Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

spirit animals

man_in_mudboots

this is for mainly for me to ask silvercougar and stricahr questions. anybody that joins in late is welcome to add. mainly id like to know:

how do you tell what your spirit animals, name, and messager are?

what is a spirit messenger?

is this a cult?

what relation does this stuff have with God?

Edited by man_in_mudboots

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• man_in_mudboots

• Lycan

• dark elf

Well, it's different for everyone.

I know people who just picked a name/animal they liked. A friend of mine always knew her animal. So did I, the name just came to me one day and it stuck. I'm not quite sure what you're asking with the last two questions, but Wiccanism/Neopaganism are not in any way related to occultism.

It is, but most of the time you already feel close to the animal, then find out later about similar qualities both in you and itself.

this is for mainly for me to ask silvercougar and stricahr questions. anybody that joins in late is welcome to add. mainly id like to know:

how do you tell what your spirit animals, name, and messager are?

what is a spirit messenger?

is this a cult?

what relation does this stuff have with God?

It's different between many people. Some meditate and focus, other's use peyote(under a controled enviroment with a medican man), others use dream working...

Spirit messangers are generaly sent to help with any huge problems in your life. Kinda like how christians say "I was in huge distress and I could hear my mother, who's been dead for..., tell me it's alright and that I should do.." You just gotta watch the signs. There are spirit animal charts out there like "Wolf means family.." stuff like that... But then again, that veries from culture to culture, tribe from tribe.

As for being a cult... Not unless someone makes it. tongue.gif I swear cults are started by people who want to see how "sheep like" humans can be.

*shrugs* Depends if you belive in God or not, I guess. I know a few worshiping christians who say they have spirit guides and animals.

You can also develope an affinaty with other animals as well.. drawn apon for different situations in your life. But the meaning is something you keep deep inside you, it's your personal affinaty with the animal..

it seems that for most people, they're drawn to a certain animal and that's usually their spirit animal. for me, it was dragons. but it depends on your personality too because certain animals are associated with certain qualities. it just depends. and no, it's got nothing to do with occult.

this may clarify a little

I think it's obvious as to what animal I'm drawn to.

Lobsters?

*ducks flying objets*

I kid! I joke!

Lobsters?

*ducks flying objets*

I kid! I joke!

Naturally.

laugh.gif

And I bet you like ant larvae.

I like them. As feed for my pet lizard.

*snickers*

Kitties! Well big cats anyway... That's what I'm drawn to... Cats and Orcas. Belugas are cool too.

*Starting to ramble and shuts up*

Seriously though. I have a feeling everyone has a spirit animal. It's up to us to actually find out what it is.

Yep. Can show a person paths, and give them information... but you can't make them walk down any of them. Which one is taken, is up to the person who wishes to walk.

Yep. They're just merely guides to help us on our way and to keep us reasonably safe on our journey.

At least that's how I see them. If you pay attention to them they can help us with everyday life if we ask them to.

then what exactly is a spirit animal? is it sort of like the person in the parallel world of animals? or the incarnation of the person's soul? is it a gaurdian angle type thingy?

well, mr lycan, i followed your link, and it seems im either:

a frog

a coyote

and......a dragonfly! its true. i expected something dumb, i looked thru the list of hcaracteristics to see which i associated myself with without looking at the animal representative, and those are the three i turned up with. notice they are all good swamp critters.....

then what exactly is a spirit animal? is it sort of like the person in the parallel world of animals? or the incarnation of the person's soul? is it a gaurdian angle type thingy?

I know this answer's gunna not make sence at all at first but...

Niether and either or.

There really isn't a set explination as to a spirit animal, aside a guide, teacher, and yes, guardian.

But some will say the spirit animal will choose you, if you seek one hard enough to wish their help and guidence.

How do you know? When it feels right, I'd guess.

How did I find out mine? I did alot of seeking, meditation, dream working (where I was at the time, didn't allow me the luxury of going to anyone for help... ) Finaly, in one particulare dream that stays with me, always, I knew.

Sure, websites can tell you what each animal means, and you can go "Yeah, I associat with that meaning!" And, more then likely, you will and you can learn from it. But then again, if you seek, and see another animal... there's another message, maybe something else that you need to know about yourself.

Ahem...

That would be Ms. Lycan...

oh, crud. hee hee. blush.gif

Ahem...

That would be Ms. Lycan...

laugh.gif

*gnaws on sister wolfy*

iv'e alwys been drawn to dolphins does that make it my spiritual animal? disgust.gif

uh.. I dunno ;P That's not up to me to tell you. tongue.gif

uh.. I dunno ;P  That's not up to me to tell you.  tongue.gif

No one can tell you what you're spiritual animal is, it's up to you to figure it out. original.gif

and SilverCougar...please refrain from 'gnawing' on me laugh.gif