Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I keep seeing the number "66" everywhere..

Alienated Being

this is a symptom of obsessive compulsive disorder, a not entirely debilitating disorder of the mind. Not everyone needs to wash their hands 20 times a day. Some people simply notice things, obsess over them, and cannot see how it can be happening, as they are not in their right frame of mind.

I only mention this because it can be a result of fear, though people are generally predisposed to such things, or stress. Things like this can drive you in directions you don't need to go. It is my suggestion that you should have yourself evaluated by a proper psychiatrist, who will more than likely be able to help you around the issue. Your life may be suffering, and you might not even be aware of how unhappy you are.

You aren't broken, everyone's brain is different. Just have it checked out and you can live a bit more free of things like this. I suffer some of the same issues, and I've learned to quell their disruption in my life over time with help from people who literally are writing the book on it. You aren't crazy, I'm not suggesting that at all. You just have a hard time letting go of things that are on your mind, and you are being distracted by things that remind you of something you would rather not think about.

Life is supposed to be more fun than this, and there are guys that can fix it for people like you and me.

Cheers,

Kennith

• 2 months later...

Wow, this is very, very freaky!

I see the number 66 everywhere! Everyday! No matter if it's my friends favorite number, a number on my assignment, in the numbers of my highscore on Guitar Hero 3, or I just see it randomly, I always see it!

I've seen it everywhere and everyday for the last month.

And now the number 66 is my favorite number, I have began to like it, though I am seriously going insane in my mind.

Even when I don't try to look for the number 66, I — it finds me.

I seriously need some help, before long I am going to go insane.

When I first came to Nashville I had a curiosity about the Beatles. I read a little bit about them and quickly lost interest. Then right after I switched to reading books that were lightyears away from anything to do with '60s rock or music they would keep cropping up with mention in the most unsuspecting places in text.

66 frequency has a coded meaning on the militarys 77 Radio Coms set!!

I saw 66 a lot when I was younger. I hated the Oilers but I really liked to watch Wayne Gretzky. I always wanted his number 99 to flip over and see him get into a fight.

Edited by The Silver Thong

I saw 66 a lot when I was younger. I hated the Oilers but I really liked to watch Wayne Gretzky. I always wanted his number 99 to flip over and see him get into a fight.

Everyone hated the Oilers. LOL

You need to look more into numerology if you want to figure your life path number. Six could be it.

I see numbers like that all the time. Of course I don't freak out of anything. I figure it's a message if a certain sequence keeps being persistent. Sometimes a guide or sometimes just coincidence.

This may be of use to help you feel more at ease. Take it for what it's worth.

http://www.angelscribe.com/1111.html

I researched the number a little bit, and I found that it means that I have completely disregarded the "divine plan", or have lost all faith in-terms of the "divine plan"! Hmm.

i see 11.11 all the time.

it started out with the wishing thing.. whatever.

lol

and it's happened for years..

then i started seeing 11 past every hour.. whatever i didn't think much of it..

i'll skip a lot of the blablabla to the most recent things..

in august i was in dire need of a new place to live..

after some searchin.. i found the best priced place, great location and everything i wanted .. when the super brought me to see it, turned out it was apartment 11!

but i saw the list of people who had already seen it and there were a lot ..

i filled out the application right away and hoped for the best...

a few days later.. august 11th they told me i got it!.

this great place turned out to have some unwelcome issues with it, mainly of the bug variety..

it really stressed me out.. so i wrote to them to lower the rent for this month..

i wasn't expecting much out of it and am not much of a fighter like that.. but two days ago

November 11th.. 11/11

they told me they would take a couple hundred off the rent! AMAZING.

and everything is settled there now and i love my place again.

NOW this morning.. TODAY.. no word of a lie.. i was with my boyfriend waiting to catch a cab..

we flag one. and the license plate is:

" 11ELEVEN "

the driver said that was his birthday...

that's a bit much now isnt it?

lol

i dont know what to make of it, but it's crazy!.

like that was the icing on an already kooky filled cake..

Edited by sukisuki

i always see 911... odd that u brg that up.. i was starting to get freaked out.... when i happen to look at the clock... i just happen to it's at 9:11

when i am in bed i happen to look up and it is at 11:09

other day i was with my dad and on his desk there was a post-it with 9/11/08

when i was typing a 1000 word thing, i looked at the word count at 911..

ONce...... i was texting and my digital clock is 2mmins faster than my cellphone time... i was texting and i looked at the clock it was 9:11 and i just decided to look at my clock in bed... and it just came in sync to 9:11.....

Like someone said before, you could think about it so much that you notice it all the time and freak out when you see it.

Edited by Almighty89

Like someone said before, you could think about it so much that you notice it all the time and freak out when you see it.

yes... but the "11ELEVEN" license plate was toooo much lol

• 1 year later...

Okay, so here's the deal. About two years ago, I started seeing the number "66" pretty much everywhere. It all began when I started my phobia of having "cancer", as the number "6" represented the floor taht the cancer ward is on. I always interpreted the number "66" as an omen indicating that I will either get cancer "two times" (hence the two sixes) or that I will spend two months, two years or whatever in that ward due to cancer.

I used to be a hypochondriac, but now I really don't worry about cancer anymore. It's completely out of my mind, no longer worrying - but two years after the fact, I am still seeing the numbers.. EVERYWHERE.

