Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2+2=4 equates a certainty of god

Sherapy

I won't be around when it happens my friend, this will happen after the true church, his body, has left to join him in heaven for a time before coming back with him to end this age once and for all.

I have no doubt that it will happen, things are proceeding just as they were foretold in the bible. This is the time of the signs and believe me they have started...

But the question you really need to ask yourself is: "Will I be prepared when that day does finally come?"

I know I am, and no ammont of intellectual knowledge will prepare you for it...

Invaid answer . . . . I said IF NONE OF THIS HAPPENS . . . . will you remember this post?

What a heresy is has been well-defined and studied; none of what it means for others means anything to you, this makes you alone against the rest.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07256b.htm

This is Catholic Encyclopaedia - and it talks of heresy in pre-Christian times, as these two things, heresy and Christianity, are not connected at all.

Fine marabod . . . . believe what you want and I will remain a happy heretic.

Fine marabod . . . . believe what you want and I will remain a happy heretic.

LOL - I also believe that a lot of people use cereals for breakfast and that the internal combustion engines mostly use some forms of hydrocarbons and their derivatives.

Invaid answer . . . . I said IF NONE OF THIS HAPPENS . . . . will you remember this post?

I can't give you any other answer my friend since it is sure to happen, there are no ifs or buts on the subject, I will always remember my post though, even after it happens just so I can say, I told you so...

Edited by Jor-el

I won't be around when it happens my friend, this will happen after the true church, his body, has left to join him in heaven for a time before coming back with him to end this age once and for all.

I have no doubt that it will happen, things are proceeding just as they were foretold in the bible. This is the time of the signs and believe me they have started...

But the question you really need to ask yourself is: "Will I be prepared when that day does finally come?"

I know I am, and no ammont of intellectual knowledge will prepare you for it...

But what if the body of Christ is a universal application? What if it is a state of consciousness within the soul, rather than a literal catching up in the clouds? This 'Body of Christ' to me is no different than conceptions of, say, nirvana, Krishna or Christ Consciousness. What if in actuality, we are ALL ONE, ALL part of this universal body? Part of the whole, yet individual. I think this is a state that one must attune to with adherence to their specific belief set, rather than being caught up by Jesus. If you follow Christianity, then you will be part of the Body of Christ, if you follow Krishna you will be part of the Krishna Consciousness......IMO its different names for the same state. We follow seperate paths to reach it, but the end result, will essentially be the same, though more specific to your particular belief set.

I can't give you any other answer my friend since it is sure to happen, there are no ifs or buts on the subject, I will always remember my post though, even after it happens just so I can say, I told you so...

Okay, then I'll remember it for you. Don't be surprised when you are floating in that nothingness, waiting for all the promises to happen, if you don't hear a voice from somewhere saying, "I told you so."

But what if the body of Christ is a universal application? What if it is a state of consciousness within the soul, rather than a literal catching up in the clouds? This 'Body of Christ' to me is no different than conceptions of, say, nirvana, Krishna or Christ Consciousness. What if in actuality, we are ALL ONE, ALL part of this universal body? Part of the whole, yet individual. I think this is a state that one must attune to with adherence to their specific belief set, rather than being caught up by Jesus. If you follow Christianity, then you will be part of the Body of Christ, if you follow Krishna you will be part of the Krishna Consciousness......IMO its different names for the same state. We follow seperate paths to reach it, but the end result, will essentially be the same, though more specific to your particular belief set.

We are of course all One, as we are Images of God, each with some individuality and some specific features. There is no two similar humans on the planet, even the identical twins have different fingerprints. Christ teaches people God through respect and what they call "love" to another Images of God; this is certainly one of the possible ways. But some may not need it or they may dislike it for some individual reason - so they choose another way(s). These ways are as individual as we ourselves are and having no way at all is also a way. Because of this multiplicity of the ways we have diversity of the beliefs or disbelieves, as Atheism is also one of the ways. It is a primitive pagan concept that God requires some worship, specially a public one. In fact this is no one else's business what sort of relationships each of us has with God, as this is deeply personal, given that we are Images of God and each of us knows better than anyone else how to represent God in physical world. I do my way, and it is only God to decide was this way suitable or not.

Okay, then I'll remember it for you. Don't be surprised when you are floating in that nothingness, waiting for all the promises to happen, if you don't hear a voice from somewhere saying, "I told you so."

make that two i told you so's...

Hi Jorel,

What you said is true, but You or anyone else will Not be saying I told you so, Or they will end up remorsfull for wanting to hurt those which are already remorsful, In essence, Right along side those who do not Believe and think it Ok to hate and hurt their eternal bro.

