Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Contest 3: Freakiest Ghost Experience

Kar-zid

Hello all, me and JN have once again decided to start a contest. This one will be the freakiest paranormal experience you have had. You are alowed one entry, though you may share as many stories as you like. If you share more than one story you will have to make it known which story is the one you are submitting for this contest. ^_^ I hope you all enjoy reading about others freaky experiences, and if you have one please share! If anyone wants to be a judge just ask me.

Rules:

1. No fake stories.

2. No ones experiences are to be criticised. You may discuss them, be skeptical, but no criticism.

3. Only one story is counted for the contest, as explained before. You still may post more.

Hello all, me and JN have once again decided to start a contest. This one will be the freakiest paranormal experience you have had. You are alowed one entry, though you may share as many stories as you like. If you share more than one story you will have to make it known which story is the one you are submitting for this contest. ^_^ I hope you all enjoy reading about others freaky experiences, and if you have one please share! If anyone wants to be a judge just ask me.

Rules:

1. No fake stories.

2. No ones experiences are to be criticised. You may discuss them, be skeptical, but no criticism.

3. Only one story is counted for the contest, as explained before. You still may post more.

I'm sure there are much better ones out there, but here is mine.

I shared a condo with a friend of mine in North Miami Beach. I was a cabinet maker at the time for about 7 years. One day my friend and I were talking in my bedroom then-BANG! We heard a loud sound, which in itself startled us. We were the only two in the condo at the time. So we went towards his bedroom where we heard the sound and to our amazement, one of the drawers from his dresser was laying on the floor broken into several pieces.

Being a cabinet maker for many years, I had a good mechanical knowledge of drawers. This was an older piece from the 70’s and it did not have any rollers on it or drawer glides. It simply would slide in and out rubbing on the cabinet portion beneath the drawer. What was the most incredible part of it was the fact that the drawer had about a 2” lip at the rear on top. This was to prevent it from falling out if you pull it out too far. So if you wanted to remove it, you would have to pull it all the way out, and then raise it up a few inches so the lip would clear the face of the cabinet.

Of course we inspected it and could come to no conclusion as to what happened, other than what we thought it might have been a ghost.

I also remember that I was standing in the corner of my bedroom and I felt a cold drop of water land on my head. Of course I looked up as I felt my head. There was no moister on my head and nothing on the ceiling above. But I know what a drop of cold water feels like.

On a side note, the rent was very cheap for a 5th floor condo which was fully renovated and on the water. I didn’t question it, but was excited to get such a deal with no security deposit. I now am a little suspicious of what might have happened there in the past…..

Any ideas to what happened?

I shared a condo with a friend of mine in North Miami Beach. I was a cabinet maker at the time for about 7 years. One day my friend and I were talking in my bedroom then-BANG! We heard a loud sound, which in itself startled us. We were the only two in the condo at the time. So we went towards his bedroom where we heard the sound and to our amazement, one of the drawers from his dresser was laying on the floor broken into several pieces.

Being a cabinet maker for many years, I had a good mechanical knowledge of drawers. This was an older piece from the 70’s and it did not have any rollers on it or drawer glides. It simply would slide in and out rubbing on the cabinet portion beneath the drawer. What was the most incredible part of it was the fact that the drawer had about a 2” lip at the rear on top. This was to prevent it from falling out if you pull it out too far. So if you wanted to remove it, you would have to pull it all the way out, and then raise it up a few inches so the lip would clear the face of the cabinet.

Of course we inspected it and could come to no conclusion as to what happened, other than what we thought it might have been a ghost.

I also remember that I was standing in the corner of my bedroom and I felt a cold drop of water land on my head. Of course I looked up as I felt my head. There was no moister on my head and nothing on the ceiling above. But I know what a drop of cold water feels like.

On a side note, the rent was very cheap for a 5th floor condo which was fully renovated and on the water. I didn’t question it, but was excited to get such a deal with no security deposit. I now am a little suspicious of what might have happened there in the past…..

That is a very weird experience, especially considering that the drawer must have been pulled the whole way AND lifted up to fall... I have often felt water land on my head, and when I feel my head there is nothing there. Strangely it always happens before it rains. Sometime it rains only minutes after, sometimes a day, but there is never an actual raindrop that hits me. Odd, ain't it? ^_^ Anyway, great story!

this is my experience i had when i was about 10,

i had ghost encounter in my house which started the chain of events and this went on for about a month but ill just make the long story short

so how it all started was that i was laying down in my moms bed, it was dark but it was light from the moon outside so it was like that eerie blue neon color, so my mom was in the bathroom washing her face and i was just laying there staring at the wall. when all of a sudden i see this black mass like form at the door, and make its way around the room about twice, before going right next to me, then to the window and looking outside and dissapearing. thats how it all started

the following story is the one im submiting

after that experience, i was freaked all jumpy, shaky, just no clue what is going on in my house. so when i went to sleep one night this is probaly the worst of all the nights. after that experience i started to sleep under the covers. from fear of waking to something standing over me while i sleep( i still do :lol: ) so i was underneathe my covers trying to drift alseep. when i would hear someone walking, the footsteps would start at the fooot of my bed then make its way around to the side i was sleeping on. then go to the foot of the bed again, and just repeat. me just saying its probaly just a family member just jump up real fast to see who it is, but upon doing so. i found no one there. and i sleep with my door close and i forgot i didnt hear it open. so being freaked out i hid underneath my covers. only to have the footsteps start again. onlywith the steps, there was this low like grumbeling/ rambeling/whispering. i cant rembmber what it was saying i just remember it was there. me at the time i was freaking out. i would raise up again to find no one there. this time i turned on my lights and searched my room, hopeing someone was playing a trick on me, sadly no one was there. shaking from terror, i turned the lights off and ran back to my bed and hid, only instead of footsteps i felt the "thing" sit on my bed right on top of my legs, i could actually feel the pressue like if someone really was to sit on your legs. this just made me flip out and i would then scream for my dad :P .

