Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Three Catholic Women to be Ordained Priests

Dr. D

BOSTON: Three aspiring Catholic priests will be anointed and prayed over this weekend in an ordination liturgy that will resemble the traditional in most ways but one: The three being ordained are women.

The ordination ceremony Sunday, at a historic Protestant church in the Back Bay, is the first such event to take place in Boston, one of the most Catholic cities in the United States.

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston, in accord with Vatican teaching, says the participants in the ordination ceremony will be automatically excommunicating themselves.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/18/america/18priests.php

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• Bill Hill

• Dr. D

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BOSTON: Three aspiring Catholic priests will be anointed and prayed over this weekend in an ordination liturgy that will resemble the traditional in most ways but one: The three being ordained are women.

The ordination ceremony Sunday, at a historic Protestant church in the Back Bay, is the first such event to take place in Boston, one of the most Catholic cities in the United States.

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston, in accord with Vatican teaching, says the participants in the ordination ceremony will be automatically excommunicating themselves.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/18/america/18priests.php

i think its about time that woman stood up and took a stand for equality across the board.... as a person with catholic parents the excommunication is the big thing threat but the church will get over it.... .....I woudln't be conncerned in the slightest with be being ousted I'd be more concerned with equality and taking a stance ...one of the benefits of being outsode of a fear construct is you aren't easily scared into submission well you arent intimidated at all as a matter of fact.....l i see this a great opp to make progress and in the end the patrons of the church decide how it is by thier commitment to membership, history shows us the catholics are sensitive to lost membership ...., the consumer is in the position of empowerment I am surpised it hasnt been addressed sooner it sure would of been if i was a female catholic .....oy vey........

Edited by Supra Sheri

what a waste of time... :huh: