Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever seen one?

Have you ever seen a ufo?  Tell me your stories.

I have one stoy.  It was about 3 years ago.  It was around 3:00AM and I was driving home from a friends house.  All of the sudden I looked up and I saw this green round shapped thing in the sky.  I was driving so slow that I ended up stopping my car and getting out.  This was on a very busy street too, but it was so late there wasnt much traffic.  I just stood on the street looking up and this green thing.  It was moving very slow across the sky.  Then it took off at a speed I have never seen anything travel at.  It went all over the sky in different directions.  Then it was gone.  It was freaky!  

Have you ever had any kind of experience like this?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mentalcase

• Bizarro

• angel_psychic

• FarvLarion

since childhood.  Seeing them is one thing, engaging and having contact, telepathic exchanges is another and in fact, most experiencers who have had their memories in tact or getting them back tend to gradually move away from "UFOs" to engaging in concerns of a more "IMMEDIATE" nature and that is intergalactic awareness of the drivers...and the changes in human ideologies, concepts, religions, political endeavors etc. etc. when public awareness matures and evolves.  NOTE:  Steve Greer and CSETI.com (or is it CSETI.org) is leading in that direction MAY 9.  Also go to Art Bells audio for his interview of this date.

A couple of years ago I saw an object in the sky which I am unable to explain to this day. It occured one night while I was in my backyard looking for the Hale-Bopp Comet. For some reason, I looked at the sky directly above me where I noticed a "star" moving across the sky. I did not consider this unusual at first for I thought it was a sattellite since it was travelling in a straight line. Then I changed my mind when the "star" slowed down, stopped and then faded to nothingness. What had I seen on that night? Was it a sattellite after all, a piece of space junk that quickly burnt up in our atmosphere or had I seen an extraterrestial object that decided not to take a rest stop on Earth? I'd welcome any suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to think that I have come to witness and to be a part of an Alien/Extraterrestrial Encounter that may have changed my opinions on life, and everything else that directly affects me and the entire planet.  First of all I would like to say, Lori, I belive that you are correct when you stated that human idealistics change when something such as this happens.  But, I remain unchanged in religion, perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I am Agnostic.  I have turned into an Anarchast in recent times and have developed my own provocative theories on life itself.  Though, I still find this hard to belive, that this drove me into an almost obsession with UFO's, the Paranormal, and anything that can't be programmed, catagorized, or easily refferenced, To Quote Agent Mulder from the X-Files.).  I guess the point that I am trying to make in this novel that I am writing here is this, yes I say a UFO, and yes my life was changed by it.  But was it exactly for the better, and would this mean that if I were affected in some small way, must that then mean that if the world were to suddenlt and without warning be subject to a UFO encounter that we may all see and experience, would this not cause widespread change and or dismissal of all personal opinions that we so carefully assosiate with ourselves?  I am sorry that I got off track here.

• 8 months later...

i've seen ufos alot.one hovering out in the distance at the beach,and a big triangular shaped one near my home in n.j.

Everynight about sundown I see these lights.  They seem to hover about 500 feet or more above ground.  I know if you look at helicopter from a distance and it's coming strait toward you, it appears like it's hovering.   So that's what I always thought, a helicopter hovering at a distance.  Today was an occasion.  One of these craft slowly (about 10 mph)  moved toward my direction.   It took about a half hour for it to get by me.  As it was coming I quickly ran in my house to grab my camera.  I took two pics of it with a flash and two without (i thought flash might effect the quality or enhance it, im not sure :sr).  After it slowly moved out of site another one coming from the same direction caught my eyes.  This one moved a little-bit faster and higher.  I took 4 pics of this one also.  They had blinking lights, but they were an abnormal shape. The way the lights were set up (arrow shaped) reminded me of an airplane. They were blinking blue, red, orange, green and white.  When the first one got close the light was almost blinding me.  

I see these about everynight, tonight was the first night one came so close.  I will post my pics once they are developed, and I will post more about this as i see them.  If anyone lives near Washington D.C. and have seen these lights, please post.  I don't think these craft  are alien, i have a feeling that these are military craft.  

I forgot to mention that they didn't make any noise. They should have.

I know I'm crazy,

MENTALCASE

I also forgot to mention how ****ing scared and shaken i was as the first one approached.  :s4 :s9

• 1 month later...

Nope, never seen one.

im a firm believer in UFO's and aliens. but what i seen about 3 years ago i just dismissed although ive yet to come to a firm conclusion about it.

i was walking home from my girl friends house when i glimpsed over a 5ft wall which had an unused rail track on the other side, i looked up at the sky and i saw a green circular light which was moving around in random directions and then dissapeared!

to this day i havent got a clue what it was, at first i dismissed it as a firework, but fireworks dont randomly move around the sky and there wasnt a sound to be heard.

but now a valid reason would be that;

if you close your eyes you never do see complete darkness you see reflections of light that your pupils have taken in, if you open your eyes you may still see that same light.

maybe thats what it was... i really havent got a clue,

i'm open to any other suggestions..

