Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crystal skulls found to be fakes

UM-Bot

user posted image rAbout this for the next instalment of the Indy franchise: "Indiana Jones and the Dodgy Antiques Dealer"? Less than three months after the Quai Branly Museum in Paris discovered that a crystal skull once proclaimed as a mystical Aztec masterpiece was a fake, it is now the turn of the British Museum and the Smithsonian Institution to find they were victims of skull-duggery.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo! News

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ROGER

• www375

• The Florida Hoosier

• GHOST_SQUIRREL

I don't see how this affects the movie. Since the movie claims them to be alien skeletons.

This is one of those articles that make me feel crazy. I swear we knew they weren't real for LIKE OVER A DECADE AT LEAST!!!!!! Or another very plausible possibility is that I am a total precog.

This is one of those articles that make me feel crazy. I swear we knew they weren't real for LIKE OVER A DECADE AT LEAST!!!!!! Or another very plausible possibility is that I am a total precog.

It's just the fact that you are from the future:P

If they plan to throw the thing away, send it my way! I don't care if it's fake. It's still very cool looking.

Or better yet, let China mass produce more of them so Every body has one! ;)

With 10 0/0 going to the U.M. Forums for the idea!

Coming soon to a Pier One Imports near you!!!! lol

As usual, something fantastic that would cause others to believe and admit in the impossible, otherworldly or otherwise, strange, is 'disproven' so no one has to break down and drop their skeptical attitudes.

not very surprising.

As usual, something fantastic that would cause others to believe and admit in the impossible, otherworldly or otherwise, strange, is 'disproven' so no one has to break down and drop their skeptical attitudes.

not very surprising.

Skepticism is good because if there is anything otherworldly out there it should stand up to actual scrutiny, which these didn't.

Well, HA to the British Museum and Smithsonian Institution.

Shouldn't it have been obvious ages ago that ancient civilisations couldn't make something like that?

linked-image

Mine isn't old but it's made of Rose Quartz and I still like it. I have a dozen others as well that are smaller and made from various stones; Sodalite, Onyx, Smokey and Clear Quartz, Tigers Eye etc.

I do think it is possible the Mitchel Hedges skull is very old but with it being tested such will never be proven.

Edited by MaggieDruydess

I Still think that the Mitchell Hodges Crystal Skull is real...

well, it's made of real crystal...

well, it's made of real crystal...

And was made by real people........

Well, HA to the British Museum and Smithsonian Institution.

Shouldn't it have been obvious ages ago that ancient civilisations couldn't make something like that?

Actually the pre-dynastic Egyptian were able to drill marble with tools that didn't exist until the 19th century and are considered as fake also, except they were dated to be 5000 years old, but science do those things, just like the Baghdad batteries were considered as cult object, because no one could create electricity 2000 years ago.... :P

I hated that they were fake

I believed so bad in them! But not like NA or something

anyway I couldnt wait to the minute when the 13 were found and something cool happened suddenly

They were so cool!