Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2+2=4 equates a certainty of god

Sherapy

Next time check it against your Heart, Thats where God Resides in You.

The Heart does not Lie.

I Edited The Last reply

LOve Omnaka

Ah Omnaka, you call upon the frailest part of man to serve as confirmation. The heart tends to hear what it most needs to hear. It translates a sigh of weariness into one of passion. It perceives a tear of frustration as one shed for love. No, the heart is not a good witness to any human response.

I hold in suspect the claim that God resides in me. To the contrary, because of the universality of a supreme power, I dwell within his expression that is found in all creation.

I do not endorse the idea that God is so personalized as many ask us to believe. We are an extension of all that is and within that all we must first find our unity with nature. To understand that this legendary supremacy we are taught as our "dominion" only serves to separate us from what we really are. I am no more alive than the ant . . . . no more enduring than a leaf . . . . of no greater consequence than a casual breath . . . . I am but a drop in the ocean but the beauty comes with the realization that the ocean is never full without my drop.

But does a god personally speak to me? No. Do I believe he speaks personally with anyone else? No. But he does speak and his message echoes across our collective conscience whether we like it or not.

I do not perceive the god of the Sistine Chapel . . . . I do not envision thrones with Christ at his right side . . . . I do not believe the heaven with streets of gold nor hell with its eternal fires . . . . all these trappings only limit a power that is supreme to all such things.

OOPs double Post

Edited by Omnaka

Ah Omnaka, you call upon the frailest part of man to serve as confirmation. The heart tends to hear what it most needs to hear. It translates a sigh of weariness into one of passion. It perceives a tear of frustration as one shed for love. No, the heart is not a good witness to any human response.

I hold in suspect the claim that God resides in me. To the contrary, because of the universality of a supreme power, I dwell within his expression that is found in all creation.

I do not endorse the idea that God is so personalized as many ask us to believe. We are an extension of all that is and within that all we must first find our unity with nature. To understand that this legendary supremacy we are taught as our "dominion" only serves to separate us from what we really are. I am no more alive than the ant . . . . no more enduring than a leaf . . . . of no greater consequence than a casual breath . . . . I am but a drop in the ocean but the beauty comes with the realization that the ocean is never full without my drop.

But does a god personally speak to me? No. Do I believe he speaks personally with anyone else? No. But he does speak and his message echoes across our collective conscience whether we like it or not.

I do not perceive the god of the Sistine Chapel . . . . I do not envision thrones with Christ at his right side . . . . I do not believe the heaven with streets of gold nor hell with its eternal fires . . . . all these trappings only limit a power that is supreme to all such things.

Yes If God resides in all creation, Why not in you also?

My heart has never lied to me, If I went against what I knew in My heart, is when I get hurt. Not by Listening to it.

I have checked Things against My heart my whole life, and It does not lie when I ask Questions .

Believe Me, (or not) I have experimented with this phenomina My whole Life.

I have spoken Face to Face with Father in The spirit world and In the physical world, He helps me write sometimes.

Father and Mother (Holy Spirit) Do not send anyone to Hell. The child spirit who disses God and bro, while incarnate does this to himself. after He realises that this place is not the end and he has always been loved unconditionally by His Eternal Father and Mother, And Brother.

He has a hard time forgiving his own self, as such, He has a hard time believing God and Bro forgives him also, (Love Unconditional), and the viscious cycle begins. By ones Own consciousness

God does not do this , and before this world xcomes to a close, those In the hell of their choice will be purified and either go to another world to continue their eternal education, or be reabsorberd back to the firmament from which all Eternal spirit is made.

Firmament is the purest love there is (GOD) It would be as if One never was , as This raw material (Love ) Firmament, will be put out anew as something else with no recolection of any Past lives.

This is done Out of Love for the suffering spirit who cannot forgive himself,And Only By the asking, even after numerous angels have ministered to him. Freewill reighns supreme Next To Unconditional LOVE, Only The spirit in Question can make it out with his own will. Father just gives him a safe place to do his repenting, Or reabsorbs him after this world comes to a close.

Before this one may choose to incarnate again to try and make better choices.

If your heart Resonates with a choice you have decited to follow through with , You will know without a doubt. I call it the Holy spirit shimmy.

So the hell The catholics and other s speak of can be a reality, How low Can u go? What ever the spirit in Question thinks is a fair punishment to attone for his betraying Unconditional love is exactly what he will give himself. Thinking God does this to You will only Make one more remorsful after it is found out Father and Mother love Unconditionally.

