Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Contest 3: Freakiest Ghost Experience

Kar-zid

I know, he lives in Australia and usually not online very often. But he shall return.. :P

I'm online whenever I get the chance. ^_^ Also, JN, PM me your decisions, who'll you'll give 3 points to, 2 points and 1 point. ^_^ The judging is the same as the other contests.

Magik,

I got to thinking and realized, DUH :blush: , that the first time I heard a ghost was when I was six, shortly after my Dad died. In fact he was the one who talked to me. I guess I really didn't think of it as a ghost contact because it was my Dad. :wub:

Wow, so you've been hearing ghosts since you were 6? I've only had 2 experiences in my life, and neither I saw anything big or heard anything.

Tonight is Aug 30, Saturday..9:58 pm. Everyone is gone and I am left alone since late afternoon. Lynn, my wife, is working, Angela, my daughter, is in Saskatoon with her friend n parents. Joshua(son) never came home yet from work(KFC) and Aaron(son) is at the park. My bible is mysteriously on the floor and I never touched it. Why is it on the floor?All I can think of is.. "wtf?"

Tonight is Aug 30, Saturday..9:58 pm. Everyone is gone and I am left alone since late afternoon. Lynn, my wife, is working, Angela, my daughter, is in Saskatoon with her friend n parents. Joshua(son) never came home yet from work(KFC) and Aaron(son) is at the park. My bible is mysteriously on the floor and I never touched it. Why is it on the floor?All I can think of is.. "wtf?"

Did it just suddenly show up there, or did you walk into a room and it was there? JN

Wow, that's very odd... Definitely a wtf moment. Was it on the floor when you came in or did it just appear there, like JN asked?

Magik,

I got to thinking and realized, DUH :blush: , that the first time I heard a ghost was when I was six, shortly after my Dad died. In fact he was the one who talked to me. I guess I really didn't think of it as a ghost contact because it was my Dad. :wub:

Okay it's funny what you remember later on in life

Soz, I've had some other stuff I had to do. ^_^ Plus I finished a 48 page story.

wow 48 pages what about?

I walked out the kitchen in which is where my computer is and I got up to go outside to look at the weather is like b4 I go for my walk. I was just finishing up an post here in UM. When I returned, the Bible that my father had given to me when I was young was on the floor. My legs felt weak and I had to sit down and thought about it deeply. How the hell did it get there? And, it’s bible that I always use when I need it for Net purposes. No pages were opened and no obituary pamphlets(20 or so ppl) were dropped out. I do have a few books in my hutch of my computer desk and the bible was in the living room. So, if it had fell and I cant see how it could fall-It would have to travel 10 feet. I do really hate to be alone on this..I never had told Lynn or anyone but only here on Um. I am thinking of calling a friend that is an Minister but he would only tell me to go back to the Church n finish my studies and this is your Calling. Right. Why could it have been the book Fabric Of The Cosmos, then again…

I was wondering... Does this competition end with the year, or somewhere before?

I walked out the kitchen in which is where my computer is and I got up to go outside to look at the weather is like b4 I go for my walk. I was just finishing up an post here in UM. When I returned, the Bible that my father had given to me when I was young was on the floor. My legs felt weak and I had to sit down and thought about it deeply. How the hell did it get there? And, it’s bible that I always use when I need it for Net purposes. No pages were opened and no obituary pamphlets(20 or so ppl) were dropped out. I do have a few books in my hutch of my computer desk and the bible was in the living room. So, if it had fell and I cant see how it could fall-It would have to travel 10 feet. I do really hate to be alone on this..I never had told Lynn or anyone but only here on Um. I am thinking of calling a friend that is an Minister but he would only tell me to go back to the Church n finish my studies and this is your Calling. Right. Why could it have been the book Fabric Of The Cosmos, then again…

Thats weird something similar happend to me although it was in a time of need. I was really hungry one day and all i had was chef boyardee in a can. Unfortunately I could not find the can opener. I searched and searched getting more agitated by the minute. Saying "PLEASE where else could it be?!" I stopped and looked down to the other side of the kitchen and there in the center of the dining room doorway was the can opener. Just sitting there.

wtf

Thats weird something similar happend to me although it was in a time of need. I was really hungry one day and all i had was chef boyardee in a can. Unfortunately I could not find the can opener. I searched and searched getting more agitated by the minute. Saying "PLEASE where else could it be?!" I stopped and looked down to the other side of the kitchen and there in the center of the dining room doorway was the can opener. Just sitting there.

wtf

wow someone was watching over you in your time of need :)

Hi Kar-zid,

I have told this story before but I think it’s worth putting in contest 3 if a little late.

