Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Contest 3: Freakiest Ghost Experience

Kar-zid

Trying to figure out which experiance was the most terrifing after 55+ years seemed difficult until my eldest daughter reminded me of the job I had when I finally retired.

This story is true. The murderer and victim are still being researched. That there was a brutal murder in this town in 1906 been confirmed.

As part of the management team for our companies new resturant I was recquired to assist in the stores final set up prior to the opening. As with everyone else I had scheduled days where I worked at the new store cleaning and setting up the new equipment. One morning I was scheduled to be there at 7am and had planned to work in the dishwasher room cleaning plates, utensils, etc. I had, from the first day, felt a closed in feeling in that room, even though it was more than 3 times the size of the dishwasher room in the old store. It was an uncomfortable feeling as if someone was holding me around my middle, making it difficult to breath. I was able to throw the feeling off and continued to wash the dishes, placing them on carts to be sent to the front. When finally got around to washing the knives however things began to happen that were beyond my control.

Wow, that experience was amazing... That spirit seems very violent and angry, and he also sounds very dangerous. I hope your daughter did not get seriously hurt, and I hope the spirit leaves her alone. ^_^ The other spirit is strange as well. Ghosts seem to usually have a purpose of still being here, but she doesn't seem to have any purpose. Her killer is gone, yet she still remains...

Wow, that man sounds scary! Maybe he's still watching you, and maybe, just maybe, he's waiting for the right time to appear again. But I hope he doesn't if he scared you that bad! ^_^

ive got to say it was the most terrifying experience of my life, its the most unpleasent paranormal encounter ive ever had

what does the winner get? Won't share mine til i know.

Here goes mine, wasnt the scariest, but it freaked me out abit AND it happened this past Friday.

ANyways, being in South Africa, particularly Cape Town, most of the smaller villages along the coast are fishing villages with very small towns

and low population. Anyways my girlfriends mom hooked up a guest house for us to stay in for the night.

the place was really nice, modern and nothing creepy about it at all.

so at about 10pm we headed down to the local hotel for something to eat (my mom told me about the hotel before we

went, apparently back in the day this hotel was fabulous and she and her friends spent some time there back when they were young.) we ordered our food and my girlfriend and I decided to walk around to waste time. We walked through the passages which lead to the rooms and although we could see the rooms were not occupied, it still felt like something was there.

When we headed back to the resturant side of the hotel, I stopped my girlfriend and we both turned around to the passage and i told her that something wasnt right, i could see something down the passage.

We got into a conversation with a waitress and she told us that in 2006 a young girl was blugeoned* to death buy her boyfriend with a champaign bottle and stuffed in the cuboard. And the guests were complaining of wierd happenings.

Nonetheless our food was ready and we headed for the car. When we got there I couldnt find they car keys and we looked in the resturant where we had been waiting for the food and found nothing. Nothing in the parking lot and anywhere. I decided to trace my steps back to the rooms, I found my keys lying in front of one of the bedroom doors

and YUP you guessed it, it was the room where the girl was murdered.

picked them up and I ran the **** out of there. too much coinsidence for my liking... bongs away!

Wow, that experience was amazing... That spirit seems very violent and angry, and he also sounds very dangerous. I hope your daughter did not get seriously hurt, and I hope the spirit leaves her alone. ^_^ The other spirit is strange as well. Ghosts seem to usually have a purpose of still being here, but she doesn't seem to have any purpose. Her killer is gone, yet she still remains...

Nothing to add other than I agree wholeheartedly.

Oh, and Vicious Accomplice, just a shout out to Capetown. My husband was born there and we have all sorts of extended family there. And ... I would have gotten out of there fast too! That is pretty freaky, especially given the violent nature of that girl's death.

