Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese Man Demonstrates Pyrokenisis.

The Wise Raven

I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6UTGkC73GE and found it rather interesting if this is legit then pyrokinetics is real,wow.

Still this guy managed to convince a skeptical doctor so I'm inclined to believe him too -if- this is truley legit.

Your thoughts? Especially you skeptics? My thoughts on pyrokinetics is rather mixed so I'm interested on what you have to say about the man.

Edited by Energia

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darkbreed

• Neognosis

• Yahveh

• Weeping Angel

very interesting. This is something I am only now beginning to study and something I am hoping for my children to begin learning when they are just a little older.

Wow. That's pretty incredible. I've never seen a demonstration like that; it seems to be one of the only legitimate ways to demonstrate a psychic power.

Haha, actually, that video is rather old. I've seen it before. I had thought that something new had come up.

If it's possible, somebody like this guy would be the one to do it, not some 13-year-old kid with an anime fetish.

This guy could be the real deal - but I'd want to test the paper towels for chemicals to be sure.

i think all this world needs is a legitamate person who can actually pull of telekinesis (or any kind of kinesis) that is proven real, and can teach it to people. only then i believe that people will start doubting it less and less once more people are able to achieve it.

i once posted a link to that video on this forum, then all the skeptics came with their reasons for why the healing worked, and they said "the foil they wrap in the paper towel has special chemicals in it", well if thats the case, then why don't doctors in the west use this healing methods if it works so good? and how does is hand go so hot. And they didn't say anything for the part about when he stands on the single sheets of paper.

While I'm not going to try and debunk it or call it fake. It is just too hard to take something from youtube too seriously for me.

While I'm not going to try and debunk it or call it fake. It is just too hard to take something from youtube too seriously for me.

Actually its from Ripleys Believe it or not, someone just put it on youtube. Dont know why that would make it less serious :huh:

I see, I must not have been paying attention. I'm at work right now so I can't really give much my full attention aside from taking these damned calls. So that's fairly interesting, I'll have to check it out again when I have more time.

i think its human nature to debunk anything, like this one quote i heard "no scientist can tell you that theres NOT fairies dancing in your backyard"

From personal experience I know the things the man i this video did is possible once you've trained yourself to the right level of energy control. Heck I actually used to do the "light walk" thing since I was a kid, growing up in an area with a lot of snow and ice so our parents told us we had to make ourselves "lighter" to not break through, and it worked, and back then I had no idea about anything spiritual or metaphysical or otherwise, for me it was just a normal think to make oneself "lighter" when crossing deep snow or thin ice. The times one tried to not get lighter, or tried the opposite and made oneself heavier, one would immediately fall through the snow or ice.

Later in my life as I've gone through all kind of occult and metaphysical and spiritual practices and studies I can also say it is possible to direct the inner energy in specific ways and use it for various purposes such as healing. That's what I use it for myself and people usually feel powerful effects during the healing and I'm not even touching their bodies, I actually find not touching the bodies seem to be more effective for some reason.

If you really want to know about energy work and healing and how to direct your energy and move it around in your body (and out of your body) I highly recommend the book Energy Work by Robert Bruce:

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Work-Healing-...t/dp/1571745408

Best regards,

Edward Alexander

I saw this on youtube too, it's really interesting.

People can not make things spontaneously get hot. They can do tricks, though.

Nor can they make themselves lighter.

darkbreed, what does your doctor say when you get on a scale five times in a row for him and change your bodyweight?

I'll answer for you. He says nothing because you can't do that.

Just bringing some reason into this fantastical thread.

Carry on.

People can not make things spontaneously get hot. They can do tricks, though.

Nor can they make themselves lighter.

darkbreed, what does your doctor say when you get on a scale five times in a row for him and change your bodyweight?

I'll answer for you. He says nothing because you can't do that.

Just bringing some reason into this fantastical thread.

Carry on.

I think that people CAN set things on fire using the art of pyrokinesis. It makes sense that if people practice it enough, they would control flames and heat.

I have seen this video before.

