Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Contest 3: Freakiest Ghost Experience

Kar-zid

Wow, I'm really glad that's all over JN. You must have been really scared! I know I would've been. How long did the cross burn stay on your head?

Hi KZ, Im glad too, thank God. The cross can still be seen if I dont put make up on, but I am fair skinned and it is still darker in color. My DIL is the only person who noticed it so far..JN :cry:

Maybe it's there to remind you of what happened, and so you never forget they were there... Maybe... :unsure2:

That was an awesome story and thanks for sharing. You handled that so well, at such a young age. You must have been horrified. Thats just shocking, and some sort of attack of your home by something, and glad it never happened again..JN

Thank you. I think fear of Mom overran fear of unknown in that case. It was a very scary night!

Wow, that must have been scary! It reminds me a little of something that happened to me when I was home alone, but it was only single incident and did not continue, and it was much, much less fierce! :blink:

It was terrifying! In retrospect, fear of Mom kept me from really losing it, but I was probably more scared afterward.

My story isn't much competition to some of these (after I post mine I'll definitely have to go through and comment on some!), but I've told it a few times on here already--I just love telling it. I posted it a long time ago, a few years ago, to get the opinions of people and the best explanation for it was a grocery bag in the field, but it didn't explain what happened in the house.

Several years ago, possibly in 2002 (twelve at the time), I was staying the night with my dad and brother (nine). John, my brother, had invited our cousin Coba (eight) to come over, mostly because it can get very boring without any company in the rural country.

That night, around ten, the lot of us were in the garage. I was upstairs watching TV, and the boys were downstairs playing pool. I was getting tired, so I decided to go out to the house and get ready for bed. I said bye, night, and what have you, and headed down the drive way. It's hardly a long walk at all, if you sprinted you could make it to the front door in a few seconds. The driveway faces the field, where we've kept my horse, so I wasn't looking in the direction at random. As I neared the house (and the field), I happened to look over the knoll, where I saw what looked like a woman. She was gray in appearance, what you would consider old flesh to look like, with what appeared to be transparent holes throughout her body. She was physically whole, she was not transparent, but there were parts of her that were black, that looked like they had either fallen off of her or were just not there to begin with. What I assumed were her eyes were also black, and her hair was extremely matted and tangled, it fell around her face and framed it. I imagine it would have been shoulder length, if I had seen the rest of her body.

I didn't feel scared, a little surprised, sure that it was my eyes playing tricks on me, so just looked away and shrugged. As I continued through the front door of the house (into what we called the "pink room") I looked through the kitchen door to see the exact same figure looking up at me--only this time, it was from the floor. I saw the head of the woman looking up from the laundryroom floor, and that's when I got scared. I booked it back to the garage, I swear half crying, and told my dad that I saw something in the house. He grabbed his gun (like any good Kentuckian would do) and came out to the house. He looked around inside, confirmed there was nothing there, and though I was scared shtless, I stayed inside the house anyway. :mellow: I did, though, turn on every light and then go to sleep without changing. :lol:

Ever since then I never felt comfortable in the house, and it wasn't long (a few months at best) after that that the house burned down. Investigators found the area that it was started in, but never determined what it was that started it.

Ew. That is weird. I think that actually seeing something is scarier than hearing it...especially when it doesn't vanish out of the corner of your eye before you can assess it.

Ew. That is weird. I think that actually seeing something is scarier than hearing it...especially when it doesn't vanish out of the corner of your eye before you can assess it.

You got that right. ^_^

i'm going to throw in my experiences here. but i'm just gonna copy and paste it from another thread i posted it in, because, well... i'm lazy :D

I have seen one on my ship. It was the last time I was in the Persian Gulf, and I was on one of my storerooms near the very bottom of the ship (I am on an aircraft carrier), and I looked up, and through the shelves, I could see a “person” wearing a pair of navy issue coveralls (like what I was wearing), as well as “his” hand. It turned and walked behind another shelf and was gone. I went up to the front of the storeroom and no one was there. And they couldn’t have left the storeroom without me hearing as the metal stairs (the only way out) are loose and make a lot of noise when someone is on them.

There have been several other times on my ship that I’ve heard someone say my name, but it was always my 1st name (we only go by last names), and it is always a woman’s voice. In fact, it happened the other day while I was alone in my office. I heard a woman’s voice whisper in my ear “Erik”. Creeped me right the *uck out! I have also heard a woman scream my first name from within a locked storeroom. It was an angry scream, and from somewhere where they couldn’t possibly know that I was there.