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

The bible says that the body of Christ is the name of the true church hidden within the visible church and many times outside of it. It is not a state of consciousnes because it is something that requires only one simple belief and that is that Jesus forgives our sins on the cross, no matter how much we don't deserve it and in truth no-one really does, NO-ONE, not even Buhdda or Krishna.

It is freely given and is not to be worked for in any way. Is that what your other examples teach?

Salvation is a gift of God to those who believe, simply believe.

Hi Jorel,

What you said is true, but You or anyone else will Not be saying I told you so, Or they will end up remorsfull for wanting to hurt those which are already remorsful, In essence, Right along side those who do not Believe and think it Ok to hate and hurt their eternal bro.

Love Omnaka

Very true Omnaka,

I was simply being Facetious... one of my personality quirks that is still being worked on.

We are of course all One, as we are Images of God, each with some individuality and some specific features. There is no two similar humans on the planet, even the identical twins have different fingerprints. Christ teaches people God through respect and what they call "love" to another Images of God; this is certainly one of the possible ways. But some may not need it or they may dislike it for some individual reason - so they choose another way(s). These ways are as individual as we ourselves are and having no way at all is also a way. Because of this multiplicity of the ways we have diversity of the beliefs or disbelieves, as Atheism is also one of the ways. It is a primitive pagan concept that God requires some worship, specially a public one. In fact this is no one else's business what sort of relationships each of us has with God, as this is deeply personal, given that we are Images of God and each of us knows better than anyone else how to represent God in physical world. I do my way, and it is only God to decide was this way suitable or not.

Agreed. With regard to Jor-el's post; I understand your beliefs and I have the utmost respect for that, please do not think otherwise. However, in the spirit of debate, as we've talked about this before, you and I, how is this a free 'gift'....in that it is a gift of GUILT? You yourself say you are not worthy of this 'gift'. Now by your arguement, which I understand, is that the method I am talking about is salvation by works, or, in essence, acting under the law. But even from a fundamentalist perspective, is that line of thinking necessarily wrong?

The concept of grace is a sensible one, yet, I think many also use it as an excuse or crutch, like the examples I cited in my earlier post. If you don't act, then you cannot, or should not be 'saved'. Like the old addage of 'even Satan believes'. Grace, should TRANSFORM your actions as well as your heart. Works without faith is dead, so they say, but the reverse is true also IMO.

Agreed. With regard to Jor-el's post; I understand your beliefs and I have the utmost respect for that, please do not think otherwise. However, in the spirit of debate, as we've talked about this before, you and I, how is this a free 'gift'....in that it is a gift of GUILT? You yourself say you are not worthy of this 'gift'. Now by your arguement, which I understand, is that the method I am talking about is salvation by works, or, in essence, acting under the law. But even from a fundamentalist perspective, is that line of thinking necessarily wrong?

The concept of grace is a sensible one, yet, I think many also use it as an excuse or crutch, like the examples I cited in my earlier post. If you don't act, then you cannot, or should not be 'saved'. Like the old addage of 'even Satan believes'. Grace, should TRANSFORM your actions as well as your heart. Works without faith is dead, so they say, but the reverse is true also IMO.

There are a few sayings that I use occasionally because they stick in my mind, here is opportunity to use one...

Christ did not die to make men good, He died to make dead men alive.

Outside of him we are all dead. We are merely the walking dead or the earthbound as someone I heard once, said.

When a man becomes alive he automatically does good as the spirit of God is in him, but that person is SAVED already, there are no doubts or buts, its a done deal. It can only be broken if you stop believing it is true. Where faith is gone, God will not work.

What us fundies consistently battle with most religious christian types, is that works do not get you into heaven, no matter how great or how good. You can never please God that way, no matter how hard you try, even if you give your life.

To put it more clearly, Mans Best is the worst God can ever expect from us.

Yet I agree with your post in essence that the equilibrium can only be found in true TRANSFORMATION.

Edited by Jor-el

Brahmana, I think your ability to embrace so many varied and even opposite belief systems is admirable and interesting, but in this case I think you're having to compromise one belief system (Christianity) in order to make it fit your overall view.

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
(Eph. 2:8-10)

I think I understand why you hold to the idea idea that if you don't act you can't be saved. After all, at first glance it seems only fair and proper, we are talking about gaining eternal life and perfect union with God. But if you think that through you see that it places the ability to achieve closeness with God (Salvation) in the hands of man, and s soon as you do that you invalidate Christ's sacrifice. Although only God and the person can know for sure whether they are saved or not, I think their actions (their "fruit") serve as good indication to the rest of us. So, things work opposite from what we consider common sense: you are saved through absolutely no action other than accepting a gift, but accepting the gift not only brings Salvation, but also a change so incredible that you become the type of person who wants to do good works, who enjoys pleasing God, who loved His fellow man and gets real satisfaction from doing so.