I had been travelling back with work colleagues from a course when we stopped over in an old Bed ‘n’ breakfast. It was nice to be chatting with my colleagues and after a hearty evening meal, we retired to a Lounge area to relax.

It was then that my inbuilt ’radar’ picked up some movement above and behind me, probably in the many bedrooms in this large free standing House. Haunted I thought but

initial investigations turned up nothing but I chose to be vigilant, just in case.

All too soon, it was bed time and I busied myself getting things ready for the morning.

Teeth brushed, PJ’s ready I checked the door to my room was secure then put the main light out, leaving the two bedside lamps on. I hadn’t realised how tired I was as the dim light was soothing on my eyes. Nevertheless, I got my book out and prepared to read in bed for half an hour.

Soon I’d had enough, put the book down, rolled to my right and switched off one lamp then while lying on my back, I reached across my head with my right hand to put out the last light but stopped, I thought I glimpsed…… dropping my arm, I looked at the foot of my bed and their she was.

A little girl standing at the foot of my bed, she was...... well, serene I suppose. Emotionless, her gaze never moved from the carpet, lips closed but no sign of rhythmic breathing and no movement at all.

“Hello” I said and just to add to the drama she breathed “hello”

I had started talking to 'Mary' from my bed but realized her whispering voice was not emanating from her body. It was right beside me at my pillow. I did note her lips were not moving

“What’s your name” I asked. “Mary” she whispered back in a noticeably clipped and breathy voice.

“How old are you” I asked. “8” was her reply. Frustratingly all I could think of after that was “what happened” to which she replied “got sick”.

I did ask a few more really stupid questions but her illness was the last thing she spoke of.

So, I gathered up my courage and got out of bed and slowly, very slowly walked over to her, then knelt down in front of her.

She really was serene, but completely emotionless, standing in her white ankle socks and white cotton nightdress. Her hair was brown and curly loosely split in a parting on the left side of her head, slightly obscuring the right side of her face.

Well, despite my mature years, I really was beside myself, struggling to breath properly in the excitement of the moment, I tried to calm myself, try to think scientifically, what the hell is going on here.

I noted, being so close to her that there was no sign of an unpleasant odour or that she looked greasy or, well decomposing. Her colour wasn’t right but I definitely wasn’t repelled by her, quite the contrary, I wanted to hold her hand in a protective gesture but was frankly well out of my depth.

However, I was acutely aware of 2 problems, firstly the intense cold was frankly breathtaking and taking it’s toll but also I was becoming seriously fatigued. I realised I had an urgent need to lie down. As far as Mary was concerned I was out of ideas and courage.

I could physically feel myself being shutdown. It was bizarre!

I could only maintain my kneeling posture for a minute or two more then had to return to my bed and much to my disgust, I fell asleep.

To this day I felt that that was an unexpected opportunity to learn, missed.

My thanks.

Encounter85

Edited by Encounter85

yeah but here's the thing i don't want to be labelled as a 'freak' yeah i know that i am different from most people, but it's finding acceptance in people that's trouble, but mostly finding acceptance in yourself. B)

For me it is better than what the alternative was. I was abused (psychologicaly) by my mother for 20 years.

I have never considered myself a freak because I know that everyone is able to communicate, when we are young; remember those imaginary friends a lot of kids were suppose to have? ;)

Maybe it's your Dad? Think and sleep on it, it'll come to you when the time is right. ;)

Okay it's funny what you remember later on in life

wow 48 pages what about?

