Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Best Guitar Player Of All Time.

Who do you think is the best guitar player of all time?

I think it is Jimi Hendrix. Others that I think are good are Duane Allman, Zakk Wylde, Jimmy Page, Slash, Angus Young, and Kirk Hammond.

Dick Dale would have to be the best of the best, but there are some many that come close it's hard to name them all

Steve Vai is another one

Who do you think is the best guitar player of all time?

I think the best guitar player of all time was Randy Rhodes......heavy sigh

I think the best guitar player of all time was Stevie Ray Vaughan....heavier sigh

The best living guitar player today is Robin Trower.

My favorite guitar players are Robin, David Gilmore, Stevie Ray, Zakk Wilde

Here is a pic of Robin Trower (My copyright):

post-49-1078283311.jpg

Edited by joc

Stevie Ray Vaughan that was the other one I couldn't think of, pity he didn't get to live long sad.gif

Here's bucket head's site:Buckethead Land

He has a couple of free downloads. Here's one.

Nottingham Lace

He's done several music scores for movies. He filled in for Slash for Guns and Roses last tour. Worked with everyone and there brother in the music industry. Did a lot with Primus.

His style ranges from Horror metal riffs to clasical to funk to Dance trance. Buckethead can play any style. He's the most original guitar player in the world today. Read about his Bio you'll flip how crazy it sounds. But he has one major cult following. And on all of his albums he plays every instrument.

I'd have to say Douglas Richardson is the mos phenomenal guitar player I have ever seen or heard in all my life. It's unfortunate that he had too many other character flaws to become well known.

Richard Thompson

&

Robbie Krieger

Hugh Cornwell

Randy Rhodes is definately #1.

Eddie Van Halen has got to be a close second.

Whilst all the people u have listed are great guitarists in terms of innovation an true genious there are only 2 guitarists that this can be between.

Jimmy Paige

Jimmi Hendrix

An hendrix wins it hands down because he was a true pioneer. thumbsup.gif

Can't do all time favorite unless of course you are discussing albums and then it would have to be The Shadows Apache album . Can do best contemporary Guitarists though , Ben Harper and John Fraciante both capable of producing a unique sound from there guitar that dosen't sound like a Santana rip off . thumbsup.gif

Hendrix, very closely followed by Eric Clapton

Depends on the song played,i think anyone who can play is good,so the question is who is the best song writter/guitar player,,,, sad.gif

But i like the boozouki hahaha laugh.gif

Tsitsanis POWER thumbsup.gif

Whilst all the people u have listed are great guitarists in terms of innovation an true genious there are only 2 guitarists that this can be between.

Jimmy Paige

Jimmi Hendrix

An hendrix wins it hands down because he was a true pioneer.

Well like the song goes....(sort of) .....there's 18,043 guitar pickers from Nashville.

And every one of them can play twice as better than I will....

You know what else they say: Great guitar players are a dime a dozen. But Legends are the ones you like the best!

Does anyone remember Uli Jon Roth? Phenomenal....original (I think) Scorpions

guitar. I saw him once in Dallas, Tx.

Randy Rhodes :

But seriously: Have you ever watched a Rubix Cube contest? Does anyone here know what a rubix cube is? When you get down to it, best guitarist

equals favorite guitarist...doesn't it. Unless you want to get into a technical discussion. tongue.gif

post-49-1078320443.jpg

But seriously: Have you ever watched a Rubix Cube contest? Does anyone here know what a rubix cube is? When you get down to it, best guitarist

equals favorite guitarist...doesn't it. Unless you want to get into a technical discussion.

Surprisingly joc i agree ......well kinda

Most people are swung by favourites ........but as im obviously superior too such i was talking about technical gift.

lol

If its favourites then ma fav is noel gallagher cos wen i was growin up all i ever listened to was oasis an i thought his solos were class. How could i possibly say he was the best guitarist ever?

I think Berry then Hendrix. 3rd would be given to Clapton followed by Paige and so forth.

But best bassist is Flea.

Clapton by far. But what is all this crap about guitar players, where would they be without the drums. Or how about the Banjo, now you have to have some real tallent to play that thing. I think the guitar is one of the lower instruments in the scheme of a band. You can sub about anything for a guitar, a piano is a much more impresive instrument. but thats just my thoughts... I play the drums...

CASTOR

I'd vote for Junior Brown or Roy Clark.

Clapton by far. But what is all this crap about guitar players, where would they be without the drums. Or how about the Banjo, now you have to have some real tallent to play that thing. I think the guitar is one of the lower instruments in the scheme of a band. You can sub about anything for a guitar, a piano is a much more impresive instrument. but thats just my thoughts... I play the drums...

CASTOR

I have to disagree with you there. I used to play the piano, that is, until I found the guitar. I would have to say that guitar is more impressive. And as for the banjo, it isn't the banjo, its how its played. A lot of people who play the banjo pluck the strings with their fingers, often very fast. You can do this on a guitar, but , obviously, the guitar is bigger in size then the banjo.

And I don't know how you can sub anything for a guitar, but I do know of a thing called the drum machine.

But best bassist is Flea.

I would have to say that Flea is a close second to Les Claypool.