Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

List of the types of PK

Lumen

There are many things that people can do with their minds, a list would be nice I think. So I'm starting one, replies with names and

definitions. Please post if and only if you are serious in your comment. And please keep to the rules of the forum.

Psychokinesis - A general term, includes all types of psychic abilities. The ability to influence the world around you with the power of your mind.

Telekinesis - The ability to move objects with your mind alone.

Pyrokinesis - The ability to manipulate matter in it's plasma form. Not just fire.

Aerokinesis - The ability to manipulate matter in it's gas form.

Hydrokinesis - The ability to manipulate matter in it's liquid form.

Geokinesis - The ability to manipulate matter in it's solid form.

------------ - The ability to manipulate matter in it's condensate form. (Bose-Einstein condensate) Need name

Electrokinesis - The ability to manipulate energy at a atomic level. Electrokinesis and Magnetokinesis are almost identical

Magnetokinesis - The ability to manipulate magnetic fields. Electrokinesis and Magnetokinesis are almost identical

Photokinesis - The ability to control light-waves. Subcategory of magneto/electro kinesis.

Umbrakinesis - The ability to control light to create shadow. Subcategory of photokinesis.

ESP - AKA Esper, 6th sense, or Extra sensual perception

Telepathy - The ability to send and receive messages by thought only.

Clairvoyance - The ability to see things that are unseen. (Invisible, In the future, far away, in the past etc.)

Clairaudiance - The ability to hear things that are unheard. (Thoughts, future, far away, past, radio waves etc.)

More to come, provided I get helpful replies.

Edited by Lumen
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I think you forgot Two of my faves:

Audiokinesis-the control of Sound Waves

Chronokinesis-the control of YOUR perception of time

I wanna learn both of them and Magnetokinesis and Hydrokinesis

Anyone know how? I really want to learn :(

Delusiokinesis...

I think thats the only true psi power... would be nice if i was wrong though, then the world would be a more interesting place.

I think you forgot Two of my faves:

Audiokinesis-the control of Sound Waves

Chronokinesis-the control of YOUR perception of time

I wanna learn both of them and Magnetokinesis and Hydrokinesis

Anyone know how? I really want to learn :(

you cant learn them.

and just controlling your own personal perception of something isnt a kinesis power. i dont know why you keep saying it is.

wow. i never knew there were THAT many but I kinda wunna learn hydrokinesis, can u teach me?

water is my favorate element

the psi wheel is BS. it works because of science, not magic powers.

you cant learn them.

and just controlling your own personal perception of something isnt a kinesis power. i dont know why you keep saying it is.

the psi wheel is BS. it works because of science, not magic powers.

[/quote

That's putting it sorta bluntly isn't it? What is and isn't BS is an opinion. I haven't seen any info. quoted that would support or refute most of the opinions on here, including yours.

I break psychic ability into a few simple categories.

1. Manipulation of reality. AKA psycho/telekenetics. This is creating a quantifiable change in the enviroment while excluding the use of known physical means.

2. Extrapilation of the known. AKA clairvoyance, Clairaudience, ESP

provided with enough data a mathmetician could predict anything, this being said this category becomes more like a savant skill.

*[Note] telepathy may simply be a prediction of what one might think and or say. i have done this easily myself.

As for the sending of a signal well this is technically a form of kinesis as the enviroment is being manipulated.

Edited by Nik Xues

Due to the etymology, psychokinesis (psyche: mind, kinesis: physical movement) or PK, is a larger category only for active and affectual ability to influence the physical world around you with the power of your mind - being responsible for acuasal physical and objective movement or other manipulation.

I've never come across the interpretation of pyrokinesis as including all plasma manipulation. How does "geokinesis" differ from normal telekinesis - water or physical objects are still "matter"?

Some people say there's some sort of shadow manipulation, umbrakinesis, which of course is shadows. From this, there's probably someone that says there is a luminokinesis or something similar. "Biokinesis" would be the affectation of health or bodily functions, perhaps "psychic surgery" and maybe even laying on of hands.