this went on for about a month before my dad had my aunt come over, (shes a pastor) and she blessed my room, and house and everything just stopped after that =]

well thats my story

thanks for reading :D

This is one my accounts.. I'd recently shared on another part of the forum..

I had just gotten home from work one night, was lying in my bed. I had just sat down and laid back when I saw these huge bat like shadows on the ceiling. Some were bigger than others, maybe five in total. Then this sudden feeling of Doom suddenly came over me. A feeling that there is NOT a term we have to describe. A fear, doom, despair, grief, every bad negative emotion we have rolled up in one, and that doesn't' even come close to getting it across- the extent of it.

I started to get this paranoid sensation, as if something was in the room with me. So, I covered my eyes with my right arm bent over my face. I felt this strong urge to look around the room, and I did. I immediately saw to my right an old woman standing there next to my bed. She was staring at me. Glowing from the inside out. Her eyes were these huge black holes. She had grey hair, & No expression on her face at all. She was just looking down with her head turned staring at me. She bent over me.. She started moving in closer and closer to me. I started to move backwards.. crawling backwards into my headboard, until I couldn't move back any further. She had eventually got so close to my face, her nose was almost touching mine. (sigh).

It was at that point, that I couldn't take it another second. I felt my heart was about to explode.. I couldn't jump up and run out the door, because I'd have to go thru her, and I was NOT going there.

I immediately turned over, closed my eyes, and began to pray to God out loud. Saying the "the Lord's prayer" as best I could remember being so scared out of my mind.

I looked back over and she was still there.

I kept praying..

Finally, I don't know how long it was, I turned back over peeping to see, and she started to literally fade away.

anyway...

That scared the living Sh!t out of me. It took some years from me, I do believe.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=130025

this is my experience i had when i was about 10,

i had ghost encounter in my house which started the chain of events and this went on for about a month but ill just make the long story short

so how it all started was that i was laying down in my moms bed, it was dark but it was light from the moon outside so it was like that eerie blue neon color, so my mom was in the bathroom washing her face and i was just laying there staring at the wall. when all of a sudden i see this black mass like form at the door, and make its way around the room about twice, before going right next to me, then to the window and looking outside and dissapearing. thats how it all started

the following story is the one im submiting

after that experience, i was freaked all jumpy, shaky, just no clue what is going on in my house. so when i went to sleep one night this is probaly the worst of all the nights. after that experience i started to sleep under the covers. from fear of waking to something standing over me while i sleep( i still do :lol: ) so i was underneathe my covers trying to drift alseep. when i would hear someone walking, the footsteps would start at the fooot of my bed then make its way around to the side i was sleeping on. then go to the foot of the bed again, and just repeat. me just saying its probaly just a family member just jump up real fast to see who it is, but upon doing so. i found no one there. and i sleep with my door close and i forgot i didnt hear it open. so being freaked out i hid underneath my covers. only to have the footsteps start again. onlywith the steps, there was this low like grumbeling/ rambeling/whispering. i cant rembmber what it was saying i just remember it was there. me at the time i was freaking out. i would raise up again to find no one there. this time i turned on my lights and searched my room, hopeing someone was playing a trick on me, sadly no one was there. shaking from terror, i turned the lights off and ran back to my bed and hid, only instead of footsteps i felt the "thing" sit on my bed right on top of my legs, i could actually feel the pressue like if someone really was to sit on your legs. this just made me flip out and i would then scream for my dad :P .

this went on for about a month before my dad had my aunt come over, (shes a pastor) and she blessed my room, and house and everything just stopped after that =]

well thats my story

thanks for reading :D

Creepy experience, I wonder what the ghost was rambling when he walked by your bed... Well I'm glad your room was blessed and it stopped! ^_^

I had just gotten home from work one night, was lying in my bed. I had just sat down and laid back when I saw these huge bat like shadows on the ceiling. Some were bigger than others, maybe five in total. Then this sudden feeling of Doom suddenly came over me. A feeling that there is NOT a term we have to describe. A fear, doom, despair, grief, every bad negative emotion we have rolled up in one, and that doesn't' even come close to getting it across- the extent of it.

I started to get this paranoid sensation, as if something was in the room with me. So, I covered my eyes with my right arm bent over my face. I felt this strong urge to look around the room, and I did. I immediately saw to my right an old woman standing there next to my bed. She was staring at me. Glowing from the inside out. Her eyes were these huge black holes. She had grey hair, & No expression on her face at all. She was just looking down with her head turned staring at me. She bent over me.. She started moving in closer and closer to me. I started to move backwards.. crawling backwards into my headboard, until I couldn't move back any further. She had eventually got so close to my face, her nose was almost touching mine. (sigh).

