Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You know...some people are just impossible...

ambelamba

I got this from Yahoo! News.

New Agers Dance Naked Around The Pyramid

If the moderator feels that this thread belongs to somewhere else, s/he can go ahead and move it. As long as many of you guys read the news, that's fine with me...

Some of the world's great attractions never quite live up to expectations.

The Pyramids of Giza do.

The last of the Seven Wonders of the World to still be standing, the pyramids generate obsessive fervor among archaeologists, Egyptologists, Aliens-built-the-pyramid fanatics, historians, kids, climbers, and just about anyone with a fascination for the world.

The pyramids attract all kinds. Some visitors pay big bucks to take part in wacky New Age spiritual tours where they can climb into the humid chambers to tap into their past lives.

Women who think they are the reincarnation of Queen Nefertiti join guys who think they are the reincarnation of Ramses II, or some other great Pharaoh. They come to Egypt so they can release their spirits and dip into the ancient knowledge collected at the pyramids.

They burn sage and close unseen portals to the netherworld so they can put restless spirits to rest. They take turns laying down in the ancient stone caskets and form meditation circles in the chambers.

One of the local guides who helps organize such tours told me over the weekend that one recent group reserved private time in the underground pyramid chambers so they could get naked for their ceremony.

One wonders if that's what the Pharaohs had in mind when they built the pyramids, but never mind.

If there is one name that is synonymous with the pyramids it is Zahi Hawass, head of Egypt's modestly-titled Supreme Council of Antiquities, and his nation's best-known archaeologists.

Hawass is a man both feared and revered.

In 2006, he was named one of Time Magazine's 100 most influential people in the world.

With his white hair and trademark Indiana Jones hat, Hawass is something of a gatekeeper to human history. He decides who can and can't work and what projects will go forward. He has made headlines for declaring that Egyptians are not Arab and not African. And he has led the charge for the return of Egypt's ancient looted treasures.

This past weekend, Hawass spent his days writing his latest book longhand (as he always does) on a yellow notepad, flying to Monte Carlo for a conference and meeting the newly-married sports legends Greg Norman and Chris Evert.

One of his biggest ongoing projects in Luxor is the recreation of the Avenue of Sphinxes that once joined the temples of Luxor and Karnak.

To recreate the avenue, Egypt is razing homes, moving mosques and demolishing schools.

Not unexpectedly, the project is drawing mixed reactions.

Though controversial, the avenue at night already offers a stunning sight...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Syntax

• Lt_Ripley

• ambelamba

• Godsnmbr1

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that you don't agree with it doesn't mean that it isn't true. That's the first thing you need to remember. And yes, I think this is definitely in the wrong section.

But that doesn't mean it really is ;)

Women who think they are the reincarnation of Queen Nefertiti join guys who think they are the reincarnation of Ramses II, or some other great Pharaoh. They come to Egypt so they can release their spirits and dip into the ancient knowledge collected at the pyramids.

This creates an interesting situation...

Man 1: Hi there! what are you doing here at the pyramids?

Man 2: I am the reincarnation of Ramases II, this is like home to me.

Man 1: Really?? I am too! fancy that! well, enjoy yourself...

Man 2: yeah you too

*pause*

Man 1: haaaaaaang ooooon

Women who think they are the reincarnation of Queen Nefertiti join guys who think they are the reincarnation of Ramses II,

:lol: too funny.

I'm only a little bothered by this. But hey... to each his own is the saying, isn't it?

"Women who think they are the reincarnation of Queen Nefertiti join guys who think they are the reincarnation of Ramses II,"

Are you sure that instead of Ramses II you mean Trojan II?

S.E.

Why is it nobody ever claims to be the reincarnation of the pis*-boy? They're people to, ya know.

Why is it nobody ever claims to be the reincarnation of the pis*-boy? They're people to, ya know.

That's a good question! :lol:

you were watching History of the World Part 1 weren't you !!! love Mel Brooks.

hey I may think one is delusional to be dancing naked believing your king tut , but I think the same about those who believe in Jesus is coming back or rose from the dead . Both are just as valid and to each their own delusion.