Brahmana, I think your ability to embrace so many varied and even opposite belief systems is admirable and interesting, but in this case I think you're having to compromise one belief system (Christianity) in order to make it fit your overall view.

(Eph. 2:8-10)

I think I understand why you hold to the idea idea that if you don't act you can't be saved. After all, at first glance it seems only fair and proper, we are talking about gaining eternal life and perfect union with God. But if you think that through you see that it places the ability to achieve closeness with God (Salvation) in the hands of man, and s soon as you do that you invalidate Christ's sacrifice. Although only God and the person can know for sure whether they are saved or not, I think their actions (their "fruit") serve as good indication to the rest of us. So, things work opposite from what we consider common sense: you are saved through absolutely no action other than accepting a gift, but accepting the gift not only brings Salvation, but also a change so incredible that you become the type of person who wants to do good works, who enjoys pleasing God, who loved His fellow man and gets real satisfaction from doing so.

Well, if my post downplayed the importance of Christianity, I apologize. Look, I know my 'varied' belief systems may seem way out in left field to many, but I agree with both you and Jorel that Christ IS the Son of God. But where we differ, though, is that I feel we are ALL sons of God. In terms of a Christian playing field, my beliefs regarding Christianity would sum the closest, but not specific to, the Russian Orthodox Church, and their belief in achieving what they call Gnosis....which to me is brahman, nirvana, whatever you choose to call it. Im responding to both of your posts so forgive me if it jumps back and forth between the two.

Jorel, you said it was to make 'dead men alive'....well I agree with that, to a point. I would say that yes, we are all dead, spiritually speaking, because we are living in a state of delusion, the Maya, bound to the material and ego attachment. If one only seeks to satisy animal needs, eating, sleeping, mating, defending, gaining territory, than he himself is no better than an animal. I mean, that is dead on, what you say, in a way. Christ is an awakening point, He is the Way the Truth and the Life, but to me it is not mere literal acceptance of same, it is FOLLOWING the way.

If you are driving out into the wild in a caravan of 4WD's, that first vehicle is the one that sets the path for the others to follow. That is the Christ. A man can think He believes in Jesus all the way to the hellish realms if He does not follow the actual path, the actual example set. He is our standard bearer, or, as I like to think, one of them. Like, Son, in your post you qoute that beautiful passage from Ephesians, but to me, I think you placed the emphasis on the wrong words. For me, the emphasis should fall on LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST. Because again, we are so pathetically bound to this Maya, that we boast of our own good deeds, it is in our foolish ego nature to take pride in the good things we do. Is that not ridiculous? You want people to see that you donated that money to charity, or you like to bring up that your a wildlife advocate at cocktail parties......this is the foolishness. To live Christ, to live Brahman, we must perform good works with no attachment to same, else we are no better than the fool who does nothing.

Now Jorel, you talk about how our works do not save us, ah, but what if you are wrong? What if we are ALL already saved, and it is merely a matter of awakening to this state? What if God had accepted us from the start? But it is us, us who fell into this, created this whole delusion, so they that only method to escape the delusion is to live in it, with someone like the Christ pointing the way out of the mud? You start off as a perfect drop of water, falling as a raindrop from the clouds, only to hit the ground and become covered in filth. That is what has happened to our souls. And to hear you talk, you make it sound as though mere belief and inactivity produces a better end result? So you accept the Christ, but rather than follow the path in your 4WD that He set, you would rather sit in park and just call on His name? Why would God not look at your actions? Anyone can mumble a name in the dark, but that same person may have just cheated on his wife or killed a man. But this person will be okay because of His belief? What about, lets say, a Muslim then, on the reverse, who lives a devout and good life, blessing others with his selfless kindness? This person will not be 'saved' because he does not mumble the same name in the dark?

It is our actions that are reprehensible in this world, are they not? So should not God be looking at what we do, not necessarily what we think? The Gift, Son, my friend? You always had the Gift, only you lost it in this material plane of ignorance. Christ is merely re-illustrating, re-emphasizing that gift.

I look forward to both your replies. Clearly, we differ on many things, but we are brothers in spirit. Take care.

I like this post...

