Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Contest 3: Freakiest Ghost Experience

Kar-zid

I am reading them all now KZ..Will email you soon, there are a great deal of stories and they are ALL great..JN :tu:

Awesome, I think I already know 2 of my votes. :tu:

Karzid, I'm now "Ghostmagnet" instead of Moonfire...I couldn't get onto the site because the system couldn't resend an activation email(grrrrr) so I had to reregister...but answering your question........

I didn't get a picture of my experience, I wish I had! Especially when the curtains got levitated. I wonder if some kind of light or form would have shown. I've got more stories too. I'll put the one about the peeping tom in 1991 in the double murder/suicide that happened in the apartments I used to live in.

Edited by ghostmagnet42

The Peeping Tom ghost

I'll just copy and paste what I put over on my I Am Haunted site. Yes, this really happened, lol!

The Smith Avenue Apartments

by Ghostmagnet

Now we're getting to the really interesting stuff. In 1991, I lived in a courtyard apartment on a quiet block of Nampa, Idaho. What's even more disturbing than being haunted by a ghost involved in a double murder/suicide is actually KNOWING him before he dies.

At the time, I'd been in my mid 20s. This guy looked like he was in his early 20s...I never had any reason to talk to him because he was a stalker and a peeping tom. Not exactly someone I'd want to get to know. He was a good looking kid, but that's besides the point. He was also a psycho. I'd catch him stooping by my bedroom window after finishing phone conversations that I thought were private. I'd open the curtains because I heard a noise and find this guy running away hunched over on the white gravel that lined the strip of ground that served as our meager backyard. Not very discreet, was he? Even more unnerving, he lived just two doors across the parking lot from me.

It all came to an end, or so I thought, in a few months in the fall. I was watching TV and heard all this commotion outside. So I open the door and see an ambulance, a firetruck and police cars crowding the driveway. I watch as three bodies are carried to the ambulance covered in sheets, and know something serious is up. The cops won't tell me anything, so I ask the landlady who's standing next to me what's going on. She said the kid that lived in that apartment just killed two women who were fighting over him and then himself. I know it's the same guy because there are no more intrusions to my privacy after that.

At least not in THAT form.

Now get this, there was ANOTHER guy who committed suicide in the basement apartment behind me, but that was later and I didn't learn about it until years after I moved out. Shortly after the first murders, I moved out and then moved back into the basement one in September of 1992. That's where the hauntings took place. I was there for five months. I wish I'd left after the first incident.

I always got a bad feeling about the bedroom. The feeling would come and go, but it was there even in the daytime. I felt watched in there, especially around the back walls for some reason. After three weeks of moving in, I saw the ghost. He woke me up in the middle of the night coming through the back wall and hovering over me, a black, swirly cloudy featureless form with no eyes. Long, skinny and kind of a rectangular ugly head. So he must have had a crew cut or short hair when he was alive. He tried to land on/enter me, but he couldn't. I screamed at him to get out and he back up into the wall, staring at me with his eyeless face the whole time. As he melted into the wall, he seemed to fade away. The second manifestation was me being woke up by a very physical pressure of someone sitting on the side of my bed. Even my legs rolled over onto the form. I was terrified and woke up to find no one there. That was when I started sleeping in the living room. A couple years ago, I learned that some guy had killed himself in that apartment.

One more, The Idanha Hotel/Apartments, Boise Idaho:

You won't find much information about this place on the net, so I'll tell you what I was told and what I've experienced for myself.

There were three murders in this hotel and one assassination attempt on a state governer in 1901. As for the murders, one was a bellhop on the fourth floor and an old man who stepped outside his room at the wrong time. You can still see the spattered bloodstains trailing from door to door in one section of the hall from these. But the worst one was what happened on the sixth floor. This is where the most ominous and energy draining presence is, and I have other problems when I go up there. There are also bloodstains in front of certain doors on that floor. The man who runs the art exhibit in the basement gallery told me a couple months ago that janitors have tried and tried to get the stains out, but they always come back. Shades of Canterbury Ghost here.

Back in 1999, I talked to the lady(I forgot her name) who used to be the front desk manager. Both she and the manager of the art gallery told me that the front lobby(now a bistro) would get so cold that they'd have to step out of it. That they would sit on the outside perimeter until it went away. The elevator would come uncalled, or not at all(I esperienced this myself a couple years ago). He also said that he lived there for three years and for at least a year couldn't get an outside line on the phone. That the phones would ring all over the hotel. They had them fixed so there was no physical reason for this. What the lady told me was especially disturbing about the murder that happened on the sixth floor, and her and a friend's encounter with the male ghost that perpetuated it. She said according to a story that had been handed down over the decades, this middle aged guy stabbed his wife with sissors while she sat in a rocking chair knitting. She thinks he hid her body in a storage area in the basement because every time she went down there she got a sense of dread and couldn't stay there long. She told me one of her friends had a nightmare while staying in one of the rooms(I never asked her if it was in or near the room where the murder occurred) where he appeared to her. He had wild uncombed white hair and crazy looking eyes. She said she also saw the ghost of the woman he killed hiding in a closet saying "Don't let him hurt me again!"