Just because they're out there doesn't mean they come all the way to this planet to look at primative life-forms.

I'm talking to all you earthlings out there. :se

- :shrebecca

ps. never seen one

Dowdy,

i saw the same thing on shoal bay beach, Port Stephens. :-/ The object just disapeared into thin air after it flew up into the sky.

X

• 5 months later...

i have a ufo story.  i believe i may be one of the few people who have actually been very close to a ufo and not been abducted (at least i hope not).  

this happened in the 1980's when i was around 13 years old, i would say like 86 or 87.  it was in the summertime at Lake Purdy in Birmingham, AL, USA.  this lake is now close to a huge suburb, but at the time was quite deserted of development.  my step mother and i liked to go fishing at night, and one of our favorite spots to fish was on a dirt road that led to a secluded area on the lakeshore.  we had been fishing for maybe 3 hours when we decided it was time to pack up and go back home.  i would say it was around midnight when we decided to leave.  well, there was a little problem.  seems our car's tires had sunken into the muddy area we parked and it became apparent we would not be leaving without assistance.  this was not the day of cell phones, so we had nothing better to do than fish and wait for my father to realize we were late in returning home.  well, my father must have fallen asleep because by 3 am we were still sitting on the hood of the car waiting.  

as we waited, both my step mom and i noticed a red colored star that began moving very erratically.  when i say erratically, i mean that it would move like a yoyo that you just shake on the string instead of yoyoing.  it appeared this star was coming closer to us because it got larger and we noticed that it was not red, but actually changing colors- almost iridescent.  the colors went from red to green to blue to yellow to orange to purple- it had a silvery base color.  as it came down over the lake i could make out a triangular or diamond shape.  this was not a plane or helicopter.  it would 'lightning' when it moved.  it almost jumped from place to place.  eventually, it came very close to the water level of the lake and i saw a smaller red globe of light fly out of the bottom and go into the lake.  i cannot recall any sounds other than a slight humming noise.  i got a very good look at it(i bet it was no more than 150yards away), and both my step mother and i talked about how no one would ever believe this if they didnt see it.  it wasnt very large, i would say about the size of one of those inflatable tents you see at festivals that all the kids jump around in.  eventually it started moving away from the lake and back up into the sky.  once it was back to the distance that i could barely see its shape, it suddenly disappeared at once.  

i don't know if i believe that was a space ship, a time machine, or a secret government project, but i will say this much- it defied all the laws of gravity.  the way it moved was as if it made its own gravity and bounced off of the earth's.  i also believe it was some type of an electromagnetic field because as i said, it would sort of 'lightning' in vivid colors as it moved erratically.  i have seen the exact UFO i saw on a few segments of TV shows.  i know that others have seen it too, and i get really excited to see footage of it because i know its the real deal.  the most famous example i have seen of the UFO i saw is the encounter that happened in England at an air base.  the one where it landed on the ground and there was a red glow.  there was a tape recording and the description the guy was giving was the UFO i saw to a T.  if you know the story im talking about i would love it if you could link it here.  i believe i may be one of the few people who witnessed the red globe that comes out of the bottom of the craft.  i have often wondered why it would go into the lake? is there some kind of base underwater or is it just taking a sample?  has anyone else seen this UFO?  please reply :)

this is that tape they made.  this is what i believe i saw, based on their descriptions.  it is called the Rendlesham Forest incident.  it happened in 1980.  i guess i have answered my own post :)

Link

:sa

Ok I have one to share as well!

Its funny because at the time it was so unbelievable yet my girlfriend and I sort of just accepted it and decided not to tell anyone cuz we figured no one would believe us!

Here goes we were only 16 yrs old we were in her car in a shopping center in my home town of Long Island NY..

We had just come out from a store and were deciding what do to next...

'It was a bit of an overcast day

all of a sudden I looked across the parkinglot to the street where I noticed a silver disc hovering over the telephone pole, the pole was only about 40 / 50 feet high and I was like what is that???

my girlfriend spotted it then and we kept our eyes fixed on it as we drove closer ,we entered the road which was a busy 2 lane highway...then the object darted across the street to the other side. and continued back and forth zigzagging up the road as we followed ,  it was if it knew we had spotted it , We were seeing a UFO in broad daylight it was really surreal, We followed it  until it veered off the main road and hovered over another parkinglot , we entered the lot and then it just stopped so we did too... we sat in her car just staring up we hadn't blinked in several minutes so our eyes were tearing we were afraid to lose sight of it , It was also not the day of the cell phones so we also couldn't call anyone to say "Hey look" then all of a sudden this disc from a sitting still position took off like the speed of light sraight up into the sky!!!just dissapeared...We both know what we saw was real but just chalked it off to a strange experience , we were young and as time passed we just forgot about it from time to time I'll remember that day and I'll think wow I really saw a real UFO! by the way the disc was no bigger than 3 or 4 ft in circumfence , I was thinking it was more like a probe , anyway what do you think? anyone....

peacefully yours,

Starstruck

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I would love to believe in this subject and as a child I found it very interesting.As I have grown older I find the claims of sighting of such objects a kin to see the Madonna.No one ever has any proof to back up their claim ,you just have to take their word for it.Was not the that the whole problem of the Middle Ages,people were told to believe one way so they.