Although apparently his research was considered a fraud overall, psychical research (ESP) pioneer J. B. Rhine's categories included:

DIVISION EXAMPLE

A. Parapsychical Extra Sensory Perception (E.S.P.)

B. Parapsychophysical Psychokinesis (Telekinesis)

C. Parapsychophysiology Stigmatization

D. Parapsychopathology Psychic healing

E. Parapsycholiteracy Automatic writing

Subdivisions of Parapsychology - basically, each category above can contain the below.

DIVISION EXAMPLE

1. Single Corporeal Simple Clairvoyance

2. Incorporeal Influencing Corporeal Possession

3. Corporeal-Incorporeal Cooperative Medium trance

4. Single Incorporeal Simple Hauntings

Note: The following five subdivisions were not included in Dr. Rhine's original theories and are not recognized as valid extensions of his work. They are included only to offer a more complete extrapolation of the possibilities that could conceivably exist in Rhine's framework.

5. Corporeal Influencing Corporeal Telepathic suggestion (mind control)

6. Corporeal Influencing Incorporeal Spirit summoning (necromancy)

7. Corporeal Cooperative Telepathy

8. Incorporeal Influencing Incorporeal NO DATA (Astral combat?)

9. Incorporeal Cooperative NO DATA (Astral ceremonial magic?)

Further info, in a thread I made, here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=166290

Edited by Paranormalcy

Thanks for the constructive comments. I don't see listing as a place for opinions. If you have a new one, add it, if not don't negate what somebody else has added. I doubt anybody can list theem all without a book to go by but I didn't see any resources cited where the info. came from

Wanted to pass on a great book by Theresa Cheung titled "The Element Encyclopedia of the Psychic World", all 850 pages, covering topics A to Z.

That's putting it sorta bluntly isn't it? What is and isn't BS is an opinion. I haven't seen any info. quoted that would support or refute most of the opinions on here, including yours.

do you mean, support that just having a different perception of something in the world isnt a psychic power?

or for the psi wheel, with something like this?

• 4 months later...

there area alot of others and I dont think your definitions are that good (it seems biased to me) but you do have the generaly known ones (not including Biokinsesis) Some I can name of the top of my head: Atmo, Atmos, Auto, Agro, Papyro, Umbra, Vita, Zoa, Lunar, and Lipo.

I will expalin these and if you messege me.

Papyrokinesis. Really? Autokinesis. Agrokinesis...

I remain dumbfounded on what to say on some posts in these types of threads. But at least people are discussing things civilly for the most part, and I daresay definitely from different points of view.

Hey guys. I was using biokinesis on my eyes yesterday for the first time in 2 years and my left eye felt like it was on fire and was going to bleed, the longer I fed it energy. It hurt extremely bad and have white rings in both eyes and my vision is fine. Any advice on what's going on?

Edited by nightwalker94

Hey guys. I was using biokinesis on my eyes yesterday for the first time in 2 years and my left eye felt like it was on fire and was going to bleed, the longer I fed it energy. It hurt extremely bad and have white rings in both eyes and my vision is fine. Any advice on what's going on?

sorry to say I don't think that was biokinesis, well maybe in some small form, but you know how when you concentrate on something in your body (such as eye, nose, ears, etc...) it tends to tingle. That is usually the aspect of your mind saying "Blood, go that way!" in a strange way. It could have also put pressure on your eye as well. I've done that once and it felt like my eye was going to pop. LOL

i did something like that once.... i was attempting biokinesis on my eyes, to try and make them better. (i wear glasses/contacts) and my eyes started to burn, tingle, and water very badly. eyes are squishy sacks of goo.... and i seriously doubt that they were made to contain much energy, or at least not as much compared to other, solid body parts.

I was really interested with PK a few years back, and I gathered up several kinds of kinesis' an put them in a word document; I got them from different sources and I wrote 36 in total. I didn't make up any. Here's a few that weren't described already:

Photokinesis

The ability to create control/manipulate light.

