Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird Missle Test

ExUs101

Does any one know whats up with this? I took this picture myself with a Intel cs630 camera on Thursday, September 19, 2002, at 7:47:40 PM. I got the exact time by right clicking on the picture and going to propertys i copied the day it was created. I wouldn't have rememberd it on the top of my head.

Ppl say it was some kind of missle test. I kind of doubt that. All you ppl who know about these things give me your opinion.

P.S. I have 3 more of these pics. alien.gifalien.gif

post-14-1078366557.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• ExUs101

• Spartan

• Dowdy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you live near Santa Barbara County California? The army base on the point (can't remember the name) test fires rockets using magnetic propulsion. When the rockets leave the atmosphere it creates a white Auroa Borealis in the sky just like what you have photographed. The first time I saw one in Santa Barbara looked pretty crazy.

I do live by there. The thing that I dont get was why did they do it? Was it for the government to see if how citizens would react to it? I remember running outside with fear, thinking another stupid terrorist attack lol.. I grabbed my camera and started taking pictures of this weird light in the sky.

but why over U.S. Soil? why not somewhere else? ph34r.gif

ExUs101 Damn good picture. When I see weird stuff like that I'm too amazed to grab my camera. But looking at the photo, I see what appears to be a object that is in a spiral/ wide spin as if something went wrong. Like a rudder jammed to the left and caused the object to spin out of control. But again NICE SHOT AND QUICK THINKING. thumbsup.gif

give that picture to Art Bell and make a story up that is was a UFO (ie. It was stationary for a few seconds and then flew off leaving that trail behind).

Should create controversy

It looks like a rocket test out of Vandenburg. The squigly lines are due to the change in wind directions at different altitudes. It starts out straight and gets blown about to look like your photo. The reason it is glowing is that the spent propellant is high enough to catch the setting sun and be reflected.

Very good picture thumbsup.gif

As Fluffy stated, it looks like a missile launch. To give you some perspective, HERE'S a page that offers similar photo's of a night time launch.

Magikman

its to close for a rocket test,

come on does the USA fire blody rockets near a town

man the town would of known about this and it would of been a big deal

my question is did anyone else see it in your town,that also knows of no test in the past.

Pray tell, Spartan, just how close do you perceive the launch to have been to the 'town"? Vandenburg is on the west coast, launches are directed over the ocean, but they can be viewed and/or photographed at 'safe' distances. An even better perspective can be seen from These series of photo's of another night time launch. If you read the brief summary at the top of the page, the launches are made public, either ExUs101 never heard about it, or just isn't telling anyone here in order to enhance the 'mystery', who can tell?

MM

Edited by Magikman

If you read the brief summary at the top of the page, the launches are made public, either ExUs101 never heard about it, or just isn't telling anyone here in order to enhance the 'mystery', who can tell?

I read the briefing, that is why i asked if anyone knew

and yes i do understand that they are far away

BUT if he is lying the town dont know then next statement is void,wich is "look carefully at the picture,the tails smoke if you call it,is to well defind"but its void if he is lying

its cool

CONFIRMATION that it was a missile launch. Look about 3/4's of the way down this page, there was a launch on Sept. 19th, 2002. Photo is very similar.

MM cool.gif

Magikman sorry,i just took a look at the photos you posted

MMM cool

were is the projectile going to?

Here's another pic of the missle test as all you requested. If u want the rest just tell me an i'll send them to you..

post-14-1078709491.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Aren't they the same picture? The first and second one you posted.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

Aren't they the same picture? The first and second one you posted.

No, the object is much brighter in the first.

EXUS101.....AWESOME! i live in LA county and remember about the same time seeing that same thing in the sky. I remember it specifically cause i had ditched my philosophy class and was hangin out having a cigarette with a couple friends at bout 8 at nite. I looked up and saw it actually streak across the sky and leave that kind of mark, i thought they were shootin ICBM's at iraq or somethin, i wasnt sure. They even did a local news story on the 10 o clock news. They said on that program that the base out in the desert was testing missles in case of a west coast attack on america...kinda strange though

Here are upcoming launches in the So Cal area....look for them blink.gif

Upcoming Rocket Tests

Strange that this many launches are actually going on.

Edited by fearfulone