**note**i heard another "whisper" 2 nights back, once again, in my office while i was alone

And in all of our lower storerooms, there is the constant feeling of being watched while you’re alone, and they have an air of hostility around them. We had a chief that wouldn’t go into one of the storerooms unless one of us accompanied her.

ive got one =D when i was about 11 i had just came back from south of france a few days ago and the uk weather didnt seem to appealing to the weather and beaches of france. it was gettin late one night and i rememberi had to help my grandad paint his garden fences the next morn so i decided to hit the sack. i distincley remember it being extremley hot in my room for some reason as if i was literally in a bath of boiling water and i couldnt get to sleep i was really uncomfartable so i decided to sleep without the covers, about 5 mins l8er i heard heavy breathing to the right of me and i looked up to see a man in a suit just starin at me with no emotion at all in his face when i seen him i heard like a sharp screech as if it was my shock comin out in a sound ( its hard to explain) i stared at him for a couple of seconds and he smiled but it wasnt normal his eyes shown no expression of a happy face and his smile was immense it seemed to strecth from ear to ear, there was something so horrible about it i immediatley grabbed my covers and wrapped them round me and begun to cry, as soon as i had the covers wrapped around me it sounded like a storm was going on in my room so i took a quick glance out and as soon i did the noises stopped and the guy was still smiling i started to ask my guardian angel ( i was 11 hehe) to help me i was literally crying my eays out to the point that the covers were gettin wet i then seen the guy literally start to fade away but as he did his face changed into something resemebling a gargoyle and he said something as he faded in an accent ive never heard before, it honestly sounded like ' you havent beat me'' i thought i seen the same man in the mirror a couple if times afterwards and once i swore i seen him watching me from across the street then one day it just literally stopped... i was so confused but thankful at the same time, ive told my mum and dad and they said theve never seen anything like it before it seriosly scared me half to death but im glad it was over when it was

Edited by red-star

Wow, you're experience just keeps getting weirder. There doesn't seem to be any way that fire started, but it did. And it being in the room where your great aunt died is creepy. I have no idea why your great aunt would want the house burnt down though. Also, this gray lady you speak of, do all your family see it?

My dad said he'd left the dryer on when he left, and that was immediately thought to be the source of the fire, but the laundry room is on the other side of the house. I believed it was the dryer for a long time, because I have very little connection with my dad's side of the family, I only learned that the fire started on the east end when my brother told me about a month or so ago. I think that's the weirdest part about it, that there were so many things going on in the house at the time that could have caused it, but the firefighters were positive that it wasn't started in those areas. They claimed it started in the exact same vicinity that she died, against the wall where her bed was.

I don't know anything about my great aunt, but for some reason I keep thinking that she wasn't happy with the separation. She, or someone else. It is a very old house (and in fact, it was a general store/saloon at one time) and I know very little about it's history...

The "gray lady", as my brother put it, is a figure that everyone in my family is supposed to see--according to my uncle. And, as far as I know, everyone has seen her, but they only see her once. My brother and I compared stories a few weeks ago, and the similarities are striking. We both saw her in the bedroom (the only bedroom in the house), in the corner by the hutch and the closet. We both described her as wearing a white dress, similar to a wedding dress, with a lot of lace and floral patterns. She had short and curly blonde hair, a very pretty face, fair skin, and she was also quite tall. She was also cupping her hands, at the time I saw her, I don't recall what John said about her when he saw her.

My family doesn't talk about their experiences much, but we really get going when we get started. :lol: From everyone that lived in the house, I've only talked to a few (some of them were just friends of the family, so I've never actually met them. Sometimes up to eleven people would be living in the house--but that was before I was born). One of my teachers at school, a close friend, had a husband that lived in the house, and she would come over quite frequently to party with my parents. She said she'd seen some things, and it always felt really weird to her--and she wasn't even a part of the family.

