Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

elves

swagger

i have a theory that there were real elves. their race started to die out to they began to breed with humans, therefore creating half elves.. some people have attributes of elves such as pointed ears and long slinder faces. also i believe there were orcs or something like an orc that did the same thing.because i've seen quite a few people who look orcish lol. also i believe there used to be the use of magic and/or spells a while back aswell. now you rarely find a practicing mage and if there are any their shunned by society. i believe magic was used often long ago but now is looked down upon because oue society is different and we are told that this stuff is fake and are easly distracted by tv or vedio games etc... my thought  :su

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• Peter_Pan_is_real

• swagger

• dantheman2435

Swagger,

I believe you are , at least , mostly correct.

Our "racial" memory suggests that there were several "races" of men.

The elves, orcs,dwarves and so on.

As to whether they were real is open to debate.

But if you could imagine a neanderthal headhunter I am sure the argument could be made that he was an "orc".

Dwarves are simply short humans of a slightly differing build.

Elves are likely the same.

The "historical" enmity between elves and dwarves is more cultural than physical.

It is also possible that elves, dwarves, and orcs are alien beings, whether they are extra-dimensional, extra-terrestrial, or even extra planar is, again, open for debate.

Magic "is".

Whether it is the arcane, psychic, or technological.

A sci-fi show "Babylon 5" had a group called "techno mages".

They performed "magic" through the use of technology.

The perverbial arcane mage is "Merlin" of Arthurian fame.

The last category is psychic.

I believe that the evidence is there to support psychic/psionic manipulation, but we haven't learned to recognize it scientifically yet.

So, the short answer is yes , all of these things existed; from a certain point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

Magic is still practised today in many forms On the whole it is shuned by society I have seen crafted magiK in action I believe this is what you think of when you refer to sorcerers like Merlin , and yes I believe it works allthough it differs slightly to the magic you see at the movies like the Harry Potter stuff .

I have known a couple who could not have children try for years untill they finnally decided to seek help from a witch (this particular witch is a man) and they concieved with in a month of following his instrutions.

I have also seen a young man suffering from lukemia have his blood count rise three times and each time after a healing spell was cast.

It is an interesting subject but to many people judge it before they have learned anything about it.

[blue]

An interesting aside on this is voodoo, which I believe holds power over a person only if that person believes that voodoo is real and a force to be reckoned with. If the person thinks, 'pish, I don't go in for all that mumbo jumbo' then voodoo has no power over them. This works both in a negative way and in a positive way - ie. curses and placebos.

As far as elves go, I believe that there were indeed and still are 'little people' in the quiet places of the world but not in a conventionally physical way. They probably are multi-dimensional.

By the way oljess, I like your phrase 'extra planar'. Cool. :sg

[/blue]

LB, i completely agree with you on the placebo effect. The placebo effect is very real, and i believe that that is what most magic is based on.

::) :s2 :s2 @ Homer

P.S and L.B I agree that the placebo effect is real but I will disagree P.S that most magic is based on that............ ;D

I agree with celtic on this one as in the example I gave of the gentlman with lukemia he was completly un ware that the healing spells had taken place.

allthough the brain is capable of some interesting things that the body is not aware of . Ihave been known to get phsycosamatic cold sores I only have to no some body has one and I get one . :sj

I've allways wanted to use that smilie ;D

• 1 month later...

Of course Elves are real. Call me insane (and I will agree, muah ha ha!) but I think Tolkein had sumfin goin when he wrote all this stuff. I know alot of ppl who look like Elves (myself included) and I have a friend who look like a Dwarf and I know some ppl who look and sound exactly like Orcs. Like I said, call me insane, but definetly believe this.

• 1 month later...

I know a friend of my looks like a Half Human and Half Elf and his ears look little bit pointy. But I call him Mr. Vulcan or Mr Half Breed Elf

• 10 months later...

I agree with celtic on this one as in the example I gave of the gentlman with lukemia he was completly un ware that the healing spells had taken place.

was he getting modern treatment as well? rolleyes.gif

Is it possible that the psychosomatic cold sores that Kismet speaks of could be triggered by stress? I had shingles a couple of years ago, I was pretty stressed at the time and I think that's what brought it on. I believe shingles and cold sores are both related, i.e. the herpes virus [feel free to correct if I am wrong, I probably am].

If all the elves died out, would that be considered an elf hazard?

Budum-tish.

Ive always thought that in fantasy tales, elves seem to represent the Celts, dwarves represent the Vikings or Germanic tribes, and orcs represent the Moors or Almohads?

viking(more appropriatly, the norse) legands tell of how drawfs made some metal boars and where very good craftspeople, but the ones in norse tradition wheren't warriors, just minors and artisans.

Swagger that's interesting, I'm not saying that I believe it but it sounds like a interesting theory.

Happy Holidays wink2.gif

i have a theory that there were real elves. their race started to die out to they began to breed with humans, therefore creating half elves.. some people have attributes of elves such as pointed ears and long slinder faces. also i believe there were orcs or something like an orc that did the same thing.because i've seen quite a few people who look orcish lol. also i believe there used to be the use of magic and/or spells a while back aswell. now you rarely find a practicing mage and if there are any their shunned by society. i believe magic was used often long ago but now is looked down upon because oue society is different and we are told that this stuff is fake and are easly distracted by tv or vedio games etc... my thought  wiggle.gif

My friend Matt Has elf ears! and he is tall for his age....

rolleyes.gifI verymuch agree with your theory. Though I doubt that those that lived back then were called orcs. lol. well, I know what you mean about not having many practicing mages. I myself only know three. one that is a master. we live in a world where people feel they and those around them NEED to be accepted by all of society. so when there is a threat of difference . . . THEY DESTROY IT. disgust.gif I myself had my life threatened several times. I beleive it is true that magic/magick was used often in the olden days . . . not all stories come from drunken men in a pub you know. And don't beleive the "robed" they just don't want to loose paritioners' $$$. Well if anyone wants to chat about this further you can e-mail me. Keep believing. thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I do believe in Elves. I do. I do. wink2.gif I mean, why not? Why can't they be real? Middle Earth could be very tangible...I hope it is. Tolkien was a genuis.

disgust.gif Convince me! and santas starting to hire mexican workers to because of bush so the elves get 2 days off a year homer.

and back on topic I think most mythological storys/legends ect.. were either fake or just something not understood by the people of the time period in wich they occured.

grin2.gif yous should read about the tuatha de danaan and the irish fairytales! some very cool interesting stories which i found quite thought provoking thumbsup.gif really makes ya wanna believe.

Orcs, elves, and dwarves are all very plausible.

Of course, the deal with them is that we're probably only talking about a particular group of humans through pocket communities bred offshoots.

I mean, in Africa, there are those pygmy tribes that developed.