First off let me say that there are many things in eastern medicine that I believe have benefits for people, I think that there are many practicing doctors who are open to both eastern and western medicine ideas and use both; there are times when one is more appropriate than the other, and a good open minded doctor will know when to offer care to a patient from different sources. I have seen accupuncture work for people; I have seen accupressure work for people. I have seen them both not work for people too. Same can be said for western medicine techniques. I am open to whatever works.

As for this guy...well, I hate to break it to people, but one has to assume that everything said is true and that his hands are doing the heating. That the only thing is a piece of aluminium foil in a paper towel that is dipped in plain water. That in itself does not cause a chemical reaction to cause heat, but if the water is not pure water, well...

We are making huge assumptions when we watch the video, just as when we watch a Chris Angel video. We assume that it is just aluminum foil, a paper towel, and plain water. We have no way to know otherwise. In a Chris Angel video we assume that the crowd isnt in on the trick, but we find out that sometimes is the case. Sometimes in magic it is the most obvious assumptions that are used against us to trick us. Think about it; the paper tower, aluminum foil and water starts to steam on its own within 60 seconds of being dipped in the "water". Perhaps there is a checmical in the water that reacts with the aluminum to create heat? It doesnt take a chemistry major to figure out what would work. Aluminum powder is used in bombs...

As for the thermal camera: I have one at work, we call it a TIC(Thermal Imaging Camera) We use it to look into walls to see if fire has travelled between walls, or into crawlspaces(You can even get a readout of the temperature...if there has been a fire in a house that we have put out, we want to look for where the fire went to, but we dont want to tear apart any more of the house than we have to by ripping sheetrock off the wall to look for burned wood, so we can use the TIC to "look" through the wall to see the heat of the fire in the space between the walls. Even the change of a couple of degrees of temperature is readily aparent. I can look at a house and see where heating ducts are and spot them through the wall, and even the glow of electrical wires that are being used. TICS are very sensitive. Place your hand on the wall for a second or two, and you will leave a heat "handprint" for 20 seconds or more on the wall. I mention this because we have messed around on cold days measuring temperatures, and we found something interesting. The core of the body always stays warm, but legs and especially arms can vary quite a bit.

We had a guy whose core registered at 95*or so when the tic was pointed at his chest with jacket unzipped to check how close the temp would get to body temp. It was a chilly night in the thirties. His ungloved hands however read in the 50's. With vigorous rubbing of his hands he was able to bring it up to low 80's in a very short period of time, at most a couple of minutes. All while still in the cold night air. A 30 degree increase just by using circulation and friction. Within a few minutes the temperature dropped back down again.

Now we werent checking for pyrokenisis, we were thinking along the lines of hypothermia and how quickly the core of the body and the extremities cool in an environment and how quickly they can be rewarmed, but I mention it for the fact that what i watched on the thermal camera wasnt incredibly significant considering the temperature increases I have seen people do, just by rubbing their hands together. Throw in a little deceitful action with the "water" and you can create a lot of heat rather quickly.

There may very well be someone who can create heat with their mind, but they have yet to do it in a controlled environment that keeps everyone honest, and that is the bottom line.

Qi gong and chi can be used for many useful purposes both to enhance the spirit, mind and body.

Examples:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=shao...al%20geographic

It is frequently used in many forms of martial arts to further improve the physical powers and abilities of the practicer. As well as the mental and spiritual powers of course.

Personally I practice Qi Gong and find it quite useful both for physical reasons as well as the mental and spiritual, specially when it comes to energy work and the flow of this energy properly through the body and the chakras and the ability to focus this energy in specific parts of the body, as well as project it out of the body.

Of course, Shaolin monks also go through extreme and extensive physical training for many years that is also part of why they are able to do what they do, and most of them start their training at very young age, around 5-6 is not unusual.

It doesn't matter what you think. It is a fact that people can not set things on fire with their minds.

Does it matter what this lady believes?

She's obviously ignorant and living in a fantasy world, or mentally ill.

Her thinking what she does has ZERO impact on the world of physics and biology, and neither does what you think.

Interesting how a "martial art" that so many gullible people over-imagine doesn't ever show up in MMA fights. Why not? Because mental discipline and concentration can only do so much, and a punch in the face, a take down, and a kimura, all things rooted in reality, expose it for what it is...only a tool usefull for meditation, concentration, and physical controll.....not this magic that so many people are so eagre to believe. Why do no MMA fighters enlist the aid of Shaolin monks? Because they can only afford to train with real methods that really work in real combat.

