Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Contest 3: Freakiest Ghost Experience

Kar-zid

Yep, I think it's because of my maternal grandparents, both were sensitive and din't really show signs of it being a problem for them. When I was five my Dad died suddenly. Mom moved my brother and me in with her parents while she looked for a place for the 3 of us to live. It was here that I saw my first "shadow' spirit, and it scared the H--- out of me. IThe house was real small, only @870SqFt, I slept on the couch in the FR as my brother and Mom were both sick with the flu and slept in the north bedroom. The house was real small, a California bungalow they called it, only @890SqFt.

Gramps worked the GraveYard shift at the nearby oil fields and always came home while it was still dark. Grandma would keep the kitchen light on for him and the swinging door closed so the light wouldn't keep me awake. The day before I had turned six and felt real grown up. I got up to use the bathroom and when I returned I looked towards the kitchen door and saw a shadow. Thinking it was Gramps I called out to him. No answer. I tried again thinking he hadn't heard me, again no response, heck I got scared quick!! I jumped onto the couch and pulled both my Teddy Bear and the covers as close to me as I could, then buried my face in the back of the couch.

I still don't know today if I was still awake or had fallen quickly asleep when I heard my Dad's voice, just above my head. "Good night Princess, and Happy Birthday. I will always love you." :wub:

When I told my grandma what had happened the next morning, she smiled. "Your Dad will always be there for you Princess." He was the only one to call me that until then.

By the way, Grandma was right Dad stayed with me as long as I needed him. He now looks after my eldest daughter "JR" and often comes to her in her dreams when she really needs him. Also, "JR"'s handwriting is exactly like my Dad's. :)

That's sweet, having your dad look over your family as a spirit. ^_^

very interesting! :) my grandfather died 7 years before i was born, ever since in was 5 i could hear spirits. since i was born i've been hearing/seeing him. my first exsperience was when i was lying in bed trying to get to sleep, it was around 11 at night. Then i could hear these voices initially i thought that it was my mum on the phone which it wasn't. there were two voices one of a man the other of a woman. The woman's voice i could hear more clearly than the males. they were talking and i could hear (woman) "She can hear everything that we are saying!" (man) "i know she can" it shocked me quite badly. for history sake 2 of my family members died in the house (grandfather and great-grandmother)from then on whenever i went to a house or area that had spirit activity i could hear what they were saying.

my grandfather would always come to me when i was alone in the house, when your a kid at the beginning this is creepy. one time i was in the kitchen alone noone was in the house either and clear as day right behind me a man (granddad maybe) said "AMY" really clear and loudly. one time i was staying up late in bed reading and he said "go to bed now" in a stern voice that i actually did!

this goes along with my other exsperince that is on this thread about what else they have said to me. if you listen it's very interesting what they have to say to you. once i was in an old sanitorium (for the night :( ) and i was sleeping with others in a kind of lounge. I was the only one awake and outside the door i could hear woman laughing and men talking loudly then conversations (noone else could hear this) they came right up to the door and one woman said "she's sleeping in there with the others, you know she is listening to us right now" (males )

"yes i realise this" (woman) "she's the only one that can hear us" (male) "really?" it was really fascinating!

sorry for the long post but i thought you might be interested :)

that's just plain weird :(

Wow, these spirits really seem to be fascinated with you. :blink:

Amy, I know how you feel. Before moving here I could only see spirits in my mind, feel them as they walked through an area or knew if a place was "tainted". Hearing them and talking to them has opened up an entirely different area of the paranormal for me. :o

The first ghost that talked to me was also seen by a a fellow employee in a store I was working at. The employee quit the next day, which the ghost thought was cute as she prefered me to everyone else in the place, because I wasn't scared.

Actually love talking to them. :lol:

It must be cool to be able to talk to ghosts! ^_^

Creepy... It strangely reminds me of Friday The 13th Part 2, where Jason has a burlap sack over his head...

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't think of that when I saw him; chainsaw guy was bad enough, but at least he's mortal!

Edited by Lord Sappington

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't think of that when I saw him; chainsaw guy was bad enough, but at least he's mortal!

Lol, yeah, I guess thinking that would've scared you even more. ^_^

Weird, has your friend checked the houses history or something? Or found out what/who the ghost is?

I forgot to say that this happened when I was about 10ish.

They have since moved away and we have lost contact so I haven't been able to ask her again about that night.

Nevermind though! its just another personal experience

Amy, I know how you feel. Before moving here I could only see spirits in my mind, feel them as they walked through an area or knew if a place was "tainted". Hearing them and talking to them has opened up an entirely different area of the paranormal for me. :o

The first ghost that talked to me was also seen by a a fellow employee in a store I was working at. The employee quit the next day, which the ghost thought was cute as she prefered me to everyone else in the place, because I wasn't scared.

Actually love talking to them. :lol:

I can occasionally see them in my mind, and sometimes their voices come into my mind unlike hearing their words. (if that makes any sense :) ) I know where they are standing, moving and wearing without physically seeing them. which is odd i know. yes it's great to be able to talk to them, because it makes you feel special but in a weird way! :)

I forgot to say that this happened when I was about 10ish.

They have since moved away and we have lost contact so I haven't been able to ask her again about that night.