It was at that point, that I couldn't take it another second. I felt my heart was about to explode.. I couldn't jump up and run out the door, because I'd have to go thru her, and I was NOT going there.

I immediately turned over, closed my eyes, and began to pray to God out loud. Saying the "the Lord's prayer" as best I could remember being so scared out of my mind.

I kept praying..

Finally, I don't know how long it was, I turned back over peeping to see, and she started to literally fade away.

anyway...

That scared the living Sh!t out of me. It took some years from me, I do believe.

Woah, freaky... Did any old woman close to you, maybe a grandparent, die recently before that?

I'm kind of torn between seeing the teenage boy apparition, and hearing the door slam at my friend's house and it wasn't any of the doors that were there. I think that the teenage boy apparition is the mulah of my freaky experiences, but at the time, it wasn't really that freaky, abnormal at the time, but I didn't get the chills until a couple of years later when I spotted his discription on shadowlands.net on the base that I saw him on. The door slamming wasn't all that freaky, if one could rate it next to the teenage boy apparition, but I got freaky chills right then and there.

This experience occured first. It first started out as a phone call from my friend and neighbor, when we lived next to each other on a military base in New Jersey. She told me when she had put her oldest, (and at that time, her only child and son) to bed in his room, leaving his bedroom door wide open. There were only two other bedrooms and a bathroom on that floor, the upstairs, and they were hooked locked tight. While downstairs, my friend what sounded like an upstairs door slamming loud and tight. When she went upstairs to investigate, she was freaked out to noticed that the three hooked locked tight bedroom doors were still shut tight. The remaining bedroom door, her son's door, was still wide open, untouched. What door slammed?!?!

A couple of days later, I was over there, with my son, and her son was with her, myself, and son, downstairs watching tv, when we all heard it. The sound of a loud slam, coming from the upstairs. I definately heard it, and it was coming from upstairs. My friends was like, "Go ahead, check it out!", and I got up and went upstairs. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, I noticed that the three hooked locked tight doors, were still locked tight. I even checked themselves to see if there was any space between the door and the doorframe. There wasn't. They were shut tight. Her son's bedroom door, the remaining door, was wide open, and untouched. And I felt my whole insides go cold, with instant chills to boot. I couldn't even explain. You see, that was a on the spot freaky experience right there.

The other experience occured sometime later, at night, after visiting a friend's house on the neighboring Army base neighborhood. It was around 11:00, because when we leave this house, it was a scrapbook thing that always would end around that time. We got into my friend's car and pulled out slowly into the road, and started driving toward the end of it, to turn onto the road perpendicular to it. As we pulled up to the end of the street, I remember seeing walking across the end of the straight a blond haired boy, wearing a blue jeaned jacket and pants, with a red cap. I remember pointing out to my friend, who was driving, and commented how that hat didn't go with his outfit. She slowed down and then stopped, after the boy walked across and stepped up onto the curb. I remember turning my head to see the back of his, and remember feeling how odd that he didn't turn to see how close we were to him. I mean, He just stepped up to the curb, and was still close to our car, wouldn't anyone turn around to see how close you were? He didn't, and he walked away. I just remember feeling how odd he was, just staring at the back of his blond head. I turned my head away, staring straight in front of me, when my friend commented that she thought she saw him fade away. I'm like, 'naw, it's dark and there are a lot of trees here. He may have ran into the woods, and it looked like that." My friend was like, "I guess"

I have talked to her on the phone about it, and she doesn't remember it. Anyways, years later, another friend wanted to know more about another house in that area known to be haunted, and I was trying to look it up on the net to find it. While I googled the keywords, the name of the Army base, and hauntings in New Jersey, One of the sites that came up on the hits, was Shadowlands.net came up, and when I read it, then I got chills. One of the many places and apparitions spotted by many people, was that teenage boy dressed in blue jeans and jacket and a red cap, seen walking the very place I saw him at, and fading away. But this freaky feeling happened years later.

I'll put in the doorslamming experience, because that happened right there, twice for my friend, and the freaky feeling experience happened instantly. So there you have it!

Woah, freaky... Did any old woman close to you, maybe a grandparent, die recently before that?

No.. I'd lost both my parents not too long before that though. but, this woman looked nothing like my mother or really anyone I know. I had other issues (unexplained) during that time as well. That was just the beginning.

I'm kind of torn between seeing the teenage boy apparition, and hearing the door slam at my friend's house and it wasn't any of the doors that were there. I think that the teenage boy apparition is the mulah of my freaky experiences, but at the time, it wasn't really that freaky, abnormal at the time, but I didn't get the chills until a couple of years later when I spotted his discription on shadowlands.net on the base that I saw him on. The door slamming wasn't all that freaky, if one could rate it next to the teenage boy apparition, but I got freaky chills right then and there.

This experience occured first. It first started out as a phone call from my friend and neighbor, when we lived next to each other on a military base in New Jersey. She told me when she had put her oldest, (and at that time, her only child and son) to bed in his room, leaving his bedroom door wide open. There were only two other bedrooms and a bathroom on that floor, the upstairs, and they were hooked locked tight. While downstairs, my friend what sounded like an upstairs door slamming loud and tight. When she went upstairs to investigate, she was freaked out to noticed that the three hooked locked tight bedroom doors were still shut tight. The remaining bedroom door, her son's door, was still wide open, untouched. What door slammed?!?!