Do you think God speaks to no one Just because You can't hear?

If so that's understandable, But One can only speak for One's self from His experience, Or non experience however one is to look at it.

Not all need religion To Know God (Father and Mother And The Family Of Love)

Give Your self more credit than what I just heard, You, the ant, or The Leaf is not a lowly creature , You are both loved Beyond Measure By the greatest Lover in all Universes.

That my brother Was not written by me, and Now Iam crying.

Father wrote that and spoke it through my heart.

Matters not if you believe me .

God bless you know the rest.

Love Omnaka

2+2=4 is Man Made.

2+2=4 is "Faith" in my opinion.

The PROOF for you is hidden in the next-door Delicatessen. Take there two items priced $2 each - and try to pay them $3; if you survive the first round than OK, next time pay them $5 for the same. In general I also suggest you to cut an apple in halves and another time in halves each half. Then count how many groups by 2 and how much as a result. Clearly you never played any music in your life, otherwise you would've known how the full tact is counted.

Ah, here we go. Why are you suddenly bringing all of Christianity into, this discussion of the serpent? This almost seems like you've decided you can't really support your point so now you're trying some misdirection.

There is no passage that describes the serpent as having had legs or arms and legs. It's OK, you can admit this, we all know it's true, so no harm, no foul.

If you notice, I have made no prior point to support.

But the point I did make is that when there is a sticky theological issue, Christians quickly fall back on exegesis and interpretations. Example . . . . Jesus endorsed reincarnation by telling Nicodemus that he must be born again.

But if we make a logical assumption . . . . if the serpent was condemned to walk on his belly, that he did not do so prior to that . . . . then we are asked to abandon that logic and provide a verse saying a snake had legs.

Yes If God resides in all creation, Why not in you also?

My heart has never lied to me, If I went against what I knew in My heart, is when I get hurt. Not by Listening to it.

I have checked Things against My heart my whole life, and It does not lie when I ask Questions .

Believe Me, (or not) I have experimented with this phenomina My whole Life.

I have spoken Face to Face with Father in The spirit world and In the physical world, He helps me write sometimes.

Father and Mother (Holy Spirit) Do not send anyone to Hell. The child spirit who disses God and bro, while incarnate does this to himself. after He realises that this place is not the end and he has always been loved unconditionally by His Eternal Father and Mother, And Brother.

He has a hard time forgiving his own self, as such, He has a hard time believing God and Bro forgives him also, (Love Unconditional), and the viscious cycle begins. By ones Own consciousness

God does not do this , and before this world xcomes to a close, those In the hell of their choice will be purified and either go to another world to continue their eternal education, or be reabsorberd back to the firmament from which all Eternal spirit is made.

Firmament is the purest love there is (GOD) It would be as if One never was , as This raw material (Love ) Firmament, will be put out anew as something else with no recolection of any Past lives.

This is done Out of Love for the suffering spirit who cannot forgive himself,And Only By the asking, even after numerous angels have ministered to him. Freewill reighns supreme Next To Unconditional LOVE, Only The spirit in Question can make it out with his own will. Father just gives him a safe place to do his repenting, Or reabsorbs him after this world comes to a close.

Before this one may choose to incarnate again to try and make better choices.

If your heart Resonates with a choice you have decited to follow through with , You will know without a doubt. I call it the Holy spirit shimmy.

So the hell The catholics and other s speak of can be a reality, How low Can u go? What ever the spirit in Question thinks is a fair punishment to attone for his betraying Unconditional love is exactly what he will give himself. Thinking God does this to You will only Make one more remorsful after it is found out Father and Mother love Unconditionally.

Do you think God speaks to no one Just because You can't hear?

If so that's understandable, But One can only speak for One's self from His experience, Or non experience however one is to look at it.

Not all need religion To Know God (Father and Mother And The Family Of Love)

Give Your self more credit than what I just heard, You, the ant, or The Leaf is not a lowly creature , You are both loved Beyond Measure By the greatest Lover in all Universes.

That my brother Was not written by me, and Now Iam crying.

Father wrote that and spoke it through my heart.

Matters not if you believe me .

God bless you know the rest.

Love Omnaka

God helps you write?

Could you present something god helped you write? It must have an obvious divine wisdom to it. An energy... something no human could outdo. I would love to see just a sentense :tu:

But the point I did make is that when there is a sticky theological issue, Christians quickly fall back on exegesis and interpretations. Example . . . . Jesus endorsed reincarnation by telling Nicodemus that he must be born again.

