Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tiny fuzzy bug

Hissie Sola

I found this strange fuzzy bug on a wall in my house and I was wondering what it was, because I've never seen it before.

It is 3 mm long and it looks a bit like some sort of caterpillar.

Here are 2 pics:

linked-image

linked-image

Does anyone know what this is? I tried searching the web, but I didn't find anything that looks like it :hmm:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hissie Sola

• fylgja

• goalienan

• Incorrigible1

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Scorpion..it sort of reminds me of a gypsy moth..We get them every so often, they thrive in trees, come in droves and eat the leaves...Not sure, but here's a picture of one... :)

Hi Scorpion..it sort of reminds me of a gypsy moth..We get them every so often, they thrive in trees, come in droves and eat the leaves...Not sure, but here's a picture of one... :)

Yes, it does look a bit like it, but the gypsy moth seems much bigger. This guy was really tiny.

Maybe it's a different kind of moth.... I'll look in to that.

EDIT: I just discovered that it might be a clothes moth! I must protect my clothes! I hope there aren't any more of them...

Anyway, mystery solved :P , thanks for pointing me in the right direction goalienan.

Edited by The_Scorpion

Yes, it does look a bit like it, but the gypsy moth seems much bigger. This guy was really tiny.

Maybe it's a different kind of moth.... I'll look in to that.

EDIT: I just discovered that it might be a clothes moth! I must protect my clothes! I hope there aren't any more of them...

Anyway, mystery solved :P , thanks for pointing me in the right direction goalienan.

Hey, no problem, as long as they didn't find your clothes yet, they can do a number on them ;)

If you like the scent of lavender your problem is solved. Perfectly natural and moths hate it! (Dried flowers or essential oil.)

EDIT: I just discovered that it might be a clothes moth! I must protect my clothes!

Ah, yes. Protect your wool sweaters and other woolens! I took precautions with my father's WWII dress uniform, placing it within a zippered clothes container with a number of mothballs. I don't the little critters munching away.

If you like the scent of lavender your problem is solved. Perfectly natural and moths hate it! (Dried flowers or essential oil.)

Oh that's a great tip, thanks! :)

I'm pretty sure I know what it is:

linked-image

Just walk without rhythm and it should leave you alone. ;)

Without rhythm, that is no problem. Grace is not an attribute for me. :wacko:

hey it does look exactly like that picture. Now I feel like I have a really filthy house (which I don't!) :o

Those sites are very interesting 315. Thanks for the links, I love identifying animals that I do not know.

Edited by The_Scorpion

I found this strange fuzzy bug on a wall in my house and I was wondering what it was, because I've never seen it before.

It is 3 mm long and it looks a bit like some sort of caterpillar.

Here are 2 pics:

linked-image

linked-image

Does anyone know what this is? I tried searching the web, but I didn't find anything that looks like it :hmm:

I'm sitting here with my 15 year old son, C.J. and he seems to believe that it's an insect in the common larval stage and that it's a house moth.