A couple of days later, I was over there, with my son, and her son was with her, myself, and son, downstairs watching tv, when we all heard it. The sound of a loud slam, coming from the upstairs. I definately heard it, and it was coming from upstairs. My friends was like, "Go ahead, check it out!", and I got up and went upstairs. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, I noticed that the three hooked locked tight doors, were still locked tight. I even checked themselves to see if there was any space between the door and the doorframe. There wasn't. They were shut tight. Her son's bedroom door, the remaining door, was wide open, and untouched. And I felt my whole insides go cold, with instant chills to boot. I couldn't even explain. You see, that was a on the spot freaky experience right there.

The other experience occured sometime later, at night, after visiting a friend's house on the neighboring Army base neighborhood. It was around 11:00, because when we leave this house, it was a scrapbook thing that always would end around that time. We got into my friend's car and pulled out slowly into the road, and started driving toward the end of it, to turn onto the road perpendicular to it. As we pulled up to the end of the street, I remember seeing walking across the end of the straight a blond haired boy, wearing a blue jeaned jacket and pants, with a red cap. I remember pointing out to my friend, who was driving, and commented how that hat didn't go with his outfit. She slowed down and then stopped, after the boy walked across and stepped up onto the curb. I remember turning my head to see the back of his, and remember feeling how odd that he didn't turn to see how close we were to him. I mean, He just stepped up to the curb, and was still close to our car, wouldn't anyone turn around to see how close you were? He didn't, and he walked away. I just remember feeling how odd he was, just staring at the back of his blond head. I turned my head away, staring straight in front of me, when my friend commented that she thought she saw him fade away. I'm like, 'naw, it's dark and there are a lot of trees here. He may have ran into the woods, and it looked like that." My friend was like, "I guess"

I have talked to her on the phone about it, and she doesn't remember it. Anyways, years later, another friend wanted to know more about another house in that area known to be haunted, and I was trying to look it up on the net to find it. While I googled the keywords, the name of the Army base, and hauntings in New Jersey, One of the sites that came up on the hits, was Shadowlands.net came up, and when I read it, then I got chills. One of the many places and apparitions spotted by many people, was that teenage boy dressed in blue jeans and jacket and a red cap, seen walking the very place I saw him at, and fading away. But this freaky feeling happened years later.

I'll put in the doorslamming experience, because that happened right there, twice for my friend, and the freaky feeling experience happened instantly. So there you have it!

Awesome experiences, I've heard someones experience with that blonde boy, it might have been yours. ^_^ The door slamming was definitely odd...

No.. I'd lost both my parents not too long before that though. but, this woman looked nothing like my mother or really anyone I know. I had other issues (unexplained) during that time as well. That was just the beginning.

I'm sorry to hear that your parents died. Care to share anymore unexplained events?

Being a cabinet maker for many years, I had a good mechanical knowledge of drawers. This was an older piece from the 70's and it did not have any rollers on it or drawer glides. It simply would slide in and out rubbing on the cabinet portion beneath the drawer. What was the most incredible part of it was the fact that the drawer had about a 2" lip at the rear on top. This was to prevent it from falling out if you pull it out too far. So if you wanted to remove it, you would have to pull it all the way out, and then raise it up a few inches so the lip would clear the face of the cabinet.

On a side note, the rent was very cheap for a 5th floor condo which was fully renovated and on the water. I didn't question it, but was excited to get such a deal with no security deposit. I now am a little suspicious of what might have happened there in the past…..

Great story! I think its possible that when it was renovated it, it possibly disturbed a spirit, who became upset with the changes made. Do you still live there? JN

I'm sorry to hear that your parents died. Care to share anymore unexplained events?

sigh, to name a few things that come to mind..

Light bulbs exploding all through the house.. when all electrical turned out fine. Smell of burning wood mixed with something else, I can't explain. Something would bang on the wall on one side of the bedroom so hard that it would knock everything off the wall on the other side (witnesses to this). Pictures would be hung upside down (this happened so many times, I lost count). I had two incidents where two black snakes (each 4 foot long) crawled behind me. One while I was washing dishes, the other was coiled up outside of my shower as I was getting out, there it was. (I had to call my brother, a fireman, off his job to come kill the first one). They were real and not in my imagination and this happened in below freezing (Jan) temp. snakes usually hibernate at that time. There was absolutely no way they could have gotten into my house. Huge green orb stood in mid air pulsating for the longest.. bright green. Constantly, Bird feathers left all through the house including on the inside of my car- fossets would turn on full blast.. (witnesses to this) come home and bathroom and hall be flooded literally. Or come home and the kitchen would be in a foot of water. People that stayed here with me were being attacked. The scratching inside of the walls, the chewing noises, the images of small animals running through out the house.. when there were none. That's all I'll mention for now..