Edited by Marby

AWW Thank you. I dont think anyone can truly explain, or relate to it, unless you have been there, and by the grace of God you have not, nor would you EVER want to, as its 24/7 of sheer total fear. Not sure how sane I am, but yes did get through it LOL..I dont consider myself lucky, but just realized how strong I truly am, and if I can get thru that, I can get thru anything that this life sends my way. JN :yes:

I don't even know how I would react in that situation... I've heard so many different stories about aggressive entities (whether it was inhuman, demonic, or just an angry ghostie with a temper), and never actually experienced activity like that, that it would be hard for me to fathom an event of that scale without having been a part of it. Though, very few people get to experience something like that, and, imo, if it leaves you with something good--one of those things definitely has to be bragging rights. You should get some sort of T-shirt that says, "I lived through a haunting and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!"

What, I think, I don't truly understand is how people live in total fear for such an extended amount of time. What goes through your mind during that time? How long do you go through living that way before you do something about it? I don't really know. Did this happen before or after you got involved in the field of investigating the paranormal?

I know where you are coming from, though I am pretty sure that if I had seen what you saw, I would run straight into the bathroom to change my underwear! But then, I don't think that when things like this happen, we really have the time to concentrate on the fear. All the stories on here are spooky in their own right and in retrospect, I bet it was all even scarier after the fact. When you are in the moment, you have no choice but to get on with it.

I agree. :) When things happen, like that, that you're 100% positive of what you saw, you don't really know how to assess that sort of fear. But that situation is undoubtedly scarier when I recall it, and to be honest, I was sitting here around 10PM by the window with the blinds up... while I was typing, I had to close the blinds because I kept imaging the lady jumping up (despite the fact I'm on the second floor) and pressing her grotesque face against the window. :cry:

Cause your post was so massive, I just out that little bit in the quote, but it counts for the whole post! It's very weird that there were so many things that could have caused the fire, but none of them did... It seems your family attracts entities, and your house was a paranormal hotspot. ^_^

I would agree to that, but it wasn't just our house. I think it was the land, because the house we owned over the knoll also had activity, as did much of the neighborhood. (I was at the neighbors once, sitting on the porch, when a woman walked up the street. Because the community is so small, we know everyone, but we didn't know her. My brother and friend ran down the drive way shouting "hello" but she never turned around or said anything. She walked up the road to the church yard and we never saw her again.) I really miss living there, rofl, there was so much to it. I sort of wish I could go back and do my own little investigation.

Why does that matter? It sounds very rude of you to ask. :/ Like your story is too good to post without knowing what you could get out of it. This is for fun. Honestly, I think if you can't share your story without being greedy... well, I shouldn't really share what I think.

Was there even a prize mentioned?

Edited by Ebonykrow

Ebonykrow:

Exactly! There's no time to think while it's all happening. It's after the fact. I have had things happen where I'm cool as a cucumber until about ten minutes later. I don't fear ghosts or most of the unknown, but when something happens so suddenly, no matter how well you handle it, there's always that shaky little while later that can't be denied. That's when it all hits home. Of course, that's when you start thinking you wish you had a camera, or you wish you'd spoken to it, etc...

Great sportsmanship.

Really, that was quite a faux pas. ;c Greedy, selfish, overall just... wrong.

It's not so much a competition as it is somewhere you can amuse and scare others with your story.

"faux pas

noun

a socially awkward or tactless act"

What's new in your home over the past week or so Ennui? JN :unsure:

I've started making notes on my calendar about what goes on in the house since it is so easy to forget the day or details. I believe I wrote about 2 of of these already. Mr Ennui is not discussing it anymore which just makes me believe he's experiencing things again, too. I am very nervous when I'm in the home alone over night and I don't think he wants to frighten me more.

Wednesday, July 23 - That was the day I heard growling in my office, if you remember it.

Interesting you should start this thread because I've had 2 occurrances over the last week.

I was walking by my office and I heard a conversation involving several people so I turned in the door to turn off the tv but the tv wasn't on. We don't live in the suburbs and there was no one in the area that I was aware of. The windows were closed and the central air was on so I wouldn't be able to hear anything outdoors.

