Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesse Jackson Apologizes for Obama Remarks

__Kratos__

The Rev. Jesse Jackson apologized Wednesday for saying Obama is “talking down to black people” during what he thought was a private conversation with a FOX News reporter Sunday.

Jackson also made an off-hand comment about cutting off a part of Obama’s anatomy.

But at a press conference he called late Wednesday in Chicago, Jackson said he supports Obama “unequivocally” and that he hopes to “get this behind me.”

“I have great passion for this campaign and traveled across the country … arguing the case for the campaign,” Jackson said. “If this thing I said in a hot-mic statement … contributed as a distraction, I offer apology for that. I don’t want harm or hurt to come to this campaign.”

He added, “They were hurtful and wrong … but we have a relationship that can survive this.”

The original comments referenced Obama’s speeches in black churches. Jackson said in a written statement he was trying to emphasize that Obama’s moral message should “not only deal with the personal and moral responsibility of black males, but to deal with the collective moral responsibility of government and the public policy.”

FOX News is scheduled to air the comments at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday on “The O’Reilly Factor.”

Jackson said the conversation “does not reflect any disparagement on my part for the historic event in which we are involved or my pride in Senator Barack Obama, who is leading it, whom I have supported by crisscrossing this nation in every level of media and audience from the beginning in absolute terms.”

More of the article here: Link*

-------------------------------------------------------------

*To note here quick, source is FOX News only because they were the ones that caught the comments and their site had more information on it then other news groups.

I don't think we should have to depend on the government for our personal responsibilities.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Bill Hill

• questionmark

• Mr  Honeybadger

Top Posters In This Topic

woah trouble in paradise... :lol:

I think Rev. Jesse Jackson is feeling a little bit left out recently.

Fox News broadcast Jackson’s remarks on "The O’Reilly Factor" Wednesday night. Jackson, speaking to Reid Tuckson, an executive vice president at United Health Group, as both men were about to be interviewed on "Fox & Friends" on Sunday, criticized Obama's faith-based campaign policy and said, "I wanna cut his n--- off."

"He's talking down to black people," Jackson told Tuckson.

Article here: Source

--------------------------------

:lol:

Edited by __Kratos__

woah trouble in paradise... :lol:

I think Rev. Jesse Jackson is feeling a little bit left out recently.

... and giving an apology is better than no press coverage at all....