Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edgar Mitchell claims alien contact cover-up

UM-Bot

user posted image rSubmitted by Stance: Former Nasa astronaut and moonwalker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens do exist. And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: News.com.au

i predict inside five years, contact will be made

Edited by Magikman
Removed redundant quote

Just like anyone else who says Aliens exist......they come with no proof.

Just like anyone else who says Aliens exist......they come with no proof.

Well.. I think the evidence is OVERWHELMING

Well.. I think the evidence is OVERWHELMING

In all honesty, "Evidence" is lacking in his statement. What his statement is is really just a "A friend of a friend said this to me".... While I want to respect him, and I do think he might be onto something, I don't think he has the full story here.

In all honesty, "Evidence" is lacking in his statement. What his statement is is really just a "A friend of a friend said this to me".... While I want to respect him, and I do think he might be onto something, I don't think he has the full story here.

I meant evidence concerning the whole UFO phenomenon. ;)

Sure evidence lacks in his statement, but I highly doubt that he's lying. After all, NASA is owned by the government....

Edited by RickyPrescott

This man is a highly respected member of society who has achieved what so few have. Why the hell would he lie? He has nothing to gain from it, apart from ridicule.

• Like 1

This man is a highly respected member of society who has achieved what so few have. Why the hell would he lie? He has nothing to gain from it, apart from ridicule.

I have known many former NASA personnel that I went to college with and some were administrators on the university level with me prior to going to NASA. We all talked and it is common in certain circles that what we experience here on Earth, is just the tiny tip of the iceberg. We should sit up and listen to them. Face it, existence is something to be in awe of...so many shallow folks need to move beyond the H&G channels.

Orion,

As always, forward comes someone with no proof of what he says... If the people working for the government (notice, it's always U.S. gov.) has covered this up for 60 YEARS, surely, there should be at least a dozen people with some actual evidence. How come those who decide to violate this sacred pact not to disclose this information end up being the ones who have no actual proof of this conspiracy. Surely, if one wants to expose this 60 year old cover up, he should at least try to gather some evidence before doing so...

Why the hell would he lie? He has nothing to gain from it, apart from ridicule

You mean apart from the even better publicity and perhaps the money he gets from interviews with all the interested parties...? And if not this (as I suspect U.S. pays quite a descend pension to their astronauts) there's always the trill of creating mystery... :P

As always, forward comes someone with no proof of what he says... If the people working for the government (notice, it's always U.S. gov.) has covered this up for 60 YEARS, surely, there should be at least a dozen people with some actual evidence.

You can only rely on eyewitness claims concerning the Roswell incident (since they had no handheld videocameras back then).

And I think every (video)camera will be confiscated..

You mean apart from the even better publicity and perhaps the money he gets from interviews with all the interested parties...? And if not this (as I suspect U.S. pays quite a descend pension to their astronauts) there's always the trill of creating mystery... :P

I highly doubt this man is motivated by money, after all he set up a non-proft Scientific Organisation. In addition, being an astronaut does not pay as much money as some of the other jobs he could have gotten with his skills, therefore I think it is pretty safe to say he is not motivated by money.

I have to agree. This is indeed Dr. Mitchell's opinion, he doesn't claim that he (himself) has any definitive type of proof. Rather, he says he arrived at his personal conclusion by looking at the available evidence he's seen over the years. This is a perfectly acceptable position...perhaps he's right, perhaps he isn't. I suspect that time will tell.

I highly doubt this man is motivated by money

You're probably right, but whatever his motivations are, it doesn't change the fact that he has no real evidence to back his story up...

I meant evidence concerning the whole UFO phenomenon. ;)

Sure evidence lacks in his statement, but I highly doubt that he's lying. After all, NASA is owned by the government....

The thing is, I want to believe (To coin a phrase) his statement... But the thing is that his statement is just his word (Which, in many respects, is good enough. In this, I need something more). At the most basic level, that is the problem with so much of the UFO phenomenon - it boils down to the word of lots of people. There are photos and videos, to be sure, and not all of them are faked. And that proves the existence of UFO's (In the strictest sense of that acronym). But that does not prove the existence of non-human operators of those UFO's...

