Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

mysterious roswell rock

dreamland

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dreamland

• Wreck7

• tasca

• therion24

Top Posters In This Topic

thats crazy the same image showed up in a crop circle.

Edited by therion24

It looks like it has been sandblasted. The same way they do headstones.

The back is nice and smooth while the front (excluding the pattern) has a rough texture.

Fake.

Ok,but how you explain clockwise and counter-clockwise rotation?

I could do this with a toy car. If you watch the video the guy actually "helps" the rock turn. It spins one way when the magnet is placed at the top but spins the other way at the bottom. If you look where they place the magnet at the bottom of the rock you can see a slope. That causes it to pull that direction.

I think it will spin in whichever direction you make it spin.

I totally disagree with you.Either ur blind,or i need glasses.This guy is not touhing his rock with his magnet,nor he is placing his magnet at the bottom.For me it is amazing,because magnetic field pull things,not making it spin clock wise and vice versa.

I totally disagree with you.Either ur blind,or i need glasses.This guy is not touhing his rock with his magnet,nor he is placing his magnet at the bottom.For me it is amazing,because magnetic field pull things,not making it spin clock wise and vice versa.

Maybe when you get a chance you should play with a magnet

That's precisely the point. Watch his hand. He's moving the magnet around in little circles over it and the stone is turning roughly in synch. It's not spinning on it's own. The highside/lowside spin differential is unusual though (which is what Wreck7 meant by top and bottom) but not completly inexplicable in and of itself. The simplest explanation would be if the magnetic material was unevenly distributed through the rock so the metal was concentrated on one side and not the other. Naturally, further examination would be in order to see if this bore out.