I think the scariest thing I was told was about a guest staying in the hotel who actually got pulled out of BED by one of the ghosts!

Now here's my personal experience.

The first time I stayed there(not my idea, mind you) was when I was nine in the mid 70s. My aunt used to live there, and I wish I'd known about the ghosts back then or I would have asked her if they ever bothered her. The old manager seems to think so, because she worked there at the same time my aunt was there. I asked the manager about my aunt possibly being plagued by hauntings, and she said, "there was a lady there who had epilepsy and she had to move out after only a couple months because it got a lot worse." I'm sure that was my aunt unless there was another middle aged lady there with the same problem. She couldn't remember my aunt's name though. Still, it sounds like her. My parents used to visit her a lot at this place, and that I was there overnight at least twice. I remember telling my parents I didn't want to stay there overnight again because of what happened. Of course, they told me I only had a nightmare. I never saw anything, but what I felt scared me so bad I moved from the bed by the door and climbed into bed with my grandma. I remember one night I was in a room with my mom and she kept calling out one of my other aunt's names like she was yelling for help. I was afraid to wake her but wondered what was disturbing her. She wasn't in the habit of talking in her sleep. As for what happened to me, I just remember feeling terrified there was some guy standing in the room over my bed that I couldn't see, or staring at me through the wall on the other side. The presence was overwhelming and very menacing. In my dream he had been a black shadow walking down the hall and stopped at our room. He seemed to latch on to me like a magnet and it scares me to think of what he would have done had I not woke up. I still felt the presence even then, and crawled in the other bed by the window with my grandma, who I woke up and told what happened. She fell right back to sleep after that so I don't really think she heard me anyway.

Flash forward to the late 90s, where I learned of the hauntings for the first time after reading about them in the Boise Weekly for their Halloween sketch. That was when I called that previous manager(she's no longer there after it's been converted to apartments) and heard all those stories. I should mention even the construction workers noticed weird things going on when they were renovating. Like objects being moved, the elevator malfunctioning(I realize this can be caused by bad wiring, but they said they had it fixed) and odd noises like whispering. Three years ago I went there with an excuse to look at apartments, so I could see what the new rooms looked like. The first one the realtor showed me was on the sixth floor. I didn't feel right up there and was jumpy until we moved down to a lower level. We had to take the stairs because the elevator wouldn't come when we called it. For some reason, even though there were murders on the fourth floor, the feeling isn't as bad there. It's the top one that's most disturbing. Now I want to move on to what's happened to me the last two times I looked around. I had a friend with me and she noticed the same sensations, although not as strong as I was feeling them.

Both times there was a rancid stink on the sixth floor that smelled like old blood and rotten food. It went beyond just the musty smell of the old walls and floor. And both times I got dizzy and felt heavy like I was about to collapse. The longer I stayed up there the worse it got. Even more disturbing was the air seemed heavier and darker. I don't know if that was an apparition or what, but it was like I was always walking through something that obscured my vision. My eyes would get sparkles on the backs of my corneas trying to adjust to it. My friend felt cold spots, but I always felt like I was burning up and get nauseated. It was like I was imploding from the inside and both times I've had to walk out of there fast because it just got worse and worse. The longest time I've been able to stay up there was ten minutes. Once outside I was fine. I wanted to go back to see if I would feel the same sensations and it never changes. I don't want to go back again because it's literaly crippling. There is a young woman who lives up there and I don't see how she stands it, unless she's just immune from the hauntings. I'm so sensetive to it I can't even stay up there for a few minutes before it starts getting to me. I also notice there are hardly any tenants living there on those floors. There are several rooms that have been boarded up and had the keyholes blocked even. The few I can see in are empty. That's disturbing in itself.

I want to finish this on the note that if anyone has stayed there or know anyone who has who's had things happen, I'd like to hear about it. If you don't want to say anything here, you can email me.

*Editor's note: For the last two years, each floor, including the elevator, has had keypads installed on each floor so people not living there can't just go walking around on the floors anymore. I was very frustrated last year when I tried looking around only to find I couldn't even get past the lobby without knowing the code! So no more explorations of this place for me or anyone else unless they live there or are a professional ghost investigator with permission.

post-78195-1221630350_thumb.jpg

The Peeping Tom ghost

I'll just copy and paste what I put over on my I Am Haunted site. Yes, this really happened, lol!

