get it up"?

It doesn't matter whether UFO's are ET or plasma in this particular case. The facts are, on numerous occasions this phenomenon has given various elements of the armed forces from Vladivostok to San Diego a right old fashioned run around.

The phenomenon pops up in restricted air space, at nuclear power plants, over nuclear missile sites, at facilities that *don't exist*. It buzzes people, ships, air craft and vanishes, seemingly at will, whenever anyone seems to come to close.

In other words no politician can stand up and say. "We have the situation in hand, there is absolutely nothing to worry about". Then actually back that up with hard facts.

So, far better just ignore it and pretend it simply isn't really an issue. Just stick an embargo on people talknig about it and use national security as an excuse to classify anything that might *worry the voters*.

Truth is, it is perfectly understandable that politicians do act like this. Even more so in the aftermath of WW2 and the burgeoning cold war.

The same goes for the upper echelons of the armed forces. Politicians demand answers yesterday, it is purely natural for the leaders of said armed forces to, when faced with something they simply don't understand to decry it as of *no serious importance*.

Remember, this phenomenon burst onto the scene, just 2 years after a war that had seen the end of dozens of military careers from American admirals, to Russian generals and everywhere in-between. Simply put in peace time, when it is as much a career as a vocation, people are going to cover their butts to protect their own position. Given that, both America and Russia, had been caught, with their proverbial trousers round their ankles, when hostilities commenced in WW2 it perfectly understandable that people were hardly likely to ever been seen in public saying .

"Errr well, sorry folks it could happen again and this time we don;t have the slightest clue who it actually is".

In summary, politicians and military top brass don't have a career if they have to say. "Sorry, don't know" or "Sorry, nothing we can do we have tried everything we know".

As i said earlier. It doesn't matter what this phenomenon turns out to be, if we ever do arrive at a conclusion, it is an embarrassment to those who least like to be embarrassed, that is, the people who like to think they run this world. So they try and ignore it, plus they try to convince others they should to.

Edited by FireMoon

MIB = CIA

I agree that the government hides a lot of things but I don't think they know jack about UFO's and just lead people on to make them think that they do.

from what the release to the public, they dont know jack. seeing as ufos are a threat to national security, and they can come and go as they please. while we cant do anything but watch them.

I think if we actually knew everything the Government has been hiding we'd all be shocked.

really . I mean look what has come to light --- this administration has altered CDC reports on the health threats of global warming ! if our health is no great concern and money means more , why else would they do it except for corporation greed , what else is hidden ?

Cheney Aides Altered CDC Testimony, Agency Official Says

Tuesday 08 July 2008

»

by: Juliet Eilperin, The Washington Post

photo

A former EPA official says Vice President Dick Cheney's staff censored Congressional testimony in order to remove any references to the human health consequences of greenhouse gas emissions. (Photo: iStockphoto)

Ex-administrator says official from vice president's office edited out six pages.

Members of Vice President's Dick Cheney's staff censored congressional testimony by a top federal official on the health threats posed by global warming, a former Environmental Protection Agency official said today.

continued

If that's true. I'd hate to think about what global warming might be doing to my health and my body. There could be cancer growing in my body right now and I don't even know it. :(:no::cry: Scary man scary.

Edited by Miracle Alien Girl

Are we assuming that UFOs are automatically alien spacecraft?

One of many assumptions they make. Just because the government is not to be trusted doesn't mean they automatically have knowledge of any far out thing you can think of, from aliens to Atlantis.

some will be alien craft others will belong to the u.s goverment trying out anti gravity technology.

look at the b-2 bomber or the blackbird. the design aspects have ufo written all over them i think.

Cheney Aides Altered CDC Testimony, Agency Official Says[snip]

And look how quickly that came to light. For one thing, the gov't couldn't keep that secret, so how could they keep 60+ year old secrets? The gov't just isn't that efficient. (And the bush administration is among the most secretive in modern US history, if not all of US history.)

from what the release to the public, they dont know jack. seeing as ufos are a threat to national security, and they can come and go as they please. while we cant do anything but watch them.

Yet they don't seem to have caused us any harm -- certainly nothing that can be attributed to ET (UFOs by definition are another matter, but I'm talking about extraterrestrial intelligence) and nothing else. So I disagree they're (i.e. ET) a threat to national security.

Plus, what about the MIB agents? This had to start somewhere...

They did. Read this for more.