Well me and 2 other writers from a site called FanFiction (here's a link: http://www.fanfiction.net/ ) had an idea, to make a The Shining II as a co-authored project. I personally thought that there was no way we could make a good sequel to The Shining as the first was just so perfect, but I think we did well. ^_^ My longest story I wrote be myself is only 30 something pages. ^_^

That's very odd... There doesn't seem to be any way for that book to get onto the ground unless someone picked it up and carefully put it on the ground so nothing fell out... Very odd indeed... :blink:

I was wondering... Does this competition end with the year, or somewhere before?

In fact this contest is ending any day now. Me and JN just need to go through the stories and cast our votes, then the winner will be decided. ^_^

wtf

Wow, I guess something knew you really needed something to eat. :yes:

Hi Kar-zid,

I have told this story before but I think it’s worth putting in contest 3 if a little late.

I had been travelling back with work colleagues from a course when we stopped over in an old Bed ‘n’ breakfast. It was nice to be chatting with my colleagues and after a hearty evening meal, we retired to a Lounge area to relax.

It was then that my inbuilt ’radar’ picked up some movement above and behind me, probably in the many bedrooms in this large free standing House. Haunted I thought but

initial investigations turned up nothing but I chose to be vigilant, just in case.

All too soon, it was bed time and I busied myself getting things ready for the morning.

Teeth brushed, PJ’s ready I checked the door to my room was secure then put the main light out, leaving the two bedside lamps on. I hadn’t realised how tired I was as the dim light was soothing on my eyes. Nevertheless, I got my book out and prepared to read in bed for half an hour.

Soon I’d had enough, put the book down, rolled to my right and switched off one lamp then while lying on my back, I reached across my head with my right hand to put out the last light but stopped, I thought I glimpsed…… dropping my arm, I looked at the foot of my bed and their she was.

A little girl standing at the foot of my bed, she was...... well, serene I suppose. Emotionless, her gaze never moved from the carpet, lips closed but no sign of rhythmic breathing and no movement at all.

“Hello” I said and just to add to the drama she breathed “hello”

I had started talking to 'Mary' from my bed but realized her whispering voice was not emanating from her body. It was right beside me at my pillow. I did note her lips were not moving

“What’s your name” I asked. “Mary” she whispered back in a noticeably clipped and breathy voice.

“How old are you” I asked. “8” was her reply. Frustratingly all I could think of after that was “what happened” to which she replied “got sick”.

I did ask a few more really stupid questions but her illness was the last thing she spoke of.

So, I gathered up my courage and got out of bed and slowly, very slowly walked over to her, then knelt down in front of her.

She really was serene, but completely emotionless, standing in her white ankle socks and white cotton nightdress. Her hair was brown and curly loosely split in a parting on the left side of her head, slightly obscuring the right side of her face.

Well, despite my mature years, I really was beside myself, struggling to breath properly in the excitement of the moment, I tried to calm myself, try to think scientifically, what the hell is going on here.

I noted, being so close to her that there was no sign of an unpleasant odour or that she looked greasy or, well decomposing. Her colour wasn’t right but I definitely wasn’t repelled by her, quite the contrary, I wanted to hold her hand in a protective gesture but was frankly well out of my depth.

However, I was acutely aware of 2 problems, firstly the intense cold was frankly breathtaking and taking it’s toll but also I was becoming seriously fatigued. I realised I had an urgent need to lie down. As far as Mary was concerned I was out of ideas and courage.

I could physically feel myself being shutdown. It was bizarre!

I could only maintain my kneeling posture for a minute or two more then had to return to my bed and much to my disgust, I fell asleep.

To this day I felt that that was an unexpected opportunity to learn, missed.

My thanks.

Encounter85

Wow, that's a very interesting experience. You were able to actually get up close to this spirit and communicate properly... That's gotta be one of the most interesting experiences I have heard.

I am an Agnostic and Skeptic in the Making, but i do want to tell about a very strange expereince My family had in the early 90s. (i had posted it in UM

Load Shedding (electricity being cut off to ease the load on the trasnmission circuits) was quite normal in my home town. The Load Shedding period was from 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm in the night.