The Smith Avenue Apartments

by Ghostmagnet

Now we're getting to the really interesting stuff. In 1991, I lived in a courtyard apartment on a quiet block of Nampa, Idaho. What's even more disturbing than being haunted by a ghost involved in a double murder/suicide is actually KNOWING him before he dies.

At the time, I'd been in my mid 20s. This guy looked like he was in his early 20s...I never had any reason to talk to him because he was a stalker and a peeping tom. Not exactly someone I'd want to get to know. He was a good looking kid, but that's besides the point. He was also a psycho. I'd catch him stooping by my bedroom window after finishing phone conversations that I thought were private. I'd open the curtains because I heard a noise and find this guy running away hunched over on the white gravel that lined the strip of ground that served as our meager backyard. Not very discreet, was he? Even more unnerving, he lived just two doors across the parking lot from me.

It all came to an end, or so I thought, in a few months in the fall. I was watching TV and heard all this commotion outside. So I open the door and see an ambulance, a firetruck and police cars crowding the driveway. I watch as three bodies are carried to the ambulance covered in sheets, and know something serious is up. The cops won't tell me anything, so I ask the landlady who's standing next to me what's going on. She said the kid that lived in that apartment just killed two women who were fighting over him and then himself. I know it's the same guy because there are no more intrusions to my privacy after that.

At least not in THAT form.

Now get this, there was ANOTHER guy who committed suicide in the basement apartment behind me, but that was later and I didn't learn about it until years after I moved out. Shortly after the first murders, I moved out and then moved back into the basement one in September of 1992. That's where the hauntings took place. I was there for five months. I wish I'd left after the first incident.

I always got a bad feeling about the bedroom. The feeling would come and go, but it was there even in the daytime. I felt watched in there, especially around the back walls for some reason. After three weeks of moving in, I saw the ghost. He woke me up in the middle of the night coming through the back wall and hovering over me, a black, swirly cloudy featureless form with no eyes. Long, skinny and kind of a rectangular ugly head. So he must have had a crew cut or short hair when he was alive. He tried to land on/enter me, but he couldn't. I screamed at him to get out and he back up into the wall, staring at me with his eyeless face the whole time. As he melted into the wall, he seemed to fade away. The second manifestation was me being woke up by a very physical pressure of someone sitting on the side of my bed. Even my legs rolled over onto the form. I was terrified and woke up to find no one there. That was when I started sleeping in the living room. A couple years ago, I learned that some guy had killed himself in that apartment.

Wow, very creepy. A faceless ghost? That's extremely freaky! :blink: Must've been pretty scary.

One more, The Idanha Hotel/Apartments, Boise Idaho:

You won't find much information about this place on the net, so I'll tell you what I was told and what I've experienced for myself.

There were three murders in this hotel and one assassination attempt on a state governer in 1901. As for the murders, one was a bellhop on the fourth floor and an old man who stepped outside his room at the wrong time. You can still see the spattered bloodstains trailing from door to door in one section of the hall from these. But the worst one was what happened on the sixth floor. This is where the most ominous and energy draining presence is, and I have other problems when I go up there. There are also bloodstains in front of certain doors on that floor. The man who runs the art exhibit in the basement gallery told me a couple months ago that janitors have tried and tried to get the stains out, but they always come back. Shades of Canterbury Ghost here.

Woah, this place sounds really huanted! Btw I only quoted the start cause your post was really long, yet extremely interesting. ^_^ If I could I'd investigate there, but 1 I'm only 13 (turning 14 in 3 days! ^_^ ) and 2 I live in Australia, so that's a long way away. Lol ^_^ .

well i've had quiet a few experiences but the one im submitting was a physical one

Me and a friend who had recently moved had alot of houses being built up around him (mostly grassland but there were 6 houses being built nearby) , so we decided to go exploring the empty houses (the builders would leave the doors unlocked). Now this one particular house , he had decided to go around the outside and me in the inside.

When entering one particular room (a future bedroom i guess from the design) I began to feel nervous for no real reason, i could hear my heart beating in my chest yet there was no real reason for it; I saw my friend outside the house (he walked past the window) , so I decided to get out and trust my instinct that something was amiss.

As i was leaving , a stone comes flying from the bedroom (as in something chucked it) and hits a wall near me , as if It was a warning to stay away/get out.

Never the less after that i decided no more exploring empty houses.

Weird thing is, the house was recently built so there shouldn't be any haunting's or anything

Just the same i learned my lesson, not going on other peoples property without permission.

As others here will tell you, it isn't always the building that is haunted, but the ground itself. :devil:

Many housing tracts here in the US were or are built on ancient tribal lands; Native Americans did not "own" the land, they were, and still are the lands protectors. Quite often the land was very sacred, and used as burial sights, or, after we Europeans, Asians, etc, arrived, our own forgotten cemeteries. There may well be something, or someone(?) there, only time will tell.