With this ability, you could control lighting, change the color of light, bend small lasers, make your aura visible to others, and much more. You could also create minor illusions. One technique is to go to a dark room and then imagine a ball of light particles in your hand, then imagine them shooting out in a straight line from you fingers. You could also try to make a lighted psi ball or create light and much more.

Hormokinesis

Hormokinesis is the ability to psychically manipulate pheromones and hormones. With this ability, one could release pheromones that do everything from attracting subjects to defend the user to increasing body temperature or inducing bodily dysfunction in subjects, by causing fluctuations in the hormonal and phreromonal developments of subjects.

Heliokinesis

Heliokinesis is the ability to manipulate solar energy. This makes the person endowed with this ability capable of performing a special type of photosynthesis, rendering his own personal gravity field and generating nearly-perpetual energy, along with generating and manipulating stellar and solar energies in other forms. Their body is even capable of generating geomagnetic storms and solar winds, should their power be strong enough.

Ergokinesis

Ergokinesis is the ability to manipulate all forms of energy. One with this ability can keep energy as potential or cause it to release itself sporadically. One with this power can negate potential energy, thus keeping oneself and others in continuous motion. One with this power can even generate energy perpetually, and thus have peak stamina and/or release the excess energy to fly or shoot bolts, blasts or rays.

Advice? Yeah, go to the friggin' doctor. Don't clown around with "powers" and whatnot, if you can actually see odd physical changes in your eye there's something wrong with it.

As per the naming of the powers topic, you can name them whatever you want and make up as many as you want - *Snip*

Edited by SupeRgirl
You're in a PK specific thread. If all you have to show is intolerance to the subject at least state it as your opinion.

I put enough energy in them to make them feel solid like rock with a huge amount of pressure. Tingling means that it's a small or non-compacted form of energy. Someone said that if my eyes burn, that I'm doing it right. I have to be careful though because my first attempt at bio last year left my eyes with permanent white rings on the colored area. Not visible unless up close though. Whenever I feed the rings energy

Could you post a picture of your eye? Close up?

Nibs

I put enough energy in them to make them feel solid like rock with a huge amount of pressure. Tingling means that it's a small or non-compacted form of energy. Someone said that if my eyes burn, that I'm doing it right. I have to be careful though because my first attempt at bio last year left my eyes with permanent white rings on the colored area. Not visible unless up close though. Whenever I feed the rings energy, they turn black. This is because I tried to give my eyes the ability known as sharingan in an anime called naruto. Yea, I know -_-. It's still imperfect but I will fix it when I get the chance.

I keep trying to take a pic or make a video but the resolution is way off. You can see it on my old phone but no clue where that is. The video shows it somewhat but not fully.

I put enough energy in them to make them feel solid like rock with a huge amount of pressure. Tingling means that it's a small or non-compacted form of energy. Someone said that if my eyes burn, that I'm doing it right. I have to be careful though because my first attempt at bio last year left my eyes with permanent white rings on the colored area. Not visible unless up close though. Whenever I feed the rings energy, they turn black. This is because I tried to give my eyes the ability known as sharingan in an anime called naruto. Yea, I know -_-. It's still imperfect but I will fix it when I get the chance.

EYE DOCTOR. GO. Not a joke, not an opinion. You forced and strained and somehow got white rings in your eyes and didn't think to get them checked? Do a Google search for "white rings in eyes" - it's a known condition of a very real disease. Better safe than sorry and blind and all that.

And seriously, you're trying to learn powers you saw on a cartoon? You just single-handedly proved the whole "psi-kiddies don't know the difference between fantasy and reality" argument. Well done.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Edited by Moonie2012

Lol. Yea I know moonie but that was years ago. Notice I said the rings are permanent. I was stupid then and I'm STILL learning. Definitely not using kid shows anymore lol. The white rings are in the colored area of my eye and my sight is 20 20 if not more. Ppl always comment on how well my eyesight is but I will have them checked at the doctor's office.