I mean, the activity in the house was way more than frequent. If something didn't happen on a daily basis, then that was strange. But it was "normal" paranormal activity, I suppose. Objects would move, things would disappear (and that happened way too much). My aunt told me about when she was little (she's in her 30s now, and this probably happened in her teens, when she was living in the home with my mom and dad), she was helping my mom shuck corn. They laid out twelve ears on a platter on the kitchen counter for supper, and when mom came back to make it up it was gone. My mom and Cathy asked the boys, Timmy and Jeff, if they had done anything with it, and they claimed not to have. (Of course, if they had, they'd have been beaten to death--so I suspect that, no, they didn't take them). They never found the corn, rofl. Cathy was really excited to tell me about it when I asked her at a family reunion. I asked my mom, and she confirmed it, as did my other aunt there at the time.

It was a fun place to be when I was a kid, because of all the nonsense that would happen. (Irrelevant to paranormal activity, I lost a massive iguana in the house for two weeks. The size of the iguana and the size of the house... it would have been impossible NOT to have found him in an hour. But we lost him! We found him in a stack of clothes. We were so happy he wasn't dead, lol. Stuffed him full of worms and bananas, and he was a happy lizard again.)

And somehow I toooootally got off topic. :mellow:

How in the world did that happen. You can ignore all of that if you want. :lol:

You can totally tell me to ****. xD

I vividly remember the night the second exorcism of my home was performed. It was the most bizarre, intense, emotional and frightening experience of my entire life, including the haunting itself...

I don't know what to say, other thank goodness it's over. *Hug* If you weren't a judge I'd totally say that deserved to be a top-placing story. I can't imagine what that was like, that feeling. I don't think I can adequately imagine the feeling of doom to that level, like you and Shank have been through. Sometimes I think I would like to experience something like that, but it's stories like these, that I hear from real people, that make me think otherwise. You're very lucky to still be in your right mind about things after something like that--and lucky to have experienced such a powerful moment, too.

I was really scared the first time I saw it, head on. I think that just getting a glimpse, or just having that feeling that something is there is worse than knowing for sure. Because you know for a fact something is there. Like... you're walking through the woods and you see a bear. You know there is a bear, rofl. But, if you just hear something, if you just catch a glimpse of it's fur, it could be anything--and more than likely, not knowing what it is is going to scare you more than if you did know. XD At least, that is the way it works for me.

i'm going to throw in my experiences here. but i'm just gonna copy and paste it from another thread i posted it in, because, well... i'm lazy :D

I have seen one on my ship. It was the last time I was in the Persian Gulf, and I was on one of my storerooms near the very bottom of the ship (I am on an aircraft carrier), and I looked up, and through the shelves, I could see a "person" wearing a pair of navy issue coveralls (like what I was wearing), as well as "his" hand. It turned and walked behind another shelf and was gone. I went up to the front of the storeroom and no one was there. And they couldn't have left the storeroom without me hearing as the metal stairs (the only way out) are loose and make a lot of noise when someone is on them.

There have been several other times on my ship that I've heard someone say my name, but it was always my 1st name (we only go by last names), and it is always a woman's voice. In fact, it happened the other day while I was alone in my office. I heard a woman's voice whisper in my ear "Erik". Creeped me right the *uck out! I have also heard a woman scream my first name from within a locked storeroom. It was an angry scream, and from somewhere where they couldn't possibly know that I was there.

**note**i heard another "whisper" 2 nights back, once again, in my office while i was alone

And in all of our lower storerooms, there is the constant feeling of being watched while you're alone, and they have an air of hostility around them. We had a chief that wouldn't go into one of the storerooms unless one of us accompanied her.

Thats pretty wild, and thank you SO much for serving your country and people!! Seems that woman is around "you", so I guess its possible she is either a loved one from the past, or a guardian angel, however I dont think one would scream for you unless it was a warning of sorts, but sounds like she will be around for the long haul. Cool story, but creepy at the same time. JN :tu:

QUOTE (JustNormal @ Jul 27 2008, 01:42 AM) linked-imageI vividly remember the night the second exorcism of my home was performed. It was the most bizarre, intense, emotional and frightening experience of my entire life, including the haunting itself...

I don't know what to say, other thank goodness it's over. *Hug* If you weren't a judge I'd totally say that deserved to be a top-placing story. I can't imagine what that was like, that feeling. I don't think I can adequately imagine the feeling of doom to that level, like you and Shank have been through. Sometimes I think I would like to experience something like that, but it's stories like these, that I hear from real people, that make me think otherwise. You're very lucky to still be in your right mind about things after something like that--and lucky to have experienced such a powerful moment, too.