Personally, I have a problem with saying that UFO's are of non-human origin. I also have a problem saying that they are not of non-human origin. In other words, I am completely ambivalent about this. I am willing to be swayed either way.... But I need evidence (Something more than anecdotes and photos) to do the swaying.

• Like 1

good story, some of this backed up my hyothosis on this whole thing, as in aliens are not here to kill us

Obviously there are just too many bodies in the universe to deny the possibility of life somewhere. However, even astronauts get old and Dr. Mitchell could quite possibly be suffering from the onset of dementia.

On the other hand, you never know.....

On one hand, I love hearing this type of stuff. On the other hand, it frustrates the hell out of me. I respect this man and I want to believe him, but I've grown tired of people with inside knowledge coming forward and making these statements, because it gets us nowhere. I'm just impatient. If this is as real as I think it is, I want proof, I want contact, I want an explanation from these people as to why the government is covering all of this up. I mean, if alien beings truly are visiting our planet, it could be the most monumental event in the history of humankind. Establishing official, acknowledged contact with another race of beings would be a great adventure for the entire world. Not a single moment in our lives would ever be the same. We would all be taking part in something beyond our wildest dreams. It's no longer enough for me to read that some guy on the inside thinks he knows the truth. I don't want to be told, I want to be shown.

Obviously there are just too many bodies in the universe to deny the possibility of life somewhere

that's completely NOT the issue. Having intelligent alien life somewhere in the universe (for the sake of the argument lets say it's pretty probable) is one thing. Saying, that it has visited Earth is completely different...

he is 77 years old,maybe he has become spiritual,maybe he feels "not too much time left b4 i meet my maker,why should i bow before men any longer,let me speak the truth while i still can"

or maybe he's become senile,his mind is not as sharp and he readily believes anything

Was this actually the real guy in this interview?

I know that fake interviews with Neil Armstrong have been released in the past.

Those interviews were very similar to this one.

The real Armstrong denies the claims that he saw UFOs on the moon.

I also get very skeptical when I hear anyone reference Roswell as a true event.

This isn't anything new for Mitchell, hes pretty well known for being quite out there

OK, so some ancient astronaut from the past 60 years or so comes out of his job and into retirement, and starts saying that aliens do exist and that he's proud to know the truth. And truly, I believe him!

When this dude retired, he had officially cut himself off from his agreement to remain silent on top secret information, not necessarily UFOs and aliens, but general terrorist threats and/or secret spying on certain industrial powers. He now has a choice on what he can choose to disclose to the public. Now, let's say he disclosed information about secret terrorist plots or secret members of the government who are actually spies or something along those lines. This might cause mass hysteria, which is obviously "BAD". However, if he knew about something like UFOs or extraterrestrial species, he might wish to disclose that information, as it would have less of an effect on the day-to-day lives of the average American.

What we really need to look at is the government's general opinion of Dr. Mitchell after this gets out. Before he disclosed this "information" (from an outsider's POV), the government would have treated him fairly well. If they start calling him a loony, that means they really are hiding something. If they don't call him a loony, however, they may be agreeing with him, and thus they may still be hiding something!

Also, remember this in the case of evidence: A criminal genius can hide the evidence fairly well, but how they act afterwards, both physically and emotionally, can help to solve the mystery of their crime. So, just because we can't show you evidence that aliens have come to Earth, it doesn't mean that never did. We just haven't cracked the surface yet.

Edited by Allfather of Valhalla

he is 77 years old,maybe he has become spiritual,maybe he feels "not too much time left b4 i meet my maker,why should i bow before men any longer,let me speak the truth while i still can"

or maybe he's become senile,his mind is not as sharp and he readily believes anything

I also considered that in his aging mind, he believes this to be true. (In other words, maybe he is going senile, there is that possibility)

Edited by Moon Demon

I agree with this statement. Why, in age 77 he would create such a tale. He have been where few had the chance to be. He know ppl none here, or less than 0.1% of this forum will ever know. He is famous already, he have planty of money. Why on Earth he would tell such a tele now?

I wish that, if the aliens came here, that they return and appear to everyone!