Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswells "Mystery Rock"

Bogeyman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkepticalEd

• Agent. Mulder

• morrison1976

• DONTEATUS

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

when are they gonna date the thing? and let us know how old it is?

frick. i wanna know

Don't know if anyone else knows about this. Sounds quite interesting anyway :)

http://www.roswell-record.com/print.asp?Se...ArticleID=29836

Oh my god. Now we are discussing the rocks around Roswell. Give it a rest - whatever happened at Roswell is something we will probably never know fully. The best we can do is figure out what is happening now...

Oh my god. Now we are discussing the rocks around Roswell. Give it a rest - whatever happened at Roswell is something we will probably never know fully. The best we can do is figure out what is happening now...

did you bother to Read the article? or did you find it appropriate to come and leave a pointless comment about the name? were just interested in the Type of material it is, and how Old it is. then we'll know if someone was just messing around or not.

did you bother to Read the article? or did you find it appropriate to come and leave a pointless comment about the name? were just interested in the Type of material it is, and how Old it is. then we'll know if someone was just messing around or not.

Yes I did read the article. It is a rock with a strange carving on it. Obviously humans could never have done that right? Especially since people in the area have only had 41 years to do so...

You do realize, don't you Mulder, that you don't have to believe every random story that crosses your path, don't you? You can respond to these things with a small amount of skepticism...

Edited by Wookietim

I gotta call hoax on this one. Who says it can't be some type of molded material with a magnet inside?

Found by a Roswell business man to boot - is tourism waning?

Edited by Moonie2012

Yes I did read the article. It is a rock with a strange carving on it. Obviously humans could never have done that right? Especially since people in the area have only had 41 years to do so...

You do realize, don't you Mulder, that you don't have to believe every random story that crosses your path, don't you? You can respond to these things with a small amount of skepticism...

Easy tigar!

To disgard it straight away is the same as believing its supernatual straight away. By the properties, it does seem a but strange, but im gonna wait until i know a bit more about it. Could be real, could be fake, just not enough information at presant. It will be getting analysed, so lets just see.

Im with Mulder on this we need facts test the materail`s and age.Thats a logical start. Dont ya just love the human thought process? with all thats been told a new rock of potential has appeared. Keep the mind and door open with welcome hands

Im with Mulder on this we need facts test the materail`s and age.Thats a logical start. Dont ya just love the human thought process? with all thats been told a new rock of potential has appeared. Keep the mind and door open with welcome hands

i just wanna see what the results are for that. it would Probably explain most of what we need to know about it. then we can make a fair assumption as to, real or hoax.

- Post removed -

I did contribute. It's obvious that this is a fake manufactured by locals to drum up tourism, pure and simple.

- Snip -

How is it obvious? Have you seen it, have you seen the test results, do you know something we don't. Im not saying it is real, but like every other case i look into, i find the facts first before i totally dismiss something. And everyone should be the same, thats the best way, and the right way to go about things.

How is it obvious? Have you seen it, have you seen the test results, do you know something we don't. Im not saying it is real, but like every other case i look into, i find the facts first before i totally dismiss something. And everyone should be the same, thats the best way, and the right way to go about things.

he doesnt need to. he doesnt Do research. hes not a skeptic. hes a wanna-be debunker. he makes assumptions, based off his opinion alone. and its good enough for him. hes the type of person, who would have said "youre mental" because we thought the earth was round.

i dont care if hes right here. i have my doubts about the rock. but i just wanna do some research, and see what the tests find.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

Let's see - a small town that thrives on tourism about UFO's suddenly produces a rock that seems strange.

Perhaps you are right - perhaps it is real. But at the same time, my opinion is that if it looks like a fake to spur tourism, if it sounds like a fake to spur tourism and if it smells like a fake to spur tourism, then there had better be incontrovertible proof that it ISN'T exactly that before I will even think about giving it a second thought.

he doesnt need to. he doesnt Do research. hes not a skeptic. hes a wanna-be debunker. he makes assumptions, based off his opinion alone. and its good enough for him. hes the type of person, who would have said "youre mental" because we thought the earth was round.

i dont care if hes right here. i have my doubts about the rock. but i just wanna do some research, and see what the tests find.

Ahhhhhh! i love discussions with these type of skeptics (de-bunkers)

Let's see - a small town that thrives on tourism about UFO's

Roswell does anything but 'thrive'. Denny's is a bigger attraction there than the UFO museum.

Trust me.

EDIT: Oh, and have you guys seen the recent crop circle that is an exact duplicate of the design on that rock?

Edited by Sweetpumper

Let's see - a small town that thrives on tourism about UFO's suddenly produces a rock that seems strange.

Perhaps you are right - perhaps it is real. But at the same time, my opinion is that if it looks like a fake to spur tourism, if it sounds like a fake to spur tourism and if it smells like a fake to spur tourism, then there had better be incontrovertible proof that it ISN'T exactly that before I will even think about giving it a second thought.

If its a fake, then it will be found out as a fake, thats why its important to have it tested. Thats why you should always go into a case with an open mind, because if you swing either way, then that could cloud your judgement, like it has done in the pass with de-bunkers and believers.

"...Meanwhile, investigators claim the artifact mirrors crop circles that appeared in Liddleton, England, in 1996, indicating a possibility the stone bears a message from space..."

http://www.roswell-record.com/print.asp?Se...ArticleID=29836

Its an ultimatum:

"Return bodies of Roswell crash, or you'll be destroyed".

Or maybe they are declaring war by throwing stones at us with carved curse words.

lol

- Post removed -

umm, i AM having a mature discussion with Everyone else...sooo, what are you talking about?

im not the one, trying to insult someone else, while using that persons Own comments. i tend be Original. and can think of things myself. youre also the one, stating things that arent even accurate. lending more credence to that fact you dont do any research. as sweetpumper made clear to you.

and for sweetpumper, does that mean they already did the reports? testing? just wondering cause i havent found anything yet, but i want to see what they have.

Edited by Saru

ahh, thank you sweetie :tu: . thats what i was looking for. the magnetic part was interesting. going counter, then clockwise. and im still a little upset there was no dating done on it yet. or at least i couldnt Find it in the article.

Your words are appreciated for they show you are not locked into the usual bs surrounding the myth. However, "we" know fully what happened on the outskirts of Roswell. The closed-minded don't want to accept the truth as it's not as exciting as fantasy.

And that rock is just an enigma that is a mystery baffling understanding and cannot be explained. There are a lot of enigmatic objects found worldwide and if the truth about Roswell had gained the upper hand and this rock was still found, it wouldn't be associated with Roswell as it is presently.

S.E.

Edited by SkepticalEd

"You can respond to these things with a small amount of skepticism..."

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!

S.E.

Your words are appreciated for they show you are not locked into the usual bs surrounding the myth. However, "we" know fully what happened on the outskirts of Roswell. The closed-minded don't want to accept the truth as it's not as exciting as fantasy.

Right!

I am interested in the roswell case. I still believe that the government are covering up what happend. Now, that does not mean i believe it to be ET, far from it, as i would need 100% proof of that. But there current explanation, just does not add up. The flight times of project M, the dummies etc. If you want to believe everything that they throw at you, then thats up too you. But i bet they will change there story agai in the future, in fact, the government explanations of roswell, project M, dummies are so weak, i would put money on it.

I guess when they came out with their first explanation (weather balloon) you did not argue that, and you wont argue this either. Your de-bunking belief system wont let you, its clouds your judgement.