Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Professor examines unique ‘roswell rock’

UM-Bot

user posted image rAn eastern new Mexico University's professor doesn't believe a mysterious rock discussed recently on a nationally syndicated radio program that features programming related to UFOs and conspiracy theories is extraterrestial.

ENMU professor of geology James Constantopoulos examined what is known as the Roswell Rock Circle earlier this month at the request of rock owner Robert L. Ridge of Roswell.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: pnt online

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThePitOfReason

• UM-Bot

• CelestineOne

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a job for Mulder and Scully!

Honestly. Have you ever seen the pictures of the crash?

It is aluminum foil and match sticks, literally.

Anybody that believes anything extra-terrestrial crashed in Roswell is easily persuaded.

Edited by Moon Demon

The case could be made for the other view, anyone that believes the government cover-up is equally easily persuaded...

But what difference does that really make? Neither side believes nor cares what the other thinks...

It is still a cool rock...

Honestly. Have you ever seen the pictures of the crash?

It is aluminum foil and match sticks, literally.

Anybody that believes anything extra-terrestrial crashed in Roswell is easily persuaded.

Some guy saw a picture of the "crop circle", thought the design was cool, and carved it on a rock. No mystery here.........nothing to see. Move along, folks...........lol

Like the crystal skulls. I hope it doesn't end up a fake.

TeraLink Was Here!

I talked about this to a friend of mine and he said: «It's probably pendant from ETs key-chain.»

I would like it turns out this stone is something ultra-special, but I'm afraid it'll turn out to be fake.

linked-imageAn eastern new Mexico University's professor doesn't believe a mysterious rock discussed recently on a nationally syndicated radio program that features programming related to UFOs and conspiracy theories is extraterrestial. ENMU professor of geology James Constantopoulos examined what is known as the Roswell Rock Circle earlier this month at the request of rock owner Robert L. Ridge of Roswell. Flat and about the size of an egg, the rock was discovered by Ridge in 2004 near Roswell during a deer hunting trip. It is an iron-rich sandstone, according to Constantopoulos. The face of the rock features raised crescent and circular patterns that are similar to those that were found in 1994 at a crop circle in England. Some UFOlogists (persons who study and catalog UFOs) think that the stone has magnetic properties and is an extraterrestrial artifact. Constantopoulos' findings were reported in the Internet publication Earthfiles. "The rock itself is not unusual," Constantopoulos told the PNT on Tuesday. "It is a rock that can be commonly found in that area. The design on the rock is what makes it unique." There are no tool markings on the design and it does not appear that a laser was used, Constantopoulos said. "This could be the work of a skilled craftsman," Constantopoulos said. "With the right tools and amount of time someone could have made the markings on the rock. But after all that work why would you leave it in the hills?" The rock was examined by a Portales geologist in 2005, but all data from those tests were lost in a computer hard drive crash at the university.

The age of the rock could not be determined because ENMU does not house the facilities for that procedure. Further tests to determine the rock's makeup and origins were not allowed by Ridge, Constantopoulos said. "I would have to take a sample from the rock and examine it," Constantopoulos said. "Ridge was against damaging the stone in any way."Video can be viewed on Coast to Coast AM Web site showing the rock reacting to a magnet and compass.

linked-image View: Full Article | Source: pnt online

The design looks like something I made in the toilet yesterday.

I’ve been looking for that thing everywhere that’s a alien bus token that gets you from the planet X to Earth. Just throwing jokes in the pot. I have to say that even if we do have alien contact as some are saying from yesterdays news flash that rock fell out of some sand blasting cabinet somewhere. A neatly polished rock from a stone tumbler and a kid with some crop circle artwork and a small sand blaster with some aluminum oxide or silicone carbide and hey you got a crop circle on a rock WOW! So I guess this guitar neck was also made by aliens?

Jackson Roswell Rhoads Pro

Extremely Rare Model

Crop Circle Neck Inlays!

Original Hard Case

SOLD!

post-32683-1217040118_thumb.jpg

post-32683-1217040433_thumb.jpg

Edited by ThePitOfReason

Yeah, it does look alot like a ying and yang, which is a pretty old symbol as it is. And it does most likely look like at least one crop circle or another, but.............what if there is some kind of a link, and that the veil that prevents us from seeing it is so riculously obvious and simple that it makes even better hidden. It doesn't really matter if it is alien, but could even be long forgotten knowledge originating from right here, but lost in the endless flow of time and previous civilizations. Wouldn't ya hate to miss the boat if only if only because you refused to be openminded enough to accept some kind of possibility. It might be a fake or may not, but until proven at least it's one additional thing out there that might not fit into category of needs more investigation.

Yeah, it does look alot like a ying and yang, which is a pretty old symbol as it is. And it does most likely look like at least one crop circle or another, but.............what if there is some kind of a link, and that the veil that prevents us from seeing it is so riculously obvious and simple that it makes even better hidden. It doesn't really matter if it is alien, but could even be long forgotten knowledge originating from right here, but lost in the endless flow of time and previous civilizations. Wouldn't ya hate to miss the boat if only if only because you refused to be openminded enough to accept some kind of possibility. It might be a fake or may not, but until proven at least it's one additional thing out there that might not fit into category of needs more investigation.

You know what your 100% right in saying that. And I also think that way most of the time. I guess the thing that makes me think of it not being real is that I do sand blasting and it would be easy to put any crop circle on a rock.