So, we are always prepared. We switch on the emergency lamps or light up candles and sit aorund or do ur jobs - step mom is inthe kitchen cooking, Myself and Dad in the living room reading some stuff, my step sister was a baby and was sleeping in the master bed room.

Suddenly the calling bell/door bell rang. My Dad got up to open the door, so did i ..to see who had come.

There was no one out there. We found it little strange. All the dogs were in their kennels....and couldnt have jumped and hit the bell switch by chance.

My step mom came to us asking who hadd rung the bell.

It was then when we REALISED that there was Electricty/Power ..and how the HELL did the BELL RING??

we got spooked. I felt a chill go down my spine.

My dad who is an agnostic....or u could call him a calm headed man..took the torch and went around the house and found no one.

The we had realised that the main gate was LOCKED too.

We slowly moved inside the house and locked the door.

after a while the power came back and we went back to our rooms to sleep.

But i couldnt sleep ...god knows when i slept off.

I have never forgotten this incident....which happened around 17 years back.

This was expereinced by 3 of us together, for which we have no explanation.

I am an Agnostic and Skeptic in the Making, but i do want to tell about a very strange expereince My family had in the early 90s. (i had posted it in UM

Load Shedding (electricity being cut off to ease the load on the trasnmission circuits) was quite normal in my home town. The Load Shedding period was from 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm in the night.

So, we are always prepared. We switch on the emergency lamps or light up candles and sit aorund or do ur jobs - step mom is inthe kitchen cooking, Myself and Dad in the living room reading some stuff, my step sister was a baby and was sleeping in the master bed room.

Suddenly the calling bell/door bell rang. My Dad got up to open the door, so did i ..to see who had come.

There was no one out there. We found it little strange. All the dogs were in their kennels....and couldnt have jumped and hit the bell switch by chance.

It was then when we REALISED that there was Electricty/Power ..and how the HELL did the BELL RING??

My dad who is an agnostic....or u could call him a calm headed man..took the torch and went around the house and found no one.

Wow that's pretty crazy :P it was me all along so you dont have to worry anymore haha

Yeah, that is pretty crazy, lol ^_^ . And very odd, if there was no power then the doorbell had no wa of ringing... I guess that's another one of those strange things we'll never know what truly happened with...

Wow that's pretty crazy :P it was me all along so you dont have to worry anymore haha

Lol, that's just gonna worry Sandman even more!

This is my submission for the Freakiest Ghost Experience. I have an attached EVP that goes along with it..(my proof). Please read the story, then listen to the attached audio file. This was freaky, not scary. I am not a great story teller, but here it goes...

German Ghost

This is just a quick story. I am a 38 year old male, 6 years in the Army and I think I am pretty grounded. As you may be able to tell by my name, I have done a lot of field research on EVPs (Electronic Voice Phenomena).

EVPs are voices found on a recording device that were not there when initially recorded. This is just a hobby of mine and my family (Wife 37, Son 14, Daughter 10, and Infant boy). We go to cemeteries and talk to the "Spirits" out loud. Some times you get a response, sometimes you don't.

This particular event happened early this year after one of our research sessions. We went to an old Lutheran Cemetery. I found an area of about 25 graves from the mid 1800's that were written in German. I can speak German, so I asked them to talk in the Digital Recorder and I would be able to hear them later.

Shortly afterwards, we left the Cemetery and excitedly went home to review our Evidence. After checking the evidence, we found nothing out of the ordinary (Sometimes you get them... Sometimes you don't).

About a week after this, we (family) were sitting at our kitchen table just talking about nothing in particular. All of a sudden my infants "Talking Pizza Elmo" went off in the next room (living room). It sings and dances a bit when the button is pressed. It was sitting all alone in the middle of the floor. We all looked at each other and kind of giggled. We just thought it was low batteries, barametric pressure...etc.

It went off again after a few minutes and again a few minutes after that. (By the way, it had brand new batteries in the toy.) The third time it went off, I grabbed my digital recorder and stood about 2 feet over the singing Elmo. It went off several more time and I stopped recording. My family stood very quietly in the kitchen as I recorded.