But if we make a logical assumption . . . . if the serpent was condemned to walk on his belly, that he did not do so prior to that . . . . then we are asked to abandon that logic and provide a verse saying a snake had legs.

Nicodemus... He was asking questions, which were demonstrating his complete misunderstanding of things, which were obvious for Jesus, so Jesus suggested him first to get enlightened. A person talking to God like Abraham gets a sort of a second birth after this, as the outlook, logic, understanding change so dramatically that one may say the person gets born again. Abram even changed the name after this. So this words may be interpreted completely other way than reincarnation, which is never mentioned in the Bible.

Nicodemus... He was asking questions, which were demonstrating his complete misunderstanding of things, which were obvious for Jesus, so Jesus suggested him first to get enlightened. A person talking to God like Abraham gets a sort of a second birth after this, as the outlook, logic, understanding change so dramatically that one may say the person gets born again. Abram even changed the name after this. So this words may be interpreted completely other way than reincarnation, which is never mentioned in the Bible.

Reincarnation is never mentioned in the Bible?

Yes it is tricky, but mrely because so many accept the very same logical fallacy you yourself fell into at the end of your post, since the serpent was condmned to go on his belly it is immediately assumed that it must have had legs before the that. It is the very same reasoning I have found among many Christians and Jews when looking at the words merely within the context of the text, especially if they are not knowledgeable of the hebrew behind the text, but if one does research, even within the bible itself, another idea comes to mind, one that is supported by scripture and not by "logical" conjecture.

I actually gave all these points in my post on the previous page, but I see that nobody commented it.

The humiliation the serpent experienced is divided into two parts. Both parts of the curse are depicted in the Ancient Near East of conquered enemies laid face down, prostrate before a conquering king as a footstool for his feet. This imagery used is the actual historical context that the text is trying to depict and most people miss this.

"You shall go on your belly" and "You shall eat dust"

These are the two aspects of the curse that people "logically" assume to be stating that the serpent had legs and thus people also assume that the text is talking of a real serpent, since the imagery used coincides with this idea at first glance, people forget that the hebrews were proficient in double entenders as I have said repeatedly before.

The word "serpent", specially when one adds the word "The" to it, it suddenly becomes more than a mere serpent it becomes an embodiement of a specific type, one that can be clearly expressed by the multiple meanings of the word "Nachash".

1. A serpent or snake (literal meaning) and a noun

2. Someone who practices divination or is involved in the occult (figurative meaning) - Verb. It is highlighted quite clearly with the phrase "The serpent" - "The Diviner".

3. Something that is bright and glimmering like polished brass or bronze in the sunlight. (figurative meaning) - adjective. When accompanied by the word "The", we get, the one who shines, or the shinning one. Which is connected to a divine being of some kind, as can be seen from other examples in the biblical text where the word is used in this very context.

Both aspects of the curse are used in other contexts within scripture and thus reveal the underlying and correct idea behind the plain text.

The emphasis of the first phrase is defeat or of an enemy being conquered.

The emphasis found in this second phrase is disgrace and humiliation, as applied to people and heavenly beings.

If we take what I initially said about the multiple meanings of the word serpent "Nachash", we get a very clear meaning of what was truly meant by the "serpent and later on by the curse.

The serpent then is clearly connected to the figure of Satan and the curse very clearly connected to the messianic prophecy, often called the "Proto Evangellium". After all it is this curse and the subsequent promise of a future redeemer who will defeat the curse on the part of humanity, that sets the stage for the entire biblical account, OT and NT, creating one harmonious narrative.

Of course it leaves quite a few groups very very agitated and adamant to steer the clarity of the context in other "logical" directions, such as that of a serpent that once had limbs but lost them...

No it isn't ever mentioned in the bible. the opposite is more true than not.

No it isn't ever mentioned in the bible. the opposite is more true than not.

Does not . . . .

Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, "Who do people say I am?"

They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets."

"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"

Peter answered, "You are the Christ."

imply a popular thought that Jesus was one of the dead prophets returned?

Does not . . . .

Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, "Who do people say I am?"

They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets."

Interesting that Jesus was contemporary with John thr Baptist, yet people come up with the wierdest interpretations. I can understand Elijah who was one of the only two men in human history not to die, but be taken bodily to heaven.