This too is a good post. I think most Christians can live without seeing the 10 commandments on the front of a courthouse. In fact, when considering how you put it (ie "I see the torture that my Navajo ancestors went through forced on them by christians") I think that it is nothing less than dutiful for the Christian to take the commandments off of the courthouse. After all, the greatest commandment according to the christian demi-god himself is to love your neighbor. Most certainly that comes before a display of something that Paul calls a curse to people anyways.

Do you not see it that way as well IamsSon? When considering the pain that such a visage might cause certain people, don't you think that maybe we can do without them on the building? I mean, think about, does it change anything whether or not the tablets are there on the courthouse? Does it stop corruption from entering? Does it stop judges from making mistakes every once in a while? Not at all.

If something causes your brother pain, don't you think that maybe you can do without the placitude that it gives you. If you don't, isn't it selfish to keep your placitude despite his pain?

Applauds!!!

I don't think I have ever seen this point made quite this well anywhere on the internet.

I beleive that god is the voice in the very back of my head.

What does it say. It says I CAN DO BETTER. do not mistaken it for saying "they can do better". No for if you have time to critic peoples follies you are not working hard enough.

And that abnoxious voice doesnt silence until you are doing your best.

I beleive that god is the voice in the very back of my head.

What does it say. It says I CAN DO BETTER. do not mistaken it for saying "they can do better". No for if you have time to critic peoples follies you are not working hard enough.

And that abnoxious voice doesnt silence until you are doing your best.

Or dead :)

Good post bro.

Love Omnaka

Well, if my post downplayed the importance of Christianity, I apologize. Look, I know my 'varied' belief systems may seem way out in left field to many, but I agree with both you and Jorel that Christ IS the Son of God. But where we differ, though, is that I feel we are ALL sons of God. In terms of a Christian playing field, my beliefs regarding Christianity would sum the closest, but not specific to, the Russian Orthodox Church, and their belief in achieving what they call Gnosis....which to me is brahman, nirvana, whatever you choose to call it. Im responding to both of your posts so forgive me if it jumps back and forth between the two.

Jorel, you said it was to make 'dead men alive'....well I agree with that, to a point. I would say that yes, we are all dead, spiritually speaking, because we are living in a state of delusion, the Maya, bound to the material and ego attachment. If one only seeks to satisy animal needs, eating, sleeping, mating, defending, gaining territory, than he himself is no better than an animal. I mean, that is dead on, what you say, in a way. Christ is an awakening point, He is the Way the Truth and the Life, but to me it is not mere literal acceptance of same, it is FOLLOWING the way.

If you are driving out into the wild in a caravan of 4WD's, that first vehicle is the one that sets the path for the others to follow. That is the Christ. A man can think He believes in Jesus all the way to the hellish realms if He does not follow the actual path, the actual example set. He is our standard bearer, or, as I like to think, one of them. Like, Son, in your post you qoute that beautiful passage from Ephesians, but to me, I think you placed the emphasis on the wrong words. For me, the emphasis should fall on LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST. Because again, we are so pathetically bound to this Maya, that we boast of our own good deeds, it is in our foolish ego nature to take pride in the good things we do. Is that not ridiculous? You want people to see that you donated that money to charity, or you like to bring up that your a wildlife advocate at cocktail parties......this is the foolishness. To live Christ, to live Brahman, we must perform good works with no attachment to same, else we are no better than the fool who does nothing.

Now Jorel, you talk about how our works do not save us, ah, but what if you are wrong? What if we are ALL already saved, and it is merely a matter of awakening to this state? What if God had accepted us from the start? But it is us, us who fell into this, created this whole delusion, so they that only method to escape the delusion is to live in it, with someone like the Christ pointing the way out of the mud? You start off as a perfect drop of water, falling as a raindrop from the clouds, only to hit the ground and become covered in filth. That is what has happened to our souls. And to hear you talk, you make it sound as though mere belief and inactivity produces a better end result? So you accept the Christ, but rather than follow the path in your 4WD that He set, you would rather sit in park and just call on His name? Why would God not look at your actions? Anyone can mumble a name in the dark, but that same person may have just cheated on his wife or killed a man. But this person will be okay because of His belief? What about, lets say, a Muslim then, on the reverse, who lives a devout and good life, blessing others with his selfless kindness? This person will not be 'saved' because he does not mumble the same name in the dark?

It is our actions that are reprehensible in this world, are they not? So should not God be looking at what we do, not necessarily what we think? The Gift, Son, my friend? You always had the Gift, only you lost it in this material plane of ignorance. Christ is merely re-illustrating, re-emphasizing that gift.

I look forward to both your replies. Clearly, we differ on many things, but we are brothers in spirit. Take care.