Light bulbs exploding all through the house.. when all electrical turned out fine. Smell of burning wood mixed with something else, I can't explain. Something would bang on the wall on one side of the bedroom so hard that it would knock everything off the wall on the other side (witnesses to this). Pictures would be hung upside down (this happened so many times, I lost count). I had two incidents where two black snakes (each 4 foot long) crawled behind me. One while I was washing dishes, the other was coiled up outside of my shower as I was getting out, there it was. (I had to call my brother, a fireman, off his job to come kill the first one). They were real and not in my imagination and this happened in below freezing (Jan) temp. snakes usually hibernate at that time. There was absolutely no way they could have gotten into my house. Huge green orb stood in mid air pulsating for the longest.. bright green. Constantly, Bird feathers left all through the house including on the inside of my car- fossets would turn on full blast.. (witnesses to this) come home and bathroom and hall be flooded literally. Or come home and the kitchen would be in a foot of water. People that stayed here with me were being attacked. The scratching inside of the walls, the chewing noises, the images of small animals running through out the house.. when there were none. That's all I'll mention for now..

((((((((Sunni))))))) Thank God that is over..JN :yes:

((((((((Sunni))))))) Thank God that is over..JN :yes:

Yess, it is.. <sigh>

Great story! I think its possible that when it was renovated it, it possibly disturbed a spirit, who became upset with the changes made. Do you still live there? JN

Hey JN, do you want to be a judge?

Woah, that's creepy. I don't think those spirits liked people much. I'm glad it ended, it'd be hard to live with that! Those black snakes intrigue me, with all the weird stuff going on and a black snake just appears in the middle of it's hibernation time inside your house. :blink: I guess the spirits really didn't want anyone there, or maybe they just got a thrill out of scaring you.

Okay .. This is a complete true story that my friend told me what happend to her friend..

This girl ( My mate ) thought it would be cool to get a load of people and try and do a weegie board well they were trying to make contact with her dead uncle but because they didn't have any professional people there to stop bad spirits going through well one did and told the girl "Your going to die on your 16th birthday" Everyone laughed and thought it was a joke at first until the glass that they were using started to spin round crazily and smashed against a wall well then everyone was ****ing bricks at that time. All the people that were there never talked about it. She started to have nightmares and waking up with a dark shadow over her. The girl when she told her parents of this her parents had no idea what to do so the rang a Priest and asked him to come round they asked him on the night before her 16th birthday to watch over her. I went round her house once and they were talking about it and the lights started to flicker and the table in front of them started to judder and there was a powercut. Her was the onyl house in the street that had a power cut. Could be a coincidence not sure. Well on the night of the girls 16th birthday she went to bed the Priest sprinkled holy water over her and kept chanting prayers at midnight the priest saw a dark shadow cross the room and go right through the girl. She was fine and lived.

Can i just say when they were in the room they were the only ones there. There was a lamp on and the Priest was sitting in a chair the curtains were drawed so there is no way that shadow could move..

Here is my contributio for the competition. I have more stories, and all of them true.

By Terry D. Burgoyne (Lonecat)

A true account of an experience I had while in the Royal Air Force at R.A.F Yatesbury.

My parents were still living in Linden Close (where I had had my first ghostly experience and which I also have on file) and I was still stationed at R.A.F. Yatesbury, not far from Calne, the home of Harris’s bacon factory and very near Avebury, famous for its stone circles and, more recently, for the mysterious appearances of what have come to be known as “Crop Circles”.

The R.A.F. camp now no longer exists and where it once stood there are, at the time of writing, only open fields, the village of Avebury and nearby Silbury Hill with its famous White Horse cut into the chalk that underlies the wild grassland.

On the particular night of which I write, the weather was cold and still and there was a full moon which cast its light so brightly upon the camp that everything stood out in sharply contrasted light and shadow. We did our rounds two men at a time and as my mate and I awaited our turn we sat in the guard room smoking, talking and drinking large mugs of hot, strong tea from the tea urn. The air was stale and smokey and when it came to our turn to do the rounds we were glad to get out of the guard room and breathe some fresh air.

Mike and I (I’ll call him Mike as I don’t recall his real name now) set out in our battle dress uniforms with greatcoat, webbing belt and beret. We were armed with wooden truncheons, affectionately known as “chair-legs”. We had no other weapons: certainly no fire-arms. It was our job to patrol the perimeter of the compound and check for anything unusual, occasionally going amongst the aged aircraft. We chatted with each other and commented on life and people on the camp and off. I remember that it was so cold that I was glad of my trusty greatcoat and gloves.

As we were doing our two hour stint and admiring the cold, crisp night and the beautiful, if doleful full Moon. I remember that I was telling Mike something or other when suddenly he pointed over my shoulder to one of the aircraft standing behind me and said, in what was like a whispered shout, “Hey, look up there Tel! There’s somebody in that cockpit!” I turned and looked at the aircraft, I don’t remember if it was a Halifax or a Wellington but it was a World-War-Two Bomber.

The plane, which had only the stubs of its former wings, was standing on its undercarriage, clearly visible in the brilliant moonlight which shone from above and behind it. The plane was thus a sharply defined silhouette with a metallic sheen along the upper part of the fuselage and tail-plane. Mike had drawn my attention to the cockpit and when I looked up, there, plainly visibly against the moonlight was a human figure seated in the cockpit on the starboard side which I think may have been the navigator’s side and wearing what was obviously a flying helmet as I could see a prominent bulge on either side of the figure’s head where the headphones would be. Not only that but I could clearly see a cable leading down from the helmet.