By the way, in the shaoilin super man video, you can see the ropes stretching. I applaud your open mindness, but perhaps a little critical analyzis is warranted.

A Shaolin munk would beat the crap out of you at any moment. Also I dont see your point about stretching ropes. Ropes do tend to stretch when put under a lot of pressure, depending on what it is constructed of. You never saw a ship in a bay connected with ropes and how they stretch some as the waves pushes the boat outwards? Also it is not a fact that people can not put fire on paper (or other things) with their mind/energy - it is a theory. Just because you havnt seen it with your own eyes or done it yourself doesn't make a fact out of it. That's like saying "it's a fact that telepathy/astral projection/telekinesis/healing/ etc is not real because I have not witnessed it or seen any evidence on it", while on the other hands millions of people will say it is a fact that it is REAL because they HAVE witnessed it, they HAVE done it, they HAVE researched it and observed it. So thats more your personal opinion than anything else.

Shaolin munks do not usually engage in fights for the sport in any case, it is a self defense thing and they are buddhists. It is more a discipline for physical, mental and spiritual development and perfection of self.

There are martial art forms calling themselves Shaolin but are in no way connected to the Shaolin Temple nor have had any training there.

Anyway here's a short video of a Shaolin munk against a Karate Master. Notice the peaceful relaxed attitude of the Shaolin, and how the karate master have not chance to even touch him, how gently the Shaolin munk moves away from the attacks etc.

They rather do peceful demonstrations and shows of their skills such as:

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRGm_Zv0ZeY

Even just watching those demonstrations it is quite clear these guys know their way around. And if you watch the documentaries made about the Shaolin Temple and the training there, you'll no doubt have to see that they are put under extreme conditions and really raised up to be quite hardcore from childs, check the full National Geographic documentary of the Shaolin Monks ( http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...mp;search_type= ).

Heck I'd like to see you in the ring with even a 10 year old Shaolin kid =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GOm9hw5eWY

And some older documentaries about Shaolin:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

-EA

It doesn't matter what you think. It is a fact that people can not set things on fire with their minds.

Does it matter what this lady believes?

She's obviously ignorant and living in a fantasy world, or mentally ill.

Her thinking what she does has ZERO impact on the world of physics and biology, and neither does what you think.

Interesting how a "martial art" that so many gullible people over-imagine doesn't ever show up in MMA fights. Why not? Because mental discipline and concentration can only do so much, and a punch in the face, a take down, and a kimura, all things rooted in reality, expose it for what it is...only a tool usefull for meditation, concentration, and physical controll.....not this magic that so many people are so eagre to believe. Why do no MMA fighters enlist the aid of Shaolin monks? Because they can only afford to train with real methods that really work in real combat.

By the way, in the shaoilin super man video, you can see the ropes stretching. I applaud your open mindness, but perhaps a little critical analyzis is warranted.

You just showed a complete lack of respect or understanding for any form of martial art. Congratulations.

Why would a technique involving the use of chi in an extremely aggressive form be scarcely ever seen, if at all, in a mixed-martial-arts tournament? For the same reasons that strikes to eyes, throat, groin, and the many relatively more obscure vital points on the human body are not used in tournaments. With the exception of a few...interesting individuals...fighters do not enter tournaments with the intention of utterly destroying the bodies of their opponents. It is a competition, and it can be a very fierce one, but there are many rules in martial arts tournaments. If such rules didn't exist, there'd be a hell of a lot more dead fighters in the ring, and probably not very many winners.

Oh, and you may want to check up on that "Theory" that no fighters in mixed-martial-arts train with Shaolin monks.

Fire is a side effect of chemical reaction. So one wouldnt be controling fire but the chemical reaction its self. Since fire needs 3 basic things oxegen,heat, and fuel of sometype. ( I dont mean like gas but anything that burns) So to control fire youd have to beable to control these other 3 things. As far as the monks go yes they have great control over there bodies but it doesnt make scientific laws not apply to them.

Edited by insanemind