Funny that it doesn't say that the prophets were dead, just that he was one of the prophets of God. Somehow the thought of reincarnation doesn't make any sense here.

Edited by Jor-el

Interesting that Jesus was contemporary with John thr Baptist, yet people come up with the wierdest interpretations. I can understand Elijah who was one of the only two men in human history not to die, but be taken bodily to heaven.

Funny that it doesn't say that the prophets were dead, just that he was one of the prophets of God. Somehow the thought of reincarnation doesn't make any sense here.

Jesus may have been contemporary with John the Baptist but at the time of this exchange John was dead.

The prophesy of Malachai asserts that Elijah would return before the second coming and it was a belief held firmly for many generations.

But Jesus asserted that John the Baptist had been Elijah . . . .

The fact that people believed the prophesy and expected the return of Elijah testifies to an idea of returning for another human existence.

Now, the assertion that Enoch / Elijah did not die is still another tradition . . . . however ancient . . . . tradition. It is truly a stretch of imagination to claim that the phrase "He walked with God and was no more because God took him" indicates that he did not die. I have heard the phrase "He walked with God" many times at various funerals but all were quite dead. "God took him" is another common phrase when speaking of death so how this legend grew and became established as part of a belief system is rather suspicious since it is the only way that the question of reincarnation could be avoided in this instance.

Jesus may have been contemporary with John the Baptist but at the time of this exchange John was dead.

The prophesy of Malachai asserts that Elijah would return before the second coming and it was a belief held firmly for many generations.

But Jesus asserted that John the Baptist had been Elijah . . . .

The fact that people believed the prophesy and expected the return of Elijah testifies to an idea of returning for another human existence.

Now, the assertion that Enoch / Elijah did not die is still another tradition . . . . however ancient . . . . tradition. It is truly a stretch of imagination to claim that the phrase "He walked with God and was no more because God took him" indicates that he did not die. I have heard the phrase "He walked with God" many times at various funerals but all were quite dead. "God took him" is another common phrase when speaking of death so how this legend grew and became established as part of a belief system is rather suspicious since it is the only way that the question of reincarnation could be avoided in this instance.

Yeah but Elijah was taken to heaven in a fiery chariot, and was very clearly not dead when it happened, thus he would have no need of being reincarnated, he didn't leave his human body at all.

People expected him to return, but not by reincarnating. Jews today continue to believe he will return to anounce the Messiah and they don't believe he will actually be born physically again, but rather come back from heaven in the same chariot that took him.

Actually, tradition holds that Enoch and Elijah are the two witnesses of revelation, since they are unique in having escaped physical death.

Actually, if this is the case then both Christians and Jews agree on this point, Elijah will in fact announce the coming of the Messiah, his return actually, but lets not get picky... they both turn out to be right.

Edited by Jor-el

There are some references, but as with much in the Bible, they are open to interpretation.... depending on how taken, they could refer to this actually happening.... I happen to beleive it is so.

Yeah but Elijah was taken to heaven in a fiery chariot, and was very clearly not dead when it happened, thus he would have no need of being reincarnated, he didn't leave his human body at all.

People expected him to return, but not by reincarnating. Jews today continue to believe he will return to anounce the Messiah and they don't believe he will actually be born physically again, but rather come back from heaven in the same chariot that took him.

Actually, tradition holds that Enoch and Elijah are the two witnesses of revelation, since they are unique in having escaped physical death.

Actually, if this is the case then both Christians and Jews agree on this point, Elijah will in fact announce the coming of the Messiah, his return actually, but lets not get picky... they both turn out to be right.

As I have stated, there are accounts to support tradition. The tale of the fiery chariot, appearing in Kings . . . . a post exilic writing . . . . presents the same problems as does the later writings of John and his recollection of particular events apparently unknown to Mark, Matthew or Luke.

And don't forget, it was also suggested that Jesus was John the Baptist . . . . was that not a suggestion of reincarnation or do we go so far as to say it was John the Baptist who was really Elijah? Sorry, doesn't work.

As I have stated, there are accounts to support tradition. The tale of the fiery chariot, appearing in Kings . . . . a post exilic writing . . . . presents the same problems as does the later writings of John and his recollection of particular events apparently unknown to Mark, Matthew or Luke.

And don't forget, it was also suggested that Jesus was John the Baptist . . . . was that not a suggestion of reincarnation or do we go so far as to say it was John the Baptist who was really Elijah? Sorry, doesn't work.