The figure did not move but appeared to be that of a person either asleep or in reflective mood. I glanced at Mike and his face had a puzzled look. His mouth hung open in disbelief. He looked at his watch and then at me, his eyebrows raised quizzically. It was just after midnight so I looked up at the figure in the cockpit and shouted, “Hey you! What d’you think you’re doing? Come on out of there!” The figure did not stir and Mike and I looked at each other puzzled. Mike whispered to me, “What’s ‘e up to at this time o’night?”

“Search me”, I said. “Maybe he’s crazy about aeroplanes”.

“Crazy about summink”, Mike said “What are we gunna do?”

“Well we’d better do something”, I said “we’ll have to investigate. After all, we are on guard duty. Tell you what, you stay here and keep an eye on him and Ill go in and see what he is up to. He’s not supposed to be in that plane. That’s for sure”.

So that is what we did. Mike stayed where he was and I walked over to the bomber and found that the door in the bullet-riddled side of the fuselage was shut. However, the bomb hatch was open as the bomb doors themselves had been removed. I crouched under the belly of the plane and hauled myself up through the bomb hatch into the interior of the plane. Once inside I gripped my “chair leg” firmly with its strap around my left wrist and started forward, banging the stick against the metal air frame. The truncheon echoed loudly within the empty fuselage as I made my way towards the port side access to the flight deck.

“Hey you, whoever, you are! Come on! Out o’ there mate!” I shouted and banged my truncheon even harder against the bulkhead.

To me, who had never been inside a World War Two bomber before, the inside of the fuselage seemed remarkably frail and “tinny” and my boots clattered loudly on the deck. I reached the access “doorway” to the flight deck and hesitated. I pressed myself against the bulkhead and held the chair leg at the ready. Once again I shouted loudly, “if you don’t come out o’ there right now matey I’m coming in!” I banged the truncheon back and forth against the metal sides of the doorwary and then sprang in, ready for anything.

The flight deck was empty. There was no sign of anybody there at all. The pilot’s seat was empty and so was the navigator’s. As I remained there for a moment in a crouched position. I fancied I heard a roaring nosie like a distant.swarm of angry bees in my ears but this may have been due only to my surprise and consternation. I straightened up and looked about me and through the cabin’s canopy I saw Mike still standing on the concrete strip outside. A chill ran though me as I though how nobody could have got past me in this cramped space and anybody running along the deck of the fuselage would have made a hell of a racket and in case, nobody had or could have passed me through that narrow doorway without my noticing. I retraced my steps along the fuselage quite perturbed at what had happened. Mike and I had both seen the figure in the cockpit. In fact it was Mike who had seen the figure first and had drawn my attention to it. I just could not figure it out. I reached the bomb hatch and jumped down to the ground below. As I drew closer to Mike I could see that he was shaking all over.

“What’s up?” I asked him. His words came out shakily and his face looked even paler than before. It was almost white and this was not due to the moonlight. “What’s the matter?” I insisted. With an effort he pointed to the now empty cockpit and almost gasped, “That man! That figure! As soon as you climbed into that plane he…it….just vanished. One minute ‘e was there and then…..gone”.

I could hardly believe this. I had seen what I thought must have been a ghost before and had been frightened. This seemed similar but instead of being afraid I was more amazed and intrigued. This time I had a witness. No! I was the one to be the witness because Mike had seen it first. If he hadn’t pointed it out to me I would never have seen the thing. This made me feel somehow bolstered by the experience, even excited, happy!

I grasped Mike by his arm and said gently, “Listen Mike, Take it easy. Calm down. Don’t forget we’re on guard”. In a moment or two more Mike was visibly recovering.

“Cor Jesus” He said, “That really scared me!”

“I can see that”. I said with a smile “Have you never seen a ghost before?”

“Nah!” he said. “I never believed in ‘em before. But now….Cor! What a turn up for the book!”

We still had about another half hour to go before we finished our round of guard duty and we looked around the immediate area of the aircraft and, finding nothing more unusual and no sign of any other person around, we continued on our way.

As we walked on in the moonlight Mike said, “I suppose we better report this, right?” “Yep” I said, “Everyone has to make a report at the end of guard duty, even if there’s nothing to report.”

Well the time came for the changing of the guard and we duly reported back to the guardroom. The next two for guard duty were talking to the others as we went in and one of them looked up and said “How’d it go? Any I.R.A?” Mike, still with no colour in his cheeks, said “Nah, only a ghost.” Then he began to tell the others about our experience. Just then our duty Flight Sergeant came out of his office and apparently heard what we were talking about. “That’s enough of that!” he snapped. “You two”, he said, pointing to the two airmen who were next for duty, “Get a move on!”

The two went outside, peered back through one of the glass panes in the door and raised their eyebrows high while opening their eyes wide in a stage gesture of frightened reluctance to go.

The flight Sergeant gestured to me and Mike to come over and fill in the report form. I was given the form and I began to give a written account of everything that had happened during our round of guard duty. The flight Sergeant, who was reading what I wrote over my shoulder, tapped me on the arm and said “Yes all right. I think you’d better come into the office and finish that in there.”