But with the rebirth of science we crawled our way out of that Dark period and trusted once again the method of science.Evidence to support claims, not hear say real hard evidence.Not the claim the government took it.

This also to me is very Geo -Centric view of the universe.Not only can't I believe any Ailien has been here I can't believe they could find us.We are in a Galaxy of some 200 billion stars in a universe of some 100 billion each with 200 billion stars- Galaxies.And we have only had a techinogical society for what 80 years at best.

Not only to me does it seem unreasonable that they whoever they are have fond us.It seems out the 13.7 billion years of the universe ,the 4.6 billion years of the Earth that within this eighty years and across a universe we can not comprehend fond us on this small planet around a medium size star in the outskirts of one of 200 billion star Galaxay.

It is so self important we are here surley they would come and see us ,we are so smart.I do not believe we are alone ,I am sure over 13.7 billion years life has expressed in self in forms we can not imagine.That does not mean we need to go and imagine it.

blink.gif

hey Walrus, its people like you that irk me. you know why? because you don't believe that reasonable and sensible persons like myself actually witness these things.

i am not a liar and im not prone to fits of fancy. i saw something i cannot explain. it was not a plane, it was not Venus, and it was not a blimp. what i saw moved in a fashion that even with my considerable education i cannot begin to understand. it was if it transported itself from place to place at such a high rate of speed. there were 'lightning' like flashes of color and it moved in an extremely bizarre pattern. i was with my step mother and she and i both asked each other if we were seeing what we were seeing and then both stood open mouthed staring at it for a good while. i discerned a triangular/elliptical/diamond shape and a metallic appearance... like i said, the colors swarmed around it like it was electrically charged somehow. the colors fluctuated from red to orange to blue to purple and green. it was irridescent and it illuminated the sky around it.

i wouldn't say it was aliens anymore than i would say it was a time machine. i don't even know if it was piloted at all, but it was a craft of some technology that does not exist in our world. it seemed to be interested in the water of the lake i was fishing at because a red probe came down and entered the water. i saw it come out of the bottom of the craft and i am quite sure of what i witnessed. the craft came very low on the water and was less than a football field or two away from us.

the next day when i was home, i noticed on the news there was a rash of UFO sightings across the southeast that night. i know what i saw and others saw them too. believe me or not, i could honestly care less. i have little to gain by typing my sighting out here other than adding my own little story to the long list of other credible people who have seen them as well.

Yesterday I was watching my nephew. Well when ever there is a plane in the sky he tells me to look at the sky (he is only 2 years old.) So he told me to look at the sky, I thought I would see a plane. What I saw was what looked like 4 huge white birds maybe with a 10-20 foot wingspan flying at a really high altitude. I couldn't tell if what I was looking at was really birds, first because of how high they were and second because of the motion they were in. They were kind of moving around in a weird formation. I ruled out that they were planes because of the shape and motion of what I thought could have been wings (they looked like they were flapping.) Just thought I would share this with everyone. It was quite strange. The fact that they were white and almost unnoticable was a weird factor.

Mentalcase

Edited by Mentalcase

beside the experience I mentioned in the topic ((Do you believe in Aliens))...

I have another experience, once I was with my sister in law ... IN the same place I saw the First UFO with my two cousins .... we saw a red dot in the sky too blink.gif ... there were very thin clouds in the sky ... the dot went behind one of the coulds (it was a very small cloud) ... but it did not come back from the other side again wacko.gif ... there was no sound or any thing .. It was creepy ph34r.gif ..

now my sister in law refuses to come and sky watch with me again???

• 1 month later...

i have seen triangel ufo. strange, tho i do not seem to have a loss of time, and even tho i remember it in detail, it is impossible for me to describe beyond its triangle with a spotlight type of light on bottom off centered, and one corner was lite up, like from inside. i remember how the underside looked, but cant describe. anyone else have similar experiance?

alien.gif I've seen a UFO when I was coming up from Orlando. It was pitch black on the highway and all the stars were out. I was bored and I looked out the window and I seen 5 lights, which I thought was just a plane. But then I noticed the lights were wonky, one would blink, then go out, the next would blink, then go out, etc.. and the craft wasn't moving in a strait line, but moving up and down, it would jet up, then come back down, like a plane without gas and trying to stay in the air. It would also do turns and twists.... I watched it for about 30 mins then it dissapeared. WeRid. alien.gif