Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama 'Borrowing' Phrases in His Speeches

Captain Megaton

Obama has been 'borrowing' phrases:

'We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Just words?' - Massachusetts Governor Patrick Deval 10/15/06

'We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Just words?' - Barack Obama 1/16/08

'We hold these truths to be self evident. Just words?' - Massachusetts Governor Patrick Deval 10/15/06

'We hold these truths to be self evident. Just words?' - Barack Obama 1/16/08

'I have a dream. Just words?' - Massachusetts Governor Patrick Deval 10/15/06

'I have a dream. Just words?' - Barack Obama 1/16/08

:angry::angry::angry:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HKCavalier

• Lt_Ripley

• keithisco

• supercar

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama has been 'borrowing' phrases:

'We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Just words?' - Massachusetts Governor Patrick Deval 10/15/06

'We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Just words?' - Barack Obama 1/16/08

'We hold these truths to be self evident. Just words?' - Massachusetts Governor Patrick Deval 10/15/06

'We hold these truths to be self evident. Just words?' - Barack Obama 1/16/08

'I have a dream. Just words?' - Massachusetts Governor Patrick Deval 10/15/06

'I have a dream. Just words?' - Barack Obama 1/16/08

:angry::angry::angry:

... FDR was quoted as saying “Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself” in his First Inaugural Address ...

... most Americans should know this....

Ancient history. Deval is a close friend of Obama's who recommended he use the same rhetorical gambit on Hillary that Deval had used against his opponent 2 years before. So they quote the same great American speeches and Obama "plagiarizes" 2 FREAKIN' WORDS! :rolleyes: And this is evidence that Obama is unfit for office? :rofl:

Pathetic.... just pathetic.... :sleepy:

These phrases, uttered by great men and leaders are impossible to plagiarise because I figure just about everybody in the western world knows their source,

This is possibly the most pathetic and pointless attempt to slur Obama yet, but I am sure the reps have more "hold the front page" insights to share with us....

Now guys...If this is all you find I see a bleak future for Reps come September....

... FDR was quoted as saying ...........

How DARE you use the term "FDR," since it includes Roosevelt's middle name initial. Otherwise, it might become convenient to refer to Barrack Hussein Obama as BHO. Oh the humanity!

So they quote the same great American speeches and Obama "plagiarizes" 2 FREAKIN' WORDS!

Did you watch the video? It's more than just two words.

at least he didn't phone it in like McCain did

John McCain Gives 18 Minute Phone Speech - To Dead Air

By: Logan Murphy on Saturday, June 28th, 2008 at 3:00 PM - PDT

LA Times:

Although John McCain was stumping in Ohio on Friday, his campaign arranged for him to talk by phone to leaders of B’nai B’rith International, a major Jewish group, who were meeting in Ottawa. Reporters were invited to dial in to the conference call at 3 p.m. to listen.

McCain soon came on the line and launched into his spiel. “Thank you for all the good you do,” he began. Then silence.

Finally, the voice announced that McCain was on the road and had lost his cellphone signal. “We’ll just have to wait,” the voice counseled.

Someone hummed a ditty into the phone. More minutes passed. Finally, at 3:18, McCain came back on the line.”Where did you lose me?” he asked.

“We lost you at the very beginning,” he was told. “You gave your whole speech and you didn’t know you weren’t connected to us.”

“I’m so sorry,” McCain replied. “I’m very sorry. I’ll do it again.” Read on…

That must have been one awkward moment. Not to promote the company, but THIS automatically came to mind. Senator McCain isn’t real hip to modern technology, but he is aware of the internet and how much the young kids love it. Wow.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/06/28/j...ch-to-dead-air/

Pathetic.... just pathetic.... :sleepy:

These phrases, uttered by great men and leaders are impossible to plagiarise because I figure just about everybody in the western world knows their source,

This is possibly the most pathetic and pointless attempt to slur Obama yet, but I am sure the reps have more "hold the front page" insights to share with us....

lmao. this is what the desperate do when they have nothing to run on or with.

wait till the debates !!! McCain will blow his top. prove himself unstable .

You really can't blame him. He just reads word for word what comes across on the tele-prompter.

You really can't blame him. He just reads word for word what comes across on the tele-prompter.

Well... judging by the silence from McCain (I'm a hero) then he cant even read teleprompters!!!

Did you watch the video? It's more than just two words.

I was talking about the "Just words" speech. Now that I have watched the entire, tiresome video, I see that Obama is being attacked for his vocabulary, and for using clichés. Using clichés is not plagiarism. Using the same vocabulary as someone else is not plagiarism. Those of us who are familiar with Malcolm X's speeches knew Obama was alluding to him. Obama's audience knew why he was using the words "hoodwinked" and "bamboozling." Does anyone seriously imagine that Oprah was quoting The Matrix when she said Obama was "the one?" I'm surprised the video didn't show clips from Highlander and Jet Li's The One, fer cryin' out loud! C'mon, get your sources right, people! :rofl:

I love it. "there can be only one". :D

Republicans- There can be only two.... one master.......one apprentice...

Umm don't all politicians hire people to write their speeches anyways?