Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Contest 3: Freakiest Ghost Experience

Kar-zid

I don't know where you could find history about your house, does anyone know? If it's 3 and there was only one previous owner then maybe the land is haunted... :blink:

Quite Possible, yes, or like as i said, this could be a halfway point or portal here as it seems things kinda go up and down, and maybe three here are watchers, or came here and liked the area, who knows, not sure. All i know is one's name is Lilith and i'm curious to find out who this lilith is and where she comes from, i did some research and i'm going to do a test sometime.

hey, well i guess ill just sum up my experience,

lets see i have two, the first one is the one i will enter.

When i was little, i dont remember how old i was, but i remember we took a trip to mexico. WE stayed at my grandparents house and it was a regular night over their, me and my cousin went outside to go get some close my aunt wanted us to get from a clothes line. It was dark outside so we went scare already i guess, the lights from the house stopped right at the end of the clothes, but was we reached for them we saw i guess a demon or the devil. I know it wasnt an animal since at that time no one near the house had or raised animals. We saw a hoove like a goat and a chicken leg and a tail which at the end look like a spade. all red

We dreak out and ran towards the house but the creature came towards us before we ran off to the point we saw its knee. We know it wasnt anyone tryign to scare us and we knew what it was, to this day people doubt us.

the second experience, which is not my summited story takes pl;ace around 3rd grade i guess, when i was at my dad's and i went to go to the rest room, right as i closed the door with teh lock and started going towards the toiler i hard a voice that no i know could mimic or even have say "Hello, how are you doing" i got so dam scared i ran to my dad and told him about it, he got his weapon of choice and we got baxck to the room and scouted the whole building to see if it was anyone, we couldnt find anyone.

This is probably the freakiest thing that has happened to me. My story lasted several years. A friend of mine and myself was a little too interested in the Ouija board. We first were in her basement, sitting on a pool table, when we asked whom we were speaking to, a poof a smoke with what appeared to be a face in it appeared on the board. After that, the tv turned on and off and all the lights in the basement starting flickering. From that point on, every time I would use any Ouija board, I would contact the same person....JAZZ. (Has anyone else had contact with this spirit?) Another time I was on the Ouija with other friends, we were sitting in front of a fireplace. Well, we asked the all time most idiotic question of: prove you are here. Well, wind started blowing fiercely in the fireplace. Upon looking outside, the trees were not moving....at all! Then the lights flickered and we heard the sound of footsteps. Needless to say we all hightailed it down to the basement, grabbed brooms and other objects and I lead the way back upstairs so we could beat whatever that was making the noise. Of course we never found anything. After this happened, I vowed never to use the Ouija again. Everything was relatively quiet for about a decade until I had been on my own for 4 years. When I got home everyday, I'd check the caller ID. The following was listed as a phonecall received: JAZZ 000-000-0000 I threw the phone and left the house.

The 'Poof of Smoke' reminded me of something that my sister told me but I did not ever see the photo myself.

My Aunt and Uncle hired a couple to work for them and they were to stay in the servant's quarters which was attached to a large garage. The couple asked to have a Priest bless their new home, before they moved in.

My sister said that someone took pictures and one of the pics was of the Priest, reading from the Bible and you could see a whisp of smoke coming from the Book. The wisp of smoke was not on the negative, just all the photos that were produced and reproduced.

My sister is 10 yrs older than me and we've been through many experiences together. I do not doubt what she says.

I used to walk every night in this dark street whenever i'm coming home. Actually i just prefer to go into this road because the other way is quite muddy, dark, narrow and the street is busy and very noisy because of the tricycle are everywhere!, another thing why i prefer to walk is to avoid being ripped off by the tricycle drivers.

The problem with this road it is soooooo quiet, dark, and the walk is longer compared to the other road. Whenever i'm walking there at night time i always have that feeling that i'm being watched by something or sometimes i would here footsteps behind me, even thouh no one's there, sometimes i hear some weird noises there such as hush but usually i just dismissed that as sound of the wind...(although it sounds weird)

The first few nights i walk there i notice this one particular light post would go turn off whenever I'm coming near, and the light would come back when I'm 1 block from it. At first i thought that bulb is starting to deteriorate or there must be a rational explanation to it ( Trying my best to ignore the creepiness of the situation). One night i whispered to myself while walking on my way home " please don't turn off the lights", and the the light flickered, not just it only turned off it flashing like crazy!!! For some reason i didn't get scared as if i'm saying "ok then, that's what you want...ok, no problem" But when I'm home, i slept with the lights on! One night while i was walking i felt a pebble hit my head, i looked up,check if someone is behind or there might be something causing it, there's no wind, and there is no one, I just continue walking and tried to walk as fast as i could.