Especially this paragraph:

According to John C. Sherwood's Skeptical Inquirer article "Gray Barker: My Friend, the Myth-Maker", there may have been "a grain of truth" to Barker's writings on the Men in Black, in that the United States Air Force and other government agencies did attempt to discourage public interest in UFOs during the 1950s. However, Barker is thought to have greatly embellished the facts of the situation. In the same Skeptical Inquirer article, Sherwood admitted that, in the 1960s, he and Barker collaborated on a fictional story about the Men in Black, which was published as fact in Raymond A. Palmer's Flying Saucers magazine and some of Barker's own publications. In the story, Sherwood (writing as "Dr. Richard H. Pratt") claimed he was ordered to silence by the "blackmen" after learning that UFOs were time-travelling vehicles. Barker later wrote to Sherwood, "Evidently the fans swallowed this one with a gulp."[4]

(Bolding mine)

The story about the origin of the MIB, as well as the Shaver Mystery, is pretty fascinating stuff, and a good lesson into the motivations and desires of people--both those creating the story and those reading it.

Edited for statement clarification.

Edited by NigelTM

And look how quickly that came to light. For one thing, the gov't couldn't keep that secret, so how could they keep 60+ year old secrets? The gov't just isn't that efficient. (And the bush administration is among the most secretive in modern US history, if not all of US history.)

That's a common misconception. The government can keep secrets, we know that for a fact. We know that secrets have been kept in the past, are being kept in the present, and will continue to be kept in the future.

First things first: Established military figures are talking, and have been talking. So just what do you expect? We have leaks, we just don't have the government admitting to the veracity of those accounts. That is because the information is just as sensitive today as it was then, unlike most other Top Secret matters that dwindle in importance until their eventual disclosure. The reasons for secrecy are just as applicable today as they were 60 years ago.

The Eisenhower library still had 300,000 pages of classified material a few years ago. Eisenhower left office in January of 1961. Obviously, those secrets have been kept. Some 60,000 people were involved in the Manhattan Project. When Harry Truman was Vice President of the United States even he didn't have a need-to-know about the atomic bomb program. It wasn't until President Roosevelt died that Truman was briefed on the matter, and, a couple of months later, had to decide whether to use it on Japan.

During WWII, the German communications code was broken. Obviously, they couldn't tell anybody, because if the Germans thought their code was unbreakable, they would continue to use it. There was a group of 12,000 people at Betchley Park in England whose job it was to intercept German military communications and decode the messages, translate them and pass them on very carefully to the very few people within the government with a need-to-know. This information was not released after the war because other countries were still using the same cryptography devices and techniques that the Germans had uses. Word of this development didn't come out for 25 years.

Radiation experiments conducted by the U.S. government on their own personnel during and after WWII were successfully kept secret until the last five years. Only recently have the numerous military accidental deaths from nuclear devices been disclosed. Mind-control experiments by the CIA on unsuspecting citizens decades ago were kept secret until only recently as well. These experiments also led to the death of several of their own men (see

).

Then there is also the Naval Research Laboratory’s Corona spy satellite. It obtained more information about the placement and nature of Russian military systems than all the U-2 flights. The first mention of the satellite didn’t come about until 1995 during the NRL’s 75th anniversary -- 35 years later. Similarly, the design, development and operation of seven Poppy satellites used by the NRO to monitor Soviet ships at sea, launched between 1962 and 1971, wasn’t known to the public until 2005. Even the existence of the NRO was classified for years.

There are dozens of other examples that I could use. I think Richard Dolan and Nick Redfern also put it well in

Do aliens only crash on US soil? Where are the craft that crashed in Sweden? How about the ones in Peru?

Do aliens only crash on US soil? Where are the craft that crashed in Sweden? How about the ones in Peru?

Yeah, the Fermi Paradox works well here. :D

i'm fairly sure the only thing of importance the U.S. government is hiding is their own failures.

That's a common misconception. The government can keep secrets, we know that for a fact. We know that secrets have been kept in the past, are being kept in the present, and will continue to be kept in the future.

First things first: Established military figures are talking, and have been talking. So just what do you expect? We have leaks, we just don't have the government admitting to the veracity of those accounts. That is because the information is just as sensitive today as it was then, unlike most other Top Secret matters that dwindle in importance until their eventual disclosure. The reasons for secrecy are just as applicable today as they were 60 years ago.

The Eisenhower library still had 300,000 pages of classified material a few years ago. Eisenhower left office in January of 1961. Obviously, those secrets have been kept. Some 60,000 people were involved in the Manhattan Project. When Harry Truman was Vice President of the United States even he didn't have a need-to-know about the atomic bomb program. It wasn't until President Roosevelt died that Truman was briefed on the matter, and, a couple of months later, had to decide whether to use it on Japan.