Nevermind though! its just another personal experience

Oh, that's alright. But still the story was very weird! ^_^

I can occasionally see them in my mind, and sometimes their voices come into my mind unlike hearing their words. (if that makes any sense :) ) I know where they are standing, moving and wearing without physically seeing them. which is odd i know. yes it's great to be able to talk to them, because it makes you feel special but in a weird way! :)

That makes sense, it's like someone puttin their thoughts in your head. ^_^

That's sweet, having your dad look over your family as a spirit. ^_^

Actually "JR" gets a little frustrated with him sometimes when he talks to her in her dreams.

Dad was born in 1914 in Alabama, and spent his life there until he entered the Army. Just imagine Cark Gable (Dad looked exactly like the actor, with a mustache ;) ) add a true deep southern accent, and real fast talker. :lol: There have been times "JR" has talked in her sleep telling Dad to ... "Slow down for heaven's sake!" :cry:

The first time it happened to me the ghost was behind me, out of my line of sight, but "visable" to the other employee, I think thats what really scared him because he could physicaly see her. I can "hear" their words as a regular conversation and in what I know to be their voice as it was when they were alive. I don't think of it as weird, but wonderful. :tu:

I can't physically see them as "JR" can, but I would like to. Seeing them, talking to them and only seeing "shadows" makes me feel like I am waiting for the "other shoe to drop" and it has been a VEEERRRRYYYY long wait. :cry::cry:

Actually "JR" gets a little frustrated with him sometimes when he talks to her in her dreams.

Dad was born in 1914 in Alabama, and spent his life there until he entered the Army. Just imagine Cark Gable (Dad looked exactly like the actor, with a mustache ;) ) add a true deep southern accent, and real fast talker. :lol: There have been times "JR" has talked in her sleep telling Dad to ... "Slow down for heaven's sake!" :cry:

Lol, well at least he's watching over "JR", even though he can get a little annoying. ^_^

The first time it happened to me the ghost was behind me, out of my line of sight, but "visable" to the other employee, I think thats what really scared him because he could physicaly see her. I can "hear" their words as a regular conversation and in what I know to be their voice as it was when they were alive. I don't think of it as weird, but wonderful. :tu:

I can't physically see them as "JR" can, but I would like to. Seeing them, talking to them and only seeing "shadows" makes me feel like I am waiting for the "other shoe to drop" and it has been a VEEERRRRYYYY long wait. :cry::cry:

I'm sure the "other shoe" will "drop" sooner or later. ^_^ At least you can talk to them, I can't. <_< Though I'd really like to be able to. ^_^

what i was refering to weird was when it happened the first time to me, yes it is wonderful. However NOONE in my family knows about this for fear of ridicule. They i don't think will understand me at all. I'm pretty sure you understand what i am talking about. :wub:

what i was refering to weird was when it happened the first time to me, yes it is wonderful. However NOONE in my family knows about this for fear of ridicule. They i don't think will understand me at all. I'm pretty sure you understand what i am talking about. :wub:

It is unnerving for those who can't experiance what we do. If someone outside the family finds out just tell them it's the same as talking on a phone, but as a ghost to living hook-up.

I wonder if they get roll over minutes too. :lol::rofl::tu:

It is unnerving for those who can't experiance what we do. If someone outside the family finds out just tell them it's the same as talking on a phone, but as a ghost to living hook-up.

Lol, I wonder if there's long distance charges too...

yeah but here's the thing i don't want to be labelled as a 'freak' yeah i know that i am different from most people, but it's finding acceptance in people that's trouble, but mostly finding acceptance in yourself. B)

so Kar-Zid when is this competition going to end? i'm wanting to know who won! ;)

I am waitng for KZ to come back and he and I will go over all the stories, then decisions will be made. GOOD job, everyone. If anyone else has a story, please feel free to share..JN :yes:

I am waitng for KZ to come back and he and I will go over all the stories, then decisions will be made. GOOD job, everyone. If anyone else has a story, please feel free to share..JN :yes:

Okay that sounds reasonable enough for me :) yeah havn't heard from KZ in a while that's all

Okay that sounds reasonable enough for me :) yeah havn't heard from KZ in a while that's all

I know, he lives in Australia and usually not online very often. But he shall return.. :P

I know, he lives in Australia and usually not online very often. But he shall return.. :P

Okay i live in NZ and am ususally only online when i'm not at work :)

i've been hearing the them since i was 5 years old, i tell ya at that age you get soo scared. luckly i'm not afraid now :)

Magik,

I got to thinking and realized, DUH :blush: , that the first time I heard a ghost was when I was six, shortly after my Dad died. In fact he was the one who talked to me. I guess I really didn't think of it as a ghost contact because it was my Dad. :wub:

yeah but here's the thing i don't want to be labelled as a 'freak' yeah i know that i am different from most people, but it's finding acceptance in people that's trouble, but mostly finding acceptance in yourself. B)

Being a freak ain't bad, I admit I'm a freak, and other do to. ^_^

so Kar-Zid when is this competition going to end? i'm wanting to know who won! ;)

Very soon, perhaps today or tonight. ^_^

I'm bak!!! Woo!!! :lol:

Soz, I've had some other stuff I had to do. ^_^ Plus I finished a 48 page story.