A few days later, I was walking by my office door and heard something growling. Having 3 dogs, this is not unusual so I turned in to tell them to settle down. But the dogs were outside, in the backyard. I have thought of every explanation in the world but there was something big growling in my room. If anyone thinks it was a varmit in the attic or walls, this sounded like a bear. btw, my dogs are over 100# that's why I wasn't initially surprised by the volume.

Thursday, July 24 - I looked up from the computer and saw the back end (waist and hind legs) of a black dog going into my bedroom and thought it was my dog, until I looked over and she was sleeping infront of the tv in my office. I'm not saying it was 1/2 of a dog, I think I just missed the front half. I didn't bother to get up since I knew it would be gone.

Friday, July 25 - I was in my bedroom, just picking up things and I could hear a radio playing in the bathroom. There is no radio in the bath and the volume was too low to recognize songs, but it was 'on'. I've written before that I'm far from a community and busy roads. I can't hear the outside anyway since the AC is on and all the windows/doors are tight. I couldn't find the sound when I went searching for it.

Friday evening - I have 2 HUGE dogs and a small poodle mutt. I was sitting on my bed, deciding whether to watch some tv or read. I was looking away from the wall and felt the little mutt trying to jump on the bed, which he does frequently. I turned to pick him up - but then I saw he was asleep by the big dogs. I was trying to ignore the spoiled brat and was shocked to see him asleep. I definately felt something pushing on my mattress about 5x.

Lol, I can be very blase about all of this until I'm alone at night. Then I sleep with all the lights on and surrounded by dogs.

Edited by ennui

Late at night, it was storming pretty bad. I was logged onto my computer in my basement trying to log into my YahooIM account, it wasn't working so i was slightly frustrated and very concentrated on it. I was in a spinning chair with arms and had my feet proped up on a wooden chair directly across from me and next to the wooden chair was another spinning chair but without arms. I had my keyboard proped onto my legs and leaned over looking at the screen, in the armless spinning chair was some cans and bottles sitting on the chair and since it was storming bad i thought the power might go out so i had a flashlight sitting on the chair standing up. The chair and the spinning one had a bit of a difference and werent touching them, neither was I. Next thing i know the flashlight gets slammed into the bottles and cans and they get scattered off the chair as one goes flying six feet across the room and lands right next to the small couch. Having not expecting this to happen, I was a bit freaked as well as the sound startled me and was quiet loud. So i took a picture and tried to focus on my computer after having that happen and being alone in the basement, i was slightly freaked out but not scared.

Oh YEAH! I'd be very freaked out while I was alone in the basement, during a thunderstorm and ghost started bowling with my cans and such.

But I reallly reallly understand what you mean by i was slightly freaked out but not scared.

. When I read some of these stories, I even think, "I couldn't stay there" but when it happens to you, it's just different. Maybe because it's our home.

Oh YEAH! I'd be very freaked out while I was alone in the basement, during a thunderstorm and ghost started bowling with my cans and such.

But I reallly reallly understand what you mean by i was slightly freaked out but not scared.

. When I read some of these stories, I even think, "I couldn't stay there" but when it happens to you, it's just different. Maybe because it's our home.

Yeup i honestly think because its our own home that you wouldnt be scared because you know your home. One of my friends is like **** You, i hate your basement and we laugh a lot about it.

Ebonykrow:

Exactly! There's no time to think while it's all happening. It's after the fact. I have had things happen where I'm cool as a cucumber until about ten minutes later. I don't fear ghosts or most of the unknown, but when something happens so suddenly, no matter how well you handle it, there's always that shaky little while later that can't be denied. That's when it all hits home. Of course, that's when you start thinking you wish you had a camera, or you wish you'd spoken to it, etc...

agreed, when i have had paranormal experineces i dont realise until later what has just happend to me its asif i dosent seem real at the time if you follow me

Well I've only had one experience so might as well post it. Granted no way is it going to win and I wasn't freak at all...anywho.

