Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gallup poll shows Obama-McCain gap widening

Lt_Ripley

I just find it interesting that someone who claims to understand the bias of each and every news station seems to have views that fall exactly in line with perhaps the most biased of them all.

Please tell me you realize the inherent bias in CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, PBR, and college faculties across the nation. Please tell me you don't just believe in one network's commentary slant (not its news, but its commentary).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Incorrigible1

• -Scratch-

• AROCES

• ninjadude

I just find it interesting that someone who claims to understand the bias of each and every news station seems to have views that fall exactly in line with perhaps the most biased of them all. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I'm willing to bet you wouldn't have such a problem with all this "unfair" media coverage if there were more stations that did fall in line with your views. It's impossible to report news without a bias, just the act of reporting (or not reporting) represents a bias towards a particular candidate or issue. If you understand this, then get over it and continue forming your own opinions (which is what I was doubting in my first reply).

I havent claimed anything, i provided a link to a story where a reporter investigated campaign contributions and the media, and formed an opinion from the results of the investigation.

Theres nothing to "get over" seeing as i simply responded to your post, and am doing so again.

Frankly, i would see a bias in any other way and most likely point it out, considering that i like to be well informed and not 'fed' what someone else wants me to know.

True, my opinions fall in line with republican ideas. But thats only because i believe in the responsibility the individual, Not overwhelming government 'help', which are issues at the core of each party respectively. GOP=Government Opposition Party, Democrat= bigger government. Which is why the system should work, but unfortunately isnt always fair.

True, my opinions fall in line with republican ideas. But thats only because i believe in the responsibility the individual, Not overwhelming government 'help', which are issues at the core of each party respectively. GOP=Government Opposition Party, Democrat= bigger government. Which is why the system should work, but unfortunately isnt always fair.

"But thats only because i believe in the responsibility of the individual, Not overwhelming government 'help' "

The same applies for me, but the Republican regime of the past eight years have flown entirely in the face of that notion. None too many spending bills have been vetoed, and, without meaning to impugn drunken sailors, well, you get my point.

Sadly, I see very little difference between the two parties.

July 28, 2008

Gallup Daily: Obama 48%, McCain 40%

No further gains for Obama in latest update

PRINCETON, NJ -- Barack Obama's lead over John McCain has settled back slightly to a 48% to 40% margin among registered voters in Gallup Poll Daily tracking conducted July 25-27.

Gallup Daily: McCain, Obama Remain Tied

Each receives 44% of vote in latest update

August 2, 2008

Barack Obama and John McCain each receive 44% of the vote in the latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking presidential trial heat of nationwide registered voters. This is the second consecutive day the candidates have been exactly tied.

http://www.gallup.com/tag/Election%2B2008.aspx

Well, whatever.

All I know is the 40% of those polled should be ashamed of themselves.

Sadly, I see very little difference between the two parties.

well, at least the steriotypes are there...

unfortunately comprimise is often lop-sided. and they all get the same blame.

I dont think this round of presidental election will produce anything different either way, but i will vote to start the ball rolling in the right direction.

Please tell me you realize the inherent bias in CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, PBR, and college faculties across the nation. Please tell me you don't just believe in one network's commentary slant (not its news, but its commentary).

I havent claimed anything, i provided a link to a story where a reporter investigated campaign contributions and the media, and formed an opinion from the results of the investigation.

Theres nothing to "get over" seeing as i simply responded to your post, and am doing so again.

Frankly, i would see a bias in any other way and most likely point it out, considering that i like to be well informed and not 'fed' what someone else wants me to know.

You're both pretty good at "graciously avoiding" points yourselves. Incorrigible, I'm going to assume you only read my comment regarding Fox news and instantly hit the reply button. If you had read the rest of my post, you would have realized that I readily acknowledged the bias of every media source:

It's impossible to report news without a bias, just the act of reporting (or not reporting) represents a bias towards a particular candidate or issue. If you understand this, then get over it and continue forming your own opinions (which is what I was doubting in my first reply).

To say Fox News only has unfair bias in their commentary and not their reporting of the news represents a complete lack of knowledge of the stunts they've pulled. They're biased in both their commentary and their reporting, and at points it's so bad that it pretty much makes up for any slight lean to the left of the other news sources.

Scratch, perhaps I was wrong to assume you only watch Fox news, but my points still stand (which apparently you ignored or did not read). What you should get over is the fact that media has bias, not the fact that you posted a report. If you can recognize the bias so easily and are above it, then why complain about it? That's like people eatting fast food every day and complaining about how unhealthy it is.

Obama has never "scrambled" for a position or flip flop as readily as you rant about. His positions on issues are long, detailed and available on his website. He speaks about them constantly. In fact you're actually describing McCain. His position varies depending on who he is talking to. If he's talking to gays - he's pro gay. IF he's talking to the religious right - he hates gays. I could go on an on. In fact his campaign recently has started "correcting" his positions after he's made them publicly. He repeatedly does not know that czechoslovakia is not longer a country. He repeatedly can't tell the difference between shia and sunni. He is living in the cold war in his mind. In fact, based on statements he made today, he just has a "war" mentality when referring to domestic problems in New York City.

I'm not against drilling for oil and Obama is not either. Considering that we already have huge tracts of land that are available NOW for drilling and are NOT being drilled - your whole republican argument for drilling is ludicrous. Why not rant at the oil companies for not drilling in existing leases?

Maybe the oil companies are not drilling in those areas, because there isn't any oil there.

First you say that your not against drilling for oil, and neither is Obama....then you say the Republican argument for drilling is ludicrous. Talk about taking both sides of an issue.

So they are in Syria? Why didn't you go there instead then?

Clearly they are not in Iraq or one would think Bush would have made a big deal of saying that over and over again.

Why would I go to Syria? Anyone who says that Saddam never had WMD's is either lying or ignorant...or both.

First you say that your not against drilling for oil, and neither is Obama....then you say the Republican argument for drilling is ludicrous. Talk about taking both sides of an issue.

The Republican argument for drilling is ludicrous as any informed observer should be aware by now:

EIA:

The projections in the OCS access case indicate that access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030. Leasing would begin no sooner than 2012, and production would not be expected to start before 2017. Total domestic production of crude oil from 2012 through 2030 in the OCS access case is projected to be 1.6 percent higher than in the reference case, and 3 percent higher in 2030 alone, at 5.6 million barrels per day. For the lower 48 OCS, annual crude oil production in 2030 is projected to be 7 percent higher—2.4 million barrels per day in the OCS access case compared with 2.2 million barrels per day in the reference case (Figure 20). Because oil prices are determined on the international market, however, any impact on average wellhead prices is expected to be insignificant.

linked-image

Edited by Startraveler

I'm against offshore drilling because it won't solve a gd thing.

Americans purchasing American drilled oil isn't a good thing?

Americans purchasing American drilled oil isn't a good thing?

No its bad! How will the muslims pay to have thier cars shipped over for a oil change!