AWW Thank you. I dont think anyone can truly explain, or relate to it, unless you have been there, and by the grace of God you have not, nor would you EVER want to, as its 24/7 of sheer total fear. Not sure how sane I am, but yes did get through it LOL..I dont consider myself lucky, but just realized how strong I truly am, and if I can get thru that, I can get thru anything that this life sends my way. JN :yes:

ive got one =D when i was about 11 i had just came back from south of france a few days ago and the uk weather didnt seem to appealing to the weather and beaches of france. it was gettin late one night and i rememberi had to help my grandad paint his garden fences the next morn so i decided to hit the sack. i distincley remember it being extremley hot in my room for some reason as if i was literally in a bath of boiling water and i couldnt get to sleep i was really uncomfartable so i decided to sleep without the covers, about 5 mins l8er i heard heavy breathing to the right of me and i looked up to see a man in a suit just starin at me with no emotion at all in his face when i seen him i had like a sharp screech as if it was my shock comin out in a soud ( its hard to explain) i stared at him for a couple of seconds and he smiled but it wasnt normal his eyes shown no expression of a happy face and his smile was immense it seemed to strecth from ear to ear, there was something so horrible about it i immediatley grabbed my covers and wrapped them round me and begun to cry, as soon as i had the covers wrapped around me it sounded like a storm was going on in my room so i took a quick glance out and as soon i did the noises stopped and the guy was still smiling i started to ask my guardian angel ( i was 11 hehe) to help me i was literally crying my eays out to the point that the covers were gettin wet i then seen the guy literally start to fade away but as he did his face changed into something resemebling a gargoyle and he said something as he faded in an accent ive never heard before, it honestly sounded like ' you havent beat me'' i thought i seen the same man in the mirror a couple if times afterwards and once i swore i seen him watching me from across the street then one day it just literally stopped... i was so confused but thankful at the same time, ive told my mum and dad and they said theve never seen anything like it before it seriosly scared me half to death but im glad it was over when it was

That DOES sound scary omg. I am also pleased whatever it was, never came back for an encore after that sighting. Thanks for sharing..JN

These stories are all super weird and scary. Thanks for taking the time to write them down for us.

OK, I feel compelled to share...

I swore my sister to secrecy on the matter fearing B, and we decided to lock ourselves in my room for the night, cat included. Until my parents came home, it sounded as though there was a party going on in the living room, despite the TV being off. We kept hearing people laughing and talking, but in that way where you hear the voices, but can't quite make out the words.

Marby, I have experienced this quite a bit, just this week as a matter of fact. Lately I've been experiencing this w/o being in an astral state ... just walking or sitting during the day.

This was in one of my first posts:

I'd ALWAYS hear a party in the living room. I could hear the low music, I'd hear people talking and laughing. I'd hear the tinkle of glasses and ice. It reminds me of the scene in the Titanic during in the ballroom. But Titanic hadn't come out then so I didn't have that reference.

Edited by ennui

Those aren't lame, they're pretty cool. I've had only small experiences too, though one lasted a whole night and into the next morning.

Compared to some peoples' experiences... x3

I do wonder whether it was a ghost or just something messing up on our TV with the second one tho o_o

These stories are all super weird and scary. Thanks for taking the time to write them down for us.

Marby, I have experienced this quite a bit, just this week as a matter of fact. Lately I've been experiencing this w/o being in an astral state ... just walking or sitting during the day.

I'd ALWAYS hear a party in the living room. I could hear the low music, I'd hear people talking and laughing. I'd hear the tinkle of glasses and ice. It reminds me of the scene in the Titanic during in the ballroom. But Titanic hadn't come out then so I didn't have that reference.

Isn't it the weirdest thing? This was the freakiest thing that's probably ever happened to me, but in that house, as well as another house I lived in after that, the party would start right after the lights went out and the living went to bed. I know exactly what you mean, though about the Titanic type of scene. I could never figure out what sort of music it was either because it was so low in the second house.

And I know it's not just us, ennui. My aunt used to get this in her house a lot too. She even got some EVP of it ages ago that I wonder if she kept.

I was really scared the first time I saw it, head on. I think that just getting a glimpse, or just having that feeling that something is there is worse than knowing for sure. Because you know for a fact something is there. Like... you're walking through the woods and you see a bear. You know there is a bear, rofl. But, if you just hear something, if you just catch a glimpse of it's fur, it could be anything--and more than likely, not knowing what it is is going to scare you more than if you did know. XD At least, that is the way it works for me.