Bra, there is alot to be said for one who sees the value and merit in all paths.....in a world of diversity this would actually be

considered an assett...IMO

you have to buy into the christian beleifs, if one doesn't salvation and bieng saved will have no meaning....

why should it matter anyways ??? is what I'd ask....

i don't care what may or may not happen after i die what matters to me is how I live my life now and that my actions and beleifs are lived in the tone of win win. for all concerned.......

Bra, there is alot to be said for one who sees the value and merit in all paths.....in a world of diversity this would actually be

considered an assett...IMO

you have to buy into the christian beleifs, if one doesn't salvation and bieng saved will have no meaning....

why should it matter anyways ??? is what I'd ask....

i don't care what may or may not happen after i die what matters to me is how I live my life now and that my actions and beleifs are lived in the tone of win win. for all concerned.......

Well, ultimately, I feel that IS how someone should live. Like Marabod said, the fact that God needs some sort of worship, is indeed somewhat of a foolish notion. One can choose to or not; I happen to be of a more spiritual bent myself, but this is a preference, not a requirement. Your actions are what, IMO, determine your afterlife. In this regard, an absolute atheist can be just as holy as a professed religionist, provided they at least act in accordance to superior notions, that is.....a good, decent person. Each path is individual and unique, I don't think anyone is judged based upon their particular beliefset, but rather, their actions that result from same. Living in the here and now, then, is of course sound. Its all we have, the present moment.

Well, ultimately, I feel that IS how someone should live. Like Marabod said, the fact that God needs some sort of worship, is indeed somewhat of a foolish notion. One can choose to or not; I happen to be of a more spiritual bent myself, but this is a preference, not a requirement. Your actions are what, IMO, determine your afterlife. In this regard, an absolute atheist can be just as holy as a professed religionist, provided they at least act in accordance to superior notions, that is.....a good, decent person. Each path is individual and unique, I don't think anyone is judged based upon their particular beliefset, but rather, their actions that result from same. Living in the here and now, then, is of course sound. Its all we have, the present moment.

I agree, but there are some who think the lights just go out after this life, so its a get all and screw as many as you can world to them, Or how can I get over on my bro, cause time is short and thats the only way I'm gonna get it.

REligion can Give God a bad name for the Hurt it inflicts on our brother, and make others who would probably have Love for Father (God) shy away in fear and not knowing that God is LoveUnconditional,

However , Had they known this in the beginning, we would never do the work it takes to experience our spirit.

There are recipes For making worlds.

Good post bro.

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

this is a beautiful post and this philososphy shines through in all your posts... i concur the perosn you are also shines through and your fairness and grace and openess and tolerance speaks to me ..who cares the path you walk i can see you loud and clear and i am inspired by what i see.. ...(((HUGS)))

I agree, but there are some who think the lights just go out after this life, so its a get all and screw as many as you can world to them, Or how can I get over on my bro, cause time is short and thats the only way I'm gonna get it.

REligion can Give God a bad name for the Hurt it inflicts on our brother, and make others who would probably have Love for Father (God) shy away in fear and not knowing that God is LoveUnconditional,

However , Had they known this in the beginning, we would never do the work it takes to experience our spirit.

There are recipes For making worlds.

Good post bro.

Love Omnaka

or omnaka for those who think lights out see their life as a opp to use to the fullest to be the difference and do the things that benefit us all with honor. with courage, those that use thier voice to benefit the most who see the world as thier family..... ....these same folks walk on this earth lighty and live in gratitude for thier lives and take every opp to give back.....

i happen to be honored to know just such people and not just a few...who quietly and humbly use thier lives for the greater good.. do not be fooled and confuse lack of god with lack of concern or compassion or proactiveness or humanitarianism..

there are some who just love making the world a better place just because its who they are.. for no other reason..... :D

or omnaka for those who think lights out see their life as a opp to use to the fullest to be the difference and do the things that benefit us all with honor. with courage, those that use thier voice to benefit the most who see the world as thier family..... ....these same folks walk on this earth lighty and live in gratitude for thier lives and take every opp to give back.....

i happen to be honored to know just such people and not just a few...who quietly and humbly use thier lives for the greater good.. do not be fooled and confuse lack of god with lack of concern or compassion or proactiveness or humanitarianism..

there are some who just love making the world a better place just because its who they are.. for no other reason..... :D

I know many bros and sister like this also, I was Just trying to make it more understandable why other may believe and act as they do.. Good reply, Gnight, Sleep tight.

Love Omnaka

I know many bros and sister like this also, I was Just trying to make it more understandable why other may believe and act as they do.. Good reply, Gnight, Sleep tight.

Love Omnaka

i concur their are alot of great folks in this world IMO...