My friend who claimed that she can see things said that there is a mischievous entity on that place, it is also confirmed by my brother's friend who can also see some weird things.... that is one of my few experiences with the unknown, i'll share some of them here later on...

Edited by contavida

ive got to say it was the most terrifying experience of my life, its the most unpleasent paranormal encounter ive ever had

I had to read the story several times only because the author told oit so well. I thought mine was scary. Can I have a jacket now to warm my goose bumps up?

Seriously You're braver than I would have been, honest. :o

re: property history? :rofl:

Any Abstract-Title Company in your town can help you. There will be a fee, or they may be able to put you in touch with anyone who knew or is/was related to the owners who may still around.

The local historical society may also be able to help. I do genealogy too ;) .

Wow, "JR" seems to be highly sensitive, and I guess there might be some restless spirits from the blast. Oddly enough I have never heard of this event (the blast I mean), but I live in Aus, not the US. I don't blame her for not going back to the SS office, if I had seen what she had saw I'd keep my distance too.

Anyone who wants to know more about the Oklahoma City Memorial & Museum (Aflred P. Murrah Building bombing) can go online to the address below.

There are others, but this is the offical website: :innocent:

www://www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org

I made one large error, there were only 168 killed, not the 192 I mentioned. :(

I think this is only my 1st or 2nd post on here and this isn't much compared to some of the other experiences people have had but I thought I'd share anyway.

This was about 6 or 7 years ago and I was in the basement of the house I lived in at the time...it was a finished basement and thats where the computer was. I knew there was one ghost there, but she was totally benevolent and never worried me...I'd just see her out to the corner of my eye and sometimes things would be moved (she liked to shut my cat in the bathroom, lol). But I had never felt anything negative down there. It was about 9 pm and I was home alone (of course) working on the computer. I saw/felt something move behind me and turned slightly to look and all of the sudden a heavy black shadow come from behind me and then through me and then pass ahead down the hallway out of sight. When it went through me, I felt this incredible overwhelming sense of wrongness and anger...to the point where I physically fell forward onto the desk and had pain and nausea running through my body for a minute or two. About 10 second after it happened, my cat (the same one the other ghost shuts in the bathroom), walked over towards the hallway where it had gone, and then hissed, puffed up and then ran full speed back the way he came. Of course, the direction the thing had gone was the same direction as the only way out of the basement, so I was terrified to move. I sat there at the computer for another 10-15 minutes and then booked it full speed down the hall and up the stairs. I never felt anything like that again in that house (and my parents still live there and have never felt anything) so I can only assume it was just something passing through, but I was afraid to be home alone there for months. I also didn't see or feel the benevolent ghost down there at all for several weeks after that, which was really unusual.

I'm glad you decided to use your first post here to tell us of you're very odd experience! ^_^ Maybe the benovolent ghost wanted to make itself more noticable, and didn't appear again maybe because it thought it had gone overboard. Or maybe it only did small things to get your attention, and the big thing was to try and make you listent o it... I don't know. ^_^

ROLMAO! I almost wet myself when I read this. :lol::D

:D You nearly had an 'accident.

(((get it, accident? like I said before? :lol: )))

P.S. Jokes are lame if you have to explain them. Dang. LOL ^_^

through the door

Wha? :huh:

Quite Possible, yes, or like as i said, this could be a halfway point or portal here as it seems things kinda go up and down, and maybe three here are watchers, or came here and liked the area, who knows, not sure. All i know is one's name is Lilith and i'm curious to find out who this lilith is and where she comes from, i did some research and i'm going to do a test sometime.

Tell us what happens when you do the test! ^_^ You could be right, very interesting...

hey, well i guess ill just sum up my experience,

lets see i have two, the first one is the one i will enter.