I know where you are coming from, though I am pretty sure that if I had seen what you saw, I would run straight into the bathroom to change my underwear! But then, I don't think that when things like this happen, we really have the time to concentrate on the fear. All the stories on here are spooky in their own right and in retrospect, I bet it was all even scarier after the fact. When you are in the moment, you have no choice but to get on with it.

What's new in your home over the past week or so Ennui? JN :unsure:

I vividly remember the night the second exorcism of my home was performed. It was the most bizarre, intense, emotional and frightening experience of my entire life, including the haunting itself. Once the house was finally blessed and was I, we all had to leave at the same exact tme, closing up my home to let the blessing rid my home of the evil that had lingered for so long. I walked out with the Demonologist and his team. It began to thunder and lightening VERY hard. I dont mind storms, but I have a deep respect and fear of lightening. It was pouring rain, the lightening was striking the ground around us, yet for some reason I felt safe. We all hugged, laughed and cried, it was extremely emotional. The team wanted to follow me to the Hotel to make sure I was okay, but I reassured them I was, plus I had to stop at the store, as I had fasted and was starving, and wanted a coffee. The storm became more intense as I pulled out of my driveway, and even with the team behind me, something didnt feel right, and I didnt feel quite right either. The rain was coming down so hard my wipers could not keep up with it, and the lightening seemed to be coming into my SUV and all around me. It seemed to take me hours to get to the nearest 7/11, but it only took 10 mins or less. I jumped out and ran in the store. I sort of stood there watching people wondering how they could feel so normal and I didnt. Everyone was joking with one another and I was shaking like a leaf, plus wet and cold. I waited inside for the storm to let up and took forever as I stood in the door, horrified. I finally decided to make a run for it, so went to my truck jumped in, and started it up. I drank some coffee and looked to back up, and the lightening started again, only brighter, quicker and closer, and the thunder was deafening. I had to get to that hotel alive, is what I remember thinking. As I drove up the hill I turned on my radio but I could hear something in the back seat breathing, and sighing, right behind my head. My foot was shaking so hard, I couldnt keep the accellerator going at the same speed, and there were flash floods, and my brakes were wet. I finally saw the sign to the Hotel, as people passed me driving SO fast, I was in the slow lane, just trying to steer and get to that hotel. I finally made it into the parking lot, and how I dont even know. I shut off the truck, put the seat back and gave a massive sigh of relief. Next thing the dome lights went on, which cannot happen when the truck is off. Then all the lights on the dashboard lit up, incuding check engine, oil, gas etc..All the lights began to flicker so fast, I felt like someone smashed the back of my head with a sledge hammer. The feeling was heavy, depressing, and a strong feeling of doom and death. The lights continued to flicker constantly, and I couldnt open the door to get out. My heart raced, I was stuck in my SUV and it was in park and shut off. I remembered a prayer I was taught and I screamed it out loud..Next thing, lights stopped, lightening stopped, as did the rain. It felt so different and so did I. Beaten, battered and scared to death, I made it inside and into my room. I went to wash up and noticed where I was blessed on my forehead, the cross was burned into my skin and actually hurt. I knew then what had haunted me and my house, and I knew it was gone and it was finally over. That was the end..JN
Wow, that was a scary story but is it really a ghost story? It's more of a demonic presence story really. If it does count, it's the scariest so far. Mine isn't very freaky, I have told it before. We had a dog that would walk through the house, check us all out then go out through the stove into the garage. My sister said it was a black wolf dog. We did not own such an animal. We would hear the doorknob wiggle to the basement. And steps coming up the stairs. These were said to be the previos owner who's picture was in the attic. And the dog was said to protect the family from the owner. It was speculated he meet his death in the basement. I have blocked all images of the dog from my mind. I just heard the stories this was when I was under like 10 years of age, I remember hearing the stories since I was just like three or four. Oh, there used to be a door where the stove was out to the garage. My dad would take me into the basement to scare me.

They had several scary experiences in various houses. Once my sister said she seen a girl who was form the prairie days sit up out of my body in one house when I was sleeping. In that house the prevoius owner had died, and a friend of mine that was sensitve saw something on the property, I think she seen a typical white aperation. There was supposedly an evil presence up in the attic of the barn outside and we were warned to stay out of there. This was from another friend who went through the house. We had two fires there as we were trying to move in.