During WWII, the German communications code was broken. Obviously, they couldn't tell anybody, because if the Germans thought their code was unbreakable, they would continue to use it. There was a group of 12,000 people at Betchley Park in England whose job it was to intercept German military communications and decode the messages, translate them and pass them on very carefully to the very few people within the government with a need-to-know. This information was not released after the war because other countries were still using the same cryptography devices and techniques that the Germans had uses. Word of this development didn't come out for 25 years.

Radiation experiments conducted by the U.S. government on their own personnel during and after WWII were successfully kept secret until the last five years. Only recently have the numerous military accidental deaths from nuclear devices been disclosed. Mind-control experiments by the CIA on unsuspecting citizens decades ago were kept secret until only recently as well. These experiments also led to the death of several of their own men (see here).

Then there is also the Naval Research Laboratory’s Corona spy satellite. It obtained more information about the placement and nature of Russian military systems than all the U-2 flights. The first mention of the satellite didn’t come about until 1995 during the NRL’s 75th anniversary -- 35 years later. Similarly, the design, development and operation of seven Poppy satellites used by the NRO to monitor Soviet ships at sea, launched between 1962 and 1971, wasn’t known to the public until 2005. Even the existence of the NRO was classified for years.

But the fact that we are talking about them now means that they are now known about. How long was the Manhattan project kept secret? It certainly wasn't 60 years.

Edited by 747400

Then again, the government hides every single thing, that if we knew today, we could still get on with our lives. Like the JFK conspiracy and area 51.

Yet they don't seem to have caused us any harm -- certainly nothing that can be attributed to ET (UFOs by definition are another matter, but I'm talking about extraterrestrial intelligence) and nothing else. So I disagree they're (i.e. ET) a threat to national security.

id disargee too, if i hadnt heard it from the gov officials that theyre a threat to national security.

the fact that they havent 'attacked' isnt whats in debate here. just the fact that they come and go as they please, and we can do nothing against it.

and tend to enjoy shutting down our missles.

just the fact that they come and go as they please, and we can do nothing against it.

and tend to enjoy shutting down our missles.

If they do or did shut down our missiles then maybe that is a polite way of saying look what we can do if we wanted to so don't mess with us.

There have been several accounts from Russia, and yes, at least one from Peru that I am aware of. Most of these cases have been mentioned by government whistleblowers. Unfortunately, however, none have been adequately investigated and thus cannot be relied on as evidence of anything but story telling.

But the fact that we are talking about them now means that they are now known about. How long was the Manhattan project kept secret? It certainly wasn't 60 years.

The secret was successfully kept for as long as was necessary. The same goes for the communications codes. Based on documents such as the January 31, 1949 FBI memo that stated that the Army and Air Force considered the subject of UFOs Top Secret, we know the material would be classified. Wilbert Smith also stated in a previously Top Secret memorandum that the subject "is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher even than the H-bomb." The difference here is, like I said before, that the information is just as sensitive today as it was then, unlike most other Top Secret matters that dwindle in importance until their eventual disclosure. This is above and beyond that. The reasons for secrecy are just as applicable today as they were 60 years ago.

The several thousand Top Secret Codeword documents still classified in the Eisenhower library, decades after Eisenhower left office, testify to the fact that secrets can be kept, and are being kept. If you don't think the government can keep secrets, you're simply naive.

The 1964 "crash" on Cannock Chase England, that Nick Redfern talks about, is a fascinating story. I shall ask a few people i know from around that area if they have ever heard any whispers/local rumours about it.

Edited by FireMoon

Maybe the aliens were really unfortunate?

Things wouldn't have been much different even if a real alien spacecraft crashed on...well...Time Square. The government can create a million lies to cover it. Somehow people will be led to think that even the footages taken from the site are fake. Unless a mile-long ship carrying tens of thousands of alien refugees crash-lands on Santa Monica beach, US government will find any way possible to conceal the crash.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

The current president of Iran is crazy enough to launch a missile with a live warhead just to fulfill the radical islamic prophecy. If nothing shuts down the launched missile, then we can now assume that all the rumors about UFOs shutting down nuclear missiles are flat out BS.

they may not have crashed in Sweden, but there have been plenty of UFO reports from there; in fact, it was one of the first countries to report what we'd refer to now as "UFOs", with the 'ghost planes' in the 1930s that came and went as they liked and no one knew whose they were or where they came from, and then the 'ghost rockets' just after the war.

http://www.project1947.com/fig/1946a.htm