When i was little, i dont remember how old i was, but i remember we took a trip to mexico. WE stayed at my grandparents house and it was a regular night over their, me and my cousin went outside to go get some close my aunt wanted us to get from a clothes line. It was dark outside so we went scare already i guess, the lights from the house stopped right at the end of the clothes, but was we reached for them we saw i guess a demon or the devil. I know it wasnt an animal since at that time no one near the house had or raised animals. We saw a hoove like a goat and a chicken leg and a tail which at the end look like a spade. all red

We dreak out and ran towards the house but the creature came towards us before we ran off to the point we saw its knee. We know it wasnt anyone tryign to scare us and we knew what it was, to this day people doubt us.

the second experience, which is not my summited story takes pl;ace around 3rd grade i guess, when i was at my dad's and i went to go to the rest room, right as i closed the door with teh lock and started going towards the toiler i hard a voice that no i know could mimic or even have say "Hello, how are you doing" i got so dam scared i ran to my dad and told him about it, he got his weapon of choice and we got baxck to the room and scouted the whole building to see if it was anyone, we couldnt find anyone.

Very odd... The first experience I have no clue what it could've been. It sounds a little like a cryptid sighting though... And the second sounds weird. If no one else was there then the voice couldn't have been there... Thankls for sharing! ^_^

Wow, "JR" seems to be highly sensitive, and I guess there might be some restless spirits from the blast. Oddly enough I have never heard of this event (the blast I mean), but I live in Aus, not the US. I don't blame her for not going back to the SS office, if I had seen what she had saw I'd keep my distance too.

Anyone who wants to know more about the Oklahoma City Memorial & Museum (Aflred P. Murrah Building bombing) can go online to the address below.

There are others, but this is the offical website: :innocent:

www://www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org

I made one large error, there were only 168 killed, not the 192 I mentioned. :(

That's a very tragic event. 168 is a lot. :(

Edited by Kar-zid

I'm glad you decided to use your first post here to tell us of you're very odd experience! ^_^ Maybe the benovolent ghost wanted to make itself more noticable, and didn't appear again maybe because it thought it had gone overboard. Or maybe it only did small things to get your attention, and the big thing was to try and make you listent o it... I don't know. ^_^

It was definately a different spirit...the energy was completely different...very male, very heavy and very negative, but with no other details I could discern, where as the "good" ghost is a 40-ish woman, playful but positive, has short-ish curly red/blond hair and wears overalls...or at least thats the impression I get from her. When this happened, I was going through a period where I was very open to energy, but not able to block much out at all (something I've luckily figured out how to do most of the time) so I was normally able to get a good sense of the general intentions and temperament of spirits (and people) I encountered and this was the only truly negative, non-living being I ran into (met plenty of not-so-nice live humans that gave me similar, yet not as intense, feelings though). Can't help but feel, since I never sensed him again, that whatever it was (ghost, being, etc) was jsut passing through and we happened to overlap for a few seconds. Still, I don't like knowing that there is anything like that walking around, though, reading others' experiences, "my" dark spirit seems to have some company.

It was definately a different spirit...the energy was completely different...very male, very heavy and very negative, but with no other details I could discern, where as the "good" ghost is a 40-ish woman, playful but positive, has short-ish curly red/blond hair and wears overalls...or at least thats the impression I get from her. When this happened, I was going through a period where I was very open to energy, but not able to block much out at all (something I've luckily figured out how to do most of the time) so I was normally able to get a good sense of the general intentions and temperament of spirits (and people) I encountered and this was the only truly negative, non-living being I ran into (met plenty of not-so-nice live humans that gave me similar, yet not as intense, feelings though). Can't help but feel, since I never sensed him again, that whatever it was (ghost, being, etc) was jsut passing through and we happened to overlap for a few seconds. Still, I don't like knowing that there is anything like that walking around, though, reading others' experiences, "my" dark spirit seems to have some company.

Interesting, have you actually seen the spirit in full form? I mean have you seen it when it looked like a person and not a shadow? And did you take any pictures? ^_^

Interesting, have you actually seen the spirit in full form? I mean have you seen it when it looked like a person and not a shadow? And did you take any pictures? ^_^

I saw her a few times, out of the corner of my eye, as she moved between rooms...but its more that I get a very clear image of her in my head whenever she is around. Its not a physical sighting 99% of the time and when it is, it has never been enough to get a clear view of her, but I've always "known" what she looks like. The last few times I've been there, I haven't had much of a sense of her (also haven't spent a lot of time in that area of the house, whihc might explain it) but, according to my mom, the cats still look at and respond to something my mom can't see and Buster still gets locked in the bathroom once every few months or so...the cool part about that is that most of the time the door is propped open with a brick but when he gets shut in, the brick will be moved out of the way. I honestly never thought about taking pictures or trying evps or anything like that... I was very interested in all this when I was younger but then sort of forgot about it for a bit and am only now becoming interested again. Next time I am there, I think I will try inviting her to show herself and then taking a few pictures and try for some evps.