For your own curiositys sake keep track of how many of those new houses get sold or rented out a lot. If the one you were in gets a large rotation of tenants, then best guess is there is someone, or something, there that doesn't want company. :angry:

I know, it was a real life changing experience. I would like to know if anyone else has encountered such a thing or if there is any lore on small child looking demons. In my country, many people have encountered leperchauns or gnomes and many have been haunted by them. There was actually a breaking news video in the small town where my mom is from about a leperchaun suspending a kid in the air and scratching him. With the scratches showing up on the kids chest. Can someone maybe elaborate or explain what this thing if, if you have any info.

I recall this story too, however I can't remember whether it was on line or on sattilite hook up. Anyone else remember? :huh:

Yeah in this house everyone senses spirits in different ways, I usually hear them or feel them and sometimes I get a picture of them in my mind like its sent to me. My partner he sees them for sure and my daughter who is 5 now she sees them hears them and can interact with them. I have seen her reacting to being tickled when there is no one I can "see" doing the tickling. Call it what you like but I have had too much spooky stuff happen to question it anymore. My son doesn't seem to be very sensitive and in most ways thats a good thing I think. Between the three of us who are sensitive the sleep lost is just mind blowing :lol: .

A new kind of wierd thing that has happened today is interesting not really scary though just more unexplained. My partner works nearby at the Cadbury Factory as security and emergency responce. Today when he came to the the gardener gives him one of those postal slips that you get when you miss a delivery. Apparently he found it in the garden and funny enough it actually belonged to my mum. Wierd or what! She was only saying to me on the phone how her delivery hadn't come yet. She lives a fair way away too. We have had some high winds of late that could account for it being there we have supposed but the thing is what are the chances my partner who is the only one who would know who it belonged to would be there for the gardener to give it to? It kinda takes luck to a new level. When I told my dad this morning he was totally baffled and my mum is kinda spooked out as some other spooky stuff has been happening to her lately that made this chance event seem a little spookier than usual. Anyway she went and got the slip and her parcel end of story. Still that will play on my mind for a while.

I forgot to say that on rare occasion I have seen spirits but its only been a few times.

This sounds like a lady in Oklahoma, USA. Only it wasn't a package!

Two weeks ago she received a letter that was sent in 1971, when she had become engaged. So far no biggy, old mail showing up years later happens all the time.

However ............ :ph34r:

In the follwing week and a half she received eleven letters and two packages all dated BEFORE 1980!! :o The latest date was MAY1979, the earliest was dated JUN1959, and was a condolance card for the family on the passing of her G-Grandmother!! :huh::unsure:

Even the area PostMaster can't figure this one out. :wacko: Seems now though, that she holds the record for most late deliveries to a single customers address the PO knows about. Oh by the way, she had planned on moving to another state this week, if the letters had arrived after she moved, they may well have not been delivered at all. :blink:

As others here will tell you, it isn't always the building that is haunted, but the ground itself. :devil:

Many housing tracts here in the US were or are built on ancient tribal lands; Native Americans did not "own" the land, they were, and still are the lands protectors. Quite often the land was very sacred, and used as burial sights, or, after we Europeans, Asians, etc, arrived, our own forgotten cemeteries. There may well be something, or someone(?) there, only time will tell.

For your own curiositys sake keep track of how many of those new houses get sold or rented out a lot. If the one you were in gets a large rotation of tenants, then best guess is there is someone, or something, there that doesn't want company. :angry:

Very true, there could be a spirit who's just continuing to protect it's land. :blink:

This sounds like a lady in Oklahoma, USA. Only it wasn't a package!

Two weeks ago she received a letter that was sent in 1971, when she had become engaged. So far no biggy, old mail showing up years later happens all the time.

However ............ :ph34r:

In the follwing week and a half she received eleven letters and two packages all dated BEFORE 1980!! :o The latest date was MAY1979, the earliest was dated JUN1959, and was a condolance card for the family on the passing of her G-Grandmother!! :huh::unsure:

Even the area PostMaster can't figure this one out. :wacko: Seems now though, that she holds the record for most late deliveries to a single customers address the PO knows about. Oh by the way, she had planned on moving to another state this week, if the letters had arrived after she moved, they may well have not been delivered at all. :blink:

Very strange story, this sounds like something you'd hear about while reading a Ripley's Beleive It Or Not book. :blink:

This happened to me a few times in the house that I live in. Sometimes, when I'm walking around, in the corner of my eyes, I could see a single black shadow moving around.

This happened to me a few times in the house that I live in. Sometimes, when I'm walking around, in the corner of my eyes, I could see a single black shadow moving around.

Odd, is that the whole story or has more happened? Also do you know anything of the history of the land or house that you live in?