Last year a friend and I decided to go on the Haunted Walk here in Ottawa. We decided to take the Bytown Museum since we didn't want to walk around the jail in the dark (special deal they had). So we get to the museum, hear the stories about it and then head in. We were the last group of the night and there might have been one or two staff on the main floor. We were in the vault (museum use to be a trading post) listen to a ghost story that had nothing to do with the museum or even the city when there were three loud bangs that seemed to come from the vault itself. The various props in the vault didn't move at all and it was unlikely that the sounds came from another room since the walls were made of stone and it wouldn't have been that loud. So our guide quickly finishes the story and just as quickly leaves the room. Tour continues and we head up to the third floor. Now I'm looking out for stuff so I notice that a door is slightly ajar. I make a note of it just in case it had moved when we go back. So in the main display room, another story, when the door we just came through slams shut. Far bit of force behind it and only the bottom half closed. Top half didn't move. We didn't go back through that hall but I thought that there was more light coming from the room with the ajar door. However the floors are all old wood meaning you make a fair bit of noise when you walk around. Be hard for someone to slam the door and then run out of sight without anyone seeing them. Bit later people heard footsteps following us on some stairs but I didn't notice it, thought it was just the people behind me.

So some odd happenings that might have explainations but would mean the people doing the tours are very clever and faking everything.

agreed, when i have had paranormal experineces i dont realise until later what has just happend to me its asif i dosent seem real at the time if you follow me

That ties in with ennui and Guardian's comments as well. When you are on your territory, you know you have to live there, so you can't afford the fear until you know it's all okay!

Edited by Marby

exaclty i was fearful at a time that i would have to move because of activity but i stood firm and it stopped a little while after i actually shouted out '' im staying and theres nothing you can do about it '' i thought for a while that might tempt the entities to prove that they could do things about it but nothing major happend

Edited by red-star

exaclty i was fearful at a time that i would have to move because of activity but i stood firm and it stopped a little while after i actually shouted out '' im staying and theres nothing you can do about it '' i thought for a while that might tempt the entities to porves that they do things about it but nothing major happend

A lot of times, that is effective. When my aunt lived in her crazy, haunted house, she could get them to stop for a few weeks at time by going all alpha and yelling at them.

maybe spirits with evil intentions need fear to pass over or something, or they just get a kick out of seeing people scared

maybe spirits with evil intentions need fear to pass over or something, or they just get a kick out of seeing people scared

I've heard that they feed on the energy that one produces while they are scared. I would think any high emotion would, though. Of course, there are probably plenty that love to terrify for kicks. Must be boring being stuck like they are.

OWL LADY:

This story is true. The murderer and victim are still being researched. That there was a brutal murder in this town in 1906 been confirmed.

I didnt want to copy and paste your entire story and ordeals but OMG..It's a shock to me that the murderer is still there, and the victim. I wish she could pass, but maybe he is keeping her here. Sounds like some pretty horrific stuff and thank you for sharing..JN :huh:

My daughters and I figure the lady is happy to be amoung friends. :innocent: My eldest "JR", has seen her and talked with her (rats, I only get to talk to her, she won't let me see her :( ). She has been coy about giving out info and we let her have her way. She isn't ready to leave and we won't press her to.

I just wish getting rid of the beast were easy. :angry2: Daughter "CB" is strong enough to keep him off now that she is fully aware of his purpose. B)

exaclty i was fearful at a time that i would have to move because of activity but i stood firm and it stopped a little while after i actually shouted out '' im staying and theres nothing you can do about it '' i thought for a while that might tempt the entities to prove that they could do things about it but nothing major happend

Basically what we have done with the beast. I had retired before the new doors were enstalled and I had felt "him" outside whenever I picked "JR" up from work. He would immediately sly away from the door whan I approached, he came to be afraid of the two of us, because we learned not to be afraid of him. He fears "JR" the most, probably because she is so sensitive; she cannot enter a cemetery without feeling the energy of everyone buried there :huh:

I have a story, for later, about her that happened after the April 1995 bombing of the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City. We almost lost her to this one. :no:

Well if you look at my sig you can see the previous contest winners are mentioned there. The prize isn't that big but you will be mentoined in my sig and I've tried to get the judges to put it in theirs. And you can display it in your sig as well. While the prize isn't very big it's still fun to compete in these contests! ^_^

Here goes mine, wasnt the scariest, but it freaked me out abit AND it happened this past Friday.