Here's a few examples:

I'll be laying down in bed, and then when I decide to look at the clock it'll read 6:06 (the 0 doesn't really count as a number, so 6:6 = 66.

I'll be playing a video game, and either I'll kill somebody on the other team with 66 tickets left on their side, or they'll kill me with 66 tickets on my team.

I'll reload in-game with 66 bullets left in my gun. No matter how hard I try to avoid it, I always end up reloading at a point where there's still about seven bullets left in the clip, but the total number of bullets left to reload with is 66. No matter HOW HARD I TRY AVOIDING IT.

It's really starting to freak me out. I don't know if it's a subconscious thing, or if it's an omen. Or... maybe it's something that I'm misinterpreting from the so-called "higher beings" above. I also see the sequence 11:11 whenever I look at my clock, or 12:12, or 10:10. Really, this is starting to become quite bothersome. I am tired of worrying about these number sequences. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've kept this inside for too long and am seeking some advice. No, I am not going to see a "counselor"... I can solve these issues on my own. I just want to hear the advice from other people on the forum.

When my first child became six I seen 6's then 66's everywhere. I realized 66 was common in my families birth dates. The first example was that three generations from my Grandfather to my Dad to me had birth dates 24, 25, and 17 which added to 66. My sister's children's birth dates are 27, 27, and 12 which is another 66 total. The birth dates of my other siblings and I are 17, 7, 20, 22, 9, and 15. These 6 birth dates are in order from oldest to youngest. If 4 of 6 is 66.6% I would like to point out that if you add the top four it would add up to 66 and it can be done from the bottom numbers up as well for another total of 66. In the forth example I use every single number of my children's birth dates added as single digits to add up to 66. My first child's birth date adds up to 37, my second adds up to 13, and the last adds up to 16. I like using birth dates because the can't be fixed. These are just the birth dates, I have discovered other patterns repeated to bring the number 66 out of hiding. Some might say if you look for it you will find it, my reply is that number 66 existed before I started looking

Thank God its not 666 :innocent: , i think all these number sights are just coincidences, why should we actually care about all these....

Thanks

B???

This thread is a little over a year old, may I humbly suggest that it you want to discuss this subject further, you start a new thread.

Okay, so here's the deal. About two years ago, I started seeing the number "66" pretty much everywhere. It all began when I started my phobia of having "cancer", as the number "6" represented the floor taht the cancer ward is on. I always interpreted the number "66" as an omen indicating that I will either get cancer "two times" (hence the two sixes) or that I will spend two months, two years or whatever in that ward due to cancer.

I used to be a hypochondriac, but now I really don't worry about cancer anymore. It's completely out of my mind, no longer worrying - but two years after the fact, I am still seeing the numbers.. EVERYWHERE.

Here's a few examples:

I'll be laying down in bed, and then when I decide to look at the clock it'll read 6:06 (the 0 doesn't really count as a number, so 6:6 = 66.

I'll be playing a video game, and either I'll kill somebody on the other team with 66 tickets left on their side, or they'll kill me with 66 tickets on my team.

I'll reload in-game with 66 bullets left in my gun. No matter how hard I try to avoid it, I always end up reloading at a point where there's still about seven bullets left in the clip, but the total number of bullets left to reload with is 66. No matter HOW HARD I TRY AVOIDING IT.

It's really starting to freak me out. I don't know if it's a subconscious thing, or if it's an omen. Or... maybe it's something that I'm misinterpreting from the so-called "higher beings" above. I also see the sequence 11:11 whenever I look at my clock, or 12:12, or 10:10. Really, this is starting to become quite bothersome. I am tired of worrying about these number sequences. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've kept this inside for too long and am seeking some advice. No, I am not going to see a "counselor"... I can solve these issues on my own. I just want to hear the advice from other people on the forum.

Hi, I to have been seeing the number recently for sometime now. I have come to a conclusion after my life has been not going so well and i have been fading away from god and even been contemplating sucide. I don't mean to get religous on you, because i'm not the type of person thats real religious, but just a warnin, there was 66 chapters in the bible. In the 66 chapter, ill show you. But its a sign from god and think about how to handle it. The best gift i think someone can offer another person is to change there ways. Nobody deserves to spend eternity in hell, nobody does just imagine being in a volcano thats the opening of it which leads to the middle of the earth which is the heart of hell. I advice you to take it seriously and research yourself. This is the chapter 66

http://www.drbo.org/chapter/27066.htm

• 2 months later...

That seems to be very common.

I'd get yourself checked so you can stop fretting about it, it's that simple.

Better safe than sorry.

--

L2HD.gif

I 66 don't 66 know 66 why 66 you'd 66 see 66 the 66 number 66 66 66 everywhere. 66 That's 66 weird 66 to 66 me 66 and 66 I 66 don't 66 get 66 it. 66

Hmm... the number 139 appears very frequently in my life.

For example, whenever I ride into town on my pushbike, the house who's number is 139 always tends to grab my attention. It is a very ordinary house, and nothing special to look at, but the numbers 139 always catch my eye.

A lot of the time I look at my phones clock, it is 1:39

I find it eerie, but it doesn't worry me too much, 139 has even become my lucky number (not that I believe in that sort of stuff).

I suggest that you just try to ignore it, or see it as a good omen.

Hope that helps (although it probably won't)