I'm sorry, the question begs to be asked, how many simultaneous reincarnations does one get. you are either John B or Jesus C, born 6 months apart and died about a year or so apart from one another...

Maybe they had a family resemblance and could be mistaken for one another, that must have been interesting when they were kids, but no reincarnation there my friend...

As for the Elijah bit, Jesus himself said that John wasn't Elijah... he would know, they talked to each other on the mount of the transfiguration.

I'm sorry, the question begs to be asked, how many simultaneous reincarnations does one get. you are either John B or Jesus C, born 6 months apart and died about a year or so apart from one another...

Maybe they had a family resemblance and could be mistaken for one another, that must have been interesting when they were kids, but no reincarnation there my friend...

As for the Elijah bit, Jesus himself said that John wasn't Elijah... he would know, they talked to each other on the mount of the transfiguration.

I am not dealing with the issue of whether Jesus, John or Elijah were three in the same or reincarnated or siamese triplets . . . . I am dealing with the belief of the people at that time.

It is not important what Jesus said . . . . my god what blasphemy! . . . . because my point is that the people apparently held a belief in reincarnation since they held the idea that Elijah had returned in another personage. True, they were responding to a prophesy but the concept remains the same.

I am not dealing with the issue of whether Jesus, John or Elijah were three in the same or reincarnated or siamese triplets . . . . I am dealing with the belief of the people at that time.

It is not important what Jesus said . . . . my god what blasphemy! . . . . because my point is that the people apparently held a belief in reincarnation since they held the idea that Elijah had returned in another personage. True, they were responding to a prophesy but the concept remains the same.

interesting the twists and turns this thread has taken....

the siamese triplets hmm I like that ..lol

Does not . . . .

While Elias of course falls out in the timeframe, John the Baptist does not fit at all, as he was just a bit older than Christ, and was baptising adult Christ in Jordan river. There is surely no reincarnation in the Bible, as that "born again" words are used only once. However there was some early Christian sect which believed in reincarnation, I forgot the details but Nicene Council demonized it and insisted on full death till resurrection of the dead, no matter what one finds now in the Bible or how it is interpreted, this would not be a part of Christian doctrine for Death.

While Elias of course falls out in the timeframe, John the Baptist does not fit at all, as he was just a bit older than Christ, and was baptising adult Christ in Jordan river. There is surely no reincarnation in the Bible, as that "born again" words are used only once. However there was some early Christian sect which believed in reincarnation, I forgot the details but Nicene Council demonized it and insisted on full death till resurrection of the dead, no matter what one finds now in the Bible or how it is interpreted, this would not be a part of Christian doctrine for Death.

The Great thing about Reincarnation, is it does not matter that religions know about it in order for it to be tro or put in to effect.

Love Omnaka

The Great thing about Reincarnation, is it does not matter that religions know about it in order for it to be tro or put in to effect.

Love Omnaka

Christ said that God is for the living people only, not for dead people. Christianity does not need any "reincarnation" to promote that moral code it chose to promote. Reincarnation is a weapon of a crook - as it in fact allows to make any sins, promising some karmic punishment in the next life. Christianity teaches that we only have one chance, the current life - you fail it, too bad. This is just different approaches, it has little to do with the beliefs.

27Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
(Hebrews 9:27-28)

I can't emphasize this point enough . . . . it is not important whether or not John fits into the time frame . . . . it is not important if any Christian or Christian sect believed in reincarnation . . . . what is important is that within these comments . . . . stating clearly who the PEOPLE thought Jesus was . . . . there appears to be a consistent belief in reincarnation.

2+2=4 is Man Made.

2+2=4 is "Faith" in my opinion.

The PROOF for you is hidden in the next-door Delicatessen. Take there two items priced $2 each - and try to pay them $3; if you survive the first round than OK, next time pay them $5 for the same. In general I also suggest you to cut an apple in halves and another time in halves each half. Then count how many groups by 2 and how much as a result. Clearly you never played any music in your life, otherwise you would've known how the full tact is counted.

But you fail to understand that 2+2=4 did NOT exist untill MAN made it exist. All i stated is god or the existence of god can be MAN made. its Possible.......... The fact is no matter how many people turn to the bible (Man Made), or claim they KNOW that god is real, no one has proof.

We all have the right to think what we want, all I know is MAN exists.

Existence: The state or fact of existing; being.

As far as I know, or anyone living on this earth knows, god does not exist here. the idea of god exists, and works. Just like the idea of 2+2=4 exists and works.