Mike and I entered the office and when I had completed the report the flight Sergeant leaned heavily on the edge of the desk and regarded us for a moment with a very earnest expression. “Right,” he said at last, “sign that both of you and I have to tell you now that you must say nothing about all this to anybody on or off camp. That’s a Station Standing Order.” Mike and I looked at each other puzzled and then back at the Flight Sergeant who added, “The C.O. issued this order himself and he said that if anybody ever mentioned this business to anybody he’d have their guts for garters!” The only hint as to why such an order had been issued in the first place was given us by the Flight Sergeant himself as he added, “You see, you blokes are not the first ones to report seeing what you saw. Not by a long shot”

................................................................................

Edited by Lonecat

No I don't. It was about 14 years ago when I moved from there. The weird thing is I almost forgot about this experience until yesterday. I guess something jogged my memory, but not this post...

OK, I feel compelled to share...

Background on that night first: My mom and stepdad were going to be helping some friends out with the catering of a wedding. This was before everyone had a cell phone, and they knew that they would not be able to call and check up on me at home, where I was babysitting my younger sister. So, they said my friend from across the street could stay over, and her mother agreed to check in with us once in a while, though their house phone for reasons I don't recall, was out of order at the time. At this time, I was 12 or 13 years old, my sister was about four, and my friend was roughly my age.

So, after eating dinner that Mom had left for us, the three of us, including the cat we had at the time, sat down to watch some TV. We were not rowdy, and I was out to do everything right because this was the first time I had been left to babysit my little sister for any longer than an hour or two. That's when we heard what sounded like a large book being thrown on the floor in my bedroom. I remember thinking that the dictionary I kept on my dresser must have fallen, but when I got up to check, not yet freaked out, everything was in its place. As I came back to the living room, we all distinctly heard the sound of my mother's closet opening and shutting...repeatedly, followed by the sound of someone throwing themselves on the bed in there. Remember, the cat was in the living room with us, so she wasn't up to any mischief. I swung Mom's bedroom door open, and her closet door was wide open, and there was the indentation of a human body on the bed. Before I go on, I need to mention that my mother is a bit OCD about tidiness, and she would have died before leaving the house with the closet door open or without the bed made to where you could bounce a quarter off of it.

By this time, we were all a bit freaked, but I did not want to scare my sister, so I put on the brave face and dismissed it as nothing. I had not been sitting down for five minutes when the stomping began. It was as though someone was running through every room in the house and if that wasn't bad enough, something began to pound on the windows. My friend suggested we go back to her house, but then that would have meant possibly facing whatever was pounding the windows, and at that point, I did not want to assume that it was some sort of poltergeist activity in case there was someone out there trying to scare us. Never mind that the running sound was coming from inside the house or anything. I didn't want to scare my sister.

But we were scared. Scared half to death. Determined to get to the bottom of it, I grabbed a knife, handed my friend a baseball bat, and my sister a rolling pin and the cat. We searched the house. The noises never stopped as we did this, and the stomping and pounding noises were joined by the sound of things falling, as though someone were wrecking every room in the house, even though nothing was out of place. I looked under the beds, in the bathrooms, anywhere a living being could hide, but there was nothing to see, only unexplained noises to hear.

At that point, I called my aunt who lived a mile away but was not home at the time. My best friend lived next door to her, so I called her, and she offered to have her dad drive over, but said she would feel better if I just called the police. I was reluctant to do this because a. I had an irrational fear that the cops would think we were neglected children and put us in foster care, b. With an overprotective Cuban mother, I was sure that a call to the police would result in my never babysitting again and being dragged everywhere with the parents, and c. My friend's mom would see the police cars from across the street and FREAK. In the end, though, I called the police. By the time they arrived, the noises had died down, and of course, C happened. However, the police searched the property, the three of us explained what happened to them and my friend's mother in a calm, rational manner that I am proud of to this day, and convinced that whatever happened wasn't going to continue, my friend's mom went home and the cops left, reassuring us that there weren't even footprints outside the windows. And there would have been, as it had been raining earlier in the day.

I swore my sister to secrecy on the matter fearing B, and we decided to lock ourselves in my room for the night, cat included. Until my parents came home, it sounded as though there was a party going on in the living room, despite the TV being off. We kept hearing people laughing and talking, but in that way where you hear the voices, but can't quite make out the words. The stomping around started up again, and the sounds of things falling to the floor came back periodically.

Thing is, we were in a quiet neighborhood. There were no parties going on anywhere around us, and there was no one in the house. When my parents got home, Mom poked her head in the bedroom to wish us good night, and that's when the noises just stopped.

In the end, my sister did tell Mom what happened, and despite my fears of how she would react, she was very cool about it. She actually thought it highly responsible of me to call the police, and she did not dismiss us as having overactive imaginations. Though the house we were living in had always had some degree of unexplained activity, it had never been so fierce as it was that night, and never would be again.

I'm sure it's not the freakiest story posted here, but to this day, my sister and I still puzzle over what happened that night, and I'm 34 and she just turned 27.

Edited by Marby

I kept praying..

anyway...

when u said it was an old lady, i just remebered stories of how people are like visited by old hags in there sleep,

normally like shes sitting on there chest and they cant move and hardly breathe but the feel the same doom/despair feeling u had

Woah, that's creepy. I don't think those spirits liked people much. I'm glad it ended, it'd be hard to live with that! Those black snakes intrigue me, with all the weird stuff going on and a black snake just appears in the middle of it's hibernation time inside your house. :blink: I guess the spirits really didn't want anyone there, or maybe they just got a thrill out of scaring you.

