Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Forum - Updates Still Underway

Saru

The new PhP/SQL based Forum is now up and online, with a pile of new features, and greatly improved performace and speed.

There are still a number of things that have to be done, and these will be completed over the next few days. These include :

- Cosmetic Changes / Forum Logo

- Posting icons are going to be changed

- Smilies have to be added again

- Forum order/layout has to be changed

- Ranks and counts need to be added

- File Attachments Need To Be Re-Added

- Bugs need to be ironed out

You are however, free to post to the new forum, and please let me know if you find any bugs - there will likely be a few glitches here and there since this is still all very new. :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Kira

• SpaceyKC

• Mentalcase

Kinda weird, but it looks good.

Karma?!!! :P Sounds cool!

*The forum loads so much quicker!!

::):-* Gareth as ever we appreciate all your hard work...

But Wow this is very good.

Yes I agree with MC about the Karma rating...... ;) should prove interesting.

Good going Gareth. New forum page is now listed in my favourite places. :)

On official opening day are we going to have speeches and the cutting of ribbons. ;)

;D

:D

like the new layout loads.

As ever, you are continually improving (which I didn't think possible as I liked the site anyway!) More power to your elbow Saruman! :D :D :D :D :D ( ;D )

WOW!!!

Page loads are super quick, no more 2 minute wait. Fantastic job, Gareth. <insert jumping froggy>

First bug I noticed is that when you do the 'karma' vote, the next page comes up completely blank. Lord, I think I'm going to have to register under another name if I hope to ever show a positive 'karma'. :P ;D Oh well, that's fate I guess. :-\

Magikman :D

* - Also noticed that I had to reload the main forum page after posting, has that happened to anyone else?, or is it just my ancient browser? :P

We bow to you, great webmaster!

Wizard of the Webpages...

and his name is SARUMAN!!

(btw, will there be door prizes?) ;D

Woah!! Awesome .. the man hours you must put in :D. Allthough the smileys don't seem to be loading on the page properly.

Hey and I love the way the thread posts are shownfrom newest to oldest on the reply page. (Don't tell me they've allways been like that :o)

Thanks for all your comments. :)

Progress update :

After a couple of hitches the Smilies are finally back up and running again. All the smiley codes in existing posts should now be replaced with the appropriate smilies, and the "add smilies" section on the post screen is working as well.

Regarding the "karma" feature, I'm not quite sure what that is to be honest, it was enabled by default, and I think I'm going to turn it off for the time being. I don't know if I like the idea of people being able to "rate" other folk, as it could be abused too easily.

Things still to come :

- The Calendar will be fixed up and re-enabled

- Logo / Cosmetic changes

- Complete list of improvements and changes

- Ranks need to be changed

- File Attachments still to be done

- Additional mods to be added

- More bug fixes

:skReally like the new look, but I had a bit of trouble logging in and had to get a new password, did anyone else experience this?

Also can't get my picture icon up as I don't know how to resize it. :'(

Shame about the Karma thing but yes it could be up to abuse :s5

But please if you will I quite I like the title of YaBb God<can we have Goddess> ;D

I agree that the karma thing could have gotten out of hand. everything seems to be running great SaRuMaN!!

Magikman, time to upgrade that 4.0! hahaha get with the in-crowd dude!

I agree with CW - could we please have the title:

goddess (being that we are anyway) ;D

(what? modest was not part of the title was it?) :s2

::)I didn't see it anywhere....... :s2

Great looking site SaRuMaN. But is it just me, or does seeing the easy to read bold words and pictures on the forum, then reading the small print that's actually on the post, cause an eye strain for just a moment?

CW / KC,

Unfortunately there is no "add more membergroups" mod built into the new forum, so I will have to go and find one. However - I can assign custom titles to individual members - so if you'd like a specific title on your profile when you post, let me know. ( This would be in addition to it saying Yabb God for the moment )

Homer,

I'm not too keen on the really bold writing either - I'm going to try and make it just normal plain text on the thread structure part at the top, and the large posting pictures will likely be replaced with something a little more fancy. 8)

However - I can assign custom titles to individual members - so if you'd like a specific title on your profile when you post, let me know. ( This would be in addition to it saying Yabb God for the moment )

I'd like mine to say Discussion Board Nazi :D

Unless, of course, being a moderator makes that title redundant.

:sg

::) :s2 :s2 :s2

I still have probs resizing my pic any one help? I'd just lke her not to look blurry :P

MM,

Consider it done. :s03

CW,

Whats the URL to your full sized pic ? I'll have a go at resizing it in Photoshop if you like. 8)