Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
STIX

religion sucks

STIX

The best perspective is an outside one.

I have not been raised under any system of beliefs, only to lead a good, decent life. Therefore my perspective on religion is an outside one.

As I see it the worst part of religion is how arrogant the people are that compose it. As they see it, everyone who does not follow them will burn in hell and they will be taken to a place of eternal happiness and love, where everything is perfect.

wouldnt it make more sence if what you do in life reflects how difficult your next life would be? like if you invent something that saves millions of lives you will have a pretty cushy life ahead of you in your next life (say the son of a millionair), or if you invent something that destroys life (Atom bomb) you will have a horrible life ahead of you after you die (lets say a homeless child in poverty stricken country).

what do you think? arrogant or just enlightened?

bathory

lock!

STIX

lock? this must be an instinct of all people that believe in creationism, because whenever a different idea is presented it is shut down.

let me guess, you think the earth is still flat.

stillcrazy

Belief is not the same as religion, and religion is not the same as belief.

I will agree that some leaders of religious organizations are very arrogant as are the leaders of other organizations.

I'm sure you will find that topics about religion and faith get locked down very soon after being posted.

I do find it interesting that poeple can believe in god and not aliens, or believe in aliens and not god.

But what do I know, I'm just an old drunk with a computer. whistling2.gif

STIX

wouldnt the existance of aliens disprove most religions?

stillcrazy

Not really. IF god created man on this planet, why couldn't he create another man on another planet? Aliens could have created god to get man to keep from destroying himself. (Fat Chance, but it looked good on the drawing table)

So without proof one way or another it is impossible to say. But making the thread title Religion Sucks is a sure way to A: Draw fire and B; Get the thread shut down.

Just an observation.

Edited by stillcrazy

STIX

yeah...bad tread name on my part, i admit my trasgression and would change it...but I cant

there is no reference to aliens in the bible, if god created other intelligent species, why not make them in his vision? would he refer to them as our brothers in creation? mabye a second garden of eden? Science dictates that different species are products of their environments and the food chains underneath them. but what would be the reason for a bi-ped to evolve?

Althalus

Even though there is no arguement on this thread, yet it is still better to lock it, and be safe than for anyone to start getting miffed over persecution of there religion that could come from this thread.