I don't know Karzid. I was told by the people who cleansed my house (& blessed it) that it (snakes) were symbolic for a demonic attack. I think they were there to somehow break me down even more than I was already, I'm really not even sure.. sort of to take what ever security I had and just throw it out the window, so to speak. It was hell (pun intended). and I thank God everyday that it's in the past.

when u said it was an old lady, i just remebered stories of how people are like visited by old hags in there sleep,

normally like shes sitting on there chest and they cant move and hardly breathe but the feel the same doom/despair feeling u had

Yea, you're talking about the "old hag" and sleep paralysis.

I wished SP was all it was.. I could move, I could talk.. I wasn't paralyzed at all.

As matter of fact, I was crawling backward into my headboard till I couldn't move any further back..and I was praying out loud..

Edited by Shankpin

Hey JN, do you want to be a judge?

Sure KZ, This wont be easy. There are some amazing stories on here!! JN :yes:

OK, I feel compelled to share...

Background on that night first: My mom and stepdad were going to be helping some friends out with the catering of a wedding. This was before everyone had a cell phone, and they knew that they would not be able to call and check up on me at home, where I was babysitting my younger sister. So, they said my friend from across the street could stay over, and her mother agreed to check in with us once in a while, though their house phone for reasons I don't recall, was out of order at the time. At this time, I was 12 or 13 years old, my sister was about four, and my friend was roughly my age.

So, after eating dinner that Mom had left for us, the three of us, including the cat we had at the time, sat down to watch some TV. We were not rowdy, and I was out to do everything right because this was the first time I had been left to babysit my little sister for any longer than an hour or two. That's when we heard what sounded like a large book being thrown on the floor in my bedroom. I remember thinking that the dictionary I kept on my dresser must have fallen, but when I got up to check, not yet freaked out, everything was in its place. As I came back to the living room, we all distinctly heard the sound of my mother's closet opening and shutting...repeatedly, followed by the sound of someone throwing themselves on the bed in there. Remember, the cat was in the living room with us, so she wasn't up to any mischief. I swung Mom's bedroom door open, and her closet door was wide open, and there was the indentation of a human body on the bed. Before I go on, I need to mention that my mother is a bit OCD about tidiness, and she would have died before leaving the house with the closet door open or without the bed made to where you could bounce a quarter off of it.

By this time, we were all a bit freaked, but I did not want to scare my sister, so I put on the brave face and dismissed it as nothing. I had not been sitting down for five minutes when the stomping began. It was as though someone was running through every room in the house and if that wasn't bad enough, something began to pound on the windows. My friend suggested we go back to her house, but then that would have meant possibly facing whatever was pounding the windows, and at that point, I did not want to assume that it was some sort of poltergeist activity in case there was someone out there trying to scare us. Never mind that the running sound was coming from inside the house or anything. I didn't want to scare my sister.

But we were scared. Scared half to death. Determined to get to the bottom of it, I grabbed a knife, handed my friend a baseball bat, and my sister a rolling pin and the cat. We searched the house. The noises never stopped as we did this, and the stomping and pounding noises were joined by the sound of things falling, as though someone were wrecking every room in the house, even though nothing was out of place. I looked under the beds, in the bathrooms, anywhere a living being could hide, but there was nothing to see, only unexplained noises to hear.

At that point, I called my aunt who lived a mile away but was not home at the time. My best friend lived next door to her, so I called her, and she offered to have her dad drive over, but said she would feel better if I just called the police. I was reluctant to do this because a. I had an irrational fear that the cops would think we were neglected children and put us in foster care, b. With an overprotective Cuban mother, I was sure that a call to the police would result in my never babysitting again and being dragged everywhere with the parents, and c. My friend's mom would see the police cars from across the street and FREAK. In the end, though, I called the police. By the time they arrived, the noises had died down, and of course, C happened. However, the police searched the property, the three of us explained what happened to them and my friend's mother in a calm, rational manner that I am proud of to this day, and convinced that whatever happened wasn't going to continue, my friend's mom went home and the cops left, reassuring us that there weren't even footprints outside the windows. And there would have been, as it had been raining earlier in the day.

I swore my sister to secrecy on the matter fearing B, and we decided to lock ourselves in my room for the night, cat included. Until my parents came home, it sounded as though there was a party going on in the living room, despite the TV being off. We kept hearing people laughing and talking, but in that way where you hear the voices, but can't quite make out the words. The stomping around started up again, and the sounds of things falling to the floor came back periodically.

Thing is, we were in a quiet neighborhood. There were no parties going on anywhere around us, and there was no one in the house. When my parents got home, Mom poked her head in the bedroom to wish us good night, and that's when the noises just stopped.

In the end, my sister did tell Mom what happened, and despite my fears of how she would react, she was very cool about it. She actually thought it highly responsible of me to call the police, and she did not dismiss us as having overactive imaginations. Though the house we were living in had always had some degree of unexplained activity, it had never been so fierce as it was that night, and never would be again.

I'm sure it's not the freakiest story posted here, but to this day, my sister and I still puzzle over what happened that night, and I'm 34 and she just turned 27.

That was an awesome story and thanks for sharing. You handled that so well, at such a young age. You must have been horrified. Thats just shocking, and some sort of attack of your home by something, and glad it never happened again..JN