"through the Door"

i might have said that a bit unexplained, um not through the closet door but my room door. heh very confusing.

I saw her a few times, out of the corner of my eye, as she moved between rooms...but its more that I get a very clear image of her in my head whenever she is around. Its not a physical sighting 99% of the time and when it is, it has never been enough to get a clear view of her, but I've always "known" what she looks like. The last few times I've been there, I haven't had much of a sense of her (also haven't spent a lot of time in that area of the house, whihc might explain it) but, according to my mom, the cats still look at and respond to something my mom can't see and Buster still gets locked in the bathroom once every few months or so...the cool part about that is that most of the time the door is propped open with a brick but when he gets shut in, the brick will be moved out of the way. I honestly never thought about taking pictures or trying evps or anything like that... I was very interested in all this when I was younger but then sort of forgot about it for a bit and am only now becoming interested again. Next time I am there, I think I will try inviting her to show herself and then taking a few pictures and try for some evps.

Awesome, tell us if you catch anything! And if the pics do have something in them post them here. ^_^

"through the Door"

i might have said that a bit unexplained, um not through the closet door but my room door. heh very confusing.

Oh, right. Thanks for explaining! ^_^ LOL.

this is wierd, *shivers* i turned around last night and saw a blue light and as quick as i saw it, it had dissapeared.....*shivers* creepy...(anything i post that happens, i'm just sharing)

this is wierd, *shivers* i turned around last night and saw a blue light and as quick as i saw it, it had dissapeared.....*shivers* creepy...(anything i post that happens, i'm just sharing)

Very weird... I wonder what tthe light was, maybe it was an orb... :blink:

I've had a lot of strange experiences since I was a kid, more than I think most people. I don't know why this is, and I don't even claim to know if it is ghosts or not. I admit I don't know. Maybe it is something about physics we do not understand yet. One of my best friends is a doctor in molecular physics so we talk about this stuff all the time.

When I was a kid my sister and I would lay in bed with the radio on and I would yell, "turn down" and the volume would lower. I would yell, "turn up" and it would go way up. We would do this with the tv and other stuff too. I also saw this little boy "Paul" who everyone else would play along with they saw, like he was an imaginary friend, but he was really there to me. Only years later did I find out that I was the only one who could see him, with the exception of one of my friends who would scream and run when he saw him.

As a teen things started getting even weirder. Knocking on my walls, apparitions, objects flying across the room by themselves, stuff getting knocked off my dresser while I prayed at night. I also felt a presence in the corner of my room. I dreamt of it and saw this weird demon creature. I don't know what it was. I never told anyone about it until a friend was staying over and she woke up in the middle of the night crying that there was a demon in the corner of my room, and she even described to me exactly what it looked like.

More weird **** started happening, like scratches on the walls, once I got knocked into the bathroom sink because the closet door slammed opened really hard and into me while I was bent over.

But the freakest thing, and this will be the one I submit, was this one night that has scared me every night since. I went to bed a little bit later than everyone else because I was up watching Saturday Night Live. I laid down in bed, turned off the light, and stretched my arms above my head. Immediatly I felt a shock through me as ice cold, boney fingers grabbed a hold of my left hand. I tried to scream but nothing came out. I tried to move but I couldn't. It felt like and eternity that this ice cold hand just pulled my fingers. Somehow I found the strength to reach over with my right hand and turn on the light, all the while my other hand was immobilized by this ice cold grip. As soon as the light came on it let go. I looked at the top of my bed where I kept a bunch of pillows lined up in a neat pile. Where the hand grabbed me there was a break inbetween two pillows just big enough for an arm to fit through. I freaked and jumped as far out of bed as I could and went crying to my parents room. Mind you, I was 16 years old and normally wouldn't go boohooing to my mommy and daddy, but I was scared ****less. They, of course, told me I was dreaming, or probably just grabbed my hand with my other hand and didn't realize it. I knew this wasn't possible. I hadn't even been asleep. I just laid my head down, and how could it have been my other hand if I turned the light on with it? I kept rubbing my hand with the other one trying to get that cold, boney feeling off of it. I then went to my sisters room, who didn't quite believe me either, but let me sleep on her floor.