ANyways, being in South Africa, particularly Cape Town, most of the smaller villages along the coast are fishing villages with very small towns

and low population. Anyways my girlfriends mom hooked up a guest house for us to stay in for the night.

the place was really nice, modern and nothing creepy about it at all.

so at about 10pm we headed down to the local hotel for something to eat (my mom told me about the hotel before we

went, apparently back in the day this hotel was fabulous and she and her friends spent some time there back when they were young.) we ordered our food and my girlfriend and I decided to walk around to waste time. We walked through the passages which lead to the rooms and although we could see the rooms were not occupied, it still felt like something was there.

When we headed back to the resturant side of the hotel, I stopped my girlfriend and we both turned around to the passage and i told her that something wasnt right, i could see something down the passage.

We got into a conversation with a waitress and she told us that in 2006 a young girl was blugeoned* to death buy her boyfriend with a champaign bottle and stuffed in the cuboard. And the guests were complaining of wierd happenings.

Nonetheless our food was ready and we headed for the car. When we got there I couldnt find they car keys and we looked in the resturant where we had been waiting for the food and found nothing. Nothing in the parking lot and anywhere. I decided to trace my steps back to the rooms, I found my keys lying in front of one of the bedroom doors

and YUP you guessed it, it was the room where the girl was murdered.

picked them up and I ran the **** out of there. too much coinsidence for my liking... bongs away!

Wow, I guess it could've been a coincidence but you never know... And it happened last Friday? I guess that's the most recent experience yet!

I don't even know how I would react in that situation... I've heard so many different stories about aggressive entities (whether it was inhuman, demonic, or just an angry ghostie with a temper), and never actually experienced activity like that, that it would be hard for me to fathom an event of that scale without having been a part of it. Though, very few people get to experience something like that, and, imo, if it leaves you with something good--one of those things definitely has to be bragging rights. You should get some sort of T-shirt that says, "I lived through a haunting and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!"

What, I think, I don't truly understand is how people live in total fear for such an extended amount of time. What goes through your mind during that time? How long do you go through living that way before you do something about it? I don't really know. Did this happen before or after you got involved in the field of investigating the paranormal?

I agree. :) When things happen, like that, that you're 100% positive of what you saw, you don't really know how to assess that sort of fear. But that situation is undoubtedly scarier when I recall it, and to be honest, I was sitting here around 10PM by the window with the blinds up... while I was typing, I had to close the blinds because I kept imaging the lady jumping up (despite the fact I'm on the second floor) and pressing her grotesque face against the window. :cry:

I would agree to that, but it wasn't just our house. I think it was the land, because the house we owned over the knoll also had activity, as did much of the neighborhood. (I was at the neighbors once, sitting on the porch, when a woman walked up the street. Because the community is so small, we know everyone, but we didn't know her. My brother and friend ran down the drive way shouting "hello" but she never turned around or said anything. She walked up the road to the church yard and we never saw her again.) I really miss living there, rofl, there was so much to it. I sort of wish I could go back and do my own little investigation.

Why does that matter? It sounds very rude of you to ask. :/ Like your story is too good to post without knowing what you could get out of it. This is for fun. Honestly, I think if you can't share your story without being greedy... well, I shouldn't really share what I think.

Was there even a prize mentioned?

I wonder who that person was, and if it was a spirit or not. If it walked into the church/around it then maybe it had some sort of past with or around the church... Also no, there was not a prize mentioned. But the prize is that your name will be in my sig and it will say that you won. Not very glamorous I know, but I can't think of any other prize.