There was another house that they lived in, my parents and brother, where things were seen levetating, a coffee carafe. I can't remember anything else right now ghostly. I don't know what I beleive regarding ghosts, I beleive we sleep until reserection time after we die, so I don't know what the explanation is for these experiences. I don't know if enjoying is the right word for what I feel for these stories because like JN story is pretty horific, but keep them coming. GB JN

Edited by justdewit38

Wow, that was a scary story but is it really a ghost story? It's more of a demonic presence story really. If it does count, it's the scariest so far. Mine isn't very freaky, I have told it before. We had a dog that would walk through the house, check us all out then go out through the stove into the garage. My sister said it was a black wolf dog. We did not own such an animal. We would hear the doorknob wiggle to the basement. And steps coming up the stairs. These were said to be the previos owner who's picture was in the attic. And the dog was said to protect the family from the owner. It was speculated he meet his death in the basement. I have blocked all images of the dog from my mind. I just heard the stories this was when I was under like 10 years of age, I remember hearing the stories since I was just like three or four. Oh, there used to be a door where the stove was out to the garage. My dad would take me into the basement to scare me.

They had several scary experiences in various houses. Once my sister said she seen a girl who was form the prairie days sit up out of my body in one house when I was sleeping. In that house the prevoius owner had died, and a friend of mine that was sensitve saw something on the property, I think she seen a typical white aperation. There was supposedly an evil presence up in the attic of the barn outside and we were warned to stay out of there. This was from another friend who went through the house. We had two fires there as we were trying to move in.

There was another house that they lived in, my parents and brother, where things were seen levetating, a coffee carafe. I can't remember anything else right now ghostly. I don't know what I beleive regarding ghosts, I beleive we sleep until reserection time after we die, so I don't know what the explanation is for these experiences. I don't know if enjoying is the right word for what I feel for these stories because like JN story is pretty horific, but keep them coming. GB JN

Thanks JDwit and yes it was Demonic. I just wrote it to keep things going, but as I did, it all seemed so surreal, and reliving it, was difficult. In any case I think I remember the dog you spoke of before. Did you ever see it, and was her scary? That would freak me out lol..I have seen a few things levitate and dont care to see that again..<Shuddering> You lived in some skeery places and thank you for sharing..JN :tu:

Trying to figure out which experiance was the most terrifing after 55+ years seemed difficult until my eldest daughter reminded me of the job I had when I finally retired.

This story is true. The murderer and victim are still being researched. That there was a brutal murder in this town in 1906 been confirmed.

As part of the management team for our companies new resturant I was recquired to assist in the stores final set up prior to the opening. As with everyone else I had scheduled days where I worked at the new store cleaning and setting up the new equipment. One morning I was scheduled to be there at 7am and had planned to work in the dishwasher room cleaning plates, utensils, etc. I had, from the first day, felt a closed in feeling in that room, even though it was more than 3 times the size of the dishwasher room in the old store. It was an uncomfortable feeling as if someone was holding me around my middle, making it difficult to breath. I was able to throw the feeling off and continued to wash the dishes, placing them on carts to be sent to the front. When finally got around to washing the knives however things began to happen that were beyond my control.

The knives were state of the art, stainless steel and ceramic blades and extremely sharp. After cleaning them I placed them in a secured drawered box and snapped the lid shut, the lock made a distinctive noise that anyone in the immediate area would have heard. As I finished I heard a loud knock at the back receiving door, being the only one in the area I went to the door and looked through the peep hole, we were not to let anyone in except employees. I could not see anyone and turned back to my duties, a moment later the knock came again. After the fourth time I opened the door slowly, I had a clear view of the back parking lot, there was never anyone there. The knocking continued over the next ten minutes until I finally opened the door and said in a firm voice, "Whoever you are go away, I have work to do and don't need the interuptions." I thought that was the end of it as nothing further happened that day.

After my scheduled 2 days off, the manager told me that two of the newer employees had quit, the manager wouldn't say why. I learned later one of the employees had been cut by a butcher knife that had been left on the table in the dish room. As the place wasn't open and I knew the knives should still be in the box, I couldn't figure out why anyone would need to be using the knives at all. I soon found out that the knives had a mind of their own. That day I had to take some items back to the dish room for temp storage. In the middle of the room were two metal tables for placing clean dishes on , at the time there was only pie pans and dessert cups on them. When I came out of the staorage area I failed at first, to note three 4" blade butcher knives on the table, their blades hanging over the table edge. At the last minute I looked up and saw the knives, had I continued on one or more of the blades would have cut into my belly.