I ended up seeing a psychiatrist who did all these tests and ended up saying I was lying for attention because I was depressed, and he sent me home with anti-depressants.

It wasn't until I met my husband that someone else started really believing me about all this weird stuff. We've had a ton of strange experiences since, which I may share, but nothing as horrifying to me, personally, as that night.

Edited by 315

I've had a lot of strange experiences since I was a kid, more than I think most people. I don't know why this is, and I don't even claim to know if it is ghosts or not. I admit I don't know. Maybe it is something about physics we do not understand yet. One of my best friends is a doctor in molecular physics so we talk about this stuff all the time.

When I was a kid my sister and I would lay in bed with the radio on and I would yell, "turn down" and the volume would lower. I would yell, "turn up" and it would go way up. We would do this with the tv and other stuff too. I also saw this little boy "Paul" who everyone else would play along with they saw, like he was an imaginary friend, but he was really there to me. Only years later did I find out that I was the only one who could see him, with the exception of one of my friends who would scream and run when he saw him.

As a teen things started getting even weirder. Knocking on my walls, apparitions, objects flying across the room by themselves, stuff getting knocked off my dresser while I prayed at night. I also felt a presence in the corner of my room. I dreamt of it and saw this weird demon creature. I don't know what it was. I never told anyone about it until a friend was staying over and she woke up in the middle of the night crying that there was a demon in the corner of my room, and she even described to me exactly what it looked like.

More weird **** started happening, like scratches on the walls, once I got knocked into the bathroom sink because the closet door slammed opened really hard and into me while I was bent over.

But the freakest thing, and this will be the one I submit, was this one night that has scared me every night since. I went to bed a little bit later than everyone else because I was up watching Saturday Night Live. I laid down in bed, turned off the light, and stretched my arms above my head. Immediatly I felt a shock through me as ice cold, boney fingers grabbed a hold of my left hand. I tried to scream but nothing came out. I tried to move but I couldn't. It felt like and eternity that this ice cold hand just pulled my fingers. Somehow I found the strength to reach over with my right hand and turn on the light, all the while my other hand was immobilized by this ice cold grip. As soon as the light came on it let go. I looked at the top of my bed where I kept a bunch of pillows lined up in a neat pile. Where the hand grabbed me there was a break inbetween two pillows just big enough for an arm to fit through. I freaked and jumped as far out of bed as I could and went crying to my parents room. Mind you, I was 16 years old and normally wouldn't go boohooing to my mommy and daddy, but I was scared ****less. They, of course, told me I was dreaming, or probably just grabbed my hand with my other hand and didn't realize it. I knew this wasn't possible. I hadn't even been asleep. I just laid my head down, and how could it have been my other hand if I turned the light on with it? I kept rubbing my hand with the other one trying to get that cold, boney feeling off of it. I then went to my sisters room, who didn't quite believe me either, but let me sleep on her floor.

I ended up seeing a psychiatrist who did all these tests and ended up saying I was lying for attention because I was depressed, and he sent me home with anti-depressants.

It wasn't until I met my husband that someone else started really believing me about all this weird stuff. We've had a ton of strange experiences since, which I may share, but nothing as horrifying to me, personally, as that night.

That's a freaky experience, at first I thought it was just another case of SP, but if the feeling stayed when you were reaching over to turn on the light then it couldn't have been SP... Very odd...

That's a freaky experience, at first I thought it was just another case of SP, but if the feeling stayed when you were reaching over to turn on the light then it couldn't have been SP... Very odd...

Yeah, I wish it was sleep Paralysis. I've had a phobia of beds and the dark since then. It took me years to be able to sleep in a bed, and I still leave the light on at night. My husband was annoyed with that when we first met, but now that he has experienced some of my "weirdness" (that's what everyone calls it) he doesn't mind the light on. I ask myself, "what's there to be afraid of?" That helps a little. But I feel like a freak and I stay away from the edges of the bed all the time. I just bought a bed a little over a year ago. We just slept on a mattress on the floor for years, even though we had the money to buy nice furniture. I'm 32 years old and afraid of the monster under my bed. lol That sounds so stupid.