They record as well so they know the drill. Please listen to the attached audio file. You will hear Elmo singing, then a man laughing (at me by the way). Speaking with a german accent. The laughing and talking is the actual Ghost.

He thought I was funny to jump up and record him. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this.

German Accented EVP

I hope I'm not too late to contribute. I've had some serious computer issues of late which are directly related to my haunting, so I haven't been on in quite a while.

I've mentioned some of my problems before in another thread, so I won't go in to full background detail. I will focus on one night in particular because it has been by far the worst night I have experienced since living in this house.

I came home at about 7 pm. Day like any other day. Fed my dog, made some dinner, watched tv, went online for bit. At approximately 9 pm things started in. The light on the table next to me went out. Nothing odd about that except that when I went to change the bulb, I saw that the light switch on the wall had been flipped off. This has happened before, so I wasn't that concerned. I turned the light back on and said out loud "ha ha very funny." The light flicked off again. I turned the light back on and decided ok...not dealing with this tonight, so I put a piece of duct tape over the switch. No sooner did I sit back down, but my kitchen light flicked off. At this point I was more annoyed than frightened. Like I said, I've been dealing with this problem for some time now, so nothing up to this point was a genuine surprise. I taped the light switches in the kitchen as well and sat back down.

At this point things calmed down for about 10 minutes and I thought things were over for the night. Next thing I know, my dog goes running into the entry hall and starts barking his head off. This dog is the sweetest, most loving animal ever, and would never harm a human. He was barking and growling like his life was being threatened. I've seen him get agitated and bark at the goings on in the house before, but never like this. When I walked into the entry hall, it was like stepping into a walk-in freezer. Room temperature was about 80 degrees, and it was a huge shock. I could literally see my breath...not a common event on a summer night. I grabbed the dog and went back into the kitchen, closing the doors that lead into the hallway and dining room behind me.

I sat back down and tried to comfort the dog as best as I could, but he was still very upset. For his own good, I put him outside and closed the door. The second I closed the door, my computer made a loud whirring noise, and shut itself off. I tried to restart, but couldn't. At this point, I was past annoyed...past mad...I was downright scared.

I sat back down on the couch and was trying to get ahold of myself, when the doorbell rang. Now I'm not one for answering the door at night, but I was so shocked by the ring, that I jumped up and ran back into the icy entryway. When I looked out the window at the porch, there was no one there. I felt like my heart was going to leap out of my chest. I stood there for a second, then turned around to see that my kitchen light had turned off. The duct tape I had put over the switches was lying on the floor. I felt my body shaking and had to fight back the urge to cry.

I really didn't know what to do. I had no intention of letting whatever this presence is chase me from my home, but I was terrified to stay. I didn't bother turning the kitchen light back on. I just sat back down on the couch and stared over at the door to the entryway. I'd say I sat there for about 10-15 minutes just staring, waiting for something more to happen. I had just decided that things were finally over when I heard the voice. It said something (I have no idea what) then laughed. I've heard this voice before, but on this night, after all that had already happened, it was too much for me. I decided it was time to leave.

I stood up to let the dog in, and glanced back over at the doorway when I clearly saw a face peeking around the corner at me. It didn't duck behind the wall immediately and I got a good look at it. Male, dark hair, dark eyes. From the location of the face in the doorway, it was tall...over 6 feet. I was absolutely speechless and seemed to be glued to the spot where I was standing. After it ducked behind the wall, and my brain was able to actually comprehend what had just happened, I ran to the back door to let my dog in. He refused to come back inside. I grabbed my purse and keys, grabbed the dog, and went out through the inner garage door. I pushed the button for the garage door opener but nothing happened. I finally lost it and started crying. I felt an icy chill run down my spine and heard the same voice I'd heard earlier whisper "don't go" very clearly in my ear. I ran back into the house, through the entryway (which I noticed afterward had returned to normal temperature), and out the front door. Needless to say, I didn't return that night.

I went back the following day to get some things and spent the next night away from home as well. Since then I have had a Native American cleasing ritual performed, and things have been much improved, but not completely resolved. Honestly, I doubt they ever will be.