For some reason I found myself admonishing an unknown spirit, "Knock it off fella'. You've already hurt one person, we don't need any more accidents." Suddenly the oppresive feeling returned and I felt as if someone wanted not only me gone, but everyone else. That the entity was manevolent was obvious, however I could not see my bosses closing a multi-million dollar store because I had bad feelings about the place. Unfortunenately for all of us things had just started to erupt.

Several employees and even our DM heard the knocking at the back door. We had a pick-up window for our customers convienance, it had a bell they could ring to let us know they were there. Even though the bell did not have the batteries installed, the bell began to ring on its own. After several months of replacing batteries that died after a few weeks, management decided to remove the bell entirely. I was charged with taking it apart and boxing it up to be returned to the manufacture as "DEFFECTIVE" merchandise. Even in pieces and in the box, the bell continued to ring.

After the bell and knife incidents the entity moved to the dining area. There "he" grew bolder and a second entity made "herself" known. Murderer and victim began to replay their last scene together. Those of who sensitive or psychic; and there were about 5 of us originally; had to keep working despite the fact we were able to see or feel the actions of both spirits. Surprisingly the spirits did not make themselves known every day, however about the time of year when we celebrated our becoming a territory, the activity would increase, by the time of year we celebrated statehood the activty died off.

One incident did happen which no one, even today, will ever talk about again. My eldest daughter had started working the morning shift. One day it was just my daughter and the Asst Manager in the store, both were in the kitchen preping for the days business. About 10am, they stopped for a break. Approximately 10:08am (my daughter checked her watch afterward) a blood curtling scream came from the main dining room. It was followed by what my daughter later described as a gurgerling sound, and what sounded as if paint was being dropped on the floor.

Because of poor workmanship we later had to replace themain entrance doors, for some reason the murderer, who by then had once again moved outside, was unable to re-enter the resturant after the new doors were in place. My eldest daughter told me that she felt he was actually afraid of her and that was why she believed he could not re-enter. Our female victim, who had retreated to our banquet/party room, finally began to roam the store, no longer afraid to be tormemnted by her killer. She is still there, a relaxed and "happy" spirit who on occasion plays small practical jokes on the staff, especially the new hires.

Unfortunenately though it was not the end of her killer. No longer able to get to his victim he gravitated to a fast food store across the street from the resturant. Here he began to attack the employees causing minor injuries that could not be explained as "accidents". As my youngest daughter worked here I began to hear of the accidents. My daughter, also being sensitive, knew what was happening, and as with me was unsure of what to tell her manager, that is until one day, the spirit attacked her in front of several employees and her Shift Supervisor. When she arrived home earlier than normal I was concerned, it was then I noted red marks around her throat and that she was shaken and pale. I was able to get her to sit down, but it took some time to calm her. She said she had been bringing supplies to the front for end of shift stocking when something grabbed her by her hair and yanked her head back hard enough to cause her to drop the supplies, at the same instant she heard an angry male voice call her by her name then said "This time you won't lie to anyone anymore." The entity then grabbed her by her throat and she felt a burning sensation across her throat as if her throat had been cut into by a knife.

The murderer and victim are seperated, however the killer still wants revenge upon any woman who bears the first name as my youngest daughter. Despite this she will continue to work where she has for more than ten years. She has told me she cannot allow the monster to take control of her, or for that matter the folks she works with who are her second family. Whether this has placated the killer has yet to be known. I can feel him hiding in the back rooms of the store where family and friends work and eat. We are a small community, whether or not anyone who is a customer knows about the force that now occupies this place is also unknown. I have yet to talk to anyone who may expect the haunting. As for my daughters, the one smiles and says good morning to the lady who she now calls by a first name. My youngest is on guard, as am I. I also wonder what it would take for the killer to return to the place where he butchered a lady because he thought she had lied to him.

I have seen one on my ship. It was the last time I was in the Persian Gulf, and I was on one of my storerooms near the very bottom of the ship (I am on an aircraft carrier), and I looked up, and through the shelves, I could see a “person” wearing a pair of navy issue coveralls (like what I was wearing), as well as “his” hand. It turned and walked behind another shelf and was gone. I went up to the front of the storeroom and no one was there. And they couldn’t have left the storeroom without me hearing as the metal stairs (the only way out) are loose and make a lot of noise when someone is on them.

There have been several other times on my ship that I’ve heard someone say my name, but it was always my 1st name (we only go by last names), and it is always a woman’s voice. In fact, it happened the other day while I was alone in my office. I heard a woman’s voice whisper in my ear “Erik”. Creeped me right the *uck out! I have also heard a woman scream my first name from within a locked storeroom. It was an angry scream, and from somewhere where they couldn’t possibly know that I was there.

And in all of our lower storerooms, there is the constant feeling of being watched while you’re alone, and they have an air of hostility around them. We had a chief that wouldn’t go into one of the storerooms unless one of us accompanied her.

Awesome experiences. That scream would have been chilling! And the whispers are really weird...

ive got one =D when i was about 11 i had just came back from south of france a few days ago and the uk weather didnt seem to appealing to the weather and beaches of france. it was gettin late one night and i rememberi had to help my grandad paint his garden fences the next morn so i decided to hit the sack. i distincley remember it being extremley hot in my room for some reason as if i was literally in a bath of boiling water and i couldnt get to sleep i was really uncomfartable so i decided to sleep without the covers, about 5 mins l8er i heard heavy breathing to the right of me and i looked up to see a man in a suit just starin at me with no emotion at all in his face when i seen him i had like a sharp screech as if it was my shock comin out in a sound ( its hard to explain) i stared at him for a couple of seconds and he smiled but it wasnt normal his eyes shown no expression of a happy face and his smile was immense it seemed to strecth from ear to ear, there was something so horrible about it i immediatley grabbed my covers and wrapped them round me and begun to cry, as soon as i had the covers wrapped around me it sounded like a storm was going on in my room so i took a quick glance out and as soon i did the noises stopped and the guy was still smiling i started to ask my guardian angel ( i was 11 hehe) to help me i was literally crying my eays out to the point that the covers were gettin wet i then seen the guy literally start to fade away but as he did his face changed into something resemebling a gargoyle and he said something as he faded in an accent ive never heard before, it honestly sounded like ' you havent beat me'' i thought i seen the same man in the mirror a couple if times afterwards and once i swore i seen him watching me from across the street then one day it just literally stopped... i was so confused but thankful at the same time, ive told my mum and dad and they said theve never seen anything like it before it seriosly scared me half to death but im glad it was over when it was

Wow, that man sounds scary! Maybe he's still watching you, and maybe, just maybe, he's waiting for the right time to appear again. But I hope he doesn't if he scared you that bad! ^_^

My dad said he'd left the dryer on when he left, and that was immediately thought to be the source of the fire, but the laundry room is on the other side of the house. I believed it was the dryer for a long time, because I have very little connection with my dad's side of the family, I only learned that the fire started on the east end when my brother told me about a month or so ago. I think that's the weirdest part about it, that there were so many things going on in the house at the time that could have caused it, but the firefighters were positive that it wasn't started in those areas. They claimed it started in the exact same vicinity that she died, against the wall where her bed was.

Cause your post was so massive, I just out that little bit in the quote, but it counts for the whole post! It's very weird that there were so many things that could have caused the fire, but none of them did... It seems your family attracts entities, and your house was a paranormal hotspot. ^_^

QUOTE (JustNormal @ Jul 27 2008, 01:42 AM) linked-imageI vividly remember the night the second exorcism of my home was performed. It was the most bizarre, intense, emotional and frightening experience of my entire life, including the haunting itself...

AWW Thank you. I dont think anyone can truly explain, or relate to it, unless you have been there, and by the grace of God you have not, nor would you EVER want to, as its 24/7 of sheer total fear. Not sure how sane I am, but yes did get through it LOL..I dont consider myself lucky, but just realized how strong I truly am, and if I can get thru that, I can get thru anything that this life sends my way. JN :yes:

And we're all glad you did get through it! :yes::yes::yes:

Odd, can you tell us of these happenings?

JN's story is definitely scary, and I reckon if she weren't a judge it would win hands down. At least so far. But the other stories on here are still really freaky and awesome! Keep 'em comin people! ^_^ Now your experiences... Very odd... The dog sounds a little like Black Shuck, but if it was just the previous owners dog's ghost then I guess Black Shuck wasn't what it was. Also the girl sitting up from your body is very weird... I have no idea why that would happen, and I don't think I've heard many experiences of that kind...